PDA

View Full Version : Steve's Voices IC

Viera Champion
2011-02-12, 07:21 PM
Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186792)
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10362566#post10362566)

This is Steve. Steve has voices in his head. This voices are you.

Steve's alarm rings. It's time for another miserable day of work. What should Steve do? Should he get up and start getting ready? Should he sleep in and call in sick later? It's a new day for Steve and a new day for the voices.

Mother
Rise and shine Steve darling! It's a bright new day. Come now, get up and get ready honey.

Begin.

(Psst... Remember that's not the actual mother. That's the voice in Steve's head that I play. Steve DOES NOT live with his parents.:smalltongue:)

Jesse Drake
2011-02-12, 07:37 PM
"Get up, you lazy sack of bones. Don't go slacking off just cause you're mother's not here to wake you up and get you some toast and O.J.." Manliness sort of drifts off at the end of his sentence. Then, he chimes in again- this time yelling a short order, yet perhaps the most important of the day. "Go get a cup of black coffee!"

Zealumieo
2011-02-12, 07:47 PM
"WHEWT! Get up Get UP GET UP!" The voice rocks back and forth excitedly, "Wheres that sugary cereal? Wheres the hot chocolate?!? Faster you're up the more we get to do."

Theres almost tactile visualization as the voice continues, "Are those birds singing? Are there Dragons and T-rexes out there for you to conquer? C'mon lets get up and Kick ass! Awesome dream by the way, I try to do my best ya?"

Mordae
2011-02-12, 07:53 PM
"No girl is ever going to like you if you can't act like a man," Angst reminds him in words needle-sharp through his brain, agreeing for once with Manliness. "You know Sheila in Accounts Payable is just drooling all over Biff, and it's not just because he makes twice as many sales as you, or can bench-press a Camry..." She drifts off, stifling a yawn. "Now go swill some of that bitter brew, it might put hair on your chest."

Greystone
2011-02-12, 08:03 PM
"ARISE FOOL! You do not honestly think that your plans for World Domination will work without cold hard money! Just think... if you work hard then perhaps this month you will finally perfect that freeze way.

And while your at it, turn Biff into an Icicle. "

IcemanJRC
2011-02-12, 08:47 PM
Optimism

Come on silly! You've gotta get up! Because if you get up then you can get to work on time, if you get to work on time the boss will be impressed, if you impress the boss thenyou'll get a promotion, if you get a promotion then Sheila will be impressed, and if you impress Sheila then you can finally get a date, and on that date she will realize that we are the most magnificent person and fall in love with us! Won't that just be swell?! So get up, get up, get up!
Optimism says loudly, hardly stopping to breath, he feels so GREAT today and everything is just wonderful! So he decided that he would pass this great feeling onto Steve and his other personalities.

canjowolf
2011-02-12, 09:45 PM
"Get up Steve. Steve get up. Get up man. Get up dude. Get up Steve. I'm not going away. Get up Steve. Get up, get up Steve. It's time to get up Steve. Get up Steve. Time to get up Steve. Arise my man. Get up Steve. I'm going to keep talking until you get up. Get up Steve. It's time to get up....." Steve learned long ago that the only way to get himself out of bed was to give himself an incentive, in this case getting his voice of reason to shut up and stop annoying him with it's repetitive commands. Coffee might help him wake up, but he still had to leave bed to get coffee.

Mordae
2011-02-12, 09:51 PM
"Oh, put a sock in it, Reason!" snaps Angst. "Honestly, I don't know which of you is worse, you or Optimism. Steve's not going anywhere until he has a good cry." She giggles, bringing up a mental image of Sheila's inane, air-headed giggling over a lunchtime joke. "Besides, women like men who can show their blotchy-faced, puffy-eyed feelings, right?"

Cardea
2011-02-12, 09:53 PM
"Man. Early in the morning and getting yelled at by eight voices? That must suck. THIS MAKES EIGHT, IF YOU COULDN'T TELL." Wit says, sitting down in the chair he gave himself inside of his mind.

IcemanJRC
2011-02-12, 10:07 PM
Optimism

Oh Angst! You're always so negative. Lighten up! Besides, the ladies love strong, confident, smart, funny, good looking guys. Not terrible, whiny, little twerps. So Stevie boy's gonna wake up, get himself all clean and presentable, then grab a nice coffee beverage and head of to work.
Optimism grins at Angst widely.
But first he has to WAKE UP!

