PDA

View Full Version : The Reclamation: Rebooted

Sanguine
2011-02-10, 04:25 AM
Elisium The Thirteenth of Ascending Wood

The weather god's have given their blessing to this most auspicious day. The citizens of Elisium enjoy a pleasant sunny day with a cooling sea breeze as they celebrate the first anniversary of the coronation of their beloved King and Queen.

Hordes of loyal patriots are thronged outside the palace enjoying all manner of festivities. Inside the palace celebrations are taking place as well. A grand soiree planned by the Queen Radiant’s personal assistant. Attending this grand party are such distinguished individuals as: Whispers of the Catacombs; emissary of the Silver Prince, Haran; son of the Ocean Father and chief adviser of the Sea Lord, and finally Kronus; Emperor of the Emerald Islands. There are also several less important foreign dignitaries in attendance.

It's short I know but it was the best starting post I could come up with. SO you are all at the party what do you do.

Green Bean
2011-02-10, 10:56 AM
Kala kept to the edge of the party, nursing an appetizer and looking out over the gathered dignitaries. Unusually for her, she was formally dressed, albeit somewhat austerely so as not to upstage the more powerful guests. More importantly, despite its appearance the dark olive dress allowed her a full range of motion, a feature she had carefully created while sewing it the night before. Cobb, wearing a similarly well-tailored black and gold outfit, as always, remained by Kala's side.

This would be a banner day for her more socially inclined allies, but for her it meant a wasted day away from her workshop. There was nothing for it, though. She was master of Elisium's shipyards, and thus had to be there lest her absence insult the guests or the royal couple. Thus far her physical appearance, and air of slight irritation had kept people from spending much time talking to her, so she passed the time by pointing out and explaining the various architectural features of the palace to Cobb, and how best to improve or preserve them.

Reynard
2011-02-10, 11:12 AM
Sun clung to the arm of her Mate, trying to do her best 'piece of strumpet out of her depth" act. It was one she'd had plenty of time to practice.

But she watched, and she listened, and she made mental notes of everything. Maybe she'd break off to flirt with someone who had higher ranking than the Lunar whose arm she held around her waist.

He'd understand, of course, that it wasn't for pleasure and that it'd get no farther than suggestive phrases.

DrakeRaids
2011-02-10, 02:15 PM
Silent spent most of is time close to his wife, Radiant, who looked gorgeous as always. Every no and then he would let his gaze settle on her and tune the rest of the world out, to a dull murmur, a faint echo that couldn't pierce the intoxicating experience of being with her. It took a moment for him to force himself out of his reverie, bond, or no bond, he had fallen for the solar hard. He was lucky to have her, but for all the revelry around them, this was business. The fates of nations could rest on what words you choose, what joke you told, and how you greeted someone. He had to focus himself.

He was somewhat surprised to see that the Silver Prince had actually chosen to send someone, he was wary of the creature personally, but as the saying went, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and they needed friends. Still, he had showed a particular audacity in sending a deathknight, and Silent wasn't sure he liked just what that gesture suggested. It was as much a threat as a honor.

He made a point to welcome the other two powers as well, it seemed ironic, seeing the forces of Yu-shan, oblivion, and Malfeas in one room together, without anyone trying to murder the other.

It probably wouldn't last long.

Ganurath
2011-02-10, 02:42 PM
Vasi Re was not entirely comfortable being without a false identity, a false fate to disguise herself in, but she understood the neccesity. No doubt the representatives that held true power, those empowered by Exaltation, would have some capacity to pierce the disguise, and be made suspicious by it. More signifigantly, the energy she would have invested could instead be put toward the tool in her own arsenal toward that effect.

The Meticulous Weaver closed her eyes, causing her world to go black for a brief instant. Then, intersecting wisps of white danced before her eyes, and she opened them to a world of plainly visible essence flow. It'd be good to see who the power players were, especially when compared to one another. Assuming none of them came to her first, of course.

senrath
2011-02-10, 04:39 PM
Radiant was in her element. It was events like this that she lived for. True, she wasn't too pleased with the fact that the Silver Prince had sent a representative, but she did her best to deal with it. It wouldn't do for her to slight anyone. So she took it upon herself to talk with everyone at the party, getting to know them better, and working on strengthening ties. And all the while she was grateful for her husband's near constant presence. He helped keep her calm, when she otherwise would be out of her mind with worry about the potential for war breaking out because of a misstep.

Finishing her conversation with some minor nobility of a nearby island, she placed a hand on Silent's arm and whispered in his ear. "Remind me to do something extra special for you tonight."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-10, 09:08 PM
Silent kissed her gently, "You're doing fine love." He said gently, as if reading her mind, picking up her insecurity easily after their time together. "All eyes have been on you the entire night. You have them mesmerized, hanging on your every word." When it came to dealing with people like this, he had never met someone as capable and skilled as Radiant. He had his own skills of course, they all did, but this was her arena, sometimes, she just needed a little push.

senrath
2011-02-10, 10:30 PM
"Thank you for the confidence, dear." Radiant said with a soft smile as she gently caressed Silent's cheek. He was right, she was being unreasonably worried. If war broke out it wouldn't be due to a single misstep or wounded pride. The mortal nations would be wary of going to war with an Exalt's nation, and the others had little to gain from open warfare as of yet.

Tackyhillbillu
2011-02-10, 10:45 PM
Teeth

Teeth spent the party looking like the military man, out of his depth. It wasn't hard. Teeth could descend to the sea floor, if the mood took him. But this kind of affair still didn't come naturally to him. He could deal with people, but in this closeted, formal atmosphere?

He noticed Sun's forays, understanding her purpose. They'd been together for long enough that he knew what she was up to. Teeth, for his part, smiled at those who passed, and did his best not to cause a scene.

Reynard
2011-02-11, 01:00 AM
Sun

She did occasionally wish he made more of a fuss. She was supposed to be his little bit of fluff, after all. And yet he made no token effort to stop her fake flirtations. Sun eventually made her way back to her mate's side. No decent targets had shown themselves yet, so she might as well keep him happy.

From that place, she shot furtive glances at the other attendees, looking for any non-obvious signs of potential trouble. The emissary from Skullstone was an obvious one, but who knew what else was there.

Perception+Awareness: [roll0] + 3 motes from personal on the 1st ex: [roll1].

Sanguine
2011-02-11, 07:02 AM
Sun

As is the custom of the Emerald Islands Kronus is carrying a ceremonial sword; however it is entirely ornamental and looks like it would snap in half if he tried to use it in actual combat. Whispers’ knuckles are well callused suggesting he is acquainted with the art of fisticuffs. Nothing else catches your notice.

Kala

As you are explaining some piece of architectural minutia to Cobb you are interrupted. “A very interesting view; however I believe you will find a set of thirteen support pillars allows Essence to flow more smoothly while maintaining the same level of structural integrity.” As you look to see who interrupted your lesson you are surprised to find it is the Emperor Kronus. Even more surprising: he’s right.

Radiant and Silent

Whispers approaches the two of you, inclining his head in a show of respect or possibly a calculated insult. “Quite a fine party you have thrown. You even have an Emperor as a guest; very posh.”

Green Bean
2011-02-11, 08:38 AM
Kala froze for just a moment as she ran back through Queen Radiant's assistant's etiquette briefing, so there was only the tiniest of hesitations as she replied. "Well spotted, Your...Imperial Majesty. Thirteen is a very auspicious number that would promote the flow of living essence. You are certainly quite knowledgeable."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-11, 08:48 AM
"Ah yes but we're honored to have you here as well Whispers, worry not." Silent gave him a warm smile not unlike the one given to a fish by a hunting shark as he looked down at the Deathknight, offering a comfort to a fear that the emissary hadn't spoken and likely hadn't existed. Games within games. "We only hope our nation can offer greater peace and prosperity to the west as a whole, as do we all." He added, tapping his cane lightly against the ground as he spoke.

Ganurath
2011-02-11, 11:22 AM
Malfean and Earth... A typical endurance loadout, most likely. Whispers and Haran were harder guesses, but given the setting were most likely social supplements. With a calculated stride that used her walking stick, the woman made her way toward Sun and Teeth. Neither of them were presently engaged, and they were the most appropriate individuals to inform as to her findings.

Sun's role required discretion, so she made a point of addressing her words quietly to Teeth, but not so quiet that Sun would strain to overhear. As she had previously discussed with the couple, she would refer to her Essence sight as "her sources." Naturally, she made a quick glance to note the positions of the persons of interest before addressing the pair. "My sources have seen artifacts of moderate power amidst the parties of interest, but none are weapons. Two of the representatives have what are suspected to be social stones, but the Emperor has defensive combat stones to make the Scarlet Empress jealous. They also took note of how the Silver Prince's representative was leaning on a similar set of sources. I intend to initiate the Water-aspected remainder in business talks to facilitate your observations."

Going to spend a single personal mote on the First Cecelyne Excellency to aid the Perception + Awareness roll to make sure none of the subjects of conversation were in a position to eavesdrop, on the basis of how it's to allow her to provide Sun and Teeth with information in a manner that was previously planned, and she is being careful while doing so.

[roll0]

senrath
2011-02-11, 01:58 PM
"Indeed." Radiant added, smiling brightly at the deathknight in front of her. While she was not comfortable with his presence, he couldn't be let to know that. "Peace is our goal, and it is wonderful that we have managed to get so many different factions together today for this party."

Sanguine
2011-02-12, 01:15 PM
Kala

"High praise coming from a Copper Spider. Anyway, please call me Kronus."

Radiant and Silent

Whispers smiles and says deadpan. "Of course." Then with only slightly more emotion he continues. "Enough with the pleasantries though. There is a piece of business my Liege would like me to discuss with you after the party."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-12, 01:47 PM
Silent glanced at Radiant for a moment, eyebrow raised before turning over to Whispers. He wasn't sure what the silver prince wanted from them, but it was certainly going to be interesting to save the least. "Understood. We'll send for you once all this is done." Well, more likely it would be Vasi to deal with him, but he didn't have to know that.

Green Bean
2011-02-12, 02:04 PM
Kala accepted the emperor's compliment with a jaunty smile as she decided to ignore Radiant's assistant's advice about 'levels of decorum'. "Thank the gods, I was worried I'd have to talk to you with a stick up my arse for the rest of the party. I gotta admit, Kronus, I didn't have you pegged for the architecture type. Ruling seems to keep those two too busy to learn." She jerked her head towards the royal couple.

