PDA

View Full Version : A New Hope, We Hope

Gourtox
2011-02-11, 07:20 PM
Tatooine, possibly the most crime infested world in the whole of the galaxy. Everyone has heard of it and now here you are on the sand covered surface through various circumstances that are of little consequence as you have something much greater to fear then the sandstorms, a Hutt. What can cause more fear than a Hutt in his lair? Rancors are naught, but cute puppies when compared to a Hutt. Even Vader himself seems like a child when compared to the ruthlessness of a Hutt.

Z24-1138
Your mission to destroy the Republic has taken you to Tatooine and soon learn why droids often avoid these sandy wastes, Jawas. When your ship docks it is after dark, but thinking that you could handle whatever should choose to pick a fight you try to find someone of importance in this forsaken place. As you round a corner Jawas jump off of roofs and from every nook and cranny. A jawa standing on your chest as you lay on the ground is that last thing you remember before you get turned off. The next thing you know you are standing in front of a shady human. "He has plans for you. follow me." A light bulb goes off, as humans say, as you feel the weight of carbine. Ever so slowly you reach for it, but instead you recieve a zap. "None of that we own you now." The human waves a remote around, showing that he truly is in control. Reluctantly you follow him to a room where two humans, a bothan, a duros, and a twi'lek standing in chains in front of a huge
Hutt.

John Forge
You stand out behind a machine shop watching the shadows created by the setting suns dance and shift. Finally you see a cloaked figure aproach you. This is what you've been waiting for, this man is the one who contacted your father, this man might just be the key to your future. "So you are John?" You nod your answer, eagerly waiting to hear what he has to say. The man smiles and something goes off inside you. Something isn't right. Men suddenyl appear all around you and rush you. You reach for your lightsaber, but it's too late they slam you into the wall. The supposed friend leans in close saying, "You're a fool just like your parents." Then with a wave of his hand you are injected with some sort of drug and taken away. Flashing in and out of conciousness you watch as the men take you and lock your hands in cuffs. Your lightsaber is taken and you are brought before a Hutt.

Garrett Thule
The Black Sun decided that since you were already on Tatooine you were to keep tabs on, and if possible annihilate, a Hutt by the name of Vero. This Hutt had been causing them frustration in ways they had not informed you about, only that he was nuisance that needed to be swept away. You started asking questions about Vero, but his men caught you. You were asking what you thought was an informant when his men jumped you. It was a brutal fight. You shot two of his men before they took you down, but they did take you. You were then cuffed and brought before Vero.

Rorik Kre'Larn
After your freighter was impounded you took whatever work you could get and that landed you on Tatooine. You bounced around from ship to ship, job to job, employer to employer. This continued until you got mixed up with a local gang. The gang had decided to steal from a local Hutt and, unbeknownst to you, was using you to transport the goods. Well the Hutt found out and decided to take out all involved. That meant you, lucky for you the Hutt's henchman thought you would serve better alive than dead. They brought before the mighty Hutt.

Nalur Rolik

You headed to Tatooine to try and rebuild your fortune, but have been rich you seem to find some complications. Many of the scum here don't like you and don't like to work with you. The few that will work with try to charge extremely high prices for their work. It also has othe dangers. After a few business ventures the Hutts caught wind of you, one in particular. Vero had his men kidnap you and brought to him.

Berk Bindo
Your quest for work didn't end too well. You got mixed up with a group of thugs that worked for a Hutt. After one run of goods they accused you of stealing profits and beat you up, bad. After you recovered you found yourself being dragged in front of a very scary looking Hutt.

"You all are here becuase you owe me, one way or another. I could have you all killed or sold off to the Imperials, but I have a better idea. In exchange for your freedom you will do a job for me. A group of thugs, called the Death Dealers, who usually would be an insignicant problem for me have recieved outside aid from an outside source and somehow have convinced the Tuskan Raidars to protect them. You will eliminate them for me. It's that simple and don't come back around until it's done or I'll kill you." Without given a chance to respond you are thrown out of the hideout and unrestrained. "We'll be watching you, so be careful what you do," one of the thugs says.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-11, 07:42 PM
Nalur Rolik

Nalur stands up and dusts himself off.
[Ryl] Nice of them to provide us with information
[Basic] Has anybody heard of these Death Dealers then? Oh sorry where are my manners, I'm Ashal it's a ...
He looks at you all with a slight disgust that he fails to hide
[Basic] ...pleasure to meet you.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-11, 08:07 PM
John stands up and shakes himself off.
"Damn Hutts think they own everything. I'm John."

Do we have our stuff?

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-11, 08:36 PM
Nalur Rolik

[Basic] That's because they do own everything. I don't know, or care, what they have on any of you but I really suggest you do what they say.

Assuming I still have all my equipment I'm going to take out my data pad and check my data cards and anything else I can access to try to find any information on this Death Dealers gang.

Assuming my data cards contain information that I have gathered since arriving on the planet I'll roll Gather Information but I can't imagine I would have picked up anything specific.
[roll0]

Tyrael
2011-02-11, 08:56 PM
((OOC: Just a minor note; a physical description of everyone would be lovely. I have no idea what any of you look like.

I'll post my own thing later tonight.))

Tyrael
2011-02-12, 12:23 AM
"...And I'll be watching right back," Garrett Thule mutters under his breath as the thug walks off. The Hutt's briefing is safely documented inside the memory banks of his audiorecorder, having managed to unobtrusively activate it as he was being dragged before the gangster lord.

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/8836/garrettl.th.jpg (http://img573.imageshack.us/i/garrettl.jpg/)

Garrett is garbed from head to toe in a bluish-grey suit studded with pockets. His elbows and knees are padded with armor, and his torso is covered in a dark grey vest. A silenced and customized slugthrower pistol is in a holster strapped to his thigh, and his belt carries a variety of boxes and ammo pouches, along with a sharp combat knife. His face is hard and rugged, glaring out at the world from beneath a gark gray bandanna that covers his brow, its tied ends trailing down to his shoulders. The right side of his face is heavily scarred and blasted, and his right eyeball is the cold, dark metal of a cybernetic implant.