Viera Champion
2011-02-12, 10:23 PM
Mother <---- SEE!

I'm the mother of all of you sweeties, and I love you all equally, SO STOP FIGHTING!
Scary...:smalleek:

Mordae
2011-02-12, 10:55 PM
Angst

"Well, fine!" There's a mental image of a door slamming as Angst goes off to sulk in her dark corner of Steve's skull.

Jesse Drake
2011-02-12, 11:07 PM
Manliness

"And that's why Steve gave up on being all angsty- only a loser gives up like that. There's no fight in ya!" He laughs a hearty laugh, then says "Now listen to Mother and shut up- I think Steve has all the information he needs- get his lazy butt out of bed, and get himself some black coffee. Right Steve-o?"

Lizard Lord
2011-02-13, 12:27 AM
Sloth

"Don't get up Steve. Work is hard. Don't you just want to go back to sleep? I know I would."

Steve's sloth then makes a loud yawning sound in his head.

smuchmuch
2011-02-13, 01:35 AM
Depression

Oh Steve, your eyelids are heavy, your legs hurts.
You remember when you used to rush out of bed, just like that, when you knew today was going to be a good day ? I guess the fire went out when you lost any chance of a worthwile future, you have a dead end job, your 'girlfriend' hasn't called in how long ? you don't have any friends and you'll never amount to anything better now. Is it really worth waking up ?

You should stay in bed a little more; You'll feel all better, you'll see. Just five little minutes, has never hurted anyone, right ?

Viera Champion
2011-02-13, 08:07 AM
Steve decides to stay asleep just a little bit longer before getting up. When he does, he notices the note on his bedside table. It's the number of a girl he met last night.

Steve has an hour to get ready. Should he eat breakfast first? What should he eat? Take a shower? Call the girl? What order she he do things in?

IcemanJRC
2011-02-13, 10:58 AM
Optimism

Alright silly goose, we lost a little time hitting snooze, but we can make up for it! Now we gotta go take a nice shower and get looking good! We want to work our way out of the crowd and stand out. So get clean, pick out a nice outfit and then off to a nice tasty breakfast. Maybe some eggs and coffee...
Optimism grins, excited for another day of possibilities.

Mordae
2011-02-13, 11:25 AM
Angst

"Yeah, a nice COLD shower to wash off all that goofy happy-go-lucky that you just stepped in. But I have a better idea. Why not stare at that number for the next five minutes, knowing it's probably not her real number? Then you can imagine calling her and hearing her boyfriend answer the ring."

Jesse Drake
2011-02-13, 12:21 PM
Manliness

"Steve- that woman wants you to call her dammit! She gave you her number because she's interested. Now, if you don't man up and call the gal, I'm gonna spend all day singing your name to Eye of the Tiger. Steve. Steve Steve Steve. Steve Steve Steve. Steve Steve Steeeve." He pauses for a moment- hoping Steve decides to do the right thing.

Zombiesomg
2011-02-13, 12:32 PM
Trust
"I dunno Manliness, that chicks probably just playing you...I mean why would someone you just met give you her number so quickly?" Trust pauses, before continuing in an enthusiastic voice, "Or better yet maybe we can play her, give her some of her own medicine. Fool around with her for awhile, see what we can get from her, then drop her." Trust shrugs his shoulders and looks around for approval.

Zealumieo
2011-02-13, 12:55 PM
Inner child

"No shower! Eww... its always so cold. Wet. Slippery. Like Auntie's kisses. Anything but that! Who's the lady? Is she nice? I think I was asleep when you were doing rhomanzing? That's how you said it right? Pretty pretty please can I see who she is!? IC takes a moment to actually listen to the other voices,"Playing you? Umm kinda sounds like fun. Tell her you get to be the Knight and she'll be the damsel. But aren't we hungry? Food first, talky later."

canjowolf
2011-02-13, 01:28 PM
Reason

"Shower, make coffee, drink coffee, start oatmeal, don clothes,eat oatmeal and fruit. You can do the shower while still half-asleep, but you should really have some coffee before you pick out your clothes for the day. Oatmeal and fruit will be a good healthy breakfast to start the day and won't take long to make. Don't call the girl now. She's probably just as busy as you are in the morning. Wait at least until tonight to call her. Then you won't seem like a needy idiot. Unless you want to seem like a needy idiot... So, shower first Steve. Don't waste time or you'll end up late to work." Reason continues it's long, rather annoying repetition of what needs to be done and why they should be done.