Sanguine
2011-02-12, 02:40 PM
Kala

Kronus smiles and says. "Then they need to learn to delegate more. Erudition is an important thing in a ruler, not to mention it's fun. I designed my own palace you know. Now that was a fun little endeavor, and not to blow my own horn, but I think it turned out fairly well."

Green Bean
2011-02-12, 02:51 PM
"Yeah, things are always better when you make them yourself. I'll have to see this palace of yours one day."

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 02:54 PM
Crack. Crash.

The sound draws the eye of every person in the room. A wine glass lay shattered on the ground; the red liquid pools out from the broken glass. The limp form of Haran lays next to the glass a small bit of wine dibbling from his slack mouth.

Reynard
2011-02-13, 03:08 PM
Sun did her best not to react to Vasi's information. She was only arm-candy, after all. But she needed to react to this latest development.

She pointed at the fallen man and screamed, clinging on to Teeth's arm as though for dear life, before burying her head into his shoulder. Muffled by his clothes, she whispered to her mate and her co-worker:

"Teeth, I want you to make sure nobody leaves the island. Whether it sails or flies, it dies if it tries. Vasi, I think you can make your own decisions. I'll be getting out of this disguise as soon as I can, then proceeding from there."

Tackyhillbillu
2011-02-13, 03:31 PM
Teeth

The Lunar appeared to be trying to comfort his distraught companion. To Sun, all that would meanwas a curt nod. Sun had seen far worse then that. The large Lunar's words boomed out.

"Quiet!"

Teeth grabbed one of the servants, here for the party, and smiled.

"Go find my secretary, and instruct him to contact Naval Command, and seal every harbor. Also, dispatch a division of Marines to the palace. He'll be in my office."

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 03:40 PM
Teeth

The clearly distressed servant mutters something along the lines of "Yes sir" before scurrying off to do as you instructed.

Green Bean
2011-02-13, 03:55 PM
Kala while surprised, is hardly dismayed. Coral was a Guild-ridden pit, a centre of slavery and greed. Still, the death of their representative would hardly be good for Elisium. With a curt "Excuse me," to Kronus, she crosses the floor and kneels next to Haran. She takes a quick glance around in the crowd, looking for...

"Ah, Davian! There you are. You'd better come here." The alchemist scurried over to the fallen Haran. "Is he alive, and can you fix him?"

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 04:01 PM
Davian kneels over the dead body, placing his fingers on the neck to check for a pulse. Shaking his head he says. "I'm afraid he's dead ma'am."

Green Bean
2011-02-13, 04:13 PM
"Fantastic." Kala looked out over the assembled sea of faces. You didn't have to be a political mastermind to know that there would be repercussions. "I need to know what killed him, and anything else you can find."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-13, 04:14 PM
"Well." Silent said with sigh, "This is wonderful. Someone find out what he was drinking, and test whoever else had the same thing." Silent ordered out, working to establish order. "First we need to make sure no one else is in danger, then we can sort this out i n an orderly fashion." Hah. Orderly. Not likely.

He half expected the assassin to already be gone honestly, but it was important to look like you where doing something even if you know what you where doing was futile. Silents voice was calm as he stepped down, glancing over the various faces inquisitively. He didn't have the energy to interview every single person himself, even if they did close off the palace, and before long tempers would be roused, people would make threats if they weren't released in a timely fashion, which meant speed was of the essence.

He wished he could speak with Sun, privately, if only for a few minutes. He would have to trust her to run things from behind the stage while he kept everyones eyes on him, which was how she liked it anyway.

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 04:31 PM
Davian looks up at Silent and says. "I hope you will excuse me for being flip your majesty; but seeing as how there is red wine on the floor and dribbling out of his mouth I'm going to say he was drinking the red wine."

Grabbing a couple of servants Davian says. "Take the body down to my workshop, and when you are done go and get Morgan; I'll need his help." Then throwing a satchel that had been hooked onto his belt on the table he says to the room at large. "Anyone who drank the red wine take a swig out of the bottle marked antivenin. It won't taste good and it will make you feel even worse then it tastes, but if you've been poisoned it will save your life." With that he storms out of the room.

DrakeRaids
2011-02-13, 04:44 PM
Silent looked at the man curiously, "I ordered at least four different red wines set out tonight, did I not? I know I had the one imported from Halta earlier during the meal, and a few of the cheaper V'neef reds we for the occasion as well. Now if we could spend a little less time questioning the obvious, and a little more making sure no one else is about to fall over dead I'd be grateful." Silent said with a sight, picking up the shattered glass with a sigh, sometimes mortals where simply impossible.

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 04:56 PM
Davian pokes his head back inside the room and says completely incredulous. "Really? Four?" Then after muttering something coarse about nobility he continues. "Well I suggest anyone who had any red wine drinks the antivenin. That thing acted quickly, by the time you figure out which one he drank it could be too late. Now if you will excuse me I have a dead body to examine."

Green Bean
2011-02-13, 05:13 PM
Kala makes a mental note to promote Davian next chance she gets. She picks the satchel up off the table and takes out the anti-venin before pulling another servant aside. "We're going to need some buckets, and possibly some chamber pots. Preferably ones we can throw out afterward."

Turning her attention back to the crowd, Kala cups both hands to her mouth. "You heard the man! Line up and I'll make sure you live through the night." Though her scarred face is difficult to read, there's a hint of what looks like malicious glee in her eyes.

senrath
2011-02-13, 05:15 PM
Leaving her husband and mate to deal with the party at large, Radiant made her way over to Whispers. While he seemed surprised, he could be pretending. And if he was completely innocent of this crime, he could help with the investigation. Looking rather distraught, she stopped in front of the deathknight, her hands clasped behind her back. "I'm afraid that whatever you wished to say to us will have to be postponed for the moment. Although, help us find the person responsible for this mess and we'll be able to have said meeting sooner. And it would certainly help to improve the relations between our nations."

Manip + Presence to try and get Whispers to help with the investigation. Using Irresistible Salesman Spirit, paying from Personal motes. Radiant is currently App 9.

[roll0] (+1 sux if this qualifies as "involving leadership or governance").

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 05:51 PM
"Yes, quite. I'll see what I can find out. I brought a young demon-blooded sorcerer along with me, he can get in touch with my contacts. I'll have him see what we can learn about this Haran fellow; maybe find out why someone would want to kill him. Now if you'll excuse me." With that the deathknight heads to his room.

Ganurath
2011-02-13, 06:37 PM
Haran, son of the Ocean Father... The string of his life had been plucked, and the web of intrigue rippled from him to his father, to his nation, throughout the West and back to her newfound home. She could reference her dossiers to speculate on a motive later. Right now she needed to keep an eye on the parties of interest.

Radiant seems to have dealt with Whispers well enough, letting him depart. He had pursued to speak with them before... Perhaps pressuring into aiding the investigation? Whispers would remain for now, in any event. That left Kronus... He couldn't have gotten too far from Kala, not discretely.

Even if he wasn't responsible for the assassinations, any loyalist to the Reclamation was a threat to her goals. Essence sight would make finding him in the crowd simplicity itself, and then it would simply be a matter of keeping track of him. His Slayer Essence coupled with all those hearthstones lit him up like an anima flare.

Using the First Cecelyne Excellency on another Awareness roll, based on how the preperation of Essence-Dissecting Stare helps to further her plans to examine Kronus as a threat, furthering her long-term goals of thwarting Reclamation. Spending 1m personal, which provides 3 extra dice thanks to Effortless Cecelyne Domination.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 06:54 PM
Vasi Re

As you try to find Kronus, someone taps you on the shoulder. Turning around you are nearly blinded by the burning light of Kronus' Essence. "Boo."

Ganurath
2011-02-13, 07:04 PM
"Emperor Kronus, it has been a while." In hindsight, she should have guesses that Kronus would seek her out from the rest of the crowd if he knew she was here. If he knew she was here... If Kronus was the guilty party and aware of her loyalties, he may have made arrangements to frame her. "You seem calm. Have you already had antivenin, or did you abstain from the wine as well?"

Abstaining from the wine. If the culprit was attending, then they wouldn't have had any of the alcohol. Sun might reach the same conclusion on her own, but she'd have to talk with whoever was distributing the antivenin when the opportunity presented itself.

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 07:23 PM
"Nope. Had plenty of wine. As for antivenin, well I have my own ways of purging my system. Interesting that you didn't have any wine though."

Ganurath
2011-02-13, 07:55 PM
"Alcohol clouds the mind. I have always abstained from it." The Meticulous Weaver lets her eyes narrow just slightly, a very slight smile forming on her face. Outwardly, the expression was due to the implications of her next words. Inwardly, it was that the veiled accusation from the Slayer lended credence to her suspicions of his agenda."Anyone familiar with me would know that, and be able to attest to it."

Sanguine
2011-02-13, 08:25 PM
"Well that is very upstanding of you. Me I like the taste of wine too much to not drink. Of course alcohol doesn't affect me so it's not that large a character defect. It was fun seeing you, we must do it again." Kronus turns and walks away, after a moment he turns back and says. "I almost forgot. Old Scaly sends his love."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-13, 08:41 PM
After distributing the anti-venom Silent let his more diplomatic allies handle the dignitaries as he moved his way through the small, less noteworthy ones. His questions were really anything specific, and tended to be more apologies for the horrific turn their party had taken.

Underneath his political veneer though, he carefully poke it other questions, ideally without them even realizing they where telling him what he wanted to know. Little things like who the Ocean Father had angered recently, and any personal enemies or feuds the late Haran had himself been a part of.

four motes spent

Per+Inv [roll0]+2 sux = five sux

Ganurath
2011-02-13, 08:42 PM
"Noted." And that confirmed that he had the motive. Vasi Re turned to depart, seeking out either Teeth, Sun, or some sort of palace enforcer en route to her quarters. If she was going to be framed, evidence implicating her would be planted there, and it would happen soon if it hadn't already happened. She would have to secure it, and protect it against intrusion long enough for the grounds to be secured.

The grounds. Just because the constructed docks were secure didn't mean the same could be said for an unsettled beach. They'd have to bar people from leaving the building. She'd definitely need to inform someone.

