PDA

View Full Version : Crush Thread the X+1-1th

Serpentine
2011-02-10, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I dunno what number we got up to.

Anyway, Hallmark Day's coming up, and I think it's been at least a year since the last one, so I thought this might be a good time to revisit the Crush Thead.

http://www.greetings.ca/Romance.jpg

This is a thread for expressing especial platonic, romantic or "like-like" sentiments for fellow Playgrounders, Valentine's Day wishes, and so on. Go on, be brave! You'll make someone's day :smallsmile:
If you want to be secret, you can PM me or (it tends to be kinda full...) email me on JTTHEVB at hawtmale dot com. If someone sends me a link to the secret mailer thingy I'll link to that here, too.

I won't put any "please don'ts", but I will point out that whinging, passive-aggressiveness, excessive expressions of jealousy and other (actual or perceived) attempts at attention-seeking generally just reflect badly on you and tends to make people uncomfortable. Just... don't get excessive.
Oh, and "pffft, you can't like someone you only know online!" is a combination of missing the point and being a killjoy. Just sayin'.

To kick us off... I might have a bit of a crush on Vorpal Tribble, except I find him kinda intimidating >.>

arguskos
2011-02-10, 11:53 PM
Hmmm. Crushes eh? I have one or two...

MountainKing: We have a bromance, and you damn well know it. :smallamused:
Quincunx: I know, I know, I shouldn't discuss the banned, but dammit, I really liked Quin. :smallfrown:
Cycoris: Move along, citizen, move along.

Had another one. Can't remember it now. Don't know why. Probably cause I'm wiped out. :smallsigh:

Haruki-kun
2011-02-10, 11:54 PM
Looks like fun. I wonder if I have a crush on any Playgrounders.... *thinks*

druid91
2011-02-10, 11:54 PM
He's a vorpal tribble. Have you seen that animation he has? The one where it leaps out of the computer and eats the intended targets head? True story.:smalleek:

Not really, please don't eat my head.:smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-10, 11:56 PM
Oh, boy, this thread again :smallbiggrin:

I crush... Trog. That's pretty much it.
Really.

Now, I could list off people who I like more than the rest of you, but it'd be long and kinda boring and would serve only to stroke my friends egos :smalltongue:

But know that Rabbit is watching all of your Crush lists and shipping you in her head.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-10, 11:59 PM

Really.

Now, I could list off people who I like more than the rest of you, but it'd be long and kinda boring and would serve only to stroke my friends egos :smalltongue:

But know that Rabbit is watching all of your Crush lists and shipping you in her head.

Then I have a crush on YOU. Do with that what you will. :smalltongue:

@Serpy: I believe this would be Thread 10. The last thread on the archive sems to be the ninth. (Looked it up.)

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:00 AM
Interesting... Then that makes the next one the X+1th :smalltongue:

arguskos
2011-02-11, 12:02 AM
Interesting... Then that makes the next one the X+1th :smalltongue:
I approve of this comment, for the many lulz it creates.

I hereby suggest this thread be retitled to "Crush Thread the VIIII+1th", just to aggravate people who don't know their Roman numeral history. :smallcool:

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:07 AM
Too late, I've made my decision :smalltongue:

arguskos
2011-02-11, 12:08 AM
Too late, I've made my decision :smalltongue:
There goes my crush on this thread. :smallfrown: Meanie. 'sall good ;)

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:10 AM
Aw :smallfrown:

http://www.bteventures.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/BunnyFlower.jpg.w180h170.jpg?

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-11, 12:11 AM
Then I have a crush on YOU. Do with that what you will. :smalltongue:

I shall wear Haruki's crush like a hat.

Trog
2011-02-11, 12:11 AM
*Rabbitcrushibbity* <3

druid91
2011-02-11, 12:12 AM
Aw :smallfrown:

http://www.bteventures.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/BunnyFlower.jpg.w180h170.jpg?

GAH! IT'S THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS! .... GET IT! *grabs sword and begins chasing the rabbit like an idiot*

Sorry monty python has memetically mutated in my head.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:12 AM
First secret crush! How exciting! :smallbiggrin:

Vael

Trog

Indurain

Lex-Kat

Mordokai

Reinholdt
2011-02-11, 12:14 AM
... I want to start guessing who the mystery crushes are, but we probably shouldn't because of the whole point of being a mystery, huh? :smalltongue:

arguskos
2011-02-11, 12:15 AM
Oh hey, that's another one I just remembered (thanks Mystery Person!). Vael is totally awesome, especially those avatars, which are just beautiful. :smalleek: My god, I've dreamed of having an avatar that glamorous (not like what I've got isn't excellent, but for some reason, I've always loved Vael's work).

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:18 AM
Oh yeah, I still think The Playgrounder Formerly Known as Flutters With Pigeons it totally ossum and I'm sad we hardly talk anymore :smallfrown:
And also I think Albis is totes hawt - as a he or a she.

Innis Cabal
2011-02-11, 12:23 AM
I have a crush on the last two posters, both in non-romantic ways.

Xefas
2011-02-11, 12:29 AM
Is it kosher to have a crush on the OP? 'cause, I mean, snakes are like my second favorite animal ever. And I won't say the first part of this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9396005&postcount=50) isn't a contributing factor.

Complimenting the ol' titan goes a long way to earning my infatuation.

EDIT: Also, holy crap, did arguskos get an art upgrade? :smalleek:

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:37 AM
I have a crush on the last two posters, both in non-romantic ways....is an antagonistic crush a thing?
Is it kosher to have a crush on the OP?'nawww :smallbiggrin:

And I won't say the first part of this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9396005&postcount=50) isn't a contributing factor....that post? Really? Heh. Nice :smalltongue:
EDIT: Also, holy crap, did arguskos get an art upgrade? :smalleek:Ta :smallamused:

Innis Cabal
2011-02-11, 12:39 AM
...is an antagonistic crush a thing?

Ya, in the way boys pull girls hair on the playground. Except nothing like that.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:42 AM
Heh. I can live with that. Fine line between love and hate and all that jazz :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2011-02-11, 12:45 AM
EDIT: Also, holy crap, did arguskos get an art upgrade? :smalleek:
Nope. It's from last year, actually. Methos was kind enough to change the lovely Grazz't/Iggwilv avatar I typically wear to this, more appropriate, one. Remember what avatar week is coming up. :smallwink:

Also, Innis! Bromance. You. Me. Gogogo. :smallamused: Dammit, there's too many people on the Playground! I can't keep track of everyone!

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-11, 12:45 AM
... I want to start guessing who the mystery crushes are, but we probably shouldn't because of the whole point of being a mystery, huh? :smalltongue:

I'm almost certain I know who it is.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:50 AM
Nope. It's from last year, actually. Methos was kind enough to change the lovely Grazz't/Iggwilv avatar I typically wear to this, more appropriate, one. Remember what avatar week is coming up. :smallwink:Uuuuuh... No? :smallconfused: :smallfrown:

arguskos
2011-02-11, 12:56 AM
Uuuuuh... No? :smallconfused: :smallfrown:
...Gender Bender Week (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185302) is the 13th to the 19th. Thus, the gender bent avatar.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 12:58 AM
Oooooh! I get it. I thought you were misattributing your avatar. I had to look closely to make out the sex swap. Did he trace it or what?

arguskos
2011-02-11, 01:00 AM
Oooooh! I get it. I had to look closely to make out the sex swap. Did he trace it or what?
I have no idea. You're better off asking him, though I haven't seen him around recently. The avatar was made from your original, I know that much (cause he said he used it), but beyond that, I'm clueless, sorry.

Also, this is crazy off-topic. So! Uh! Crushes, uh, um... ah yes! I have another one! Keld Denar, cause his taste in ice cream is impeccable. And cause he's awesome, there's that too. I really need to hit up Seattle sooner than later, so I can be all "Keld!" and he'll be all "...who the hell are you?" and we'll all have a good laugh. :smallcool:

EDIT: You know I always credit properly, Serps. I even have notes on each of them on my photobucket, to be certain I don't forget. Gotta give props where props are due. :smallcool:

ZombyWoof
2011-02-11, 01:11 AM
I have a crush on Syka, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
And because of it, I cheer every time her and her bf overcome an obstacle.