Greystone
2011-02-13, 02:28 PM
Meglamania

Ignore the girl. She is simply another distraction on your road to world domination! Anyway, she'll call you if she can even fathom your brilliance!

Croverus
2011-02-13, 02:36 PM
Randomness

"We should get tacos... or maybe a burrito... Mmmh... burritos... And I feel purple. All of you are green but not me! Spoon..."

The absolute nonsense that came from Randomness was rather... difficult to figure out if it had any meaning. And he seemed unable to decide what tone to say his sentences in.

UserClone
2011-02-13, 02:51 PM
STEVE, STEVE, STEVE. IT'S OBVIOUS SHE LIKES YOU. YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO IMPRESS HER, LIKE...OOOOH, YOU COULD TELL HER ABOUT THAT TIME YOU WENT FISHING OFF THE COAST OF MEXICO AND YOU CAUGHT ONE OF GODZILLA'S CHILDREN WHICH WAS SIXTY FEET TALL AND YOU KILLED IT WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, BUT IT FELL OFF THE BOAT AND SANK, SO NO ONE SAW IT BUT YOU. C'MON, THAT'S BADASS.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-13, 03:37 PM
Sloth

"Alright Steve if you are going to insist on doing actual work I guess you should have something to eat for breakfest. How about you just grab a donut or bagel or something? That way you don't actually have to prepare anything.

Skip the shower. I'm sure no one will notice if you miss a shower for just one day. Don't bother calling the girl either. Even if it works out, you will have to go on dates with, woe her, remember birthdays and anniversaries. No girl is worth all that."

Viera Champion
2011-02-13, 04:51 PM
Manliness

"Steve- that woman wants you to call her dammit! She gave you her number because she's interested. Now, if you don't man up and call the gal, I'm gonna spend all day singing your name to Eye of the Tiger. Steve. Steve Steve Steve. Steve Steve Steve. Steve Steve Steeeve." He pauses for a moment- hoping Steve decides to do the right thing.

Mother
I only want my Stev hanging out with nice girls, ones with class. There is no way I am letting Steve near that girl.

Trust
"I dunno Manliness, that chicks probably just playing you...I mean why would someone you just met give you her number so quickly?" Trust pauses, before continuing in an enthusiastic voice, "Or better yet maybe we can play her, give her some of her own medicine. Fool around with her for awhile, see what we can get from her, then drop her." Trust shrugs his shoulders and looks around for approval.

Aren't you supposed to be Trust? Because you're acting like Mistrust.

Zombiesomg
2011-02-13, 05:06 PM
Trust
"Hey," Truth says hurtfully, "yeah of course I'm trust. I'm also the lack of trust in this little flirtatious girl. I think Steve should just do it."

Overlord Rion
2011-02-13, 05:32 PM
Anger

Anger bursts in unexpectedly, because that's what he does. "That's it, everybody shut your faces. It's time for some cold hard rage. Steve, that note is an insult. Dismiss the woman. Smolder and think it over while you shower and eat. Work up that rage, and then CHANNEL IT INTO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE."

Zealumieo
2011-02-13, 05:40 PM
STEVE, STEVE, STEVE. IT'S OBVIOUS SHE LIKES YOU. YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO IMPRESS HER, LIKE...OOOOH, YOU COULD TELL HER ABOUT THAT TIME YOU WENT FISHING OFF THE COAST OF MEXICO AND YOU CAUGHT ONE OF GODZILLA'S CHILDREN WHICH WAS SIXTY FEET TALL AND YOU KILLED IT WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, BUT IT FELL OFF THE BOAT AND SANK, SO NO ONE SAW IT BUT YOU. C'MON, THAT'S BADASS.

Inner Child

"Duuuude Epic! We should totally try doing that... But with rocket launchers, popcorn, and a ninja suit!" IC seems completely unperturbed by the obvious lie but seems excited about doing anything totally spectacular. Forget the cootie machine for now... Lets try to eat breakfast the best way... dare you Steve to eat 10 pancakes without barfing. Syrup, butter, and all.

smuchmuch
2011-02-13, 06:20 PM
Depression

Alright silly goose, we lost a little time hitting snooze, but we can make up for it! Now we gotta go take a nice shower and get looking good! We want to work our way out of the crowd and stand out. So get clean, pick out a nice outfit and then off to a nice tasty breakfast. Maybe some eggs and coffee...

