PDA

View Full Version : [D&D3.5] Alternate versions of the Dodge Feat?

Coidzor
2011-02-11, 01:49 PM
I know there's at least one feat out there that counts as dodge for prerequisites and the like and is better/usually better than dodge, but I can't remember its name or source or if it's the only one.

Is it just the one or are there a couple? And where do I find it/them?

Reynard
2011-02-11, 01:52 PM
I know there's at least one feat out there that counts as dodge for prerequisites and the like and is better/usually better than dodge, but I can't remember its name or source or if it's the only one.

Is it just the one or are there a couple? And where do I find it/them?

Desert Wind Dodge lies in Tome Of Battle.

And yeah, I can think of a couple of others. Let me go book-diving.

EDIT: Expeditious Dodge in Races of the Wild.

teslas
2011-02-11, 01:55 PM
Found this from the Swiftblade Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871410/The_Swiftblade_Handbook?pg=2):

"Expeditious Dodge (RotWild pg 150): A tier one choice. chose this over the PHB dodge. At higher levels with spring attack you will regularly be moving more than 40 ft. in a single turn. The +2 bonus will really make a difference. Best of all, you can substitute this feat for the dodge feat for meeting the requirements of the Swiftblade PrC."

arguskos
2011-02-11, 01:55 PM
Desert Wind Dodge lies in Tome Of Battle.

And yeah, I can think of a couple of others. Let me go book-diving.
The other one that comes up frequently is Midnight Dodge, from Magic of Incarnum.

Waker
2011-02-11, 01:56 PM
Expeditious Dodge from Races of the Wild. And the aforementioned Desert Wind Dodge from Tome of Battle.

manyslayer
2011-02-11, 03:01 PM
I was just looking these up yesterday for a dervish build for my wife.