PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatar

Trouser
2011-02-12, 04:06 PM
I am looking for someone to make me a custom avatar. Who should I speak to about this?

Savannah
2011-02-12, 04:17 PM
Request an OotS-style avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173776) thread in Arts and Crafts.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-12, 04:21 PM
For oots avatars:
Either contact someone who draws avatars (some are advertising in their signatures, and most people indicate who made theirs) or you could make a post in the "request an oots avatar thread" in the "Arts and Crafts" forum.

For non-oots:
Well, you could possibly make a thread in the arts and crafts forum specifying that you want a non-oots avatar, or hunt down someone who you see makes them.

Trouser
2011-02-14, 04:07 PM
Do I need to pay for this service, or could I get it done for no charge?

Temotei
2011-02-14, 04:09 PM
Do I need to pay for this service, or could I get it done for no charge?

It's free.

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-14, 05:09 PM
But we sure wouldn't mind pay!:smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2011-02-14, 05:24 PM
It's free.

This is communist mutie traitor proganda. Don't believe them citizen. You are required to put credits in your signature, acknowleding the one who draw your "avatar" forever and ever. This constitutes treason. Treason is punishable by execution. Report traitors at your nearest confesion booth right away and earn extra credits yourself. Friend Computer has trust in you.

((In so much words, yeah, it's free :smalltongue: ))

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-14, 05:28 PM
But we sure wouldn't mind pay!:smallbiggrin:
... well I actually would - hobby-avatarist as I am. It would take it to an other level entirely regarding seriousness.
Not that many would be interested to pay the prize I would have to charge to make it even remotely worth the time spent in addition to the effort needed to be able to get payed in the first place. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-02-15, 02:35 AM
Free, but, as alluded to:
1. Be polite and grateful.
2. Put credit in your signature unless told you don't have to. It's just good manners.
3. Don't alter your avatar without permission - by all means do a new version of it, but don't take their work and change it if they don't say you can.
4. This is less general, but it can be nice to offer the original creator first chance to do a new version of the same avatar. This is especially true if it was an original creation of theirs (as opposed to, e.g., a specific request based on your own idea).