Jarian
2011-02-11, 01:11 AM
Let's see.

That damn irresistible accent gets me every time, so Malfunctioned gets the top spot. Curse you, Britain! Your accent is so unfair!

Coidzor is pretty much completely awesome, from what I've seen.

I think I saw a picture of Jack Squat once, and oh. :smallredface:

Zaydos
2011-02-11, 01:17 AM
Well let's see...

I really respect the OP, I don't always agree with her opinions (no I don't keep track of when I don't) but even when I disagree I find that I must respect the opinion because it is always well thought out. That and she's one of the people that can show they know more about mythology than I do.

Also firemagehao, LOTRfan, Flabort (excuse me if I mis-capitalized), and Silverscale for their support when I'm making dragons. It does mean more to me than I've ever admitted.

Edit: Just realized that the wording of the first part was a little confusing. I do not intend that I often find the OP's opinions disagreeable, but that in the relatively rare occasion I do I still find her arguments compelling.

Skeppio
2011-02-11, 02:22 AM
Savannah. :smallredface:

Lady Moreta
2011-02-11, 02:29 AM
*snip*

You. 'Cause you're cute :smalltongue::smallsmile:

Skeppio
2011-02-11, 02:36 AM
You. 'Cause you're cute :smalltongue::smallsmile:

Aw thanks. Best forum sister ever! :smallredface::smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2011-02-11, 03:15 AM
You know, I'm pretty sure I'd have some really legitimate crushes on some of you wonderful folks if I met you, but I must say I feel I don't know any of you well enough to fall in love just yet. :smallwink:

rayne_dragon
2011-02-11, 05:24 AM
I'm so embaressed to be posting here :smallredface:

Harnel - he's so cutesy with all that SMBG stuff that it actually makes me feel like someone could actually like me at a time in my life when I haven't been feeling that way much. I really appreciate that and think he's a sweetheart because of it.

Although the "Cute butt" comment was a bit much. :smallyuk:

Other than that, I'd just like to express my affection for the playground in general. Everyone here is so awesome that it's hard not to admire each person at least a little, often in a kind of vaguely familial way. In some ways it reminds me a little of a big family reunion where half the fun is figuring out how you're related to each other. Or if, since so many people brought friends along.... :smallsmile:

EDIT: Wrong Tags! Wrong Tags! Spoiler, not Quote! :smalleek::smalleek::smallredface:

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 05:32 AM
Not his fault you have a cute butt :smallwink: :smalltongue:

rayne_dragon
2011-02-11, 05:42 AM
I would really like to be mad at you for that comment, but that's actually kinda funny. Especially comming from you, since I wouldn't have expected it.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 05:44 AM
Well, we do have rather similar rear ends :smalltongue:

rayne_dragon
2011-02-11, 05:46 AM
Well... yours is longer. :smallamused:

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 06:03 AM
Damn straight :smallwink:

Soooo... Any more crushes? Just a few days 'til Hallmark Day!

Sholos
2011-02-11, 08:45 AM
No crushes here in the Playground, and no really active crushes IRL, either (though there is that one that persists in cropping up every now and then).

MountainKing
2011-02-11, 10:10 AM
MountainKing: We have a bromance, and you damn well know it. :smallamused:

I love the fact that I'm the first one you listed. Remember, it's guy love. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZaJZgghVLI) :smallwink:

Coidzor is pretty much completely awesome, from what I've seen.

I've met him. He's magnificent. :smallcool:

Thufir
2011-02-11, 10:10 AM

Really.

Really? 'Cause I remember you used to have a big list, with categories and stuff for different kinds of crushes. And Trog. Trog defied categorisation as I recall.

Curse you, Britain! Your accent is so unfair!

Truly, we are the greatest nation.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-11, 10:23 AM
You know, I'm pretty sure I'd have some really legitimate crushes on some of you wonderful folks if I met you, but I must say I feel I don't know any of you well enough to fall in love just yet. :smallwink:

I think there's a huge stretch from "I have a crush on" to "I'm in love with", dude. :smalltongue:

Trog
2011-02-11, 10:27 AM
Really? 'Cause I remember you used to have a big list, with categories and stuff for different kinds of crushes. And Trog. Trog defied categorisation as I recall.
>> I always figured it was because I was just too odd to fit in anywhere else.

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-11, 10:59 AM
Man, I missed the Crush thread.

I have a crush on everyone that has ever shown the slightest attention to me. I am an attention whore, and I like big butts and I cannot lie.

But mostly, I have a crush on Serpentine, and am plotting to ruin her life so thoroughly that she will have no choice but to fall into my comforting arms. :smalltongue:

((You will be mine.))

Man, I sound really petty.

druid91
2011-02-11, 11:04 AM
Curse you, Britain! Your accent is so unfair!

Truly, we are the greatest nation.

Eh, I've always like Scottish accents myself.

Though, considering I grew up going to the local Celtic festival, listening to bag-pipe music... Etc.. It may be an acquired preference.

Thufir
2011-02-11, 11:26 AM
Eh, I've always like Scottish accents myself.

Though, considering I grew up going to the local Celtic festival, listening to bag-pipe music... Etc.. It may be an acquired preference.

Well, Scottish does fall into the category of British.
Personally, I do prefer English accents (Of course, I may be failing my save against bias), but I can also understand the appeal that an accent can sometimes have.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-11, 11:46 AM

Yeaaah, things have changed a bit in the past year and a half since the last thread :smalltongue:

But here's a list of my favorite Playgrounders aside from Trog.
Just cause.
You may call them "friend crushes", if you'd like :smalltongue:
In no particular order:
Reinholdt (MAH BEST FRIEND <3)
Uncle Ghost (Ghost Warlock, weee)
Raistlin
Vespe
Nameless
Malfunctioned
Introbulus
Philistine
Curly
Thufir
Haruki
Mordokai
Lex-Kat
Cristo, Lady Meyers
Smee
PhoeKun
SweetRein
Mangosta
Hippie, Faerie
Llama
Zeb, Alarra
Krade
Coidzor
Skippy
Lioness
Perenelle

I don't THINK I've missed anyone? I might have.
Essentially, anyone from the JC meetups gets insta-added, sooo, if I missed any of you, just assume you're there anyways.

Icewalker
2011-02-11, 12:12 PM
I think there's a huge stretch from "I have a crush on" to "I'm in love with", dude. :smalltongue:

Perhaps I crush more seriously than most. :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2011-02-11, 12:27 PM

Me I listed the ones that, off the top of my head, I really respected or who have really encouraged me even if they don't know it.

Castaras
2011-02-11, 01:05 PM
Good grief, I feel old... I remember the first one... :smalltongue:
I also remember the one that was one of the factors to starting my first and only relationship three and a bit years ago...
I don't really crush on people much. DD is pretty damn awesome. As is Thufir. And Curly. And Jibbers. And Randman. And... wait. Pretty much anybody that went to UKitp once or twice.

But then there's Bushranger. And The Rose Dragon (still think of you as Khan... :smallwink:). And all the old AMENites. And all the old (old) townies. And...

Screw it. I have a crush on the Playground as a whole. :smallbiggrin: *hugs the lot of you*

Sipex
2011-02-11, 02:24 PM
I don't have any crushes here, I'm not well ingraned enough into the forum.

I have had crushes in other communities though.

Xefas
2011-02-11, 05:21 PM
Screw it. I have a crush on the Playground as a whole. :smallbiggrin: *hugs the lot of you*

Yes! Reciprocation!

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/powerhug.png

Fredaintdead
2011-02-11, 05:24 PM
Yes! Reciprocation!

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/powerhug.png

Same. The playground is an awesome place with awesome people. Therefore Awesome = Hugs.

Trog
2011-02-11, 06:33 PM
"Friend Crushes."

These people are on this list just because, at one point or another either in person or online something just clicked with them in one form or another that made me look on them kindly and with a smile. :smallsmile:

There's all sorts of people whom I've talked with and whom I've met and are awesome and all but that maybe there wasn't enough quality non-roleplaying/banter time spent to make that friendship "click" happen just yet.