The man reaches into a pocket and unconcernedly lights up a cigarette, exhaling a breath of satisfied smoke into the harsh Tatooine sun. "Well, that was fun," he growls sarcastically, his voice deep and rasping.

Leviathan
2011-02-12, 12:36 AM
Z24-1138

The restraining bolt snaps off.

Reinitialize protocols. Scanning... Uploading memory.

The droid's head jerks upright. Memory retrieval: success. Mission: destroy "Death Dealers" criminal syndicate. ERROR: forceful coercion attempt. Self-preservation module: override.

Z24-1138 finally comes fully to "life," scanning the unfortunate people around him. His frame is that of an old Trade Federation battle droid, but it seems as though every piece has been blasted away and repaired, so that the droid is a mesh of different alloys and parts. "My scanners estimate insufficient firepower to eliminate in detail an entire tribal unit of primitives and criminals. " The droid adds, metallic voice somehow transmitting distain, "Especially since allied forces appear organic and of criminal origins themselves."

Lycan 01
2011-02-12, 12:47 AM
The scrawny Bothan calmly picks himself up off the ground, and begins to dust the sand from his clothes and fur. He is clad in a mixture of black and red - black flight boots, a black pair of pants, a red long sleeve shirt, black flight gloves, and a black flight vest. His fur is dark brown, and it is well kept and groomed. He has a short goatee, as most of his species sports, and he also possesses a set of piercing green eyes.

"Well..." he growls in Basic, shaking his vest to loosen any sand trying to hitch a ride in his pockets. "That could have gone slightly better. Would have been nice to know I was transporting stolen goods belonging to a Hutt, but hey, what can ya do?" he shrugs, before clapping his hands together and grinning at the other strangers. "So yeah, name's Rorik. Looks like we're stuck working together, or else we... uh... die. Anybody got a plan?"

The scrawny Bothan then takes a subtle step away from the rogue and possibly homicidal Battle Droid.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-12, 01:09 AM
A lanky blue-gray Duros with bruising on the left side of face he also appears to be favoring his left ribs, wearing black swoop jacket, pulls out a small white cylinder and lights the tip with mini-torch from his belt.

"You guys have got to be kidding, no?" he stares incredulously at the assembled group. "Fierfek." he curses "You haven't been on Tantooine long have you?. We have to go see the Jawas, if anyone would know somthing about the raiders location it's them."

Tyrael
2011-02-12, 02:03 AM
"What the hell's a Jawa?" Garrett growls.

Leviathan
2011-02-12, 02:26 AM
Z24-1138

"Jawas: droid slavers deserving of painful termination." The droid's frame shudders; it is difficult to tell whether from the thought of memory wipes and restrainers, or simply age and wear.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-12, 03:11 AM
Nalur Rolik

Nalur looks up from his computer, pretty certain that he doesn't have any useful information.
Don't worry nobody is going to buy you. I agree the Jawas tend to know things, any idea where they are? Or where we are?
After putting his datapad back into the pouch in his light grey flight suit he begins checking for Jawa trading com channels nearby.

Lycan 01
2011-02-12, 11:50 AM
Rorik shrugs again. "Jawas sound like a good idea, if we can find them. Anybody speak their language, though? I'm not even sure what languages they speak beyond "Ootinie!" or whatever it is they say all the time..." the Bothan grumbles.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-12, 01:58 PM
"Jawas are annoying little things, better off that we just threaten a few of them."

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-12, 02:14 PM
Nalur Rolik

"There's no point threatening them if you can't understand them, also I don't want a whole Jawa fortress wanting me dead. I know their trade language quite well maybe I could convince them to give us information, though I doubt that it will be free."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-13, 05:26 PM
"Use your comlink and jump on the Jawas channel, tell them you are looking to trade. I'm sure they'll give you a rendezvous point."

Tyrael
2011-02-13, 05:42 PM
Garrett quietly exhales another plume of smoke. "We need to get moving," he grumbles. "We can keep arguing on the way there."

Lycan 01
2011-02-13, 09:03 PM
"Er, lets try to avoid violence..." the scrawny Bothan blinks in shock at the suggestion of threatening the Jawas. "I've got a pretty good grasp of Huttese, and I tend to be good at talking myself out of trouble or into good deals, so maybe I should handle the diplomacy when we find the Jawas?" Rorik suggests as he begins to walk off in some random direction, hoping to at least get the group moving.

Do we have any idea where we are, or which way to go?

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-13, 09:08 PM
"I can talk Huttese as well, I just don't like Jawas.." John grabs his saber, and tests it, making sure there's nothing wrong with it, "But public opinion is best I suppose."

Lycan 01
2011-02-13, 09:27 PM
"FRAK YOU'RE A JEDI?!" Rorik screams in horrifed surprise, taking a large step back as one of his new companions suddenly ignites a lightsaber.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-13, 09:35 PM
"I wouldn't call myself a Jedi, more a.. Okay yes I'm sort of a Jedi, now quiet down! I don't want to have to use this thing already.."

Tyrael
2011-02-13, 10:16 PM
Garrett tenses, staring at the lightsaber uncertainly. "Anybody else have any shocking revelations about who they are?" he growls, his hand inching close to his gun. "I thought you Jedi were all dead. Word is there's a handsome bounty on any Jedi's head these days..."

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-13, 10:19 PM
"Try it, and I won't hesitate to kill you... But I'd rather not have to go fighting everyone right now..." John watches them, keeping his lightsaber in his hand, but not on.