Sanguine
2011-02-15, 12:01 PM
Silent

You learn that before his tenure as an adviser the late Haran had been employed in a nearly equally lucrative business. Piracy. You also find out that there was a rumor circulating a couple years ago about how the death of the Emerald Princess had been caused by Pirates from Coral.

Vasi Re

You intercept a guard on his way to your room. The guard doesn't even look old enough to shave and his helmet keeps falling down over his eyes. "Can I help you miss."

Kala

Shortly after the antivenin is applied to the last dignitary Davian taps you on the shoulder. Once you turn around he says in Old Realm. "I've identified the poison. Yozi Venom."

Ganurath
2011-02-15, 12:32 PM
"There is at least one assassin about, and there are dossiers in my chambers that would be useful in determining a motive. Additionally, my prime suspect has motive to either frame me or exploit the situation to strike at me while alone." Vasi Re tilted her head in the direction of her quarters, gesturing for the young guard to follow. He wouldn't be able to do much in a fight, but he'd be the extra pair of eyes she'd need as a witness to her innocence. "As such, an escort would be appreciated."

Green Bean
2011-02-15, 12:49 PM
Kala blew out a sigh before responding quietly in kind. "Of course it is. Okay, keep this under your hat for now, I'll pass it on to our royal majesties."

Seeing Silent was busy with the crowd, Kala instead quietly approached Radiant, pulling her to the side. "Haran died of Yozi Venom"

Sanguine
2011-02-15, 01:23 PM
Vasi Re

The little prepubescent-seeming guardsman puffs out his chest and says. "It would be my honor to escort you."

You reach your room unmolested and find it seemingly exactly as you left it.

Ganurath
2011-02-15, 02:30 PM
Vasi Re nods in satisfaction upon arriving in her chambers. "No obvious tampering. I shall reclaim the dossiers on the victim and look into a possible motive. I would appreciate it if you would examine the area for anything that may have been planted to implicate me. Refrain from touching such evidence if you do: I don't want the hands of anyone but the guilty party touching any evidence."

As she goes to claim her dossier, Vasi Re glances over her shoulder at the young guard. It seemed odd to her that such a youth would qualify for the role. It wasn't outside the realm of possibility that he was a plant. Her eyes were already fully open, so it wouldn't hurt to give him a more thorough examination. After all, wasn't it her plan to catch an infiltrator in her chamber?

Making another Intelligence+Occult roll to examine the area, specifically the guard. If it's a change of scene, I'll add one die with a personal mote using the First Cecelyne Excellency. If it's the same scene, I'll add four free dice thanks to Effortless Cecelyne Dominance. The basis for use of the excellency is that her actions fall in accordance with previous planning, using an asset she had previously accumulated. Additionally, her examination is very much deliberate and careful, and if she's wrong to suspect him it will affirm her dominance by her superior strength.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sanguine
2011-02-15, 02:47 PM
As you study him the young guardsman gos about searching the room. After a few minutes he says. "Uhm, I'm not sure it's what you had me looking for but there's an unmarked letter here. I don't recognize the seal."

Ganurath
2011-02-15, 03:23 PM
By that point Vasi Re had removed the dossier on the Coral Archipelago and was looking for information on the victim. She simply nods in reply, moving to where she could examine the indicated letter. She'd need to examine the dossier in a moment, for now this letter required her attention. "Interesting. Good work. Watch the door for intruders, but keep me within your field of vision so that you can testify that I have not touched it."

With that, the Meticulous Weaver turns her attention to the letter and the seal. If the seal wasn't from some Infernal source, then the note would most likely be the evidence planted against her. If it was from the Emerald Isles or the Ebon Dragon, then she was confident that the letter was some form of trap.

Int+Lore to recognize the seal.

[roll0]
[roll1]

senrath
2011-02-15, 05:25 PM
"Yozi Venom? Are you sure?" Radiant asked in a hushed tone, her mind going over the various implications. The poisoner would have to be an Infernal or similar, and that pointed to the Emerald Isles. Or to Vasi Re, but that was just ridiculous. But the rest of the world wouldn't think so. "They're trying to frame Vasi, aren't they?"

Green Bean
2011-02-15, 05:33 PM
"Maybe, maybe not. Yozi Venom's pretty much deadliest stuff out there, and while it's expensive, it isn't impossible to get if you know where to look. It might be a frame up, or it might be whoever wanted him dead really wanted them dead. Or this is as simple as it looks and one of Kronus', err, cronies did it."

senrath
2011-02-15, 05:45 PM
"Well, regardless of what the intentions behind the assassination, it looks bad. Can you keep this under wraps, at least for now?" Radiant whispered as she tried to figure out what to do now. They weren't ready for war, and one looked to be looming. Even if Vasi wasn't implicated, they'd be blamed for lax security.

Green Bean
2011-02-15, 05:51 PM
"Davian and I are the only people who know. Well, Cobb too, but he's not the type for idle chatter." Cobb nodded solemnly.

Ganurath
2011-02-15, 09:21 PM
"Green Sun. Malfean iconography. From the Emerald Isles, if not from the demonic realm directly. Odds of falsely incriminating me are dismissably improbable. Odds that the letter contains some form of trap, however, are not. Proximity trigger would have already gone off, which leaves contact, motion, and opening." Vasi Re held out the Coral Archipelago dossier to the young guard. She'd have to remember to ask his name before they parted ways. Now wasn't the time, though. "Hold this. I will get a sheet to move to the letter on to with my walking stick so it can be presented to those that can examine it safely without direct physical contact."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-18, 02:01 PM
Silent shifted over to Radiant and Kala , smiling slightly as always, offering not the slightest hint to the turmoil around him as people whispered and panicked. He remained serene, calm. "Well then my Lovely ladies, find anything interesting?" He said lightly, his body shifting as he pulled out a pen and a napkin, keeping eye contact with then as he scribbled out a short note, out of sight from the rest of the guests.

Note

Circumstantial evidence points to Kronus, he has a motive for the murder, Taran was suspected in the death of the Emerald Princess a while back. We have to detain him.

Green Bean
2011-02-18, 02:14 PM
Kala looks skeptical for a moment at Silent's apparent paranoia, but plays along, writing her answer on the napkin in a surprisingly elegant copperplate hand.

Note
Death caused by Yozi Venom - best you can get. Expensive, but not hard to find. Doesn't narrow suspect list.

senrath
2011-02-18, 03:17 PM
"Nothing, I'm sad to say." Radiant said as she kissed her husband on the cheek. She then wrote her response on the napkin in a tight, neat scrawl.

Whispers has promised to aid in the investigation.

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 03:48 PM
Silent, Radiant, and Kala

Whispers saunters over to the three of you and says jauntily. "Ooh, a note party. How fun." Then grabbing a piece of parchment and a pen from an interior jacket pocket he writes a note in a flowing elegant hand.

Note
I've looked into recent poison purchases, both from the Guild and even more unsavory vendors. If you've identified the poison I can probably tell you who sold it and when.

As for our friend Haran. He is a rather sick bugger; and that's coming from me. Back in his pirate days he did some rather nasty things. The only one I was able to find out about that's related to anyone here is his encounter with the Emerald Princess. He kidnapped her; raped and tortured her for months on end. Then when he was tired of that he tied her to the bow of his ship to use her red hair to avoid Storm Mothers. She died after three days; Haran kept her corpse tied to his ship until it started to decompose at which point he just cut her bindings and let her corpse fall into the ocean.

Ganurath
2011-02-18, 03:55 PM
After acquiring a paper large enough to cover the letter while folded in half, Vasi Re set it on the desk adjacent to the letter. Then, using the snout of her cane's dragon head, she slowly slid the paper under the letter. Assuming no trap was triggered, she would then use the cane's head to fold the paper over, creating an improvised satchel to carry the document. She then went about collecting the dossier on the Emerald Isles before reclaiming the document pertaining to the Coral Archipelago. "You will carry the letter. Whether the letter is malign or not, the fact that it was planted demonstrates that the Emerald Isles have deliberately breached our security."

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 04:39 PM
Vasi Re

Taking the improvised Satchel the guard nods. "Yes, maam. If you don't mind me asking, what are we going to do with the letter?"

Ganurath
2011-02-18, 04:46 PM
"Present it to those who can make use of it. While it isn't conclusive enough evidence to implicate in the assassination, it's sufficient to warrant more aggressive investigation." With one arm holding the dossiers to her chest, Vasi Re uses the other to point toward the door, indicating that the young guard should lead. "We should be on alert en route back to the party. There is at least one threat on the grounds with competence in infiltration."

senrath
2011-02-18, 04:52 PM
Reading the note Whispers presented caused Radiant to stiffen with rage. Suddenly she didn't care so much that Hasan had just dropped dead. Only the fact that war could still break out kept her caring at all. "That...that changes things."

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 04:53 PM
Vasie Re

"Right." The young guard says confidently. Then somewhat sheepishly he asks. "Er, who exactly can make use of it?"

DrakeRaids
2011-02-18, 05:06 PM
Silent looked around quietly, before scribbling another note. "Indeed. I doubt we'll be serving red wine for a while." He said, sliding the note down.

People are going to upset with this, and I have no intention to go to war because one sociopath raped a woman and murdered her. This mans actions in death could end more lives and cause more carnage then he ever did in life.

Ganurath
2011-02-18, 05:07 PM
"Teeth of the Depths." Vasi Re allowed herself the slightest of smiles. While the evidence was more intended for Sun, odds are the Lunar would appreciate it if Kronus made an attempt to "resist arrest," especially in a manner that demonstrated his nature. "Hurry, now. Time spent here is time for the assassin to find an exit."

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 06:33 PM
Vasi Re

"Right, of course." With that the young guard begins leading the way to Teeth of the Depths. There are no complications along the way and soon you are in the presence of both Teeth and Sun.

Teeth, Sun, and Vasi Re

The young guard is clearly uncomfortable before Teeth and spends several seconds going part way through various signs of respect before he finally settles on a salute. "Sir. This nice woman has asked me to give you this letter I found in her room. She says, it may be connected to the er murder." With that he proffers the improvised satchel.

