PDA

View Full Version : Pregenerated Ideas and Help

Vknight
2011-02-12, 04:41 PM
After all the help I have gotten earlier when I asked for help making villians for my 'Evil Campaign' I come back once more to the playgrounders, I'm in need of help.
As for what happened the evil campaign it could be given a Darwin award, but that is not the big issue.
The big issue is the fact after it happened the second time in the same session it became obvious to me that my players cannot do an evil campaign.

So when we next met 1week to 1week and 3days from now. I need pregenerated characters. Why because I said I would do that, yes bad idea.
The following things I do know.
1) this will not be an evil campaign.
2) less casters the better the reason being only 4of my players like playing casters.
3) I'm once more dealing with my full group
4) I really don't have any ideas
5) They each gave me something they wanted
6) They will either be Level6 or 7

Here are what my players each individually want for there character.

Number (1)
He wants his character to fly as quickly as possible that is his only goal
Number (2)
Big guy levels fighter, barbarian, and other stuff not very bright
Number (3)
Wants to play something like a Monk. A boxer of sometype wants as much strength as possible so a Template that helps would be good
Number (4)
A Druid. She will play a Druid as her base
Number (5)
A Rouge, and whatever else to emphsize skill monkey and knowledge abilities. Probably wants to be a Half something
Number (6)
Will make his own character but will probably be a bard or something similar
Number (7)
A guy that likes highly mobile people and psionics

I would post what books I own so you could help but lets just say I have most of them.

Thanks to any that try and those that do help I apreciate it and so does my head.

Jopustopin
2011-02-12, 04:49 PM
Here is #6 because he's the only one who doesn't want to have us make a build for him:

Tibbit Dragonfire Adept 6.
1) Entangling Exhalation
3) Obtain Familiar
6) Ability Focus: Breath

Vknight
2011-02-12, 04:56 PM
It's really my fault for agreeing to make there characters, this one time.

erikun
2011-02-12, 04:58 PM
I'm afraid it's been awhile since I make up characters, so I hope you will excuse me if there are any problems.

1.) Warlock gets flight at-will, along with invisibility and several other goodies, from what I recall. I don't think he can grant it to others, though.

2.) There is a Lion Totem Barbarian (not in the SRD) that had Pounce as a 1st level ability. This will help tremendously at running up and hitting things a lot. Barbarian 2/Fighter works just fine, although there is a Barbarian/Paladin prestige class if you want to get fancy.

3.) I will leave this to someone else. I'm sure that there are ways to enhance your fists beyond Monk levels - Kensai prestige class? - so you don't need to be a Monk if they just want to fight bare-handed. Unarmed Swordsage from ToB is another option. Vow of Poverty generally doesn't work as a solution, though.

4.) I'm pretty sure PHB2 has wildshape variants for the Druid. The SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) has a wildshape Ranger variant class. Just plain old druid is actually quite good by itself, and doesn't need anything specific beyond Natural Spell.

5.) Rogue, Bard, Factorium, and Psychic Rogue (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) all come to mind.

6.) Bard/Warblade with the Song of the White Raven feat is generally very good. Bard itself can work very will with various feats enhancing bardic music (Snowflake Wardance comes to mind immediately.)

7.) Monastic Training + Tashalatora (from Secrets of Sarlona) are a pair of feats which allows any one psionic class to progress some of the Monk's abilities. Very common is the Monk 2/Psychic Warrior. I don't recall if fast movement is one of the abilities that is progressed, though.

Waker
2011-02-12, 05:01 PM
I can toss out some general ideas for now and you can tell what you want expanded upon.

His base race would probably be Dragonborn with wings or a Raptoran. Improved Flight would probably help with his maneuverability. Most classes with Fast Movement specifically add to Land speed, but Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium) just adds to speed. From the same book comes the Aerial Avenger, a prc focusing on flying.

Goliath is a fine for a big dumb guy, same with Half-Giant or some monstrous progression for certain races. Barbarian is a good choice. Other classes like Fighter, Ranger or Rogue do compliment it for a a level dip or two.

Wants to play something like a Monk. A boxer of sometype wants as much strength as possible so a Template that helps would be good
Everyone who replies to this will say Unarmed Swordsage. A potentially good monk/fighter type would be a Tiger Shen from Dragon 319. Basically you are a shapeshifting monk who has a Stunning Fist that is based off your strength.