Oh you silly goose indeed. We wouldn't stand in a crowd even if we were wearing a cat tied on our head. And setted it on fire. Except maybe to be poiinted and laughed at, but we never needed to dress up for that.

"I dunno Manliness, that chicks probably just playing you...I mean why would someone you just met give you her number so quickly? "

Oh please, what would she play him, of all people, for ?
The secret to stutter in presence of the opposite sex and look like a clwon in all circumstances ?
The money he doesn't have ? It can't be self esteem, dating a wreck will just send the mesage round she hitted rock bottom herself.

No, she was a nice girl; she choose you out of pity Steve, like somme poor puppy on the side on the road because she believe there might be something salvagable.
You can already see it, can't you ? But you can't be honest with yourself becasue that would take GUts. guts you dodn't have so I tell you the score.
Poor girl will invest herself to make you feel better. And in the end whenshe'll realise that there's no deep hidden sensibility waiting to bloom under the shyness here, just an everlasting pool of shallow meekness, she'll dump you like the sad sack you are. And then you'll be alone once again. Except you'll have make someoene else miserable in the process once again.

Do you really want to go through with this Steve and drag her down like the emotional parasite you are ? Then by all mean just call her, the phone is all yours.

It should be noted that if Depression commes up as whiny it's probably more due to loosy writting on the player part.
Depression is a bit different from Angst in that its more playing on the guilt (you are a wreck and you drag everyon down with you, the world will be a better plce once you are gone) angle rather than sadness.

And of course, depression doesn't call itself that way. it call itself (and any voices agreeing with it at the time) 'realism' and all other voice 'Delusions Of Grandeur'

Mordae
2011-02-13, 06:26 PM
Angst

"That's the spirit, Depression. You just didn't remember to remind him about his eleventh-grade 'girlfriend' who seduced him just so she could post pictures of his naked hiney on Facebook. You do remember her, Stevie, right? She was totally out of your league, but you didn't listen to me when I told you she was just going to screw up your life."

Lizard Lord
2011-02-13, 06:34 PM

Steve can feel as if Sloth is rolling his eyes. "Oh yes, Steve should lie about working his ass off with no pay off what so ever. Besides, even if someone does believe it at first, and that is a big if, lies can be hard work to cover up. It's really easier just to be honest."

Anyways, Steve, girls and dating are a pain in the neck. You are better off single. That way no one will ask you why you 'don't take them out anymore'."

IcemanJRC
2011-02-13, 07:20 PM
Optimism

Why are you such a wreck Stevie boy? You need to get in shape! Come on! We can impress anyone with a smile and some positive thoughts.
Optimism smiles wide, his clothes becoming a nice suit and he tightens the tie.
Comeoncomeoncomeon! You just gotta put in the effort!

Lizard Lord
2011-02-13, 07:54 PM
Optimism

Why are you such a wreck Stevie boy? You need to get in shape! Come on! We can impress anyone with a smile and some positive thoughts.
Optimism smiles wide, his clothes becoming a nice suit and he tightens the tie.
Comeoncomeoncomeon! You just gotta put in the effort!

"Are you suggesting Steve tries exercising? Working out is such a pain in the butt! You just wind up all sweaty and tired and have all your muscles ache. And for what? Steve doesn't need to impress anyone. Things are fine exactly the way they are. If it's not broke don't fix it."

smasher0404
2011-02-13, 08:09 PM
You know what would impress her? Setting Stuff on FIRE!!!!! Pyromaniac cackles like a maniac.

Jesse Drake
2011-02-13, 08:41 PM
Manliness

Manliness ignores everyone as they speak- he said what he had to say, and either Steve manned up, and listened to his rugged, and if voices in a head had faces, more handsome side, or he would hear Manliness singing all day long (unless Manliness finds something else to talk about later on). To remind Steve he's not joking, he continues a bit- "...Eye of the Ste-eve!..."

canjowolf
2011-02-13, 08:48 PM
Reason

"Steve, focus. Breakfast, shower, clothes, work. You can figure out what to do about what's her name when you finish work. If it makes you feel better, she'll probably be taking a shower about the same time you will, if you get a move on and actually start your day".