Ganurath
2011-02-18, 06:45 PM
Vasi Re is careful to keep her voice low, stepping in so as to be sure that Sun and Teeth are the only ones to hear. Well, it was possible that the youth would overhear, but it wouldn't be anything he hadn't already heard. "It is evidence of infiltration of my chambers by a party with demonic ties. Neither the young guardsman here nor myself have had direct physical contact with the document. I suspect an agent of either the Emerald Isles or the party behind the assassination, if they aren't the same group as I suspect."

Green Bean
2011-02-18, 07:26 PM
Kala's mouth is set in a line as she reads Whispers' note. She had expected Haran to have a shady past, but this went beyond that pale. Not bothering to use the note, she speaks in a low, calm voice. "We are going to solve this right now. I need this room cleared, and some salt."

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 08:00 PM
"You do realize not everyone leaves a ghost right? And even if he did, it likely passed into Lethe within moments of his death." With a slight smile he adds. "Still, if he left a lasting Ghost that's information I'd like to have. I'll get the salt."

As Whispers leaves to get the salt Davian addresses the room; making good use of his diaphragm and not giving even the slightest thought to diplomacy he bellows. "You heard the woman! If your not Elisium Brass get the hell out of this room! And don't for a second think this gives you the right to leave the premise. Come on! Vamoose!" After all of the various dignitaries have been herded out of the room Davian turns to Kala and says. "I'll just go keep an eye on them. Make sure no-one tries to leave."

Almost in synchrony with Davian leaving Whispers comes in carrying a big bag of salt.

Green Bean
2011-02-18, 08:15 PM
"It takes three days for a ghost to fully pass into the Lethe, if he even chose that path. And the summoning ritual is not hard to do." Kala grabs a bag of salt before remembering her place, and looks in askance at Silent for permission.

Sanguine
2011-02-18, 08:40 PM
"It isn't always a matter of choice. The fact that going through Lethe takes three days doesn't do you any good; as once the process starts nothing can interrupt it. That means no summoning. However as you said it's an easy ritual. No reason not to try."

DrakeRaids
2011-02-21, 02:59 PM
Silent nodded somberly, "Discover what you can Kala, we're counting on you." He didn't understand Kala all the time, he tried to be friendly with her, and worked to give her the various supplies she needed for her more estoric projects, but it seemed the two of them operated on frankly different pathways. Not that he didn't appreciate that, she often picked up on things he was inclined to miss, and followed her trains of thought to different and useful destinations, like he hoped she had now.

Green Bean
2011-02-21, 03:55 PM
Kala approaches the spot where Haran had died - there was still a slight stain on the floor where the poisoned wine had touched the ground. Grabbing a knife off a nearby table, she draws a slit across her own finger and begins drawing arcane symbols in blood on the floor. She keeps a running commentary going, mostly for Cobb's benefit. "You can use anyone's blood for this part, but there's little enough required that there's no need for donors...this symbol is called The Invitation, it's critical in most summonings, not just ghosts..."

The Twilight lights a few candles meant for later that evening and pulls a few leaves off of some decorative plants. "...most occultists would burn incense, but by burning parts of living plants, it should forge a more powerful necromantic bond."

She opens the sack of salt and sprinkles a simple circle around where Haran died, and a second one further out. "Salt is a useful precaution against hungry ghosts, as they can't cross this line. Kala winces. "For future reference, lay down the salt before you get the blood. And with that, we're ready to begin."

Kala begins muttering, her voice low and gutteral. It is less a chant and more a performance; as the ritual goes on, she repeatedly gestures to the bloody symbols, entreating the higher soul of Haran to enter her presence. The lights in the palace almost seem to dim as the ceremony seems to reach a sort of climax. A strange pressure builds and builds, until it permeates the very air. Just when it seems like the very fabric of the world will tear itself apart, Kala points at the central circle, and utters a single syllable in a voice unlike her own. "Rise."

Ghost summoning is difficulty 2 (assuming this is Creation and not Calibration), pool of Charisma + Occult.

Charisma + Occult: [roll0]

Sanguine
2011-02-21, 05:36 PM
Pale gray mist pours forth from the arcane sigils as the land of the living and the dead momentarily intertwine. For the merest of moments necrotic essence leaks into the world and then standing before you is the pale transparent shade of the late Godblood.

Green Bean
2011-02-21, 05:45 PM
Kala takes a quick breath, and casually wipes her finger on her dress. She motions the rest of her circle in closer. "Well, I got him here, but keep in mind I can't control him or force him to tell the truth. You guys should probably talk to him."

senrath
2011-02-22, 01:54 AM
"Alright then." Radiant said, approaching the ghost and standing directly in front of it. This was her element, and her time to shine. After looking the figure up and down, she stared directly into his eyes.

"Haran Arria, Right Hand of the Sea, Son of the Ocean Father, Lord of the Shifting Forest, and Captain of The Mist. As you are most likely aware, you are dead, and that leaves us quite a dilemma. You see, since you died in our court during our function, that leaves us partially responsible. And we simply cannot have that." She paused to draw breath and began to walk in a slow circle around the ghost, looking him over once more. She decided that it was important to let nothing stand secret in this conversation. There was a good chance that Haran would be less suspicious if he knew their exact reasons for seeking his killer, and none of the information was exactly secret anyway. "So, you see, we cannot let your killer escape without punishment. Very harsh punishment. But we do not know who he is, or where he came from. We have suspicions, but nothing concrete. So tell me, dear Haran, do you know who killed you?"

Using Hypnotic Tongue Technique to impose the command of "Answer all of our questions truthfully and fully."

[roll0] See here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10424340&postcount=1281) (+1 sux if this counts as "involving leadership or governance)

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 02:11 AM
Haran looks at you his eyes conveying utter contempt and perturbation. "No I don't know who killed me. Hell, I don't even know how I died. One minute I'm bored out of my mind at your idiotic celebration, the next I'm dead; and quite frankly, if I had known I would be stuck for eternity with the clothes I picked out today I wouldn't have worried about decorum and would have worn something actually comfortable. Any other mindless questions you would like to ask?"

senrath
2011-02-22, 09:41 PM
Radiant's eyes narrowed menacingly as she halted in front of the ghost once more. She did not appreciate being talked to like that. Haran clearly had no idea the true reach of her power. "Look you stupid ignorant moron, we're trying to find out who killed you and why so we can punish them. The least you could do is make our jobs of finding your killer easier. Surely you want to be avenged?"

Sighing deeply, she forced a seductive smile and began to sway her hips, allowing her arms to join in the motion a few seconds later. Soon she was dancing, moving gracefully in a circle around the former prince. The motion of her body and arms flowed smoothly into an enticing and somewhat erotic display. "Come now, dear, don't you want to make this easier on little old me?" Radiant said after several minutes of the dance, pouting slightly at Haran as she did so.

Using Husband-Seducing Demon Dance. Radiant's anima is now totemic.
[roll0]

Green Bean
2011-02-22, 09:56 PM
Kala raises an eyebrow as Radiant starts dancing around the ghost, but recalled her queen's 'talents' in dance. She quietly covered Cobb's eyes as the dance grew ever more risqué, but decided there was little harm in watching herself.

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 10:00 PM
Haran rolls his eyes at the display and says simply. "My feelings regarding vengeance are a moot point. You asked me a question I had no possible way of knowing the answer to. Now unless you actually have questions I can answer I would like to go back to the slightly less dull task of waiting for a decent funeral."

Green Bean
2011-02-22, 10:18 PM
"Enough with the attitude. Someone wanted you dead badly enough to try and kill you with Yozi Venom under some very watchful eyes. Have you, or that Guild-puppet hellhole you call a nation pissed anyone off recently?"

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 10:28 PM
"Aside from you? None I can think of. However I can think of dozens of people who have long-standing grudges against me. Even more towards my 'hellhole' as you so poetically put it."

Green Bean
2011-02-22, 10:34 PM
"There's a pretty big difference between someone with a grudge and someone willing to poison you under our...enhanced watch." Kala sighed. "Let's make this a bit easier. No one else is dead, so whoever killed you had to have poisoned your glass directly. Who was near you when you croaked?"

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 10:43 PM
"I had already taken that into account with my estimate of dozens. As for who was near me..." The ghost of Haran thinks for a moment before saying. "In the last minute or so of my life I was talking to some minor dignitaries whose names escape me. Though now that I think of it there was someone rather strange who bumped into me. I didn't recognize him and he was wearing the guard uniform so I didn't really pay any attention at the time."

Ganurath
2011-02-22, 10:48 PM
With that, Vasi Re speaks up and gestures toward her young companion. Any Fiend, or for that matter any Infernal in line with the Ebon Dragon, could pretend to be a mortal. For all she knew, he could have been the one that planted the letter. Rather eager to volunteer as well... "Was the guard as young as this one?"

Reynard
2011-02-22, 10:51 PM
This was all far too much... for the woman Sun was pretending to be. She made a little show of fainting into the arms of one of the waiters, who was in fact one of her little spies. It seemed they needed a refresher course on detecting enemy agents.

She 'weakly' pulled his ear to her mouth, and whispered an anger-filled command.
"Get me outside, now. This sh*t is absurd."

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 10:57 PM
Haran looks closely at the guard for a moment before saying. "Yeah that's him."

As soon as he says this the young guard exclaims in an accent completely different from the one he had been using before. "Ah, bloody 'ell!"

At about the same time the "waiter" escorts Sun out of the room.

Reynard
2011-02-22, 11:06 PM
Once she's hopefully out of sight, if not out of mind, Sun straightens and turns to her man.

"Okay, save excuses for later. Right now we need to damage control. We need to find how how deep this rot is, and where it's strongest. Contact the others of our little group in the building, and get on it. I'm getting out of this get up and heading into the city at large, to see what I can see. Understood, officer?"

Green Bean
2011-02-22, 11:07 PM
Kala has a quiet fist pump of victory before turning to the ghost. "I'll exorcise you just as soon as we deal with this."

Kala turns her attention to the 'guardsman' as she casually hefts her ritual knife. "The odds are really against you right now. This can be an interrogation, or a very busy day for the royal cleaners. Your choice."

Kala is trying to convince the guardsman to surrender. Charisma + Presence, and her Appearance counts as 3 since it's intimidation.