Did you need help with this one or is she fine?

A Rouge, and whatever else to emphsize skill monkey and knowledge abilities. Probably wants to be a Half something
A skill monkey that is half-something? Well, the skillmonkeys are Rogue, Ninja, Scout, Spellthief, Trapfinding Ranger and Factotum. Depending on what kinda of fighting he wants to do will determine which class is best.

A guy that likes highly mobile people and psionics
Psionics ain't my cup of tea, but I'm sure Psyren will come in here shortly and tell you what's best.

Lateral
2011-02-12, 05:06 PM
Highly mobile plus psionics pretty much equals Tashalatora Monk/Ardent.

Starbuck_II
2011-02-12, 05:06 PM
Number (1)

Dragonborn, Avariel (winged elf), Winged template, Raptorean, etc.
Dragonborn (wings option)/Raptoran mean you have gliding at 1st, but at 5th you can fly some.

This is if you really want to avoid casting as Fly is a spell/power.

Number (2)

Easy, just be a non-smart warrior.
Without any restrictions I'd do Barbarian, Knight, or Totomist.
Mineral warrior increases Str, but lowers mental stats (1 LA)

Number (3)

Mineral Warrior Barbarian with superior unarmed strike (unarmed progression) and snap kick (extra attack with unarmed strike when you hit enemy).

A Monk 1/2 Ogre Template on a human has +12 Str (1 La), but the mental penalties might mess with AC (lowering Wis to AC)

Number (4)

[/quote]
Fine be a Druid. Any variant or just a Druid?

Number (5)

Cosmetics? Oh rogue.

Number (6)
Will make his own character but will probably be a bard or something similar

Bards can be good depends on source material.

Number (7)
A guy that likes highly mobile people and psionics[/SPOILER]

Elocuter? It is Prc that lets you levitate all the time 5 ft off ground, very mobile class.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 05:18 PM
Thanks

I'm just posting the Druid's player for completness much like the guy that will actually make his character, she knows what she wants to be and what she will do and can do.

As for the Half something. Half-Dragon, Half-Fiend, a little something unique that is just her. Rouge will be good but something more that little extra for survivability.

I'll check out Elocutter seems good from what I remeber if thats what I'm thinking about.

I love the suggestions for the Monk and Barbarian.
I do not remeber what book 'snap kick' is within.

erikun
2011-02-12, 05:22 PM
The Elocater (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm)

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with snap kick right off hand. I can't tell you which book it is in.

Jopustopin
2011-02-12, 05:23 PM
A Half-Ogre Factotum with Improved Trip wielding a Guisarme would have:

1) Reach
2) +4 Size Bonus
3) +5(ish) Strength Bonus
4) +4 Improved Trip Bonus
5) +3 or 4 Intelligence Bonus

For a skill monkey that wants a little extra oomph:

Half-Ogre Factotum 6 (ECL 8)
1: Combat Expertise
3: Improved Trip
6: Font of Inspiration/Knowledge Devotion

With the skill trick: Slipping Past he no longer has to worry about being large.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 05:30 PM
Thanks Erikun now to create the build 1or so levels in that class probably psychic warrior levels and something else.

I love your build idea Jopustopin problem being my player she would never go for it.

I realized I forgot this important note of the Roguish character, she likes, lithe thin the Fair Folk type races.

Waker
2011-02-12, 05:34 PM
While the Half-Ogre does have some nice bonuses, the +1 LA and -2 to int would make it iffy for a Factotum.

I realized I forgot this important note of the Roguish character, she likes, lithe thin the Fair Folk type races.
She likes the Fair Folk? Well, race-wise that would be all the variants of elf, an oft overlooked race is Uldra from Frostburn (+1 LA, ice fey). Can't think of too many else right now, aside from the Half-Fey template.

Had another idea for this guy. Go with Warforged Crusader and then into Warforged Juggernaut. A big, dumb and nigh-unkillable tank.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 05:38 PM
Yeah anything that has that idea, long life span, beautiful, because she becomes the parties public face, more often then not, also helps she loves them.