Andre & Emerald Rose
Angelsword
ArchivesNinja
Ceika & Tantolian
Ego
ElJ & Mrs. ElJ
Frojoe
Hippie & Mountain Faerie
Introbulus
Krade
Llama
PenguinSushi & Bardic Bunny
Philistine
PxP & Midnight Son
Smee
SweetLikeLemons
SweetRein & PhoeKun
Tribble
Wxdruid & Catlover
Zeb & Alarra

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Halae
2011-02-11, 06:48 PM
Evidently, what I feel is returned

Take a wild guess who :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-11, 06:52 PM
Good grief, I feel old... I remember the first one... :smalltongue:

I don't really crush on people much. DD is pretty damn awesome.

Same, and woot woot, I got mentioned first! :smallbiggrin:

Well Cassie, Jae, Em, Gem*, Cissy, Rabbit. Those deserve special mentions :smalltongue:
Also everybody I've met at the Dutch & English meet-ups, you're all friggen awesome!

And my man crash on Trog. :O
And special mentions to Hippie & Faerie, for being durn awesome!

It's late at night, so I apologise if I forgot anybody!!! I love y'all and you know that! Yes, even you :smalltongue:

*my lil sis!

Blue Ghost
2011-02-11, 07:01 PM
After my crush on Je dit Viola developed into an all-consuming obsession, I don't know if I can ever truly crush on anyone again...
Lix and Tialait are pretty cool. Probably the closest I have to a crush at the moment. Still haven't given up on Viola though, as my sig-quote shows.

Lady Moreta
2011-02-11, 08:38 PM
I have a crush on Peregrine - for being daft enough to think marrying me was a good idea :smallbiggrin: I loves him.

And big sisterly crushes on all my liddle brothers:
Amiel
Naoto
Skeppio
King of Laugher
Blue Ghost

And purely platonic 'cause you're awesome' crushes for
MonkeyBusiness - because you know, she's awesome
& Savannah - because she puts up with my weird and keeps me company at work :smallsmile: you too are awesome :smallsmile:

rayne_dragon
2011-02-11, 08:57 PM
Evidently, what I feel is returned

Take a wild guess who :smallsmile:

Jack Layton? :smallconfused:

Thufir
2011-02-11, 09:13 PM

Alternatively, you use a different definition of 'crush' than those who post in this thread. I had the same problem for quite a while when I first joined the forums, in that I attached more significance to saying I had a crush, so I didn't really want to say anything, until after a while I started looking at it a bit differently.

Skeppio
2011-02-11, 09:17 PM
Alternatively, you use a different definition of 'crush' than those who post in this thread. I had the same problem for quite a while when I first joined the forums, in that I attached more significance to saying I had a crush, so I didn't really want to say anything, until after a while I started looking at it a bit differently.

Same here. I tend to attach significance to things like that. Hence why my first post only had one name listed (Savannah). :smallbiggrin:

Now people I admire, but not so much crush (in no particular order):
Lady Moreta (Big sis gets to be at the top of the list :smalltongue:)
Serpentine
MonkeyBusiness
Haruki-kun
Naoto Shirogane
SMEE
Amiel
KingofLaughter
arguskos

Blue Ghost
2011-02-11, 09:20 PM
Ah yes, the admire list.

Lady Moreta (very top. I love you, sis!)
MonkeyBusiness
Lady Tialait
Saint Nil
Amiria
Raz_Fox

And then there's the friends list, which is too long to post.

Partof1
2011-02-11, 09:38 PM
I feel conspicuously absent from here, though it's understandable. I need to post more.

Mystic Muse
2011-02-11, 09:52 PM
I feel conspicuously absent from here, though it's understandable. I need to post more.

I don't think that's it. I have a ton of posts and I don't see myself mentioned on here.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-11, 09:53 PM
I don't think that's it. I have a ton of posts and I don't see myself mentioned on here.

I think I may have a proto-crush on you.

Lady Moreta
2011-02-11, 09:56 PM
Same here. I tend to attach significance to things like that. Hence why my first post only had one name listed (Savannah). :smallbiggrin:

I tend to define 'crush' in the same way - at least, I did before I got married. Now I probably don't define it quite the same way... though I have occassionally told Peregrine I have a crush on him, I'm joking.

Ah yes, the admire list.

Lady Moreta (very top. I love you, sis!)

Awwww... love you too :smallsmile::smallredface:

Wait... you had the OotS-style bards can be awesome too avatar didn't you? I'm sure it was you... I love you for having that avatar :smallbiggrin:

Edit: can't believe I forgot Lord Gareth! can't forget the man who proposed to me online can I? :smallbiggrin::smallwink::smalltongue:

Halae
2011-02-11, 10:01 PM

See, the thing is Lix, you are a force of nature, like a nymph. many of us feel more like you are a being beyond our reach rather than a creature we can get close to :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2011-02-11, 10:01 PM

Meh. I don't think I've ever been mentioned as an actual crush. Though I have received a few mentions to the tune of "This guy is awesome," so I'm too hard done by.

Edit: @^: See, the thing is... that's not Lix.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-11, 10:05 PM
Edit: @^: See, the thing is... that's not Lix.

Gender bender week + early switching + valentine's day + crush thread = mass confusion

I kind of like it, other than not recognizing my own posts.

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 10:33 PM
But mostly, I have a crush on Serpentine, and am plotting to ruin her life so thoroughly that she will have no choice but to fall into my comforting arms. :smalltongue:

((You will be mine.))There's an xkcd for that :smallwink: (http://xkcd.com/513/)

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-11, 10:38 PM
Ahhhh!
I can't believe I forgot DD and my son Fred and Cataras and Monkey Business, too!
I love these people also <3

Force
2011-02-11, 10:59 PM
My dearest lady Serpentine, I must needs confess this pining that I doth possess for thee, and have since I first setteh foot upon this forum. Alas, we do not live in the same city, or I wouldst screw up my courage and come too thine dwelling late on a dark night, when none (including thee) art present at thine home, place a single beauteous red rose (but a shadow beside thee) before your door, ringeth thine doorbell, and then runneth screaming through the streets until I am far far away.

Yours most platonically,

Sir Forceth, Esq.

:smalleek: It appears that this thread has added far too much embellishment to my already loquacious posting habits.

Admiral Squish
2011-02-11, 11:21 PM
*looks over all the lists*
:smallfrown:
*mopes about the forum*

Serpentine
2011-02-11, 11:26 PM
Sweeeeeeet :biggrin:

But I don't have a doorbell :smallfrown:

Force
2011-02-11, 11:31 PM
Knights in shining armor like thine most faithful servant doth possesseth plenty of pounding implements with which to pound out the dents in said armor. I shalt use an arming hammer to knock with.

Oh, wait, what takes dents out of a helm can put dents in a door. That'd break the romantic mood. :smallredface:

ArlEammon
2011-02-11, 11:32 PM
Is it my imgagination or does Collin Morgan look absolutely fascinating?

SaintRidley
2011-02-12, 12:03 AM
CurlyKittyGirl, mid Englisc þīn min heortan biþ.

For the rest of you:

Curly, with English my heart is yours.

You're my Old English buddy and I love having you to talk to!

Lioness
2011-02-12, 12:16 AM
Hmmm...

CurlyKitGirl is awesome...as are Serps, DragonRider, Cycoris, Skeppio, and Lady Mor.

Xefas
2011-02-12, 12:55 AM
Pfft, don't listen to these other guys, Serp.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/zukoheart.png

(You give me very romantic indigestion, is what I'm trying to say.)

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-12, 01:20 AM
Ooo, a Serp-Showdown.
Haven't seen one of these in a while. :smallwink:

Serpentine
2011-02-12, 01:32 AM
Ha!
So far I've got platonic poetry and indigestion. Got a ways to go before I have to start another Contest for my Heart :smallwink:
...Still have that award lying around, though.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-12, 01:51 AM
speaking of crushes....

*holds up mirror*

Reinholdt
2011-02-12, 01:54 AM
speaking of crushes....

*holds up mirror*

*sparkles*

I totally crush on Rabbit and some other people too. Yep.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-12, 01:57 AM
Best friends FOEVA <3

darbythegambler
2011-02-12, 02:06 AM
given my relative new status here... I kind of don't know anyone to have a crush on... oh well, best wishes for all the real lovebirds out there :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-12, 04:28 AM
There's an xkcd for that :smallwink: (http://xkcd.com/513/)

Nah. I'm far more proactive than that guy.