[roll0]

Ganurath
2011-02-22, 11:11 PM
"Kindly refrain from resisting arrest." Vasi Re raps her cane against the floor in front of her, and thin wisps of white light creep from the mouth of the dragon's head, probing and slithering like the heads of a dozen vipers. "I suspect you were acting under orders. Details are desirable, and cooperation would go well toward diminishing your punishment."

I imagine it's a new scene again. Charisma+Presence to get him to cooperate, getting six extra dice between specialty and hearthstone for 14. If possible, I'll also spend 2m on the First Cecelyne Excellency due to her minimal language, as well as trapping him in debt with an offer of what he desires.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: Appearance 5.

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 11:23 PM
Sun

The spy nods. "Yes ma'am."

Everyone Else

The young guard looks at Vasi Re with a hint of sadness in his eyes he says forlornly. "Oh if only that were true." Then turning towards Kala he says. "I choose the messy day thank you very much."

Green Bean
2011-02-22, 11:27 PM
Kala tightens her grip on the knife, and bends her knees slightly. "Cobb, honey, go get behind something. This shouldn't take long."

Join Battle: [roll0]

Reynard
2011-02-22, 11:30 PM
"...Well? Get moving." Growled Sun, as she tweaked the silver broach at her neck. Her clothes went from flashy and regal to a smart, mid-ranking Guardswoman's uniform, including a smart little hat.

She left the palace with all speed, heading for the city proper. And she was furious.

Sanguine
2011-02-22, 11:43 PM
Inside the Palace

Cobb scurries behind a table at Kala's command. Meanwhile the young poisoner just stands there, not so much as laying a hand on the sword at his waist.

Outside the Palace

In the city the celebrations are still raging, the people of Elisium unaware of the murder.

DrakeRaids
2011-02-23, 10:53 AM
Silent kept his hand casually on the tip of his cane, ready to draw the blade hidden within at a moments notice. This had gone as well as they could have hoped, Kala and Vasi to be commended, but if they where to learn more they needed the guard alive. He sighed as he moved quietly and carefully around the man, hoping to get into a position to block him from exiting, should he make the attempt.

Tackyhillbillu
2011-02-23, 06:10 PM
Teeth

Teeth didn't go for subtle displays. That was Sun's department. He was Iron Clad Fist. But when it came time to get impressive...

"I'm suggesting you drop your weapon, and start talking."

Teeths body grew as he transformed, clothes ripping in a fairly satisfying fashion. He ruined a lot of clothes like that, but what could you do. In the place of the Western Man was... well, essentially a Bipedal Shark. He looked at the 'guard' with a smile that showed far to many teeth.

[roll0] JB

DrakeRaids
2011-02-24, 02:46 PM
Silent became utterly still, as a deadly silence settled over him. He did not move, he simply stood there like a statue, one hand on his cane as his gaze settled on the warrior, patiently waiting for the perfect moment, the single instant where he would be able to end this in a single blow if need be.

Aiming till further notice

Green Bean
2011-02-24, 04:30 PM
To Kala's surprise, she's the only one stepping forward to attack. "Must I do everything around here?"

She closes the distance with a surprising turn of speed for someone in a formal dress, knife in hand. When she gets within arms length, she drops lows, flinging a concealed handful of ritual salt into the guard's eyes before driving the blade up and into his gut.

Stabbing with a knife, Dexterity + Melee + Accuracy

[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-02-24, 04:41 PM
The guard just stands there as Kala drives her knife into his gut his only movement being a slight wince as the blade is pulled out.

Two Die stunt recover 4 motes or 1 wp.

Tick 5: Teeth
Tick 6: Vasi Re
Tick 9: Kala

and Silent gos whenever he aborts the aim.

Tackyhillbillu
2011-02-24, 10:25 PM
Teeth

Teeth watched the Guards reaction to the Knife entering him, and shook his head. That was... unusual. And probably not a good thing. This guard was probably not purely Mortal. Teeth took up a defensive posture, intent on stopping the guard from escaping.

Blockade Movement

Ganurath
2011-02-24, 10:42 PM
A simple mortal wouldn't have taken a stab like that so casually. Either he wanted to die, or... The Essence pattern! It was either a compulsion or a disguise, but either way he needed to be contained nonlethally. "Capture, Kala, not kill. Just because he won't cooperate doesn't mean I can't make him talk."

She faces the guard directly and taps her cane on the floor again. The white wisps flowing from the dragon's mouth like a razored bloom suddenly extend and close in, encircling before closing in from all sides. Well, aside from directly above or directly below. No pressure enough to cause harm was applied, though, as he goal was containment. One of the whipcord tendrils lashing around did snap the tip at his groin, however. Just because she was sparing him injury doesn't mean she would spar him pain.

10 Willpower + 5 Occult + 3 Specialty + 1 Bracer for a 19 die clinch attack, intending to Hold so as to avoid damaging him. The omnidirectional assault is intended as overwhelming power, while the snap at his manbits (boybits?) suits the arbitrary cruelty of the Endless Desert. Already used the Excellency once, so the 2 dice are free.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sanguine
2011-02-24, 11:53 PM
In stark contrast to his response to the knife, the guard backflips away from the wisps of essence, but not fast enough. Vasi Re's essence encapsulates and captures the young boy. The guards face shows pure unadulterated terror as he realizes he is captured.

1 die stunt.

Tick 9: Kala
Tick 10: Teeth
Tick 12: Vasi Re

and Silent gos whenever he aborts the aim.

Also if you plan on taking him alive, it might be a good idea to stop his bleeding.

Green Bean
2011-02-26, 09:03 PM
For a moment, Kala is pleasantly surprised by easily the attack succeeded. However, the boy's strange inaction quickly dispelled any sense of accomplishment, and the Twilight swore as she realized she had played right into his hands even as the essence-construct closed in on him.

"He's bleeding, and I don't know how to fix him."

How many levels of damage did Kala do to him? Also, does Davian have any ranks in Medicine/is there a royal physician?

senrath
2011-02-26, 10:13 PM
Radiant sighed, disappointed at how things had turned out. Taking a deep breath, she quickly moved up beside the young 'guard', smiling softly at him. In her eyes shone both compassion and malice, for she despised the boy for what he had done but could not truly hate someone for doing something out of desperation. Slipping her arms around the child she drew him into something that was both a hug and a grapple all in one. "You can let him go, Vasi."

Using Hero's Breathtaking Entrance to JB on the current tick, then Iridescent Substitution Technique to take the place of Vasi Re in the grapple. Spending peripheral on both.

[roll0] difficulty is Vasi Re's MDV, but she said she wouldn't resist so at the very least it'll be against her lowest MDV.

Green Bean
2011-02-27, 05:17 PM
Kala backs away from the strange display, not willing to risk interfering with Radiant's...whatever she was doing.

Guarding, assuming we stick with combat time.

Tackyhillbillu
2011-02-28, 04:36 PM
Teeth

Teeth backs off as well, willing to let Radiant hold onto him.

"So what now? We going to have to kill him, or someone have a better plan."

The currently anthropomorphic Shark rumbled.

Ganurath
2011-02-28, 05:04 PM
"Am I the only one here who knows what interrogation is?" Vasi Re positioned herself before the mortal's exposed injury, tapping her cane on the ground again to send the wisping tendrils out into it. Much like everyone else in the room, the Fiend knew next to nothing about treating injuries. However, she knew the concept of processes, and how to injure people, so that would do in a pinch.

"You wished for my words to be true, which suggests you wish to live." The white wisps pulsed silver for a brief second as they wove into the broken flesh, gently pulling it together while applying pressure in key areas. She knew the process by which a knife stab wounded the body, and she knew the process of making such injuries worse. Stabilizing the man, in theory, was a simple matter of reversing the former process while avoiding the latter. "Your life will continue... But it will belong to me."

Vasi Re has three dots in Perception. Spend 1m to get an automatic success from the Cecelyne Excellency, then spend a point of willpower to get a second success, and she has enough to beat the difficulty 2 to stabilize him. I figure the Excellency applies since she's preserving an asset, as well as giving him what he wants to not only ultimately own him but also to punish him for his subversive behavior.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-02-28, 08:11 PM
It's actually a Wits roll to stabilize someone, but that doesn't change anything. Excellency applies, also one die stunt recover two motes.

The relative calm the guard had maintained through the fight evaporates as his wounds are tended. The look of terror on his face crumbles into huge wracking sobs in between which he repeatedly mumbles. "I don't wanna. I don't wanna. I don't wanna."

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 01:14 AM
"Definitely mortal. Which means that spell about you isn't yours." Vasi glances over her shoulder at the Abyssal. He had had his eyes open to the flows of Essence as well, it wasn't impossible that he'd see something that she'd miss. "Would you been so kind as to provide a second pair of eyes? Need to make sure that whatever's on him isn't a kill trigger before interrogation can begin. The effort to get information is wasted if the subject's spine implodes before it can be vocalized."

With that, Vasi turned her attention back to the boy. She let herself scan him in detail, now, noting the subtle flow of energy from whatever spell was on him. She had been sloppy before, expecting the obvious flare of Infernal essence. She wasn't going to lose such a critical asset to such neglect, not this day.

Going to examine the spell Vasi spotted specifically, spending 6m Personal (leaving 2m, by my math) to get 4 sux with the Cecelyne Excellency. Basis for its use is protecting an asset, being meticulous in pursuing her goals, and to a lesser extent arbitrary cruelty from the imploding spine line.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-03-01, 01:41 AM
Vasi Re

Your closer examination of the lingering effect shows surprising results. The effect isn't so much effecting him as preserving him. The essence is acting as his life force and can be withdrawn at any moment; resulting in a very painful death for the young boy.

At roughly the same time you make this discovery Whispers mumbles. "Well that's odd."

The effect in question is Splintered Gale Shintai from Broken-Winged Crane. If you don't have the book I can pm you the Charm.

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 02:25 AM
"Ah... That explains how he got you in. You're a cheap copy of him, an extension of his will... And guilt." Vasi then got an idea. A cruel, manipulative, and brilliant idea. "That you fear his response means he can monitor you. So he knows that whatever he does to you, I will inflict upon Bellitudo. Does he think I lack the means, or are you ready to earn your bitter mercy?"

Protecting assets with arbitrary cruelty, buying a success and a die for free. Since I believe that this is a hostage negociation, I'll roll Specialty and Hearthstone as well. The social attack is to encourage the continued existence of the hostage. Not sure if Appearance applies if it's going through a medium, though.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] +1 sux

Sanguine
2011-03-01, 02:33 AM
The young clone stops crying long enough to look at you quizzically and say. "Who's Bellitudo?"

