PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody of Fire Based campaign

Lord.Sorasen
2011-02-09, 11:50 PM
Has anyone ever tried to run one? I am sort of considering trying to figure out how one would do it... But it seems all too possible.

For those of you who do not know : Rhapsody of Fire is essentially if a bunch of musicians got together, started playing D&D, and were suddenly "Hell, let's just write all our music about this." It's similar to Dragonforce's business model, except for that they utilize powerful synthesizers and extreme musicianship to create highly complex music... Also it's so nerdy that people not into it laugh. But for those of us who enjoy it, it's pretty hard to find anything as purely awesome. For sample purposes... This. Sacred Power of Raging Winds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6hL78so9c) is a 10 minute epic about heroes and demons and such. Also features an introduction by Christopher Lee. Also look up Magic of the Wizards Dream as that is one in which Christopher Lee sings with them.

From here just... I wanted to find an example but - Just pick anything, all of it works.

MeeposFire
2011-02-09, 11:53 PM
I always liked Dawn of Victory and Symphony of Enchanted Lands myself.

Kyouhen
2011-02-09, 11:55 PM
Mmmmm, Dawn of Victory. Biggest problem I think you're going to face is going to depend on which story you decide to base your campaign on. If you go with the Emerald Sword saga you're going to have issues with DMPCs being the big important people.

MeeposFire
2011-02-10, 12:01 AM
Mmmmm, Dawn of Victory. Biggest problem I think you're going to face is going to depend on which story you decide to base your campaign on. If you go with the Emerald Sword saga you're going to have issues with DMPCs being the big important people.

Well the trick is to have the PCs doing things unrelated directly to that plot. For one defending cities and slowing the horde until the emerald sword arrives works as does the time period during the Power of the Dragon Flame album.

Kyouhen
2011-02-10, 12:21 AM
Well the trick is to have the PCs doing things unrelated directly to that plot. For one defending cities and slowing the horde until the emerald sword arrives works as does the time period during the Power of the Dragon Flame album.

That's true. I'm just picturing the finale to the entire thing. I wouldn't attempt to put one of the PCs in the role of Dargor or the Nordic warrior, as they're likely to find some way to not do what you want them to do. :smalltongue:

MeeposFire
2011-02-10, 12:26 AM
That's true. I'm just picturing the finale to the entire thing. I wouldn't attempt to put one of the PCs in the role of Dargor or the Nordic warrior, as they're likely to find some way to not do what you want them to do. :smalltongue:

Naw they take out a top leader in the army or something. There should be plenty of powerful enemies in that giant army.

Claudius Maximus
2011-02-10, 12:41 AM
Oh man is this a blast from the past. "Rhapsody" was the first band I ever liked, and it caused me a huge amount of stress since I was convinced my hordcore/thrash blasting friends would beat me day and night if they heard me listening to this enchanted meadow stuff.

Anyway I never really knew what the deal as with the stories they had. Isn't it all still unfinished? In any case perhaps a summary or something could help if you want help from people not familiar with all of the material.