PDA

View Full Version : Banner Pixel Size

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-10, 01:03 AM
I was wondering what the maximum banner pixel width was, as I want to make a banner for my signature.

Temotei
2011-02-10, 01:09 AM
The total width of images in your signature may not exceed 470 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

The total height of images in your signature may not exceed 120 pixels. This may be comprised of one or more images.

Any images in a spoiler may not exceed 300 pixels high by 470 pixels wide.

Total height of your signature may not exceed 12 lines or equivalent. A smaller font may allow additional lines and a larger font will count against multiple lines. A 120 pixel high image is equivalent to 8 lines, a spoiler with no blank lines around it is equivalent to 2 lines. Please be aware of text wrapping as long lines will count as multiple lines at our discretion.

The maximum total size for your avatar and every image in your signature, including those in spoilers cannot exceed 300kb.

Avatars and signature images must be static (ie. not animated). Animated avatars or signature images will be subject to immediate removal.

The table given after this quote shows:
{table=head]Object|Rule
Maximum Total Width of Images|470px
Maximum Total Height of Images|120px
Maximum Height of Images in Spoiler|300px
Maximum Total Height of Signature|12 lines or equivalent (ie. 4 lines + 120px high image)
Maximum Avatar Size|50kb
Maximum Total Image Size (Avatar and Sig)|300kb
Animated Signatures|Not allowed
Animated Avatars|Not allowed[/table]

That should about do it. Take note of this, as well:

Copyrighted Material and OotS Images
Using copyrighted artwork as an avatar is technically illegal unless you have the permission of the copyright holder. Even if the art is modified in some way, the original copyright still stands and you can't use it as an avatar. Rich Burlew has specifically requested that people DO NOT use his OOTS art as avatar image, other than those he has specifically provided as the default message board avatars. Also, please do not take, alter, or use the provided avatar images, comic images, or other pieces of Rich's art without express consent. If you want an OOTS-style avatar, there are many burgeoning avatar artists hanging around the Arts and Crafts forum who might make one for you.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-10, 01:12 AM
The table given after this quote shows:

That should about do it. Take note of this, as well:

Thanks! =P
Copyright shouldn't be a problem, I'm drawing it by hand (well by tablet).