PDA

View Full Version : Items that grant Precise Shot

Zaydos
2011-02-12, 02:06 AM
Are there any? I was trying to figure out a way for a PC to get Precise Shot without going through taking two feats, is there an item that grants it while worn? If not what would be an appropriate price for it?

dariathalon
2011-02-12, 02:16 AM
Well, there's the precise weapon enhancement in Magic Item Compendium. For a +1 enhancement it can be placed on any ranged weapon. Should suit most needs.

Zaydos
2011-02-12, 02:25 AM
Well, there's the precise weapon enhancement in Magic Item Compendium. For a +1 enhancement it can be placed on any ranged weapon. Should suit most needs.

Thanks, I knew I'd seen one but I thought it was a bracer or gauntlet and when it came up during the game I couldn't find one. It might take him a level to get it, but that's still better than two feats.

The_Snark
2011-02-12, 02:26 AM
Complete Mage has a rod that will give you the effects of Precise Shot with regards to spells and spell-like abilities; useful if you use a lot of ray spells. Won't help you if you're looking to use actual ranged weapons, though.

Zaydos
2011-02-12, 02:32 AM
Complete Mage has a rod that will give you the effects of Precise Shot with regards to spells and spell-like abilities; useful if you use a lot of ray spells. Won't help you if you're looking to use actual ranged weapons, though.

And I'm pretty sure that was the item I was actually thinking of since I remembered it was something I looked at for a warlock. Might throw it in for the warlock, though. She's been mostly using Eldritch Glaive but she mixes in Eldritch Blast when it's more convenient and the rod would be useful to her.

Thanks.

Reaver225
2011-03-28, 10:59 AM
If you use an item to get Precise Shot, does it apply even if you're not using the item?

For example if you've got a bow with Precise weapon enhancement, and you want to fire rays into melee, does the bow allow you to do that even if you're only holding it in one hand?

Ah, and furthermore, how much would it cost for something like this to be cast on a normal masterwork composite bow?

Thanks for any information!

averagejoe
2011-03-28, 12:37 PM
The Mod They Call Me: This belongs in 3.X.

Keld Denar
2011-03-28, 12:39 PM
Relevant Thread is Relevant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192751)

Draz74
2011-03-28, 06:51 PM
Note that, by RAW, a Precise Splitting Weapon doesn't let you use the Splitting enhancement (unless you also have the actual feat for some reason).

Since I consider Splitting cheese anyway, this doesn't bother me much, so I'm quite happy to use Precise bows on feat-starved archer builds.

Reaver225
2011-03-29, 08:43 AM
Ah, right, thanks!