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 12:31 PM
"...Interesting." Vasi Re's eyes narrowed slightly. The name of the agata was an obscure thing, even among her former peers. The boy's body clearly didn't match that of Kronus, but was he truly so ignorant? She would need to stall long enough for the Infernals to congress. "Kronus knows the weight of the name. You do not get to ask questions. You don't get to ask for anything. The best you can hope for is that we inflict a quick death where your master would bring a slow one, as you're too much a coward to hope for an Exaltation. Do you understand your situation?"

Sanguine
2011-03-01, 12:51 PM
"I would like to point out I'm nine years old, well chronologically I'm only about 48 hours old. Regardless, cowardice is perfectly natural at my stage of life. Also there is historical precedence for cowardly Exalted. The very fact that I'm a coward proves that. As for my situation, yes I think I understand it. Now who's Bellitudo and what does Kronus have to do with anything?"

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 01:17 PM
The cane tapped, and wisps cupped the clone's chin and the back of his head to hold him steady. A single finger extended forward, the lengthy spike-like nail coming just short of his eye. One second, two seconds... And the nail slid between eyeball and eyelid before tugging outward. Not enough to break the flesh, but enough to be painful. "You do not get to ask questions. That you are responsible for the murder is already apparent. What is the motive?"

Green Bean
2011-03-01, 04:05 PM
Kala strides up to Vasi and knocks her cane aside - not enough to disarm her, but enough to jar it. "Vasi, that's enough!"

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 05:17 PM
It actually was enough to knock it aside, as Vasi had not actually been putting weight on it. The wisps that had been coming from her hand grow new tendrils to reclaim the decorative device. Perhaps luckily for the assassin, the nail under his eyelid isn't jarred enough to break flesh. "This is a construct, one that can be terminated by the creator with a thought. The termination process is slow, extremely painful, and unstoppable short of Exaltation. Positive and negative reinforcement need to be adjusted according."

Vasi then turned her attention back to the boy. "Motive, before Kala's next intervention brings a tremble to my finger."

Sanguine
2011-03-01, 11:03 PM
The boy grimaces as he says. "I fail to see how it's readily apparent. I bumped into a guy, last time I checked it's not lethal. Even if I did kill the man as you claim, I could hardly be considered the murderer. I would simply be the murder weapon. As for motive, who's do you want to know?"

Radiant and Teeth must fail Compassion rolls to not try and stop the torture.

senrath
2011-03-01, 11:16 PM
"That's enough, Vasi. This isn't getting anywhere." Radiant said as she diverted her gaze from what Vasi was doing to the poor child, even as she tightened her grip on the 'guard'. She couldn't watch this, but she couldn't really do anything else, either. Everything she had tried that evening had ended in failure. Some Queen she was.

Ganurath
2011-03-01, 11:37 PM
Vasi withdraws her nail. And the boy had seen fit to ask another question, as well. "By your order, my queen. I'll come up with another way to reinforce that he is not to ask questions."

Vasi then looks the boy in the eye, inspiration quickly reaching her. If she couldn't provide negative reinforcement, deprive him of the positive. "Anytime that you respond to my questions with anything other than an answer that at least tries to be helpful is another ten seconds you're left to squirm when you're snuffed by your creator. That last question has bought you ten seconds without mercy so far."

The Fiend suddenly put on a cheerful smile, as though nothing could be better in the world. "Let's start with the basics, since you're in the mood to be glib. Do you know who killed the gentleman who's ghost can be seen floating behind me? If so, who did it?"

I figure hanging the promise of mercy and threatening to take it works for owning someone using their desires, and she continues to punish him for disobeying the Infernal's law. So, Cecelyne Excellency to buy 2 sux for free. If it can be argued that she's using the promise of mercy to negociate information out of him, her Presence specialty and hearthstone would also apply.

[roll0] +2sux Excellency
[roll1]

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 12:07 AM
"The answer to you're first question is yes, I do. I'm afraid I can't answer the second question however."

Green Bean
2011-03-02, 12:13 AM
"Can you tell us your orders?" Why were you sent here?"

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 12:16 AM
"The ten second rule applies to her questions as well." Vasi nodded her head in Kala's direction to clarify who she was referring to.

Same logic as last time, pressuring him to answer Kala's questions. Buying 2 sux and a die for free.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]+2sux

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 12:18 AM
"Let me check." The boy closes his eyes for a moment before saying. "Huh. Seems I like to gloat. I was to act as a distraction until such time as the real killer could escape."

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 12:43 AM
"Interesting. Tell your master that if he doesn't present himself and his motives, we'll have to assume that he works for Emperor Kronus due to his having motive to pursue the murder and the two of them being... I believe 'peers' is the proper title. So Kronus will be the name we give to the Coral Archipelago, as well as the names of those he cares about, such as Bellitudo." Vasi Re maintained her smile, but her brow furrowed just slightly and her voice took on a harsher tone. The situation was unpleasant, but it wasn't impossible to salvage. The odds would be improved by the others in the room acting on that information. Her place was here, playing the politics game. "So he'll have made the lives of two Infernals far more difficult than neccesary. Now for my question: What does your master feel his odds are of surviving next Calibration?"

Going to try to resist a challenge to plans by persuading the young Infernal to come to her, or at least allow her to amass information resources enough to identify him so he can be punished. Buying 3 free sux. If she's negociating the information given to the Archipelago, rolling for that as well.

[roll0] +3sux Excellency
[roll1]

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 12:52 AM
"Better than yours."

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 01:05 AM
"A reasonable assumption. Stupid, but reasonable." Vasi gestured with her cane's bottom toward the letter that she had discarded. "What can you tell me about that letter that I don't already know for a fact? Would I be correct to assume you planted it in my chambers? Is there some sort of trap? Is it part of an attempt to frame me? Remember the ten second rule."

As she turned, she also glanced at Whispers to gauge his reaction to the situation. She had an idea, but it depended on how he reacted to the next question.

She goes back to owning someone using their desires, and she continues to punish him for disobeying the her law. Three free sux and a die. Also, negociating information. It'd be nice to know if these are counting so I know whether to roll them or not.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] +3sux

Reynard
2011-03-02, 01:09 AM
Sun, meanwhile, was moving fast. She rounded up members of the city guard, browbeating any who lay under her apparent rank (pretty much all of them), and putting them to work searching the island for anything that could be called a hideout. She joined the search once she'd gotten well over half the force mortals on the case.

She thought back to her days running the streets of the Lap. The little places she knew that let her be alone. Recalling the instinct of the sneak-thief little girl, Sun looked for places that the younger her would have loved. Attics, alcoves, even the caves dotted around the coast of the island. Anywhere that seemed like a good place to hide, she looked.

Looking for a lair, and (hopefully) stunting the use of Perception + the Stealth/Larceny abilities. 6 motes on the 2nd excellency, if stunt is successful.

[roll0] +stunt dice +3 Successes.

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 01:17 AM
Inside the Palace

"I did plant it. It's not a trap. Nor is it an attempt to frame you. It's a blank piece of paper."

Whispers appears to be watching the proceedings with much amusement. He is even smiling.

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 01:30 AM
Damn it. Didn't mean to click submit. Anyway they are applying and you can assume they are whenever I make no comment on the matter. Also every social attack you made had a one die stunt, recover however many motes that is.

Sun got a two die stunt and succeeded so she can recover 4 motes or 1 wp.

Outside The Palace

Over the course of several hours you uncover several drug dens, a handful of illegal brothels, a couple smuggling rings, and a pair of very frisky adolescent males.

Finally after hours of searching and several dozen arrests you find what you are looking for. A cave on the southwestern shore of the island, inside is initially just a dank musty cave. However deeper in are furnishings. Desks, chairs, tables. All marked with a strange symbol of intersecting lines. At first there don't appear to be any people. However shortly after your arrival in the furnished part of the cave a weaselly looking fellow with sunken eyes darts out of the shadows and tries to escape, running straight into the chest of one of your guards.

Reynard
2011-03-02, 01:42 AM
"Hold him!" Barked Sun, as she made her own move to stop the wastrel. Between her and all the other guardsmen, he had little hope of escape.

The guard he'd ran into went to forcefully embrace him, while two more grabbed his arms. Sun's hand swiftly drew one of the gaurdsmen's swords from it's sheathe, and held it against the ragamuffin's skin.

"Aaand no. You're not getting out of here alone. Care to explain?"

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 01:52 AM
"A warning of the Yozi's reach. I am properly intimidated by your ability to enter a room I ordered you to enter. Your submission to my whims is humbling." Vasi walked over to the letter, picking it up with her fingernails like chopsticks before glancing between the king and queen. "Anything you wish to know, shall we just dispose of it, give Whispers a turn...?"

senrath
2011-03-02, 01:55 AM
"No. There is nothing more. I pray that our fellows have had more luck than us on this night." Radiant said, still holding onto the boy. The prospect of ending his 'life' was not one that she was particularly interested in, but he had been at least partially responsible for the events that had occurred, and it wasn't as though he would live much longer, anyway.

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 02:11 AM
Outside the Palace

The strange fellow trapped in the arms of the guard laughs maniacally before singing cheerfully.

"The arts of peace shall spell our doom
As truth is extracted from the pretty room
The saviors shall lie
And we all shall die!"

Reynard
2011-03-02, 02:17 AM
"See, that's not explaining. That's not explaining at all. Try again, and try to do it right."

Sun's voice, while upbeat, ran deep with the threat of punishment. Well, provided this guy wasn't just some random crazy hermit.

Cha+Presence: [roll0]

Also, activating Judge's Ear on the off-chance.

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 02:50 AM
The man looks at you quizzically and says.

"Words fall on deaf ears
You hear not the song of truth
why bother me so?

Whatever the hell he's saying he believes it.

Reynard
2011-03-02, 03:12 AM
"Becuase, little man, there are murderers about. And of the many, many suspicious and illegal things we've found looking for them, this cave is high among the list. Now, do speak up, I haven't heard the explanation for this place yet."

Sun was getting impatient now. It was only a matter of time before she had this poor fool brought before the Most High King and Queen. She mentally rolled her eyes at the thought.