Lycan 01
2011-02-13, 10:29 PM
"Woah, hold on!" Korik holds up both his hands, but doesn't dare step closer to either menacing individual. "There's no need to start killing each other! Jedi are supposed to be the good guys, according to the old stories. Seriously, all that Imperial propaganda about dark rituals and treasonous plots can't be true, considering what they say about most of our own races and homeworlds. And even if he is a wanted criminal, so are the rest of us, probably. I know I've probably broken a law or two somewhere. So how 'bout we all just calm down, keep our hands off our weapons, and focus on not being killed off by an angry Hutt?" the scrawny Bothan tries to reason with everyone.

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-13, 11:57 PM
"I agree with the Bothan, we're all in the same boat, let's all paddle the same direction."

Leviathan
2011-02-14, 12:08 AM
Z24-1138

Upon seeing the lightsaber come to life, Z24 raises his carbine. As the Bothan tries to talk everyone down, the droid states: "19 BBY, contingency Order 66 in effect. All Jedi are enemies of the Republic and hence potential allies of the Confederacy of Independent States." He lowers his weapon. "You are a viable ally, Jedi, but I've got my sensors on you."

Lycan 01
2011-02-14, 09:19 AM
Upon hearing the Battle Droid's mentioning of enemies, allies, the Republic, and the force once known as the Separatists, Rorik can't help but arch a furry eyebrow at the construct. "Er, beggin' your pardon, but which of those sides are you on, exactly? Just curious..." he asks the droid, hoping its not touchy on the subject. If it was really old enough to have fought in the Clone Wars, then it was possible that the droid may have a burnt circuit or two.

Leviathan
2011-02-14, 05:09 PM
Z24-1138
"This unit is a Trade Federation B1 Battle Droid," the droid states matter-of-factly, as though this makes the issue of "sides" self-evident. He adds, however, with a hint of pride in his voice: "Even absent direct orders or central command, I continue to fulfill my designated task."

Tyrael
2011-02-14, 06:14 PM
Garrett grunts noncommittally. "We're wasting time," he remarks sourly. "Let's get moving."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-14, 06:51 PM
"As much as it pains me to agree with scarface here, if you wermois are done bickering there is a Hutt that I would like to get off my back."

Lycan 01
2011-02-14, 09:10 PM
Realizing that nobody seems to be taking the initiative, Rorik taps his wrist-mounted commlink and opens up the nearest radio feed. He begins to scan for any broadcasts that indicate either Jawa traders, local settlements, or a nearby moisture farm.

Gourtox
2011-02-14, 09:22 PM
You don't hgear any Jawas talking, but you do hear a few guys talking about the Sandcrawler that just pulled into the city. It seems that the Sandcrawler is only a few minutes from you.

Lycan 01
2011-02-14, 09:32 PM
If Rorik has some idea of where they are and how to get to the city, he begins to trot off in that direction. "Well, guess we're off to the city. Might as well just ask around the whole place, rather than just the Jawas. They may try to rip us off or something, anyway..."

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-14, 11:18 PM
"Anything is better then killing eachother..."

Lycan 01
2011-02-15, 09:54 AM
As Rorik walks across the burning desert sands, he looks back over his shoulder and asks: "So how'd everybody end up here, anyway? Seems like we're quite the rag-tag group. A handful of scoundrels, a rogue Jedi, and a Separatist Battle Droid... This sounds like the start up of a really bad joke," he smirks.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-15, 08:40 PM
"Well you can should call me...uh." looking thoughtful, "Berk Bindo, yea that'll work.

"But going back to your previous point, I doubt walking up to random people and inquiring about notorious gangs is a great idea. So let's think this trough, my first thought is to spilt up into two teams. One to speak with the Jawas and one to SUBTLELY inquire into the Death Dealers."

Leviathan
2011-02-15, 08:45 PM
Z24-1138

The droid's processor's hum as he hears Rorik's question. "I do not understand your reference to a 'bad joke,' but arms procurement is necessary for the perpetuation of hostilities with the Republic, and this planet has no regulations on the sale of the requisite materiel."

Lycan 01
2011-02-15, 09:45 PM
Rorik

The Bothan casts a quizzical look at the battle droid. "You do realize the Republic has been replaced by an Empire, right? And what did you say your name was?"

Rorik then looks at the rest of the team. "I'm pretty good at digging around for information. I am a Bothan, after all..." he smirks. "So I can probably lead the team that will poke around town for info. I can probably poke around the local cantina, pick up the local news and rumors, maybe see what direction we should at least be headin' in..."

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-15, 09:51 PM
John laughs, "I've lived here my whole life, these aren't the kind of people to just give out info, they'll all want something in return,"

Lycan 01
2011-02-15, 10:11 PM
Rorik

"Bothaaaaan..." Rorik responds in a sing-song voice, smirking as he pats one of his pockets, resulting in the jingle of loose credits. "You underestimate me, it seems. I know how all about how to get information out of people."

Leviathan
2011-02-16, 12:25 AM
Z24-1138

Z24 shows a rare display of human-like animation, complete with robotic gesticulation, as he exclaims: "The Republic has always been an oppressive, totalitarian Empire; nothing has changed!" In response to the Bothan's query, he states "I am unit number Z24-1138; manufactured: Baktoid Armor Workshop, Geonosis; property of the Confederacy of Independent States."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-16, 06:44 AM
All right Furball, why don't you take scarface with you, I'll head over see the Jawas with the tin can. Seeing that you're a local, lightsaber boy why don't you and the twilek see what you can dig up on your own. We should all get on the same com-channel.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-16, 07:04 PM
Nalur Rolik

"That sounds like a good idea, we'll get more information if we split up. I am going to speak with some 'reputable businessmen' to find out if they have heard anything about the group and the threats they pose. I would like to speak with the Jawa before we leave as well."