As for this Half-Fey template I don't know were that is or rather what book. It's been some time.

Waker
2011-02-12, 05:42 PM
Half-Fey template is from Fiend Folio. LA +2. Bonuses to dex, wis, cha and a penalty to con. Buncha SLA, low-light vision and immunity to enchantment spells and effects.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 05:51 PM
Awesome I will check that out

As I said its been some time

Waker
2011-02-12, 05:55 PM
I forgot to mention the Half-Fey have butterfly wings too, flight speed is twice base land speed, good maneuverability.

Jopustopin
2011-02-12, 06:09 PM
Thanks Erikun now to create the build 1or so levels in that class probably psychic warrior levels and something else.

I love your build idea Jopustopin problem being my player she would never go for it.

With Slipping Past she would be lithe.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 06:16 PM
Trust me she still wouldn't go for it.

Jopustopin
2011-02-12, 06:41 PM
Half-Orc Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Crusader 3

Barbarian: Lion Totem Varian (Complete Champion)
Fighter: Hit-N-Run Variant (Drow of the Underdark)
Crusader:

Maneuvers Known:
Leading the Attack
Battle Leader's Charge
Douse the Flames
Mountain Hammer
Vanguard Strike
White Raven Tactics
Stance:
Leading the Charge
Iron Guard's Glare

Feats:
1) Power Attack
3) Improved Bull Rush
3) Extra Rage/Improved Initiative
4) Headlong Rush (Races of Faerun)
6) Shock Trooper

If he can he should try to get the skill trick: Twisted Charge

Amnestic
2011-02-12, 07:02 PM
Half-Fey template is from Fiend Folio. LA +2. Bonuses to dex, wis, cha and a penalty to con. Buncha SLA, low-light vision and immunity to enchantment spells and effects.

While we're on the topic of Fey templates, there's the Seelie Court Fey and Unseelie Fey templates from Dragon Compendium; the former requires a Fey creature (100% fey ancestry) while the latter can be applied to any living creature - but its alignment is Always Evil.

Waker
2011-02-12, 07:09 PM
While we're on the topic of Fey templates, there's the Seelie Court Fey and Unseelie Fey templates from Dragon Compendium; the former requires a Fey creature (100% fey ancestry) while the latter can be applied to any living creature - but its alignment is Always Evil.
Excellent find. I had forgotten about those templates.

Vknight
2011-02-12, 07:19 PM
I'll check those out as well.

Hawk7915
2011-02-12, 07:24 PM
For #3:
Stony (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e) Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs) Barbarian 5/Fist of the Forest 1
Stat Modifiers: +6 Str, +6 Con, -4 Int, -4 Wis, -4 Cha

Barbarian: Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) variant; Bear Totem (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bearTotemClassFeatures ) variant
Fist of the Forest: PrC in Complete Champion; grants Constitution to AC while unarmored, greatly boosts Unarmed Strike damage, and you get Uncanny Dodge back.

Feats:
1: Improved Unarmed Strike
3: Power Attack
6: Snap-kick (Tome of Battle: Bonus kick attack when making an attack)

The Bear Totem loses Trap Sense, Fast Movement, and Uncanny Dodge, but gains Great Fortitude and Improved Grapple as bonus feats. Toughness too, but meh.

Build notes:
- You need a 10 starting Int to ensure you keep 2 skill points/level; you'll struggle to max out Survival and Handle Animal without this especially if you still want ranks in other important skills.

- Debatable, but Superior Unarmed Strike (Tome of Battle) could grant even more unarmed strike damage. Consider that as the next feat known.

- One you finish Fist of the Forest, your options in order of relative power are Warblade levels, Initiate of Draconic Mysteries levels (Draconomicon, requires Alertness and some steep skill prereqs), Bear Warrior levels (you already meet all qualifications, or will at level 7), more Barbarian levels, or a dip into Fighter for MOAR feats.

- Alternative build: Be a Dwarf instead of a Water Orc; you'll start with way less of a strength boost but also less of a hit to Int and Wis, and you'll qualify for the "Deepwarden" class (Races of Stone) to get DOUBLE con to AC.

- Cheese: Nothing here would stop you from also being a Dragonborn; you'd pick up a handy dragon aspect and another +2 constitution and lose practically nothing.