Also, I can't believe I forgot MonkeyBusiness and Lady Moreta! Thank you gals for putting up with my bi-weekly Depression Thread shenanigans (which you can expect another of today).

Felixaar
2011-02-12, 04:44 AM
Wow, the Crush Thread. This takes me back.

I have a crush on... hrrm... the Universal Set.

Dispozition
2011-02-12, 04:56 AM
No proper crushes, but I'd never tell any of you about them anyway (:

As for people who are awesome and I have had a crush on in the past (no really! maybe :D ): Serpentine, Ego Slayer, and Vorpal Tribble (he's just that gosh darn awesome).

ghost_warlock
2011-02-12, 05:03 AM
Suppose I'll get in on this, too, in an abbreviated form.

Family Crush:
My niece, Rabbit.

Cute Crushes:
Ego
Reinholdt

Sagacious Crushes:
Pyrian
Serpentine

Lady Moreta
2011-02-12, 06:35 AM
Also, I can't believe I forgot MonkeyBusiness and Lady Moreta! Thank you gals for putting up with my bi-weekly Depression Thread shenanigans (which you can expect another of today).

Whenever you're ready :smallsmile:

Can I have a writer's crush on everyone from this thread? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166503) apart from myself of course...

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-12, 08:42 PM

Well that's OK, I have a daaaamn lot of posts here and I've been mentioned only by a person I've met IRL at a meet-up(Cassssssieeee! <3) and now Rabbit (omnomnom)

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-12, 08:56 PM
Oh my, this brings back a lot of memories.

@SaintRidley and Cassie and Rabbit and DD and Lioness and Thufir and probably a few other people I forgot:
D'aaawwww, you're all so sweet. :smallsmile:

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm probably going to say this again SaintRidley, but congratulations on getting engaged!

Myself?

Um. Lots.

All of my large Playground family for starters, a few on ex-Playgrounders, a few long standers, a few new ones, I even have snark and academia-related crushes. And pretty much anyone who was a semi-regular in the Shipping threads. And a few more besides.

In no order or classification whatsoever:
Serpy
Rabbit
ruki-chan
SansNom (Nameless) although he's waaaay to pretty for it to be anything more than worship from afar :smalltongue:
Phoe-sama
Helgraf
DeeRee
Cassie
Cyssy
Skippy
Thufir
Bath
Fred (fifty-eyed)
Trazoi
The Rose Dragon (I still think of you as Khan)
Lady Moreta
SaintRidley
Fawkes
Maggy (so woobielicious)
Vespe
Glass Mouse
DD
Malfunctioned
Albis
Ku
Bor (he's the perfect big brother/uncle/father figure)
Perry
Gwyn
Phase
Ego
Trog
Reinholdt
Interrobbybobbobbob
. . .
Can I just say pretty much anyone with whom I've had a fair few conversations with over the past three or so years, and most people in general?

Also, what does it say that I recognise the name of every single person who has: a) been mentioned as a crush and can think of various reasons why said person is crushable and
b) can do the same for virtually every poster in this thread?

blackfox
2011-02-12, 08:59 PM
Oh god it's a this thread again. :smalleek:

Now Imma have to make a list, and put in the effort to think up names, and ah screw it Albis & WarKitty are totally hot. <.<

Perenelle
2011-02-12, 09:37 PM
Ah, the crush thread is back. :smallamused:

Lets see here... I wouldn't necessarily call them all crush crushes, but they're all people who are wonderful and overflowing with amazingness. <3

In no particular order:

Eruantion
Cobra
Dragonprime
Rabbit
Gwyn
Introbulus
CurlyKitGirl
Cycoris
Serpentine
CynicalAvocado
Nameless
Loopy
Syka
Lioness
The Vorpal Tribble
RPGsr4me
Sneak
Dr. Bath
V'icternus

I think I got everyone... hopefully..

Partof1
2011-02-12, 09:41 PM
Wait... you had the OotS-style bards can be awesome too avatar didn't you? I'm sure it was you... I love you for having that avatar :smallbiggrin:

I think you have the wrong guy. But anyway:

*CRUSH SNAG*

Muahaha.

ZombyWoof
2011-02-12, 11:23 PM
There's one I remembered that I forgot, and I'm not sure if she posts here often anymore, but Strawberry. The fact that she constantly casts "Summon Strawberry" makes me smile.

As does the parasol.

As does the fact that WIZARD!!!

While it's not exactly a Crush, I also have to say that Serpentine is the greatest pole-dancer ever (yes, I am referring to that awesome avatar).

In the same vein, I'm really not sure how I feel about Coidzor... I think I like him but it's confusing.

Em Blackleaf
2011-02-12, 11:37 PM
Oh, this thread again! I was wondering where it went.

Well, I've got to say, my biggest crush would be my boyfriend (but that's a given). :P

But I do have friend/admiration crushes (and I'm not telling you which is which >:] But you probably know which one you are).

In no particular order:
A Rainy Knight
Dallas-Dakota
Sneak
Blue Ghost

Wow that is not a long list and does not necessarily deserve a spoiler. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. There's probably more, but I don't think I can list the whole Playground. :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2011-02-12, 11:52 PM
Oh, this thread again! I was wondering where it went.

Well, I've got to say, my biggest crush would be my boyfriend (but that's a given). :P

But I do have friend/admiration crushes (and I'm not telling you which is which >:] But you probably know which one you are).

In no particular order:
A Rainy Knight
Dallas-Dakota
Sneak
Blue Ghost

Wow that is not a long list and does not necessarily deserve a spoiler. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. There's probably more, but I don't think I can list the whole Playground. :smalltongue:

I got a crush? From Em?
I had completely forgotten about you too. :smallredface:
I'll be adding you to my crush list, once I actually have one.

Lady Moreta
2011-02-13, 12:58 AM
Also, what does it say that I recognise the name of every single person who has: a) been mentioned as a crush and can think of various reasons why said person is crushable and
b) can do the same for virtually every poster in this thread?

It says that every one of us is an awesome person. And we all love each other. On some level. Some more than others :smalltongue:

I think you have the wrong guy. But anyway:

*CRUSH SNAG*

Muahaha.

I can live with that :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2011-02-13, 01:43 AM
>>
<<
*gives Ghost and CKG small non-existent hugs that he totally denies*
*finds CKG a lot less icky and rotted than Ghost*
:smallyuk: :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2011-02-13, 02:01 AM
Heh. Funny thing is, I do believe that I have had a significant culling since the last incarnation of this thread...

Edit: Wow. I'm just in a funky bad mood tonight. :smalleek:

xPANCAKEx
2011-02-13, 02:45 AM
loopy

that is all

Coidzor
2011-02-13, 02:48 AM
loopy

that is all

Everyone loves loopy. It's true.

loopy
2011-02-13, 02:55 AM
Everyone loves loopy. It's true.

Damn straight! :smallbiggrin:

(Also, sigged)

Anuan
2011-02-13, 10:16 AM
Ohgodsomany.

I want to give giant cuddles and watch silly movies with Albis, Mauve Shirt, Rabbit, Lioness, cycoris (who can actually be ticked off this list cause I've cuddled her while watching silly movies)...Blackfox is awesome too (And also has been hugged. In cloaks!). Alarra rocks socks. Perenelle and Em are awesomesauce as well. Lady Moreta is sweet and I want to give her a cake.

There's a few on there I'd even possibly consider romance with, but who and why are secret :smalltongue:

randman22222, Zeb, Dis, Felix and Trog all get bro-hugs for being total bros.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-13, 11:31 AM
:: hughughug Anuan::

I miss our (for me) super late night talks!
They were fun!

Mordokai
2011-02-13, 11:43 AM
I shall wear Haruki's crush like a hat.

You will crush Ruki and wear him as a hat?

I approve.

Skeppio
2011-02-13, 11:52 AM
You will crush Ruki and wear him as a hat?

I approve.

Hey! No-one's gonna be crushing Haruki on my watch. :smallmad:

Mordokai
2011-02-13, 11:56 AM
Hey! No-one's gonna be crushing Haruki on my watch. :smallmad:

Wearing him as a hat is still permissible though, right?