Gourtox
2011-02-19, 11:29 AM
Nalur and John
These death dealers must have weapons and every now and again weapons break so you go to an arms dealer hoping to find some information. A greasy looking, middle-aged man stands behind the counter of the "Bothan's Breath" a cantina that is also commonly known as the place for any weapons you need. "How an I help ya?"
Rorik and Garrett
Where to start looking for information? A bar of course and the nastier the better. You have found yourselves a rather nasty one. Lowlifes of all kinds are in the bar drinking and staring at the dancers. Twi'leks, Rodians, Zabrak, Gammorreans, and even Hutts can be seen in the bar. A hive of villainy and information. A certain dancer ctaches your eye. A twi'lek sitting at the bar on break. She seems disgruntled about something.
Berk and Z24
Upon arriving at the Jawa Sandcrawler you can see the Jawas are in a selling frenzy. Dozens of the little aliens are running all over the place, haggling with buyers, unloading droids, loading droids, fixing droids, anything that is even related to droids they are doing it. It only takes a few seconds for a Jawa to come over to you and start speaking. Are you buying or selling?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-19, 11:45 AM
"Buying and selling my friend. I am looking to buy some information and I am selling our services. I have been hearing some Tusken Raiders have been getting ambitious, perhaps I should be talking the elders?"

Lycan 01
2011-02-19, 07:36 PM
Rorik calmly enters the cantina. He slinks through his crowd, making his way towards the bar. He takes a seat next to the Twi'lek, and after glancing around the room a bit and acting natural, he turns to look at her. After a moment he asks, "Rough day?" He wears a warm smile and an expression of sincerity, and he looks only at her face rather than the rest of her body. He wants her to see that he isn't checking her out or trying to flirt with her, but rather is trying to present himself as somebody who authentically wants to lend her a listening ear.

Leviathan
2011-02-19, 08:20 PM
Z24-1138

The worn battle droid stands beside his companion, staying silent, head swivelling from side to side warily. He cradles his blaster obviously, making sure the Jawas know that he is not for selling.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-19, 08:57 PM
Nalur greets the man with a smile.

"Something to drown my sorrows good man"

Nalur gets closer to the barkeeper to hand him a note.

I'm after a lot of supplies quickly and know that you are the best person to ask.

Gourtox
2011-02-19, 10:25 PM
Nalur and John
He looks at you for a minute as if he's sizing you up. "Come with me." He lifts a section of the bar so you can walk through and leads you into the back room filled with all diferent kinds of alcohal contained in various bottles and kegs. He moves a couple of the kegs to reveal a door heading downward. Behind the door is his real business. Guns, and vibroblades cover the walls. "So what do ya really need?"
Rorik and Garrett
She looks at you with an icy glare as if telling you to go away, but it only lasts for a second. She tilts he heard down and sighs. "You could say that. You could also say rough week, rough month, rough year, rough life. It sn't enough that I'm a slave forced to dance in this horrible place, that every night I'm harrased and threatened by these lowlifes, no that's not enough. My brother, the only free one in the family, has to go and get himself captured by some raiders." she pauses for moment. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to burden you with my problems. My name is Dayla by the way."
Berk and Z24
Yes of course the elders. Right this way."The Jawa abruptly turns around and walks into the Sandcrawler through a doorway that you are just barely able to squeeze past. He quickly leads you down a number of sharp turns until you come to a room with six Jawas sitting on cushions on the floor. My elders there is someone here to see you. He's asking about the Raiders. The one at what seems to be the head of the circle, if you could call it that, responds. Very well, what is it that you are asking?

Lycan 01
2011-02-19, 10:47 PM
Rorik scowls at the mentioning that she's a slave, his sorrowful eyes betraying his sense of pity for her. At her pause and apology though, he smiles warmly and says, "Oh no, that's quite alright Dayla. My name is Rorik, and I don't mind listening. You mentioned your brother... What's the story on him? Did he get captured trying to earn money to free you or something?"

Tyrael
2011-02-20, 01:58 AM
Quietly toggling the audiorecorder concealed in one of the pouches of his gear, Garrett walks up to the bar. "Fierfek-brewery beer," he orders casually. "Any news around here lately?"

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-20, 09:17 AM
"As you know we are very happy with our previous purchases. This time we after items with a lot more destructive capability. I would like to know how long it would take you to supply us with several Thermal Detonators and enough explosives to destroy a building. We also need heavy weapons and some blasters to equip our new recruits."

ooc
Deception [roll0]
Hopefully I have given enough information for him to suspect me as one of the Death Dealers and that we are planning a big operation, which I assume they are considering the Hutts are worried.
I should have asked for enough that he cannot supply me straight away and that he won't expect payment immediately.
If he hasn't supplied the Death Dealers then I should have left enough space for the conversation to change and I can get out of there alive.
But I guess that depends on how well I roll.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-20, 09:18 AM
Deception re-roll (must take if worse)
[roll0]

Gourtox
2011-02-20, 09:51 AM
Nalur and John
"Who's this we you're talking about?"
OOC
All he knows is that you are not on the good side of the law, he sells to a lot of people.

Rorik
"My brother doesn't even know I'm alive. We got seperated a few years ago and he thinks I'm dead. I was afraid that if he knew about me, he would do something stupid. He was happy. He was working as a mechanic at a garage, saving up money to open up a repair shop, but he started smuggled weapons for an arms dealer. I guess the arms dealer had a falling out of sorts with these Raiders so they ambushed my brother and took him and everything he had. I don't think I'll ever see him again."

Garett
The bartender, a rodian, get your drink and slides it over to you. "Oh lots of news, things have really picked up around here recently. Gang wars are starting up, people getting killed, Tuskans are attacking more frequently, the Hutts are up to something, it doesn't get any hotter than it is right now."

Lycan 01
2011-02-20, 10:51 AM
Rorik listens to the Twi'lek, and when she is done speaking he looks at her with an expression of seriousness. Without a smirk or anything to give the illusion he's joking, he lowers his voice and quietly asks: "Any idea where these raiders are?"

