PDA

View Full Version : SRD Elemental Questions

Chilingsworth
2011-02-11, 05:11 PM
Hey There Playgrounders!

Got another question to benefit my new wizard character.

See, he has the summon elemental reserve feat. So, I'd like to have the stats for the varrious core elementals on a printout.
What I'd like to know is: Are the elemental enteries on the SRD identical to the ones in the MM? Also, can I cut and paste from the SRD into a text document? I ask about the similiarity between MM and SRD because I know they differ in their enteries for Imp. I ask about the cut and pasting because I'd like to avoid having to type out (or rewrite) the enteries by hand.
I'm not trying to copy the SRD for any illegal purpose, just to have a worksheet for creatures I'll be able to summon more-or-less at will.
So, will the SRD work for me?

EDIT: I've gotten so much help from you guys, I should name a character GitP-ian or something. Maybe I will one day. The name wouldn't fit this guy since he's from a specific culture-theme.

Kuma Kode
2011-02-11, 05:29 PM
The SRD includes what is in the Monster Manual, but also includes any errata or updates. So yes, you should use the SRD for your quick reference in any case, since it is up to date.

The Imp was likely altered by errata, hence the difference between the published content and the SRD.

graeylin
2011-02-11, 05:59 PM
i have cut and pasted from the srd many times, as long as it is for personal use, should be okay (ie, i cut/paste spell effects, etc. into my PC sheets). one thing about the elemental entries, they are in tables, so cutting and pasting into a word document will require additional deletions, etc... you get more data than the single column you want. You might try pasting into a spreadsheet or table, to make deleting the extra stuff out easier.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-11, 06:25 PM
The SRD includes what is in the Monster Manual, but also includes any errata or updates. So yes, you should use the SRD for your quick reference in any case, since it is up to date.

The Imp was likely altered by errata, hence the difference between the published content and the SRD.

I thought this might be the case, but my group only uses the books. This is because we find it MUCH easier to reference a physical book than to deal with a computer for most reference needs. So, if the elemental entries are different between the MM and the SRD, using them would be problematic for me at best.

Zherog
2011-02-11, 08:05 PM
If they're different, then you can copy/paste and then just change the stuff that's different manually.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-12, 09:15 AM
If they're different, then you can copy/paste and then just change the stuff that's different manually.

Fortunately, they weren't different, as far as I could tell. This is what I did ended up doing for the imp.