Mordae
2011-02-13, 09:15 PM
Angst

"Not that you'll ever get a look at THAT shower..." Angst giggles wickedly from her corner.

Zealumieo
2011-02-13, 10:35 PM
"Are you suggesting Steve tries exercising? Working out is such a pain in the butt! You just wind up all sweaty and tired and have all your muscles ache. And for what? Steve doesn't need to impress anyone. Things are fine exactly the way they are. If it's not broke don't fix it."

Inner Child

"What? Sit around and do what all day?

Running, jumping, eating, living! They're all fun! Don't you love the feeling of the air across your face, laughing at death, just being wild? C'mon we're not lumps in the ground, you'll be young and healthy forever.

Pfft, anyone who says we're aching like an old man is lying to you. Remember Rock Climbing? Skiing? Bungee Jumping? Those were fricken awesome, and you should try doing some of them again." IC seems to vibrate with a energizing youthful energy, "Now go over, eat breakfast (avoid the gross shower), and take some coffee... Yes it tastes gross black, so add sugar and cream- Coffee lifts you up though Steve... doesn't it?" Inner Child still seems to miss the concept of putting on clothes and not running outside in pajamas.

Croverus
2011-02-14, 01:46 AM
DepressionNo, she was a nice girl; she choose you out of pity Steve, like somme poor puppy on the side on the road because she believe there might be something salvagable.

Randomness

Suddenly hugs Depression, "Where's the puppy?1 Give it to me now!! I want it with bagels!" Then laughs loudly and floats around in circles.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-14, 01:55 AM
Inner Child

"What? Sit around and do what all day?

Running, jumping, eating, living! They're all fun! Don't you love the feeling of the air across your face, laughing at death, just being wild? C'mon we're not lumps in the ground, you'll be young and healthy forever.

Pfft, anyone who says we're aching like an old man is lying to you. Remember Rock Climbing? Skiing? Bungee Jumping? Those were fricken awesome, and you should try doing some of them again." IC seems to vibrate with a energizing youthful energy, "Now go over, eat breakfast (avoid the gross shower), and take some coffee... Yes it tastes gross black, so add sugar and cream- Coffee lifts you up though Steve... doesn't it?" Inner Child still seems to miss the concept of putting on clothes and not running outside in pajamas.

Sloth
"Meh. Those things are overrated. Steve can have just as much fun watching T.V. or playing video games. And he doesn't have to go anywhere to do it."

smuchmuch
2011-02-14, 03:50 AM
Depression

. To remind Steve he's not joking, he continues a bit- "...Eye of the Ste-eve!..."

"Oh yes ,continuous repetitive off tempo singing , that's... perfect" it's actuazly hard tot ell if depression is being deadpan sarcastic or seriously considerening to join in.
"You think he realises just how ghastly he is ?" it 'whispers' to Angst after a few more of 'Eyes of the Steve'. "And they accuse US of driving him to suicide ?"

Mordae
2011-02-14, 08:04 AM
Angst

"Like, totally," Angst replies in her best valley girl voice, mocking Reason's choice of the 1980's as a rallying song. "It's pretty sad when Reason has to resort to madness to stave off insanity."

Viera Champion
2011-02-14, 04:43 PM
Steve decides it best to skip the shower. He really does not want to go to work today, but he feels obliged to. He does not call the girl because he feels as though she is a lying cheat, a theory which has no logical backing I might add. He has a delicious breakfast of coffee. Just coffee. He resists the temptation to go running around in his pajamas, and somehow manages to take up the whole hour just drinking coffee, the lazy bum. Now that he is all energized, he climbs into his car and heads off to work.

What road should he take? Should he listen to the radio? Or should he be dangerous and start texting?

Jesse Drake
2011-02-14, 04:53 PM
Manliness

Steve has no need for the radio, as the whole morning, Manliness spends his time singing Eye of the Steve. And he does so in his terrible singing voice, though damned if he doesn't try like hell.

Overlord Rion
2011-02-14, 06:26 PM
ANGER

"Steve, look at these people and their horrible driving skills! Put your pedal to the metal boy! SHOW THEM HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DRIVE."

Lizard Lord
2011-02-14, 07:27 PM
Sloth
"Take your time Steve. Driving may not be that fun, but its better than the work you will have to do when you get there."