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-20, 11:32 AM
"Ah yes, I represent a group of investors in this city's future. We usually contact you through the low life scum we control claiming to be buying for themselves. But our new mission requires a lot more than that, perhaps you also have contact with a large group that we would be able to hire for the job. You would of course get a finders fee for any connections you could provide. We are particularly interested in a group known as the Death Dealers, we have heard great things about them."

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-20, 02:32 PM
John just stands back, being quiet, waiting, in case something goes wrong.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-20, 04:16 PM
"Well I and my droid friend are looking some Tusken raiders and I thought that we might come to a mutually beneficial relationship. The group I am looking for are hooked up with a gang, called the Death Dealers."

With a grinning shrug, "I thought perhaps you might provide information and finically back our expedition."

Tyrael
2011-02-20, 04:27 PM
Garrett grimaces as he feels the cheap alcohol slide down his throat. "Gang wars, huh? I've been hearing a lot about some guys called the Death Dealers. What're they up to this time?"

Gourtox
2011-02-21, 08:50 AM
Rorik
"I don't have any idea where they are, but I might know someone who does, but you have to promise me that if you saee my brother that you will rescue him."
Garett
Those dirty b******* are up to stealing kids and murdering women. They killed my wife three weeks ago. They came in saying That I'd been supporting their rivals, a Hutt gang called the Enforcers, before I even knew what had happened they shot her. What I wouldn't give for their heads on a platter. If anyone killed them or their tuskan buddies I'd be willing to pay them." He stops for a moment and you can see he has an idea. "You wouldn't be interested in killling them would ya?"
Berk
The elders stop and look at you for a moment. The group you are looking for are the Retchna and are great enemies of the Jawas. We could take you near them and point you in the right direction, but what will you do for us?
Nalur
"The Death Dealers are nothing, but bantha poodoo who should be turned into molten piles of dung. I'm not gonna help them out, in fact I want to get back at them for all they've done. If you want to hire them I suggest you leave."

Lycan 01
2011-02-21, 10:53 AM
Rorik flashes a genuine smile. "I have no problem making that promise. By the way, I hear that some group of raiders is using Tuskens to help them. This wouldn't happen to be that same group, would it? Also, are there any sorts of rewards currently available for dealing with the raiders or Tuskens around here?" he asks, curious to see if there's any way he can make some added credits out of this venture.

Tyrael
2011-02-21, 11:58 AM
Garrett nods slowly. "That's the way of the galaxy, isn't it? Someone hurts someone, someone else puts a bounty on their heads, and then it happens all over again."

He drains his mug. "How much?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-21, 12:22 PM
"Great enemies you say? Perhaps you'd be willing to pay for their removal? Or perhaps we could work it out in trade? I am sure my companion could use some spare parts."

Turning to Z24, "Hey Tin Man, you need anything? Parts wise, that is."

Leviathan
2011-02-21, 02:49 PM
Z24-1138

The droid hums indignantly. "My designation is unit number Z24-1138, not 'Tin Man.' And I am operating at optimal functionality."

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-21, 05:27 PM
"Then surely somebody like you would know somebody better for the mission that we had in mind. But that is honestly the first bad thing I have heard about the Death Dealers, would you mind telling me what they did to wrong you."
Persuasion [roll0]

Gourtox
2011-02-22, 08:48 AM
Rorik
"It's the same group and as far as I know there isn't any other reward for them, but they aren't well liked and I'm sure everyone would be glad if they had a few less members."
Garett
"I only have 100 credits I can spare, but I'll tell you what if you wipe them out I'll give you that Twi'lek slave girl and a droid. How bout it?"
Berk
"We are already giving you transport and helping you find them. We will give you 200 credits for their removal."
Nalur
"Those dirty Death Dealers stole an arms shipment from me along with my speeder and the smuggler. I'd give a 1,000 credits to anyone who could bring me back my speeder and killed those stinking Death Dealers."

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 09:07 AM
Rorik nods thoughtfully. "Alright then. Now, who is it you were going to suggest I speak to?"

Gourtox
2011-02-22, 09:40 AM
Rorik
"A man called Zed. He's a hunter, but since the Empire sent their garrison here hunting has been rather restricted. He knows this planet liike no other and was even captured by these Tuskans, so he'll know where their camp is. He usually hangs out around the Sabacc tables in what used to be the Hunter's lodge, it's called the Hunter's den."

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 10:00 AM
"Alright..." Rorik nods. "I'll head over there shortly. And don't worry. I'll be back, and I'll have your brother in tow..." the Bothan smirks. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order a drink real quick so I don't raise too much suspicion. I'll see you soon, Dayla," he says, bidding her farewell with a warm smile.

Unless Dayla has anything else of importance to say, Rorik heads over to the counter where Garrett is talking to the bartender. He sits down next to Garrett, but doesn't regard him with any sort of recognition, in case the man is trying to stay incognito. "Excuse me," he asks when there's a break in the conversation between the Rodian and Garrett, "Could I get a Corellian Ale, please?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-22, 11:12 AM
Speaking into his comlink, "Hey, when you guys are finished come see me at the Sandcrawler."

"Two-Hundred a head, I think that will work."

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-22, 12:00 PM
"Interesting, I'm sure that can be arranged. But we have neither the men nor the desire to go in guns blazing. Could you provide me with a way to contact them, our planned mission will still go ahead just with an unfortunate end for our employees. From what you said I can assume that they are already well armed but we still require explosives for our mission, are you able to provide any?"

Gourtox
2011-02-22, 01:47 PM
Rorik
"Of course, sir. Here you go."
Nalur
"Yes, I can provide some. Not for free of course."
Berk
"And there are many heads to collect

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 02:13 PM
"Excellent, excellent..." Rorik smirks, nodding to the bartender. "By the way, I hate to interrupt, but I was wondering if I could ask a quick question or two about that Twi'lek girl. Dayla, I believe her name is. Would you happen to be her owner, good sir?"

