PDA

View Full Version : What is the Totemist Archer? [3.5]

Zertryx
2011-02-10, 10:35 PM
I tryed looking all over for the Totemist archer build, but I cannot seem to find any at all, but I see people say all the time that Totemist make one of the better archers, can anyone link me to some builds for totemist Archers?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-10, 10:50 PM
I assume it involves manticore belt (a spike per essentia as a standard action? Where do I sign) fly by attack (given by the waist chakra bound) and a necklace of natural attacks keyed to the spikes.

sonofzeal
2011-02-10, 10:53 PM
Totemists aren't really known for their archery so much as growing two dozen natural attacks and tearing things to shreds. I won't discount the possibility of a good Totemist archer, but it's not the first class I'd look at. I know there's a soulmeld that does decent acid damage as a ranged touch attack, that may be what people are referring to.

Honestly though, I'd just go Warlock. Reliable ranged weapon that scales with your level, flight to keep you out of melee, and a smattering of other useful doodads as you level.

mootoall
2011-02-10, 10:57 PM
I tryed looking all over for the Totemist archer build, but I cannot seem to find any at all, but I see people say all the time that Totemist make one of the better archers, can anyone link me to some builds for totemist Archers?

As has been said before, the Manticore Belt gives you a buttload of ranged attacks. Frost Helm also gives you a ranged cold attack, and you can fly with another soulmeld. And if you're looking for bonus dex, a shifter might be in order ... and if a shifter is in order, you might want to try the racial sub-levels I've 'brewed in my sig!*

*SHAMELESS SELF-PLUG!

MeeposFire
2011-02-10, 10:57 PM
Totemists aren't really known for their archery so much as growing two dozen natural attacks and tearing things to shreds. I won't discount the possibility of a good Totemist archer, but it's not the first class I'd look at. I know there's a soulmeld that does decent acid damage as a ranged touch attack, that may be what people are referring to.

Honestly though, I'd just go Warlock. Reliable ranged weapon that scales with your level, flight to keep you out of melee, and a smattering of other useful doodads as you level.

That soulmeld is a incarnate soulmeld not a totemist meld and a totemist will never be as good at using it either.

mootoall
2011-02-10, 11:02 PM
That soulmeld is a incarnate soulmeld not a totemist meld and a totemist will never be as good at using it either.

But again, Manticore Belt and Frost Helm will still do terrible things to other people.

MeeposFire
2011-02-10, 11:05 PM
But again, Manticore Belt and Frost Helm will still do terrible things to other people.

Yes but not acid touch attacks.

Angry Bob
2011-02-10, 11:14 PM
If you want an archer specifically, CN incarnate, sighting gloves/chaotic incarnate avatar, and psionic shot/greater psionic shot does work. But it's not a totemist.

sonofzeal
2011-02-10, 11:15 PM
I still vote for Warlock. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2011-02-10, 11:38 PM
Flyby attack + boatload of attacks as a standard action is still nice.

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-10, 11:49 PM
It's the manticore belt trick. You pile a lot of essentia into that belt and stack as many damage boosts as you can. 10 or so full bonus attacks is pretty good.