Skeppio
2011-02-13, 12:03 PM
Wearing him as a hat is still permissible though, right?

Sure, whatever. Just don't blame me if he moves around a lot. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2011-02-13, 12:06 PM
Nobody said anything about horse tranquilizers...

*injects Ruki with sedatives, stucks him on head and parades around, whirling mustache*

Thufir
2011-02-13, 12:14 PM
@SaintRidley and Cassie and Rabbit and DD and Lioness and Thufir and probably a few other people I forgot:
D'aaawwww, you're all so sweet. :smallsmile:

But but but I didn't even say I had a crush on you!
Yet.
I mean, it is true, as is likely obvious.
I guess it went without saying.
<3

Zaydos
2011-02-13, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah I wanted to add a (purely platonic like all my previous ones) one on Debihuman because she's always good for some good PEACHing.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-13, 01:42 PM
Nobody said anything about horse tranquilizers...

*injects Ruki with sedatives, stucks him on head and parades around, whirling mustache*

I don't know whether I should be flattered or scared. :smalleek:

Tiger Duck
2011-02-13, 01:51 PM
I would be scared.

And I'm too Crushing a bundle of Playgrounders.
Curly, Eadin, Mordokai, Lioness, loopy, Em Blackleaf, nameless, Felixaar, Naoto Shirogane, Serp and probably many more. :smallredface:

Castaras
2011-02-13, 04:52 PM
@Curly and Thufir: I don't believe I've told you this, but you two are sickeningly adorable. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-13, 05:55 PM
Seconded!

Also, OMG, how did I forget about Mocah! Err, I mean Moon Called >.>
You mah lil sis!

ZombyWoof
2011-02-13, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah Eadin.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-13, 06:30 PM
But but but I didn't even say I had a crush on you!
Yet.
I mean, it is true, as is likely obvious.
I guess it went without saying.
<3

Iiiiiiiddy biddy bit.

@Curly and Thufir: I don't believe I've told you this, but you two are sickeningly adorable. :smallbiggrin:

Seconded!

:kittencatcaughtinheadights:
What did we do?
Nobody's ever said anything like that about me except in a sarcastic or ironic way.
:smallredface:
*flees!*

Dvil
2011-02-13, 06:48 PM
Off the top of my head:

CurlyKitGirl
Lix Lorn
Serpentine
Syka

I can't remember exactly why, but you are the four that I instantly respect and admire whenever I see your posts. Basically, you four have been so consistently awesome during my time here that you have a special place in my mind forever.

Mountain King too, but I only ever see you in the RWA thread, so I've no idea how cool you are elsewhere. You'd be in the list too though, if I felt more comfortable admitting to crushing on a dude.

Nano
2011-02-13, 07:52 PM
I'm in the market for a new crush! Interested applicants, I direct you to my PM box.

:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2011-02-13, 08:31 PM

Indeed, they are quite sickeningly adorable. <_< >_> *totally ships them*

Lady Moreta
2011-02-13, 08:48 PM
Lady Moreta is sweet and I want to give her a cake.

I approve of this :smallbiggrin: I shall accept said cake. I will also accept cookies, stuffed toys and hugs.

Skeppio
2011-02-13, 08:48 PM
I approve of this :smallbiggrin: I shall accept said cake. I will also accept cookies, stuffed toys and hugs.

Awesome. I'll provide the *huuuuuugs* :smallbiggrin:

Anuan
2011-02-13, 09:45 PM
Yay, approval.

Koorli gets a special mention and place in my heart for love of language and literature.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-13, 09:51 PM

No fair! I wanted to provide the hugs!
Ah well, I shall produce a batch of prismatic cookies, baked with love, exalted magic, and the essences of the best of the Playground.

ZombyWoof
2011-02-13, 10:07 PM
I'm in the market for a new crush! Interested applicants, I direct you to my PM box.
Well I'm not sure about "crush" but I can offer a large squeeze...

Lady Moreta
2011-02-13, 10:18 PM

No fair! I wanted to provide the hugs!
Ah well, I shall produce a batch of prismatic cookies, baked with love, exalted magic, and the essences of the best of the Playground.

I'm open to more than one set of hugs you know :smalltongue:

Alternatively... *GROUP HUG* :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

John Cribati
2011-02-13, 10:20 PM
Am I the only one who searched this thread for his/her username?

Anyway, I guess I have a teeny crush on CoffeeIncluded. She's probably too young for me, though.

Zaydos
2011-02-13, 10:39 PM
No. Although honestly I didn't expect to find myself on it.

CynicalAvocado
2011-02-13, 10:41 PM

Anyway, I guess I have a teeny crush on CoffeeIncluded. She's probably too young for me, though.

me too. but not because i'm a narcissist. because i'm not.

*puts away mirror*

baut anywho i'm too timid to put all my crushes in writing, but i do have a totally heterosexual man crush on loopy, mal, and nameless

arguskos
2011-02-13, 10:47 PM
No. No you're not. :smallwink:

These threads, even when one doesn't find their name, still make people feel good, so I think it's all good. ^_^

Halae
2011-02-13, 10:50 PM
No. No you're not. :smallwink:

These threads, even when one doesn't find their name, still make people feel good, so I think it's all good. ^_^

Definitely

On both accounts

Jarian
2011-02-14, 12:37 AM
To everyone that didn't get a specific mention here. (http://www1.msn.americangreetings.com/ecards/display.pd?prodnum=3276760&Ne=375019&N=374667+374226+374012&msne110&gt1=30000)

loopy
2011-02-14, 01:15 AM
me too. but not because i'm a narcissist. because i'm not.

*puts away mirror*

baut anywho i'm too timid to put all my crushes in writing, but i do have a totally heterosexual man crush on loopy, mal, and nameless

Haha, thanks CynicalAvacado, love you too man. :D

Also, *highfive* for Captain Happy!

I'm going to give a brotherly mention to Perenelle, my little-sister-type-person.

Sneak
2011-02-14, 01:21 AM
In no particular order:
Sneak

In no particular order:
Sneak

Hey, pretty girls like me! Who'da thunk it?

Someone should probably tell the rest of the world. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I'm too self-conscious and aloof and adjectives to divulge my super secret list of crushasauruses, which are like crushes but are also dinosaurs.

But happy Valentine's Day everyone! May Cupid's arrow strike you but also avoid any vital organs so as not to cause unwanted death syndrome!

Form
2011-02-14, 05:20 AM

I'm slightly embarassed to admit it, but you're not the only one, no. :smalltongue:

loopy
2011-02-14, 05:24 AM
I searched the thread twice for my name. Once with Ctrl+F, and then a second time when I realised that anything under spoiler tags wouldn't be revealed by Ctrl+F. :smallredface:

Serpentine
2011-02-14, 05:26 AM
Oh come on Loopy, you know everyone crushes on you - especially the straight guys and gay girls :smallwink:

loopy
2011-02-14, 05:40 AM
Oh come on Loopy, you know everyone crushes on you - especially the straight guys and gay girls :smallwink:

Yeah, but my ego requires confirmation regardless. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-14, 07:50 AM
Bro-crush, Loopeh, bro-crush. You're mah bro-crush.

xPANCAKEx
2011-02-14, 07:51 AM
Yeah, but my ego requires confirmation regardless. :smallbiggrin:

is our man marraige not enough for you?

Coidzor
2011-02-14, 08:04 AM
Loops for the Loop Throne! Cakes for the Cake God!

Raz_Fox
2011-02-14, 09:33 AM
I have a purely platonic crush on Kasanip. So cute, and adorable, and such a writer, and an amazing artist to boot! Kasanip is wonderful! :smallbiggrin: I am also under obligation to mention Lix Lorn. Because seriously, that girl is hot.

Em Blackleaf
2011-02-14, 01:28 PM
Oh hey! It's valumtimes day! I'm too sick to go to school, so I guess I have to spread my love to the forum, where I won't be also spreading my illness. :smalltongue:

I got a crush? From Em?
I had completely forgotten about you too. :smallredface:
I'll be adding you to my crush list, once I actually have one.