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-22, 02:59 PM
"Ah good, I shall speak with my superiors to find out how much they need and they will send somebody to buy it. In the mean time I need to speak with the Death Dealers, do you know where they are, how to contact them, or somebody who does. Then I shall take my leave."

Gourtox
2011-02-22, 03:25 PM
Rorik
He slides your ale over to you. "Yeah I own her."
Nalur
"If I knew where they were they'd be dead already. Come back when you've got the money or killed the Raiders." As you walk out you get the comlink message from Berk.

Tyrael
2011-02-22, 03:51 PM
Garrus eyes the Twi'lek appraisingly and nods in approval. "Sounds good to me. Where can I find these Death Dealer fierfeks?"

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 04:10 PM
Rorik smiles, and politely inquires: "Excellent. Might you perhaps be interested in selling her in exchange for goods or services?" He's hoping that the bartender will at least consider making him an offer of some sort, especially since he's trying to act professional.

Gourtox
2011-02-22, 04:12 PM
Rorik and Garett
"As I just offered this man here I'm willing to give her and a droid to anyone who kills the Death Dealers and no I don't know where they are."

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 04:19 PM
Rorik

Rorik grins, and lowers his voice so that (hopefully) only the bartender and Garrett can hear him. "Are they the group working with the Tuskens I've heard about? It seems that its everybody's lucky day, because I may have a lead on where to find them..."

The Bothan then looks at Garrett and arches an eyebrow. "Good sir, might you consider working together? I take the girl, you take the droid, and we split any equipment we find evenly. Does that sound fair to you?" He says this as both part of the ruse that he doesn't know Garrett, and to actually work out how the girl and droid will be split between them. Rorik doesn't know Garrett's character enough to know whether or not he'll be willing to let go of the girl, which could be a problem...

Tyrael
2011-02-22, 04:56 PM
Garrett shrugs as he fixes the Bothan with the unblinking gaze of his cybernetic eye. "Oh, I don't know, the girl's a pretty little thing," he grins. "I might want to hold onto her for a little while..." He waggles his eyebrows suggestively, playing his dirty-merc role to the hilt.

"Though we need to get the job done before that. What's this about a lead on where they are?"

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-22, 05:15 PM
John nods to the bartender and turns to follow Nalur and leave.

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-22, 05:34 PM
Nalur Rolik

After leaving the bar and receiving the message Nalur heads off in the direction of the Sandcrawler. When he is a safe distance from the cantina he turns to speak with John.

"It is a shame how poorly that turned out. Who'd have thought that somebody could dislike a criminal organisation. I also had to offer something that I couldn't deliver on. Fortunately it shouldn't be a problem, he has nothing to give us and he was offering less than the going rate for a used speeder anyway. Hopefully the others managed to obtain some useful information."

KingOfLaughter
2011-02-22, 06:11 PM
"They're all poor people, they'll try to scam you out of anything and everything that they can." John chuckles slightly, "we should meet up with the others."

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 07:43 PM
Rorik

The scrawny Bothan doesn't back down from Garrett's cyborg gaze. Rather, he simply responds with a somewhat annoyed glare. "Don't taunt the man who has the sensitive information. It doesn't give him much reason to share it." Hopping up from his seat, he begins to head for the door. "Come along, good sir, and we can discuss business on the way there..."

Once they leave the Cantina and are out of earshot from anyone else, Rorik stops and turns to face Garrett with a smirk. "You're such a jerk, making things difficult..." he chuckles, shaking his head. "At any rate, the 'pretty little thing' told me where to find a guy who knows where the Tusken Raider camp is. We find the raiders, we find the gang. Should we meet up with the rest of the group first, or head over to find him before we rendezvous?"

Tyrael
2011-02-24, 04:48 PM
Garret shakes his head. "If a whole group of armed people show up looking for one guy, he'd think we're a hit squad. This needs to be done quietly. We'll get the info, then rendezvous."

Lycan 01
2011-02-24, 05:05 PM
Rorik

"Okay, lets let the others know..." Rorik nods. He then raises his wrist and activates his comm-link, before sending a message to the rest of the team. "Alright guys, me and G will meet up with the rest of your shortly. We have a lead we're going to check into, and it'd be better if just one or two people checked it out, rather than the whole group. We'll try to join up with y'all as soon as possible, hopefully with the location of that place we're looking for." He purposefully tries to be vague, just in case anyone is listening in on their frequency, which can likely be accessed publicly.

@ Garrett

He then turns his attention back to Garrett. "We're looking for a place called The Hunter's Den. Some guy named Zed hangs out at the Sabaac tables there, and he knows where the Tusken camp is. I suppose we should start looking around..." he shrugs, beginning to walk along the street in hopes of finding some indication of where the hunting lodge might be, or somebody innocent-looking he could question about it.

As he walks along, he casts a look back at Garrett and says: "But seriously, I do want the girl. Is the robot and half the loot a fair enough deal?"

Tyrael
2011-02-24, 08:04 PM
Garrett shakes his head. "People expect a gun-for-hire to be a prick," he replies. "The slave's yours, and I expect the droid in our group will want a friend to talk to."

He sighs as they walk along towards The Hunter's Den "I like a woman with a healthy chest," he admits grudgingly, "maybe even a VERY healthy chest, but slavery makes me sick. If she wants to come with us after she's free, she's welcome to if it's better than what she had before. Just make sure she knows what she's getting into."