Mordae
2011-02-14, 08:05 PM
Angst

"Yeah, Stevie. Take a long, slow drive past Lover's Bridge on the way to work. I'm sure it will bring back awesome memories of your first date, first kiss... first time you had the police called on you..."

canjowolf
2011-02-14, 08:29 PM
Reason

"Keep your eyes on the road Steve. Chill, listen to some nice, relaxing wintersun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4WFzl-6Xs). Take your time. No sense getting killed trying to rush to work".

Zombiesomg
2011-02-14, 09:38 PM
Trust
"You know, while your thinking about driving, i think the price of gas is such bull. Seriously, i bet their gouging our prices. Its a huge conspiracy, everyones raising the price just to screw you out of another 20 cents per liter." Trust grumpily mumbles in the back. "And you know what? I bet your manager is screwing you over too. Like seriously, he does not have your best interests in heart. The lecturing the talks, if he really did he would just give you those retrogradations for a promotion you know?"

Zealumieo
2011-02-14, 10:15 PM
Inner Child
"Go! Faster! Faster! You're a bullet. Wee! Aaaand Turn! Sharp! Like a shark would." the inner child's sense of driving is horrible... wishing Steve to go as fast as possible, with as much power in the turns as feasible, and with as little disregard for laws as it knows. Obviously IC thinks this is a themepark ride.
"You can go superspeedy! You're the coolest Guy I know Steve! This is great! " IC seems to cheer with glee, apparently also not caring where Steve goes as long as its getting there fast. Umm... seems like you fed it too much Caffeine,

Viera Champion
2011-02-14, 10:19 PM
Inner Child
"Go! Faster! Faster! You're a bullet. Wee! Aaaand Turn! Sharp! Like a shark would." the inner child's sense of driving is horrible... wishing Steve to go as fast as possible, with as much power in the turns as feasible, and with as little disregard for laws as it knows. Obviously IC thinks this is a themepark ride.
"You can go superspeedy! You're the coolest Guy I know Steve! This is great! " IC seems to cheer with glee, apparently also not caring where Steve goes as long as its getting there fast. Umm... seems like you fed it too much Caffeine.

Mother
Do I have to put you in a timeout Inner Child? You better behave.

IcemanJRC
2011-02-14, 10:32 PM
Optimism
Being Optimism, I never thought I could feel anything but happy, you have proven me wrong today. Steve. What the heck?! You spent an hour drinking coffee this morning. You did nothing else for a whole hour, no shower, no real food, you didn't even call that girl! What's up with you today? But you know, it's okay because we can still make up for it. We're gonna be running on our caffeine high for the first half of the day, but if we freshen up in the bathroom and work diligently we can still have a good day. But you know, maybe we should just relax on the drive this morning. Crank up the tunes and chill, get ourselves in order, you think?
Optimism sighs and runs a hand through his hair, trying to put his smile back on.

Zealumieo
2011-02-14, 10:42 PM
Mother
Do I have to put you in a timeout Inner Child? You better behave.

Inner Child

There seems to be a pause for a potent couple of seconds. Is... is that something vibrating? OMYGoshIAmSoExcitedCanWeDoathisAllDayItsLikeWereOn ARocketShipIThinkIMightWantToWeeThough

Then another moment of silence. It sounded like there was a voice.. an important voice

"Mooooooooooom. But...but." It whined, sobering slightly "We sat around for an hour. It was boooreing. Can't Steve have fun?

Zombiesomg
2011-02-14, 10:55 PM
Untrust
"You know inner child, fun is overrated. Your having to much fun with people or doing something then BAM. Something all goes wrong, and its not your fault. You were clearly back stabbed by something you trusted, so even if your having fun you've gotta take caution at all times. Only have fun with safe things that you can trust fully. And a car cannot be trusted, expensive, dangerous. Yes it has its purposes, but only use the machine! NEVER TRUST the machine."

canjowolf
2011-02-14, 11:04 PM
Reason

"Oh paranoia, don't be so mistrustful. A car can't betray you, it can only fail at a horrible moment in what seems like a betrayal, and they usually do that because someone spent too much time angsting and slothing it up to take the car to a mechanic".

Viera Champion
2011-02-15, 06:03 AM
Inner Child

There seems to be a pause for a potent couple of seconds. Is... is that something vibrating? OMYGoshIAmSoExcitedCanWeDoathisAllDayItsLikeWereOn ARocketShipIThinkIMightWantToWeeThough

Then another moment of silence. It sounded like there was a voice.. an important voice

"Mooooooooooom. But...but." It whined, sobering slightly "We sat around for an hour. It was boooreing. Can't Steve have fun?