Curly, Eadin, Mordokai, Lioness, loopy, Em Blackleaf, nameless, Felixaar, Naoto Shirogane, Serp and probably many more. :smallredface:
Ohmygoodnesscrushes.
I'm honored to be on the same list as those really awesome people.
And to be on a hypothetical crush list too. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I'm too self-conscious and aloof and adjectives to divulge my super secret list of crushasauruses, which are like crushes but are also dinosaurs.
You're too adjectives to divulge your dinosaur crushes?

C'mon, man. It's really easy. Look: I'm in love with Plesiosaurs.

cycoris
2011-02-14, 05:54 PM
I checked the forums on a crazy wild urge, and suddenly got sucked in! :smalleek:

I'm amazed and incredibly flattered to be on some lists. Thanks! :smallredface:

Now, in no particular order, including platonic and not...

Playgrounders
Cobra_Ikari
Derjuin
Lioness
Recaiden
Introbulos
Jacklu
CurlyKitGirl
Perenelle
blackfox
Thufir
Lix Lorn
SMEE
Drider
arguskos

Fictional Characters
Willow Rosenberg
Daniel Osbourne
Tara Maclay
Richard Merrill (Mairelon)
George Weasley
Hermione Granger
Remus Lupin
Codex (Cyd Sherman)
Angela Hodgins
Alexis Castle

Famous People &c.
Cat Stevens at 23
Felicia Day
John Green
Cory Doctorow
Jen McCreight

Hem hem. Move along, nothing to see! :smalltongue:

arguskos
2011-02-14, 06:00 PM
I checked the forums on a crazy wild urge, and suddenly got sucked in! :smalleek:
These forums do that to a person. I wish they didn't, since they've killed so much of my productivity. :smallsigh:

Coidzor
2011-02-14, 06:07 PM

:smalltongue: Just the natural order, is all. You've been away too long, managed to get yourselves missed.

ZombyWoof
2011-02-14, 06:14 PM
You're too adjectives to divulge your dinosaur crushes?

C'mon, man. It's really easy. Look: I'm in love with Plesiosaurs.
Just for that you've earned my crush.

Blue Ghost
2011-02-14, 07:01 PM
Oh, I just remembered. There is indeed one person other than Viola whom I have a true crush on. Cryssandra. She's a delightful SMBG partner, a fellow blue wizard (good-aligned too!), and cute. My perfect Playground Prom date. Too bad she hasn't shown up recently... :smallfrown:

Perenelle
2011-02-14, 09:06 PM

I'm amazed and incredibly flattered to be on some lists. Thanks! :smallredface:

Now, in no particular order, including platonic and not...

Playgrounders
Cobra_Ikari
Derjuin
Lioness
Recaiden
Introbulos
Jacklu
CurlyKitGirl
Perenelle
blackfox
Thufir
Lix Lorn
SMEE
Drider
arguskos

Fictional Characters
Willow Rosenberg
Daniel Osbourne
Tara Maclay
Richard Merrill (Mairelon)
George Weasley
Hermione Granger
Remus Lupin
Codex (Cyd Sherman)
Angela Hodgins
Alexis Castle

Famous People &c.
Cat Stevens at 23
Felicia Day
John Green
Cory Doctorow
Jen McCreight

Hem hem. Move along, nothing to see! :smalltongue:

Ah! Cycoris! I knew I was missing someone!! *adds to list* =3 :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2011-02-15, 04:32 AM
I would be scared.

GO TEAM!!! :smallbiggrin:

MountainKing
2011-02-17, 02:13 PM
Mountain King too, but I only ever see you in the RWA thread, so I've no idea how cool you are elsewhere. You'd be in the list too though, if I felt more comfortable admitting to crushing on a dude.

Shiggidy shwaaaaaaaaaaaaa? No, you know what, I'll take it. I'll do one better than that, I'll do it for you. I totally have man-love for the following awesome dudes:

arguskos
Dvil
Malfunctioned
Keld Danar (HE'S SO MANLY)
Vorpal Tribble (ALSO SO MANLY)

Special mention goes out to DethMuncher. I admire his resolve.

Niezck
2011-02-18, 03:05 PM
Definitely got bro-love for Cardea, Eldan & Matar.

Also, MikelaC1, but sshhh, don't tell! She never checks around here anyway, so it's fine =P

Oh, and Vael, in an entirely platonic way. Honest! <_< >_>

Also, while I didn't search this for my name I was considering it. Then I realised that nobody would have one on me so I didn't bother :smalltongue:

arguskos
2011-02-18, 03:07 PM
Shiggidy shwaaaaaaaaaaaaa? No, you know what, I'll take it. I'll do one better than that, I'll do it for you. I totally have man-love for the following awesome dudes:

arguskos
Dvil
Malfunctioned
Keld Danar (HE'S SO MANLY)
Vorpal Tribble (ALSO SO MANLY)

Special mention goes out to DethMuncher. I admire his resolve.
Damn right brother. :smallcool: You seriously need to get the hell down here one day, so we can be bros and whatnot. :smallbiggrin: I'd come to you, but I mean... it's Michigan. :smalltongue: Just kidding....................... mostly. :P

Crow
2011-02-18, 07:20 PM
I've got bro-crushes on a few different posters, mainly because even though I don't always agree with them, they always seem to have well thought-out posts which don't tip-toe around the original questions.

In no particular order;

Matthew
Keld Denar
KuReshtin

Plus one on Serpentine. I pretty much never agree with her, but she writes out well-composed responses and I respect her opinion.

MountainKing
2011-02-18, 09:24 PM
Damn right brother. :smallcool: You seriously need to get the hell down here one day, so we can be bros and whatnot. :smallbiggrin: I'd come to you, but I mean... it's Michigan. :smalltongue: Just kidding....................... mostly. :P

Heeeeey, Michigan's sweet. We've got... huge... tracts of land! :smallbiggrin: And stuff! Just don't go to Flint.

Also, I'm adding Fifty Eyed Fred to my list; for some reason, I always love his avatar. Sometimes, I can't even tell *why*.

Serpentine
2011-02-18, 10:34 PM
Plus one on Serpentine. I pretty much never agree with her, but she writes out well-composed responses and I respect her opinion.Heh. It amuses me that this has come up about as many times as "she's scary/intimidating/whatever" on What You Really Think of TPAY in SMBG :smalltongue:

But ta :smallwink:

Lioness
2011-02-18, 11:01 PM
Heh. I have another person to add to my crush list, but I'm not saying who it is. :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-18, 11:21 PM
Heh. I have another person to add to my crush list, but I'm not saying who it is. :smallbiggrin:

Ooo, I wanna know!

Tease.

Skeppio
2011-02-19, 05:27 AM

:smalleek: No! You can't build up intrigue like that and then leave us hanging! That's not fair! :smalltongue:

Thufir
2011-02-19, 09:35 AM
Yeah! When I have crushes I don't intend to reveal, I have the decency not to mention them at all.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-19, 11:34 AM
Yeah! When I have crushes I don't intend to reveal, I have the decency not to mention them at all.

Does this include real life? Because I once told someone I had a crush on someone else and didn't tell him on whom. He spent a while trying to make me tell him. :smalltongue:

DeadManSleeping
2011-02-19, 12:00 PM
Does this include real life? Because I once told someone I had a crush on someone else and didn't tell him on whom. He spent a while trying to make me tell him. :smalltongue:

One of my friends totally bugged out when I told her I had a crush on someone (her exact words: "You like GIRLS?!"). To this day, she still has no idea whom I was talking about. It bugged her for a while, I'm not sure if she still cares (it's been a tiny bit over a month since she last asked about it).

So, yeah, I can attest to how bothersome it is, from the other side.

Thufir
2011-02-19, 12:09 PM

Yes, it does include real life.
One time a friend of mine tried to get me to tell him who I had a crush on even though I hadn't said I had one. I made non-committal statements and he went off into the realm of wild, unfounded guesses.
It was kind of funny, but still a bit annoying.

AsteriskAmp
2011-02-19, 12:11 PM
One time a friend of mine tried to get me to tell him who I had a crush on even though I hadn't said I had one. I made non-committal statements and he went off into the realm of wild, unfounded guesses.
It was kind of funny, but still a bit annoying.

Unfounded guesses are better than relatively well based ones that still are off, much more uncomfortable.