Let's try this again, dice bastards.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-03-02, 03:35 AM
The man looks at you and sighs.

"We follow the young one
His eyes and ears are we
His will is done
Here we do plea"

Reynard
2011-03-02, 03:42 AM
<That's better.>

"*sigh* We're not getting anywhere. Take him to the guardhouse, lock him up, and hold him there until I or someone more important than me coming looking for him."

Having ordered two of the guards to take their new-found friend back to a nice comfy cell, Sun looked at her remaining unwitting aides.

"Search the place. Gods above and below know if we'll find anything, but maybe we'll get lucky."

Once she saw that they were doing what she'd told them, Sun took her liberated sword deeper into the cave system, trying to find where the madman had come from.

DrakeRaids
2011-03-02, 11:43 AM
Silent shook his head as he turned away, sighing slightly. It had been for naught, they had no murderer, only a few scant clues that suggested the Emerald Empire had done it, and even if they didn't at this point they had to have someone to blame. There would be war, they where as prepared as they could hope to be for that thanks to the efforts of Teeth and Kala.

"If he has nothing else to tell say, we can do nothing for him." Silent said with a shrug.

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 11:46 AM
"Well, at least his remains will vaporize afterwards." The cane tapped the floor, and white tendrils reached out menacingly. "You majesty, as a matter of personal hygiene I suggest you step back from the boy. The demise of these creatures always tends to spray a bit."

senrath
2011-03-02, 11:47 AM
"Of course." Radiant said, quickly pulling away from the boy and turning away. She couldn't watch this.

Ganurath
2011-03-02, 11:55 AM
"Minimizing splatter." The largest tendril shot out like a bolt of lightning, going directly into and through the knife wound Kala had inflicted earlier. Once inside, the tendril split like tree roots and began shreading the young boy's innards. It wasn't the most painless death, but quicker than anything his master could provide, and wouldn't spill out before the boy disintegrated. If anyone had the stomach to watch, they might occasional catch a glimpse of outward pressure against the boy's flesh from within showing the progress of the tendrils.

[roll0]
Base Damage 4L Piercing

Tackyhillbillu
2011-03-02, 12:03 PM
Teeth

Teeth watched the boy die, his face showing dissaproval. He refused to turn away, anger showing. He didn't mind executing someone, when he had to. He would have simply killed the boy. No need to pointlessly cause pain. Worthless expenditure of effort, for no reason other then to hurt someone because she could.

"Well done. You expended effort to torture who couldn't fight back. I'm certain your mistress is pleased with you. I'm going to fine Sun."

Teeth walked off, intending to find his mate. If he remained in Vasi's company, he was likely to do something precipitous.

DrakeRaids
2011-03-02, 12:31 PM
One hand found its way to Radiant's shoulder, as the boy slowly died. Silent didn't like it either, he had been perfectly willing to execute him himself, a single quick cut and it would have been done. This was.... distasteful. "You need to watch." His voice was quiet, as he gently pulled at Radiant, "Its not pretty, and its not fair, but its what we've done. A ruler must face the consequences of their actions no matter ugly they may be."

senrath
2011-03-02, 12:45 PM
"I can't, Silent." Radiant said, pulling away from Silent's touch and hiding her face in her hands. "I didn't want this. I never wanted this." After a moment, she flung herself into Silent, burying her face in his chest and hugging him tightly. Careful to make no sound, she began to cry, her tears soaking Silent's shirt.

DrakeRaids
2011-03-02, 12:54 PM
Silent held her there for a few moments, hand stroking through her hair. "I know Love, I know." He whispered, nuzzling her slightly as he gently moved his hands to her cheeks, angling her head up so he could look into her eyes. "No one wants this. Leadership is rarely a boon, but a burden. Nevertheless, there are people who count on you, who worship you every day." He moved his lips closer as he kissed her tear stained face, "We have an obligation to them, to our patrons, and to creation itself. If we turn away from all the ugly and horrible things, how can we face them? And face them we must, or we become them. Do you dislike what you see? Then change it. Thats the power, and the responsibility you've been given Radiant."

senrath
2011-03-02, 11:23 PM
Silently, Radiant closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of Silent's tender kisses. For a moment she let him take her away from the burden of ruling before sighing and opening her eyes once more. "You're right, love. You're right."

Green Bean
2011-03-04, 05:36 PM
Kala did not allow herself to look away from the boy as he died. Actions had consequences, and to look away was to run away. Inwardly, she hoped Cobb wasn't seeing this.

After a quiet moment had passed, Kala broke the silence. "You still need to figure out what to do. I'll take care of Haran for now."

Sanguine
2011-03-05, 02:56 AM
Sun

After a few moments of searching you find a small crevice in the wall barely large enough to squeeze through. Once on the other side you wish you weren't. You find your self in a huge opening with numerous dismembered bodies. In addition to the dismembered bodies, on seemingly every available surface is the strange symbol from before; written in blood, marrow, and in a handful of cases excrement.

If all of that weren't horrible enough directly across from you is an altar in front of a painting of the young guardsman with a still bleeding heart laying atop it.

Teeth

After several hours of searching the city you fin a couple of very embarrassed young men who saw someone matching Sun's description heading to a cave on the southwestern shore of the island. When you get to the cave in question you find it is full of guardsmen ransacking it for some inexplicable reason, as well as a couple pieces of wooden furniture. But no Sun.

Green Bean
2011-03-05, 10:19 AM
"That will be all for now Haran. Thank you for your...help." Kala casually wiped away the various bloodly summoning sigils, removing the ghost's ties to this particular location. "I sincerely hope you choose the Lethe in the future."

DrakeRaids
2011-03-05, 10:37 PM
For just a moment, Silent truly did wish he could simply take her away from all this, but as he said, they had responsibilities here, ones that they could not forsake. sighing he released his wife reluctantly and turned back to the matter at hand. "Well then, we know what killed Haran, if not who. Vasi, I need you to begin on a letter, that tells Harans father what happened here. We can't make any major decisions until... Teeth returns with any more intelligence."

Ganurath
2011-03-05, 11:50 PM
"Understood, milord." Vasi gave a curt bow to signify her intended obedience. She also made a mental note to explain her behavior to those who had disapproved, or more to rehash previously addressed points. "If I may offer my advice, however, I believe that there are at least two matters that require more immediate attention."

senrath
2011-03-08, 08:07 PM
"And what matters would those be?" Radiant asked as she dried her eyes on her sleeve. She didn't worry about ruining the dress she was wearing since it was made out of solidified light, and thus wouldn't stain.

Ganurath
2011-03-08, 08:18 PM
"I doubt that Haran came to Elisium without some sort of entourage. I imagine that they are curious about the current scenario." Vasi then gestured toward Whispers using the head of her staff. "Additionally, while I am not yet aware as to how the Skullstone representative came to participate in the investigation, I imagine the specifics will need to be addressed."

Sanguine
2011-03-08, 08:24 PM
As Vasi finishes Whispers cheerfully adds. "Also, I believe I heard someone say Kronus was involved. Might be a good idea to make sure he hasn't fled the premises."

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 02:29 PM
Kala carelessly brushed a tuft of hair out of her eyes as Haran faded from sight. The events of the past hour or so were beginning to wear on her patience. "Well, since you're all busy plotting, I guess I'll go have a little chat with Kronus." She swiftly leaves the nearly empty room, Cobb in tow, headed for wherever Davian had stashed all the dignitaries.

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 02:58 PM
Kala

As you make your way into the room with the various dignitaries you can see none of them are pleased. The shock and horror at the death all seem to have passed, replaced by indignation at being sequestered so. You don't immediately see Kronus among them, however Davian heads your way. "What can I do ya fer ma'am?"

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 03:02 PM
"I need to have a chat with the good Emperor. Hasn't run off, has he?"

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 03:06 PM
Davian ponders for a moment before saying. "Haven't seen him in a little bit. I'll go look for him."

As Davian saunters off in search of the emperor a mousy looking girl you recognize from the cleaning staff tugs on the sleeve of your dress. "Ma'am, there's somethin needs your 'ttention"

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 03:22 PM
Inwardly, Kala wonders what else could go wrong. "All right, what seems to be the problem?"

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 03:31 PM
Sheepishly the mousy girls says. "Someone painted a symbol on one of the doors. It's painted in b-b-lood. My boss thought, you might wanna know as it looks all occult-like."

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 03:43 PM
"Cobb, you have your quill and paper, right? Wait here, and if Davian comes back, let him know that I'll just stepped out for a sec." Kala nods at the girl. "You'd better lead me there."

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 03:50 PM
The mousy girl bobs a curtsy before leading you towards the symbol. It takes a surprising little amount of time, the palace is after all a big place, but within just a few minutes you are standing before the door. Sure enough painted in blood is a symbol, though to be more accurate it's a name. The Old Realm representation of Kimbery.

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 04:06 PM
"Well, it's a good thing you came and got me." Kala pulls out a scrap of paper from an interior pocket and jots a quick note. "I'll take care of this. You run this note down to Vasi - tell her I sent you"

With that, she takes a closer look at the symbol. While the overt meaning was clear, the occult is all about details; the placement, the thickness of the blood, even the essence flows of the room. Ideally, it'd tell her more than its painter wanted to let on.

Note reads: Someone wrote Kimbery's Old Realm name on the door to <X>. In blood. Kronus isn't with the group, though I've got Davian looking for him. -K

Does the door lead anywhere in particular? Also, Int + Occult to see if anything else can be determined from the symbol.
[roll0]

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 04:28 PM
Vasi Re

Shortly after Kala leaves a mousy looking young serving woman comes up to you proffering a note. "Uhm, mistress Kala asked me to give this to you."

The note is the one Kala wrote.

Green Bean
2011-03-10, 04:36 PM
Try as she might, Kala can find nothing supernatural about the symbol. Grabbing a cloth from inside the broom closet, she smears it through the middle, making it almost unreadable. Assuming the blood does not eat through her hand, Kala flags another servant and tells them to inform the cleaning staff that the door is completely safe to clean.

With that, she hurries back to see if Davian is back yet.

