PDA

View Full Version : How many cohorts?

faceroll
2011-02-12, 01:13 AM
An undead tenth level Thrallherd with Undead Leadership and Dragon Cohort gets 4 cohorts. Is there a way to get more (without having cohorts taking leadership)?

dextercorvia
2011-02-12, 01:18 AM
There is the Wild Cohort feat.

Halae
2011-02-12, 01:21 AM
5 in 1 special! You are the party!

frankly, the only way another player would be able to keep up is if he or she was playing a dread necromancer, with their ungodly pool of Undead HD, depending on how optimized you and your cohorts are

that said, i vaguely remember seeing a planar cohort somewhere, but I might be wrong

faceroll
2011-02-12, 01:22 AM
There is the Wild Cohort feat.

Ooh, nice.

FelixG
2011-02-12, 01:25 AM
I think you can stack standard leadership on there as well to get another cohort

Halae
2011-02-12, 01:26 AM
I think you can stack standard leadership on there as well to get another cohort

Thrallherd gets rid of leadership, but not the other feats

faceroll
2011-02-12, 01:27 AM

Standard leadership doesn't stack with Thrallherd, and Thrallherd is awesome.

dextercorvia
2011-02-12, 01:42 AM
OA has the Great Diplomat (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Great_Diplomat) feat. You gain a cohort 'as though you had taken the leadership feat'.

It has a fluff requirement.

Halae
2011-02-12, 01:56 AM
So wait, the fluff for this guy is so strange;

we have a psionic Rokugani nobleman who likes the undead and is so good at talking that he's attracted even a dragon to his service?

wow

dextercorvia
2011-02-12, 02:04 AM
He also has a pet.

Silva Stormrage
2011-02-12, 02:49 AM
Well the below minions are not exactly cohorts since they aren't explicitly from a Cohort feat but are the same idea since they are formed from Cohorts.

The spell Animate Dread Warrior lets you animate one undead that keeps its class abilities. There is no cap to how many you can have under your control either, they take int and charisma penalties though. Also there is a major XP cost but if you can spell stich yourself than you get one "Cohort" (Or at least an undead with the same abilities as a cohort) than the next day you wait till your new thrallherd thrall shows up and you kill it, animate it, rinse and repeat. So infinite cohorts is the answer :smallbiggrin:

Actually contributing, lvl 5 Thuratamagist gives a planar cohort but it would be hard to qualify for with the build. :smallbiggrin:. Also I think that Thrallherd + any other ability or class that says it doesn't stack with leadership doesn't stack with Undead leadership either since Undead Leadership says it works like leadership for all purposes. Of course this is just a thought exercise so it doesn't really matter :smalltongue:.

Aemoh87
2011-02-12, 04:56 PM
I don't think that Undead Leadership works with Thrallherd. But... the OA feat was a great find! It's up there with Eggshell Grenade - Dust.

dextercorvia
2011-02-12, 09:46 PM
The Undead Leadership I read merely says "as if you had taken the Leadership feat." Is this the one from (LM)? I'm checking Realmshelps for a quick lookup, it may be excluding some fluff text.