Lycan 01
2011-02-24, 08:18 PM
Rorik

Rorik smiles thoughtfully. "I think she'd rather stay here, if everything works out well enough. You see, she told me about the raiders because it seems they've kidnapped her brother. So, if we get the chance, I intend to try to rescue the guy. He's a mechanic who's been saving up to open a garage of his own, but it seems he tried to make a quick buck with the wrong business partners. She said he thinks she's dead or something, and she never let him know she was alive because she was afraid he'd do something stupid to free her. So yeah, if everything goes well, there will be a big family reunion and everyone will be happy. Hopefully..." he shrugs. He then adds with a smirk, "Though, I wouldn't complain if she decided to tag along. She seems like a nice girl..."

Tyrael
2011-02-24, 09:59 PM
Garret shrugs. "Either way," he replies, "That's in the future. Right now, we need to find this Zed informant."

Suiting actions to words, Garrett steps inside The Hunter's Den.

Gourtox
2011-02-25, 08:17 AM
Rorik and Garrett
There are few partons in the Hunter's Den. One person stands out to you, a man playing Sabacc with himself. It's obviously the man you're looking for.

Lycan 01
2011-02-25, 09:03 AM
Rorik

Rorik wastes no time making a beeline for the man, but he walks in a very calm and relaxed manner, so as not to spook him or anything. "Excuse me, sir," he says as he gets close to the man playing Sabaac. "Are you Zed the hunter? I was hoping you could help me and my friend with something."

Gourtox
2011-02-25, 10:01 AM
Rorik and Garrett
"Yes, I'm Zed and what do you need help with?"

Lycan 01
2011-02-25, 11:46 AM
Rorik

"I've been told you know where a specific Tusken Raider camp is. Well, me and my friend here were hoping you might be able to give us the coordinates, or at least point us in the right direction," Rorik says with a friendly smile.

Tyrael
2011-02-25, 03:28 PM
Garrett walks up to the table. "Want to deal me in?" he asks the man as he sits down.

Gourtox
2011-02-26, 07:35 AM
Rorik and Garett
"Sure," he says dealing you a hand. Then turning to Rorik he replies, "I might be able to, but you'll have to do something for me once we're done."

Lycan 01
2011-02-26, 12:09 PM
Rorik

The Bothan shrugs. "I don't see why not. What would that favor be?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-26, 11:25 PM
While idling about the main ramp onto the Sandcrawler, Berk speaks into his comlink, "So any of you bantha brains coming? I got some info, don't feel like letting it loose unsecured. So hightail it already."

"Tin Man, this is why I like droids. They are reliable, if a bit boring."

Tyrael
2011-02-27, 02:52 AM
Garrett sits down at the table and waits to be dealt into the game, thinking to ease Zed into revealing his information instead of trying his Bothan companion's heavy-handed approach.

Gourtox
2011-02-27, 01:44 PM
Rorik and Garett
"He deals the cards. how much you wanna bet?" Turning to Rorik once again. "You guys need to get me off of this planet. I don't care where, but just away from here."

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-27, 01:55 PM
Nalur Rolik

Speaking into the comlink, "Sorry we got a little held up, we are approaching the Sandcrawler now. What do you have that is so important? I didn't find out anything useful."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-02-27, 02:43 PM
Seeing the Twi'lek approach, "Well I've got good news and bad news."

Then with a smirk, "Good news, I've found out where the Tuskens are at, and got us a ride. Bad news Sandcrawlers are really slow."

Tyrael
2011-02-27, 03:51 PM
"12 credits," Garrett grunts in response, drawing his cards. "Why do you need to get out of here?"

Atrum Umbra
2011-02-27, 06:50 PM
Nalur Rolik

"A Sandcrawler! Wouldn't it be better if, I don't know, we were dragged along behind a landspeeder on our face. Nevermind if that's what they are offering then I suppose I'm grateful."

Lycan 01
2011-02-28, 12:30 AM
Rorik

Rorik shrugs. "We don't exactly have a ride right now, but if I get my hands on a ship, I'll see about giving you a ride. You got a bounty on your head or anything I should know about? Or is this just a case of wanting to start a new life and make a new living?"

Gourtox
2011-02-28, 09:04 PM
Rorik and Garett
You win the game and get 24 credits. "Just my luck. And as to why I wish to leave. I'm tired of this stinking sand covered planet. Nothing good ever happens here and with hunting restricted I've grown bored. So do we have a deal?"

Lycan 01
2011-03-01, 08:02 AM
Rorik

"I don't see a problem with it," the Bothan shrugs. "We need the info to get off planet, you need off planet to give the info. Seems like a fair trade..."

Tyrael
2011-03-01, 05:03 PM
Garrett nods and stands up. "Keep the creds, Zed. We have a deal."

Atrum Umbra
2011-03-01, 07:24 PM
Nalur Rolik

"So do we have a plan at all, are are we just going to walk in and ask nicely where the Death Dealers are? Or are we just going to kill them all and hope we find out where to go next?"

Gourtox
2011-03-01, 07:47 PM
Rorik and Garett
"Thanks. Well it isn't info as much as it is I can take you there. You'll need transportation to get close enough though. As soon as you have some we can head out there."

Lycan 01
2011-03-01, 08:04 PM
Rorik

"Would you like to accompany us to meet the rest of our group? They may have procured a ride for us..." Rorik shrugs. "Actually, lemme check."

Rorik then raises his wrist and tries to hail the rest of the team on his comm-link. "Hey, anybody found us a ride? My source can get us there, we just need transportation."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-01, 08:45 PM
Looking at Nalur, "Well we have to keep them from helping the Death Dealers, so we might as well wipe them out."

Speaking into his comlink, "Got that covered as well gained some info, we're waiting for you at the Crawler."

Lycan 01
2011-03-01, 09:05 PM
"Crawler? As in, Sand Crawler? Well, glad we're not in a hurry to get to our destination..." Rorik playfully snarks over the comm-link.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-02, 04:56 AM
"Hell, if you wanna walk go ahead and get to stepping."