Mother
Not until work is over. After that we can do whatever you want. Alright sweetheart?

smuchmuch
2011-02-15, 06:53 AM
Inner Child

Mother
Not until work is over. After that we can do whatever you want. Alright sweetheart?

Depression

And this, Steve was yet another edifying piece of yourmind.
A supposedly 'grown' man who recreated the overprotective voice of his own mother in his head because he could never man up enough to comme to erm witht eh fact she really loathe him.

And why wouldn't she, I ask you ? She gave her carrer, twenty years of her life, her very oxwn sweat, dedicated to raise him and what did she get ? A perputual manchild barely capable of sufficing to his own needs, A miserable selfish parasite who will never give back even a tenth of the affection and care that was dispensed to him. And let us not even talk about the grandchildrens, no woman will ever be idiotic enough to stay long enough fo that.

But as much as we weep for your parent despair, we will appreciate that no one will ever suffer of being your child. A blessing we should all be thankfull for.

But keep your eyes on the road. It's bad enough that you pollute everyones air with that pile of junk you call a car, you wouldn't want to kill someone who actualy matter for someone esle than their own bloated ego while your are at it, wouldn't you ?

Greystone
2011-02-15, 12:27 PM
Meglamania

"Take the quickest way to work Steve. Our time is far too valuable to spend going a scenic route. Also, don't touch your phone fool. I may be insane but I even know that you need to KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD."

Zealumieo
2011-02-15, 02:52 PM
Mother

Inner Child

"Okay. I'm going to crash then." Luckily, IC didn't mean that in a literal sense. It just kind of took a nap, visualizing pleasant things. Generally places and things Steve likes.

Apparently, IC also doesn't acknowledge depression... athough it did murmur such things as,

"Depression sounds like a shrew, who knew?
Should bloody well know I can't stand it so...
Telltale truths with no base meaning. Honestly deceiving.
Say something disgusting and I won't bother mustering...
words which are wasted on you."

in its sleep. Seems IC seems childish enough to just tease in rhyme back in singsong. The words a mildly dripping in malice.

smuchmuch
2011-02-15, 03:37 PM
Depression

"Truth alway hurts, hate me for it
if you realy must. Show me all your wit,
spill your dirt, You are out of luck.
What you think, I barely gives a... shrug"

And that it does, (or rather it would if it had shoulder to lift and wasn't just an abstact personality aspect in a hopeless lunatic's head. A fact it's all too painfully aware off but the others seems to gleefully ignore.

sorry, couldn't resist.

It's pretty poor I'll admit. I never really understood how rhymes were supposed to work in english.

Overlord Rion
2011-02-15, 05:35 PM
Anger

Anger was in disbelief. He didn't think it was possible, but the Inner Child was making him angry.

Well, more angry. So he took it out on Steve.

"STEVE! See that car near you? THEY CUT YOU OFF LAST WEEK. Get some revenge. And do it quickly."

canjowolf
2011-02-16, 07:43 PM
Reason

Reason says "No, Steve, don't" in a tone that notably lacks conviction and yawns.

Viera Champion
2011-02-16, 07:53 PM
Inner Child is asleep, Depression can't spell for his life, and I have no idea what retrogradations mean. Lovely.

Steve drives 20 MPH over the speed limit for half the time before finally thinking better of it and slowing down. Good thing too, since he just barely slowed before he reached a police officer.

When he finally reaches work, Steve climbs out of his car. He is greeted by his lovely (sarcasm) boss George (generic names ahoy!). George gives you the options of sales or answering phone calls at the front desk.

Jesse Drake
2011-02-16, 08:01 PM
Manliness

Manliness stops singing when it comes time to work. "Okay then, let's go for sales Steve. Remember, you're a tiger, and tiger's sell big!"

Lizard Lord
2011-02-16, 08:05 PM
"Stick with the phones Steve. It sounds like the easier job to me."

IcemanJRC
2011-02-16, 08:10 PM
Optimism

SALES STEVE! Then you can show off your bright, shiny personality. That golden smile and can do attitude. What do I have to do to get you in that car today?! You finally get to use that line Steve! You gotta go for it.
Optimism is excited that he'll finally get to shine today. He usually gets to take charge when Steve runs sales. It's his forte.

