PDA

View Full Version : Improving Flurry

Loki Eremes
2011-02-12, 02:43 AM
Well Playgrounders.

I googled a bit by now and looked at different books but i cant find feats, skills or items related to Monk's class feature: Flurry of Blows.

So tell me guys, what feats, spells and other stuff you know to enhance FoB?
(damage, AR, number of attacks, reducing combat time, etc)

Hazzardevil
2011-02-12, 03:08 AM
I don't belive theres anything that can improve flurry specifically.
The only things I can think of that can improve it is the generic fighters items.
Belt of battle allows you to have an extra flurry per round once per day though so that is the best thing I can think of for it.

In my opinoin flurry is quite easy to improve.
See if your DM will approve of my monk fix for the game if you like, it's in my sig.

Hida Reju
2011-02-12, 03:24 AM
Well there is very little that specifically relates to Flurry of blows. Almost anything you do is a house rule or DM ruling to help out the monk.

I can say things like spell buffs, flanking, ect for attack or damage but those apply to everything not just flurry of blows.

Different house rules I have seen applied to Flurry are the following.

Any ability or feat that can be applied to a full round attack action can be applied to Flurry of blows. This includes Haste and Two Weapon fighting.

Flurry of blows as a standard action, Get rid of all attacks due to BAB but add the attacks you get from Flurry of blows with the normal penalties. This allows monks to be the Mobile attack platform they were intended to be.

Hope that helps.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-02-12, 03:33 AM
There are a few feats out there that let you perform a flurry with non-monk weapons... Two-Bladed Sword, Polearm, longspear, and Longsword to be exact. And complete Warrior has the Sun School feat... That's the only one I know that really does anything, and it's really almost nothing... You can move someone back 5 feet if you hit them with your first two flurry attacks... It's very eh.

Also consider trying to find a way to get Pounce.

HunterOfJello
2011-02-12, 04:52 AM
Snap Kick from ToB gives an extra unarmed attack and -2 to all attacks that around. It turns your Greater Flurry into a Greaterer Flurry.

Superior Unarmed Strike from ToB increases your Unarmed Strike Damage as if you were a Monk four levels higher.

Pole Fighter from the Dragon Compendium lets you do a Flurry of Blows with the polearm of your choice. Which weapons actually count as pole arms? Hell if I know.

Unorthox Flurry from Dragon Compendium lets you do a Flurry with a Light Weapon of your choice. (Claws can be a good pick for this one.)

Sun School is a tactical feat from Completely Warrior for using flurry of blows, but the feat isn't very good.

There are a few other Flurry of Blows feats from the Eberron Campaign Settingthat allow you to use new weapons with the ability:

Double Steel Strike - flurry Longsword
Serpent Strike - flurry with Longspear
Double Steel Strike - flurry with Two-bladed Sword

Hazzardevil
2011-02-12, 07:30 AM
Snap Kick from ToB gives an extra unarmed attack and -2 to all attacks that around. It turns your Greater Flurry into a Greaterer Flurry.

Superior Unarmed Strike from ToB increases your Unarmed Strike Damage as if you were a Monk four levels higher.

Pole Fighter from the Dragon Compendium lets you do a Flurry of Blows with the polearm of your choice. Which weapons actually count as pole arms? Hell if I know.

Unorthox Flurry from Dragon Compendium lets you do a Flurry with a Light Weapon of your choice. (Claws can be a good pick for this one.)

Sun School is a tactical feat from Completely Warrior for using flurry of blows, but the feat isn't very good.

There are a few other Flurry of Blows feats from the Eberron Campaign Settingthat allow you to use new weapons with the ability:

Double Steel Strike - flurry Longsword
Serpent Strike - flurry with Longspear
Double Steel Strike - flurry with Two-bladed Sword

The best polearm to use is the halberd, if you take twf, weapon focus halberd and combat reflexes you can take 2 feats for extra attacks, one of which works with any polearm and only requires twf and theres spinning halberd in CW.

SurlySeraph
2011-02-12, 03:50 PM
The Shou Disciple PrC has full BAB and progresses Flurry, and gets Flurry with normal weapons; Monk 6/ Shou Disciple 5 is unoptimized but respectable. Fewer levels in Monk and more in full BAB classes improve it.