PDA

View Full Version : If I were to use Wish to successfully add these enhancments?

Sims
2011-02-10, 09:19 PM
I read you could use wish to add to the existing qualities of a magic item. Say for example, I had a sword, and I could "flawlessly wish for enhancements to improve it"

How much EXP would it cost me to Wish on the following:
Vorpal
Holy
Axiomatic
Evil Outsider Bane
Chaotic Outsider Bance
Fireburst
Iceburst
Shockburst

It sounded pretty complex.

Psyborg
2011-02-10, 10:49 PM
I read you could use wish to add to the existing qualities of a magic item. Say for example, I had a sword, and I could "flawlessly wish for enhancements to improve it"

How much EXP would it cost me to Wish on the following:
Vorpal
Holy
Axiomatic
Evil Outsider Bane
Chaotic Outsider Bance
Fireburst
Iceburst
Shockburst

It sounded pretty complex.
Can't be done for a single weapon pre-Epic. Vorpal +5, Holy +2, Axiomatic +1, 2x Banes @ +1 ea., 3x Bursts @ +2 ea....you're looking at +16 worth of enchantments there, buddy, which even on a +1 weapon is well into Epic territory. Non-epic magic can't make epic magic items.

Cruiser1
2011-02-10, 10:58 PM
Can't be done for a single weapon pre-Epic. Vorpal +5, Holy +2, Axiomatic +1, 2x Banes @ +1 ea., 3x Bursts @ +2 ea....you're looking at +16 worth of enchantments there, buddy, which even on a +1 weapon is well into Epic territory. Non-epic magic can't make epic magic items.If you leave off the 3 burst bonuses, and go with Vorpal +5, Holy +2, Axiomatic +1, 2x Banes +1+1, that's just +9 worth of enhancements. Bonuses can only be applied to a +1 weapon, so let's assume the base weapon you're wishing to improve is already +1. Improving a weapon from +1 worth of enhancements to +10 is store price 200K gp - 2K gp = 198K gp, or 1/25th that in XP. Hence it costs 7920 XP to improve your weapon that way via crafting, or double that for using Wish, or 15840 XP total (not counting any XP spent for casting Wish itself).