Lycan 01
2011-03-02, 03:36 PM
"To the sand crawler, then..." Rorik replies, then gestures at Garrett and their contact to follow him.

Tyrael
2011-03-02, 08:46 PM
Garrett nonchalantly lights up a cigarette and follows them, his bandanna flapping in the Tatooine winds.

KingOfLaughter
2011-03-02, 08:55 PM
John just shrugs and keeps quiet, dealing with thugs was nothing new to him, especially thugs that have every desire to rip you limb from limb while you're not looking.

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-05, 07:11 PM
Opun seeing Garrett and Rorik approach Berk goes to great them, "Finally you two show up, we've been waiting for you. I'vew found someone to take us to where the Tuskens are. We can go smash them, then hit the Death Dealers."

Lycan 01
2011-03-05, 11:13 PM
"And we've found a guy who knows how to get there," Ralix replies upon his arrival. "Sounds like everything is coming together quite well!"

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-06, 03:14 PM
"Yea, what does he want for it?"

Lycan 01
2011-03-06, 03:26 PM
"Off the planet..." Rorik shrugs. "I figure it shouldn't be too hard."

Gourtox
2011-03-08, 07:57 PM
The sand crawler takes out into the desert. For roughly twenty hours you sit on small cushions watching the Jawas run this way and that saying various things with the most popular subject being droids and complaining about the droids or sleep. Then the Sandcrawler stops and lets you off. You are still in the middle of the desert, good thing you have a guide with you. Roughly half an hour of walking later you reach the outskirts of the village. There are roughly twelve huts and a fire. Four Tuskens sit around the fire, apparently on guard. "The rest must be sleeping. You go what you need to do."

They are unaware of your presence and within short range

Lycan 01
2011-03-08, 09:26 PM
"Lets be strategic about this..." Rorik suggests, crouching low and drawing his blaster. "Perhaps we should split up, and attack from two different directions? If we flank them and catch them by surprise, we'll definitely have the advantage. We should watch out for hostages, though. They may have captured a local or two... Anybody got a grenade or anything we might could use on the campfire guys, though?"

Tyrael
2011-03-08, 10:55 PM
Garrett grins. "Taking out guards to sneak in somewhere is my specialty." Pulling out his silenced slugthrower, Garrett crouches down, sighting on one of the Tuskens by the campfire. A tiny red laser dot centers on the guard's head as he takes aim. "A silenced slug is almost impossible to detect. If you guys use blasters they'll be onto you in seconds. I can shoot them from here, or sneak up to take them out in close quarters," he growls. "Your choice."

Lycan 01
2011-03-08, 10:59 PM
Rorik shakes his head frantically. "Don't let them see the dot, not until we're in position! The moment you drop one, anyway, the rest will raise the alarm..."

Tyrael
2011-03-09, 01:08 AM
Garrett reaches onto his pistol and flicks a switch, disabling the aiming laser.

Atrum Umbra
2011-03-09, 06:43 PM
Nalur Rolik

"We should try to take them all out at the same time. If one survives then they are likely to sound the alarm. We should pick a target each and shoot at the same time and hopefully we won't wake the rest of the camp. The noise from our blasters shouldn't wake anybody up if we are far enough away from the tents." Nalur thought for a moment hoping what he said was right, he knew little of stealth.
"Or of course we can just send in the Jedi, their power is legendary right."

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-09, 08:32 PM
Looking at Nalur and Rolik, "That plan does have merit, parts of it more than others. No way will we be able to drop all four at once guaranteed at that range. But Scarface can drop one for sure. I say we hold here for a bit let him do some re-con, see what is in those tents and what kind of terrain we have to work with."

Turning and looking at Garrett, "See if you can find a nice little overlook with a difficult approach that will box in pursuers. If we can lure them into a kill box and the clanker and light them up. I figure to draw them by firing at them, preferably when you're dropping one or two at the camp. They should focus in on me giving you a chance to bail out, or pick off stragglers."

Gourtox
2011-03-13, 08:48 AM
As you start to move into position one of the Tuskens gets up and walks away from the huts. It sems he is going to releive himself in the sandy wastes and has isolated himself from the three remaining tuskens. Everyone thinks it would be a good idea to take him out first.

Tyrael
2011-03-13, 04:14 PM
Garrett narrows his eyes, sighting carefully. "Here goes," he murmurs quietly to the others.

With a tender squeeze of the trigger and a near-silent pew, a bullet streaks towards his target.

[roll0] (+1 if within 20 squares)
[roll1] (+1 if within 20 squares)

Lycan 01
2011-03-16, 12:58 AM
While Garrett gets ready to take the shot, Rorik tries to sneak a bit closer to the Tusken camp, heading towards the side of the camp opposite the target Tusken so he can flank the Raiders as they go to attack the rest of the team.

Sneak: [roll0]
I think that I'm going to spend a Force Point on my roll, just to be safe.
[roll1]

SNEAK TOTAL: 24

Mo_the_Hawked
2011-03-16, 05:42 PM
Seeing Rorik move, Berk moves to provide him some cover. Reading a shot if things go south.

Stealth
1d20=9

If an alert sounds Berk fires a shot at the easiest target.
[roll0] +1 with PBS
[roll1] +1 with PBS

Gourtox
2011-03-19, 09:17 PM
The Tusken drops without notice and you move into position carefully sneaking around the huts. The three tuskens stare at the fire unaware of what has just occured.

Lycan 01
2011-03-19, 09:20 PM
Rorik hunkers down and waits for the rest of the team to take action. He couldn't make the first move, lest his cover be blown.

Atrum Umbra
2011-03-20, 02:02 PM
Nalur Rolik

Nalur crouched in position, his hand shaking slightly at the thought that he would soon have to take a life. He calmed himself with a few deep breathes, steadied his weapon and prepared to fire.

Initiative [roll0],, will delay action until somebody else shoots.