Ganurath
2011-03-10, 04:40 PM
"Why not the roy-" Vasi read the note, and her mind reeled with implications. A feint to divert blame away from Kronus by providing another culprit. A message to the guests about the safety of Elisium to undermine the nation's apparent strength. A warning of impending attack. So many implications. She wanted to speak plainly, but the second point needed to be considered with Whispers present. "Prioritize preventing observation of the incident by the guests, as well as locating the source of the writing medium. Tell her that it's functionally identical to the blank letter that I received."

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 04:45 PM
Vasi Re

The woman peaks at the note before responding. "It was written in blood miss; what writing medium uses that?."

Kala

You smear the name beyond all recognition with a single motion.

When you get back to the room Davian is there with Cobb. "I'm afraid the Emperor somehow slipped by me ma'am."

Ganurath
2011-03-10, 04:50 PM
It took more than a modicum of self control to prevent Vasi from slapping her forehead. "Typically, blood comes from a body. Given the content of the graffiti, I would guess that the one to be sought is human and recently dead."

Sanguine
2011-03-10, 04:58 PM
Vasi Re

Genuinely puzzled the cleaning girl asks. "How do we know it's human blood?"

Ganurath
2011-03-10, 05:06 PM
"Because Kimbery is a Yozi, and the Yozi are monsters that way. Plus, she's the source of the Lintha's inherited power, and everyone in the West knows what they're like." She then gestures with her staff pointing toward the door. Despite her normal stoicism, Vasi's voice now carried the annoyed desperation of someone who had grown tired of beating a dead simhata. "Now get the word to Kala!"

Green Bean
2011-03-11, 03:55 PM
Kala almost swore, but reigned herself in, considering the company. "F-antastic. Do we at least know if he's still on the grounds?"

DrakeRaids
2011-03-11, 05:32 PM
"Vasi, allow me an Radiant to handle the consequences of Haran's demise, dealing with the deceased no doubt upset allies is something more up our line of expertise." Silent said calling for a servant to make an inquiry concerning Harans erstwhile entourage. "See if you can track down Teeth and his contact too. We're running blind at the the moment." He desired his own investigation as well, but it would be unbecoming for the king to be out at the streets now, so he would bide his time, and hope the trail hadn't gotten cold by the time he was free. "As for your Whisper, your aid is noted and appreciated, but it would be best for you to return yo your quarters now."

Sanguine
2011-03-15, 12:05 PM
Vasi and Silent

The mousy girl curtsies and mutters something along the lines of "yes ma'am" before scampering off to do as Vasi instructed.

Meanwhile an old gray haired clerk bobs his head at Silent's request and saunters off to see it done.

"Well I suppose I have some business to attend to there. Reports and such."

Kala

"Don't know ma'am. We could ask Karitas, I suppose."

Karitas is the Nation God. Also I am very sorry for taking so long to post.

Ganurath
2011-03-15, 12:23 PM
"With your permission, your majesty, and provided there is no objection from representative Silent, I would like to accompany him to address the aforementioned specifics of his aid in the investigation." Vasi glances toward the Abyssal, wondering what sort of incentive he may have been offered. Neither of the royalty would have been so reckless as to offer a national incentive up front, or so overt as to attempt bribery. Perhaps... a diplomatic opportunity of some sort? "Given that you intend to speak with the late Haran's entourage, I would need to wait for the results and details of that conversation before writing the letter to his father so as to prevent mixed messages."

Green Bean
2011-03-15, 03:56 PM
"That's a good idea. Did he come to the party, or should I go borrow an altar?"

Sanguine
2011-03-16, 10:47 AM
Kala

Materializing out of thin air is the form of a petite little blond haired girl in a brilliant green sun dress. The little girl chuckles, her laughter like the chime of a bell and says in a voice like the roar of the ocean. "That won't be necessary Princess of the Earth. What do you ask of me?"

Green Bean
2011-03-16, 11:33 AM
Kala bowed, a perfunctory gesture of respect. "The Emerald Emperor seems to have given us the slip. I don't suppose you could help us track him down?"

Sanguine
2011-03-16, 11:41 AM
Karitas concentrates for but a moment before saying. "The Emperor Kronus no longer resides within the purview of my domain."

Green Bean
2011-03-16, 11:50 AM
"So either he's already left the island, or he's here, just out of your sight."

Does Kala know what sort of places, if any, would be both nearby and outside Karitas' purview? Not necessarily specific locations, but general classes of effects that'd put Kronus outside of Elisium? Just in case you need one, here's a roll;

Intelligence + Occult: [roll0]

Sanguine
2011-03-16, 12:21 PM
"I believe you misunderstand. I am the god of the Nation. All territory that is a part of it is within my domain not just the one island. The Emperor is long gone. Unless, as you say, he is hiding."

Raksha Freeholds.

Or it could be Kronus made it out of the country already. Maybe it has something to do with the bloody door.

Green Bean
2011-03-16, 12:29 PM
"I didn't mean any offense. Can you find anyone else from his delegation? Servants, advisors, that sort of thing?"

Sanguine
2011-03-16, 04:34 PM
"Gonna, need to give me a little to go on here. I can expand my senses to encompass my entire domain, but that doesn't do me any good if I don't know what I'm looking for."

Green Bean
2011-03-16, 04:51 PM
"Right, hrm..." Kala had an excellent memory, but she hadn't felt the need to look at the party's guest list. Still, she did know of someone who would have paid extra close attention to whoever the Emerald Islands had sent to Elisium. "Perhaps you could come with me to see Vasi for a moment? I'm sure she'll be able to furnish you with names and descriptions."

Sanguine
2011-03-17, 06:45 PM
The goddess sighs. "No."

Green Bean
2011-03-17, 07:20 PM
Kala gives Karitas a nonplussed look. "No?"

Sanguine
2011-03-17, 10:17 PM
The tiny goddess smiles. "Kidding. Let's go." With that Karitas skips to the door.

As you make your way to Vasi something sparks in the recesses of your memory. A rumor of how the demonic artisans of Malfeas could create devices to allow transport into the Demon City via any door marked with the name of a Yozi. Just as this recollection happens you arrive.

In case it's not clear from the above, I've changed my mind on the difficulty of your earlier Int + Occult roll to learn anything about the symbol.

Green Bean
2011-03-17, 10:33 PM
"May I borrow you for a moment, Vasi?" Kala pulls Vasi off to the side, ideally out of earshot of Whisper. "Kronus has run off - I'm guessing he used a demon key to escape directly to Malfeas. Taking his whole entourage with him would've been really obvious, so if you can give Karitas names and descriptions of anyone with him, she may be able to find some still in Elisium."

Ganurath
2011-03-17, 11:04 PM
Vasi nods, then turns toward Karitas. She smiles politely, then taps her cane on the ground once, sending forth a bloom of black essence that rapidly closes up around her. The ebon lotus disperses a second later like a silently popping balloon, leaving... What looks like a nine year old guardsman. The Exalts in the room would recognize the visage of Haran's assassin. Whispers (and anyone else who could look) would even see that Vasi's Essence now resonated with Adorjan, if he bothered to look.

As for her fate, she decided to indulge in her sense of humor. This form's fate would be to escape capture by dumb luck, only to be captured and brutally killed on his next visit to Elisium. Vasi even spoke with the voice of the assassin. "This is the form of the duplicate body made by the assassin. It was true to his appearance, as well as his personality. As such, he is a coward. I am guessing on the Essence resonance based on the Yozi from which the duplicate-forming Charm comes from, as well as the assassin's talent in sleight of hand that allowed him to poison Haran."

Sanguine
2011-03-18, 01:44 AM
Karitas concentrates for a moment before saying. "The boy is not within Elisium. Though there are a couple depictions of him in what appear to be rather vile shrines scattered throughout the islands. Any others?"

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 11:55 AM
"All mortals, to the best of my knowledge. I was too preoccupied memorizing faces to think to check auras, unfortunately." Vasi taps the tip of her cane (now a sword in appearance) against the floor, and forming rough frames of various faces with the white wisps that come forth. She accopanies each three-dimensional image with a two-dimension front view and profile, but she can only maintain focus on one or two of such presentations at a time. "We should inform our security forces about this cult, see if it can be converted."

Sanguine
2011-03-18, 12:20 PM
The goddess takes a moment before saying. "They are here, in the palace, all of them. They appear to be on edge but no more so than anyone else. It is unlikely they know their sovereign has fled."

Ganurath
2011-03-18, 12:42 PM
Vasi nods, the visage of the youth peeling off her true identity in petals of shadow and fading into nothing as they fall away. "And as one matter of importance eludes us, two more arise. Your majesties, how would you like to go about addressing the various matters at hand?"

DrakeRaids
2011-03-18, 01:45 PM
"We need clues, and that cult likely has them. Capture a few, purge the rest, but we'll need to do it quietly. The last thing we want on our hands is a bunch or martyrs. We'll have to really on... Teeth for that. We need to broker a diplomatic contact with Kronus, and Sea Father, I doubt it will accomplish much but it we need to make some effort to avoid open war now. Maybe he can explain. Somehow." His tone made it clear he didn't find it very likely.

Alsolying diplomacy would give them time to muster their forces. If the Emerald Isles had planned this, they would already be primed and ready, Teeth was a good Admiral, but you can't be at full readiness all the time. "Its doubtful Kronus's lackeys know anything but we can talk to them too. Its best to be through and if we dont have him the its the most we can do." Silent rubbed his temples idly, this day was turning out rather poorly, but it could be worse. It could of been Radiant, or his own body on the floor.

"In the meantime, Karitas, can keep your eyes on the waters, or are you limited to the Islands? Warn us if Emerald Ilse punctuates this with an actual assault ,or a enraged Sea father starts tearing through the Islands. I'll interrogate the prisoners while Radiant handles Harans entourage. Kala, we still need to get Teeth and his friend back here. I need Vasi to "see to" Whispers, so thats going to fall to you."

senrath
2011-03-20, 09:42 PM
"To be specific, Whispers requested a meeting with us before this whole mess started. If you could see what he wants, that would be lovely." Radiant said, deciding that it was best to clarify what her husband had wanted. At least, what she thinks he wanted.

Ganurath
2011-03-20, 09:52 PM
"Gladly." If it was a matter that she was tasked with handling, it was a matter that involved delegation. She turned her eye upon Whispers, eyebrow raising just slightly. "Assuming the business of Skullstone can't settle for a direct representative of Elisium's royalty, that is."