Haruki-kun
2011-02-19, 01:05 PM
One time a friend of mine tried to get me to tell him who I had a crush on even though I hadn't said I had one.

Ugh. I hate that. :smallsigh: In Elementary school, Middle School, and some time into High School, a lot of people I was working with or just hanging out with used to start small talk with the phrase "So who do you like?" or "Who do you have a crush on?"

Not even "Do you like someone?" or "Do you have a crush on someone?". Directly assuming you have to have one and wanting to find out who.

Besides, it's not like I was talking with close friends or anything. People, even if I DID have a crush on someone, I wouldn't go telling you! How should I know I can trust them?

Last time I had a real crush I told someone... and that someone went straight to the girl and told her. :smallannoyed:

golentan
2011-02-19, 01:25 PM
*shame mode activated*

Okay, I'm posting here. My crushes include:

Lix Lorn (because lix)
Kneenibble (though I haven't seen him around much lately. COME BACK TO ME MY LOVELY KNEEBITER!!!)
Astralfire (awesomesauce)
Jacklu (huggability)
Cobra Ikari (see above, only more volume)
and Serpentine (because weird semi-antagonistic exchanges are fun)

Also, I'm not sure if I should include them because they're more IRL crushes and aren't on the forums much, but Sebsmith and MrWacko.

Dogmantra
2011-02-19, 01:31 PM
(because lix)

This is pretty much the best explanation of anything ever.

Mordokai
2011-02-19, 01:38 PM
Kneenibble (though I haven't seen him around much lately. COME BACK TO ME MY LOVELY KNEEBITER!!!)

I do miss 'im... I mean sure, he always confused the hell out of me. But on the other hand, he always managed to tickle my funny bone just the right way.

Halae
2011-02-19, 01:42 PM
Lix Lorn (because lix)

Agreed .

golentan
2011-02-19, 01:44 PM
This is pretty much the best explanation of anything ever.

I suppose you'd know better than I, but yes.

Mordokai: I just can't think of a single conversation where we didn't wind up shamelessly flirting the whole time. And yes, he's a very funny little parakeet.

Mordokai
2011-02-19, 01:48 PM
Mordokai: I just can't think of a single conversation where we didn't wind up shamelessly flirting the whole time. And yes, he's a very funny little parakeet.

Funny you say?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pte2XO66Nwg/TOoX-PzU7KI/AAAAAAAAG9A/8BlXSfCS5mw/s1600/skatboard-parakeets.jpg

Couldn't help myself, I love that picture :smallbiggrin:

Ah, he'll come back. Someday :smallsmile:

golentan
2011-02-19, 01:56 PM
Ah, he'll come back. Someday :smallsmile:

And when he does, I shall smother him in affection once more. And possibly whipped cream. :smallredface:

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-19, 01:58 PM
Miss mah Tweety :smallfrown: <3

Mordokai
2011-02-19, 06:26 PM
And when he does, I shall smother him in affection once more. And possibly whipped cream. :smallredface:

Kinky.

Just the way I like it :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2011-02-19, 10:55 PM
Hey Mordy, is it just me or are you getting more naughty without the restraining effects of your Paladin? :smalltongue: (I miss that avi :smallfrown:)

Re. real-life crushes: I once had friends declare that I must have a raging crush for my own personal bully, because in a game of Truth or Dare I admitted that he's good-looking. Just because I can objectively acknowledge that he is physically appealing doesn't mean I like the guy :smallconfused: ...especially when another in his circle of friends was both dreamy and nice :smallredface:

Re. Golly etc: Doesn't anyone like me because I'm sweet and pleasant and likable and pretty and stuff? :frown: >single tear< *sniff*

(:smalltongue: It is getting kinda worrying, though... :smalleek:)

golentan
2011-02-19, 11:05 PM
Re. Golly etc: Doesn't anyone like me because I'm sweet and pleasant and likable and pretty and stuff? :frown: >single tear< *sniff*

Well, I wouldn't like you if you weren't nice. It's just that nice is very little fun without some good natured sniping. Bland, ya know?

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2011-02-19, 11:10 PM
Well, ummm...there's this Playgrounder. She's kinda new here, and she really hasn't posted very much, but I don't just have a crush on her. I'm totally heels over head in love with her. :smallredface: But, shhhhh! Don't tell her (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=55187).

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-20, 12:07 AM
OH EM GEE NEKOCAT BOR LIKES YOU AND STUFF.

:smallwink::smalltongue:
I'm sorry, friend. Couldn't help myself <3

Haruki-kun
2011-02-20, 12:28 AM
Well, ummm...there's this Playgrounder. She's kinda new here, and she really hasn't posted very much, but I don't just have a crush on her. I'm totally heels over head in love with her. :smallredface: But, shhhhh! Don't tell her (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=55187).

Oh, you silly Bor. :smalltongue:

Er... I like you because you're sweet and pleasant and pretty and stuff. I just don't have a crush on you. Does this count? :smallsmile:

Halae
2011-02-20, 12:35 AM

As a matter of fact, that's why I like you - I only mentioned Rayne because she mentioned me, an Rayne kinda draws my attention. That said, any serpentfolk gets me :smallbiggrin: and you definitely have that in spades, on top of being wonderfully nice

DeadManSleeping
2011-02-20, 01:03 AM

Meanwhile the hundreds of us reading this thread who have absolutely nobody crushing on them whatsoever for any reason simply roll our eyes and sigh. :smalltongue:

Partof1
2011-02-20, 01:28 AM
Meanwhile the hundreds of us reading this thread who have absolutely nobody crushing on them whatsoever for any reason simply roll our eyes and sigh. :smalltongue:

Agreed. Am happy for you. However, Am somewho unsympathetic. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2011-02-20, 02:08 AM
Hey Mordy, is it just me or are you getting more naughty without the restraining effects of your Paladin? :smalltongue: (I miss that avi :smallfrown:)

It's just you :smalltongue:

As for the old avi... it may make a return. It may not. Currently, I am very much into this new character and I think there are tons of possibilities still left with her, so I'll probably stick for a while. But keep waiting. With me, you never know what will happen :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2011-02-20, 02:16 AM
Ner, guys. Ner :smalltongue: I'll just have to be happy with my backhanded compliments, then :smalltongue:

edit: Uh... I am kidding, you know. I think it's funny that most of my "crushes" are defined by antagonism, but that's about it :smallconfused:

Tiger Duck
2011-02-20, 02:44 AM
Not me, I crush you because you are so very awesome.:smallcool:

Halae
2011-02-20, 02:50 AM
I gave valid reasons and I'm not taking them back! You'll just have to keep my crush, I guess :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-02-20, 03:20 AM
FINE! BE THAT WAY!

Moving right along... Now I guess I has no crushes in the Playground :smallfrown: I'll have to think about it.
Mal and Nameless et al look like they'd be fun to hang out with. That count?
Seriously. I wanna hang out with you and be the creepy old one.

Zaydos
2011-02-20, 03:45 AM

Can't tell well about the ephemeral traits of sweet and pleasant over the internet; as for pretty... don't know what you look like. I find you someone I can respect intellectually and who is intellectually stimulating which makes you likable (I like intellectual stimulation). Plus you know more about dragon legends than me that automatically makes you likable.

And yes I know this was a joke and you explained it as much but... ROOOOAAAARRRRR!

rayne_dragon
2011-02-20, 03:36 PM
Seriously. I wanna hang out with you and be the creepy Great Old One.

Fixed it for you. :smalltongue:

Well, I mainly like you for your cute GB avatar, although your normal one is pretty too. You also come across as smart and funny to me, although I'd have to say I more admire you in a "this is someone I have respect for" kind of way than anything else.

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-20, 03:40 PM

I like you because you are attractive and intelligent. Does that help? :smalltongue:

ZombyWoof
2011-02-20, 04:31 PM
Sometimes I'd like to crush serpentine... does that count? :smallwink::smalltongue::smallbiggrin:
if you took this the wrong way, I meant like a tin can. And I'm kidding.

