PDA

View Full Version : How would flurry of blows work with sneak attack?

TechnOkami
2011-02-12, 03:21 AM
Of course you're using that monk feat so you can gain levels of rogue, but mechanically how would the two work?

Reynard
2011-02-12, 03:30 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking. Why would it work differently to normal?

If they're denied their Dex bonus to AC (and aren't immune), then you'll deal Sneak Attack damage. Flurry of Blows just gives you another attack.

Hida Reju
2011-02-12, 03:51 AM
Gestalt Monk/Rogues are amusing to me for this very action along with UMD as a full class skill. Just make sure you give up evasion with an ACF on one of the two classes.

Cog
2011-02-12, 08:10 AM
Just make sure you give up evasion with an ACF on one of the two classes.
Exemplars of Evil has a very nice one for the Monk evasion (and it doesn't actually require you to be evil): invisibility for a round, once every three rounds.

Tael
2011-02-12, 08:52 AM
Uh, you hit people a bunch of times with sneak attack? It's no different than normal.

Dreadn4ught
2011-02-12, 08:56 AM
I see not what you are asking. Unarmed strikes can deal sneak attack damage. Flurry of Blows doesn't change this.

TechnOkami
2011-02-12, 12:43 PM
Um... let me clarify.

Flurry of blows allows you to strike multiple times. Could sneak attack be enabled with each strike for sneak attack damage?

Hawk7915
2011-02-12, 12:51 PM
Yep. Just like TWF, if you can set up the circumstances where an enemy is flanked or denied dexterity to AC, you can Flurry/Sneak Attack to your hearts content. You can do this entirely without taking levels in Monk by just carrying two shortswords and spending a few feats :smalltongue:. Make sure to take Craven!

ScionoftheVoid
2011-02-12, 12:53 PM
Um... let me clarify.

Flurry of blows allows you to strike multiple times. Could sneak attack be enabled with each strike for sneak attack damage?

Yes, the same as any other way of getting more attacks. If you attack and qualify for sneak attack then you deal sneak attack damage, why wouldn't it work like that?:smallconfused:

Panon
2015-02-09, 10:25 AM
Guys, isan`t sneak atack a standard action?

I mean, I belive you cannot make more then 1 atack because then you would not being using the stardard action that is sneak atack...

ExLibrisMortis
2015-02-09, 10:44 AM
Guys, isan`t sneak atack a standard action?

I mean, I belive you cannot make more then 1 atack because then you would not being using the stardard action that is sneak atack...
No, sneak attack is just bonus damage. There are some special attacks that take a special action, but not SA. Even the assassin's death attack doesn't take a special action. It requires three rounds of study beforehand, but you could flurry a flat-footed enemy and death attack them on the 5th attack, assuming the first four missed.

Eldan
2015-02-09, 10:50 AM
One should perhaps ask which edition we're talking about here? In 3.5, it's not a problem, sneak attack is just an effect that gets added to certain attacks. Might be different in other editions.

TechnOkami
2015-02-09, 04:24 PM
I appreciate the posts guys, but this thread is three years old. :P

Haruki-kun
2015-02-09, 07:47 PM
Indeed.

The Winged Mod: Thread closed.