Serpentine
2011-02-20, 08:56 PM
There's 49,255 people on this forum not me, y'know :smalltongue: Ack, I forgot that the thread-maker tends to get extra attentions >.<
(Thanks, though :smallwink: And hey, Zomby, but I maded your avatar. You still wanna crush me? :smallfrown:)

Dexam
2011-02-20, 09:09 PM
Ner, guys. Ner :smalltongue: I'll just have to be happy with my backhanded compliments, then :smalltongue:

edit: Uh... I am kidding, you know. I think it's funny that most of my "crushes" are defined by antagonism, but that's about it :smallconfused:

Well... this *is* a Playground. Antagonism is clearly the forum equivalent of the pulling-of-hair, pushing-into-mud, insects-down-the-back-of-shirt demonstrations of affection and attention seeking. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it! :smalltongue:

ZombyWoof
2011-02-20, 10:45 PM
(Thanks, though :smallwink: And hey, Zomby, but I maded your avatar. You still wanna crush me? :smallfrown:)
It's only sometimes :smallwink: Right now is definitely not one of those times, but wait for the endorphines of this unbelievably awesome Avvy to wear off :smallwink:

(Seriously though Serp is great and deserves a few dozen crushes so I'll give her three. I'm crushing on you three times, ok? :smallwink:)

Thufir
2011-02-21, 10:20 AM
There's 49,255 people on this forum not me, y'know :smalltongue: Ack, I forgot that the thread-maker tends to get extra attentions >.<

Well, I don't think you're helping matters by going "Man peeps only crushing on me 'cause I'm opinionated n' stuff."
You kind of brought extra attention on yourself by doing that.

Serpentine
2011-02-21, 10:45 AM
Well, I don't think you're helping matters by going "Man peeps only crushing on me 'cause I'm opinionated n' stuff."
You kind of brought extra attention on yourself by doing that.Yes, I am aware of that. Thus the mention that I was joking because it apparently needed to be said, and the repeated requests to move on please :smallannoyed:

Castaras
2011-02-21, 01:38 PM
I have a crush! :smallbiggrin:

On chocolate

Couldn't live without my amazing crush.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-21, 01:45 PM
Don't we all?:smallwink:

ZombyWoof
2011-02-21, 06:08 PM
Despite the fact that she does math in pencil (HERESY!) I have developed a crush on Castaras for her unbelievably wonderful avatar and love of Physics.

U=QV
I=(V/R)
Q is R is 3?
I<3U of course. Takes some gymanistics to get what I'm getting at but in my defense I have a MASSIVE headache. Oh and it's haiku compliant. = is "equals" and / is "over."

Blue Ghost
2011-02-21, 06:30 PM
Despite the fact that she does math in pencil (HERESY!) I have developed a crush on Castaras for her unbelievably wonderful avatar and love of Physics.

U=QV
I=(V/R)
Q is R is 3?
I<3U of course. Takes some gymanistics to get what I'm getting at but in my defense I have a MASSIVE headache. Oh and it's haiku compliant. = is "equals" and / is "over."

You, sir, are awesome.

Mystic Muse
2011-02-21, 07:58 PM
I'm going to admit it, I have a bit of a crush on Lix. She's awesome, and I wish she didn't live an ocean away from me. :smallfrown:

John Cribati
2011-02-21, 09:20 PM
I also like Serpentine very much because of her general smartness.

And let's not forget my favorite Crush:
http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/images/TomorrowlandNemoCrush.gif

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-21, 11:43 PM
I'll admit it.

My most recent crush is The Flash v.v

CurlyKitGirl
2011-02-21, 11:45 PM
RABBIT! RABBIT! RABBITRABBITRABBIT!

I just had a massive nostalgia crush on that avvie of yours.
I 'member back when I first started interacting with you in AMEN and that was Hitomi-chan and wow nostalgia crushes are wonderful.

I shall now depart from this thread before I become embarrassed by my epic fangirlsqee! moment.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-21, 11:49 PM
wefqwefqwefwqeqeh4t
<3
Curly, you are so cute. So cute.
You make me explode with happiness and crushes.

Reinholdt
2011-02-21, 11:49 PM
I've always had a minor crush on CurlyKitGirl's cat.
Now how to make it notice me...

Temotei
2011-02-21, 11:59 PM

Yes sir. I shall not sigh, however. I shall prevail...eventually! :smallcool:

Castaras
2011-02-22, 03:08 AM

U=QV
I=(V/R)
Q is R is 3?

x) :smallbiggrin: Awwwwww thanks. ^^

Serpentine
2011-02-25, 03:33 AM
Well. After watching his videos, I officially crush upon Malfunctioned :smallbiggrin:
...I'll just go get in line :smallamused:

FlashRah
2011-02-25, 03:40 AM
This is a thread for expressing especial platonic, romantic or "like-like" sentiments for fellow Playgrounders, Valentine's Day wishes, and so on. Go on, be brave! You'll make someone's day

As someone whose black heart has shrivelled to the point where the only warmth it feels anymore is through music I can say with every bias entailed that this seems like a really bad idea to me.

But in all honesty I haven't been here long enough to know anyone or leave an impression on anyone.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-25, 03:41 AM
Well. After watching his videos, I officially crush upon Malfunctioned :smallbiggrin:
...I'll just go get in line :smallamused:
Take a number, too.

Serpentine
2011-02-25, 03:44 AM
What number are we up to, now? I'm not too worried, though. He seems to get through us pretty quickly :smallwink:
As someone whose black heart has shrivelled to the point where the only warmth it feels anymore is through music I can say with every bias entailed that this seems like a really bad idea to me.Well, we've had 9 iterations already, with varying degrees of success but overall pretty positive.

ghost_warlock
2011-02-25, 04:56 AM
Besides my previous list, I'll confess I also crush on all those whom it is inappropriate for me to crush on. This includes, foremost:

underage girls
all the boys, but especially the smelly, awkward ones nobody likes
Fay Graydon
various appliances
Zalgo

Serpentine
2011-02-25, 04:59 AM
...what sort of appliances?

ghost_warlock
2011-02-25, 05:01 AM
...what sort of appliances?

Mostly teal ones and those which contain springs. But my affection is not exclusive to these.

Form
2011-02-25, 05:01 AM
I've always had a minor crush on CurlyKitGirl's cat.
Now how to make it notice me...

It's a cat, so just shake a box of kitty treats at it and it'll be mewling at you until you feed it. :smalltongue:

Of course it'll probably ignore you right after that like cats usually do.

Serpentine
2011-02-25, 05:02 AM
Sit down and make your lap nice and warm and available.
It's worked for me :3 Twice, but it was occupied...

Rettu Skcollob
2011-02-25, 05:10 AM
Sit down and make your lap nice and warm and available.
It's worked for me :3 Twice, but it was occupied...

One of my cats pretty much refuses to sit on your lap, but it will hang on your neck while you walk around like a big furry scarf.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/Rettu_Skcollob/Photo59.jpg

Form
2011-02-25, 05:14 AM
One of my cats pretty much refuses to sit on your lap, but it will hang on your neck while you walk around like a big furry scarf.

Mine does both. If I sit on the couch in front of the tv I can pretty much expect him to jump on me and he also seems to expect me to carry him around from time to time. He's also prone to walking all over the newspaper you're reading when he wants attention.

Reinholdt
2011-02-25, 11:58 AM
It's a cat, so just shake a box of kitty treats at it and it'll be mewling at you until you feed it. :smalltongue:

Of course it'll probably ignore you right after that like cats usually do.

But... but... that means I have to give her my kitty treats instead of eating them myself! :smalleek:

Hmmm... love... or food... love... or food...?
>>
<<
*eats the kitty treats*

Castaras
2011-02-25, 12:01 PM
But... but... that means I have to give her my kitty treats instead of eating them myself! :smalleek:

>>
<<
*eats the kitty treats*

There's no contest between love and kitty treats / chocolate. :3

Form
2011-02-25, 12:02 PM

>>
<<
*eats the kitty treats*

If it's any consolation, the cat would have made the same choice. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2011-02-25, 12:34 PM

>>
<<
*eats the kitty treats*

Aw jeez... here, take it!

*gives Reinholdt a box of kitty treats*

Now go be a charmer or something. Try not to eat all of it yourself, at the very least.

Niezck
2011-02-25, 06:42 PM
Oh, forgot one. Cadian 9th.

Om nom :3