Zealumieo
2011-02-16, 08:56 PM
Inner Child

Inner Child wakes up slightly in a drowzy/dizzy stupor. It kind of missed the directives given by Steve's boss, but does comment on where he is right now, "Awww... Work. Bleh. Smells so chalky. I wonder why stupid head George always smells like ratty cheese." In its mind, IC immediately goes to work on some way to subvert George's authority or mess with random strangers at work, "Mmm... how 'bout removing the inksticks from the pens? Naaaww... takes too long. Rewriting or removing the signs on the bathroom? Hehe- embarrassed George that one time but got caught. Copy another person's handwriting and mess with said person? No... I think mom said that was illee...gel? Grr... I'll settle on doodling."

Steve's hand twitches slightly, well if IC isn't able to physically doodle it settles on drawing in his mind. Mostly they're random cartoony figures, guns, fantasy creatures, and sci-fi monsters duking it out.

Zombiesomg
2011-02-16, 09:28 PM
Mistrust
"Oooh, ooh, Steve do sales. Then you can tell them the real facts and not really rip them off cause what is advertised isn't half as good as it really sounds so you can forewarn them. George will probably get pissed, but hes an ******* anyways." Mistrust points to the sales floor, "All those poor misguided lambs are being tricked by the corporate machine, ONLY YOU can free them."

[Regardless of if they are or aren't being ripped off, mistrust insists they are being ripped off]

canjowolf
2011-02-16, 09:50 PM
Reason

"Do whatever you enjoy most and do it well my man. Having fun at work is key to a less stressful life, and we all know that stress can kill". If reason had a body it would try to pull out a lawn chair and a cold drink and relax. Hopefully it's job was done for a few hours and it could rest. Another day of getting Steve to work accomplished.

Mordae
2011-02-16, 11:03 PM
Angst

"Sure, go for sales, Stevie! That way you can watch Sheila fawn all over Biff while you make absolutely no contribution to the bottom line. It'll be just like high school, where the only way you sold all of your chocolate bars was to beg your parents to buy them all..."

smuchmuch
2011-02-17, 12:30 PM
Depression

Yes, go for the phone instead, Steve.
Dealing with whinny demanding voices all day, now that's certainly going to be a nice change from the usual routine.

Remind me, why did you even got out of bed today ? Or ever for that matter ?

Overlord Rion
2011-02-17, 12:35 PM
Anger

"Steve, go with the phones. If someone pisses you off in person, you can't hit them. If someone pisses you off on the phone, YOU CAN PUT THEM ON HOLD AND LEAVE THEM THERE."

canjowolf
2011-02-23, 02:36 AM
Reason yawns and continues to not do anything productive.

Viera Champion
2011-02-26, 04:32 PM
Steve decides to man the phones. Who wants to do real work anyways?

The phone rings. What do you do now? The answer is harder than it seems.:smallamused:

canjowolf
2011-02-26, 05:04 PM
Reason

Um, pick up the phone and do that company greeting you were trained to do?

Mordae
2011-02-26, 05:22 PM
Angst

"Maybe it's a chick with a hot voice. Answer it all out of breath and see if she'll think it's a wrong number and hang up."

Zealumieo
2011-02-26, 05:25 PM
Inner Child

"Random People, on the phone? Pick the phone up and ask if their refrigerator is running. Its a classic." IC smiles and says its quippet before going back to doodling.

IcemanJRC
2011-02-26, 05:31 PM
Optimism

Perhaps you could just answer the phone? Put on a smile and answer the phone with a can do attitude? Maybe listen to me for once? Instead of acting like a self-destructive idiot? Please?

Lizard Lord
2011-02-26, 06:59 PM
"Let it ring Steve. Its not like you get paid by commission."

OOC: Does he?

Mordae
2011-02-27, 07:55 PM
Angst

"You'd better do something soon, I'm sure your lovely caller will be trés désolée not to hear you fumble over your well-rehearsed lines..."

Viera Champion
2011-02-28, 08:44 PM
Steve picks up the phone, he begins with the usual company greeting. But he I interrupted by the caller.

"Whaaaattt?"
It's an old lady.
"Did you say something sonny boy? You know back in my day we used the telegraph."
This is gonna be a loooonnngggg day.

So what do you do now?

IcemanJRC
2011-02-28, 08:48 PM
Optimism

Just say what you know, "Ma'am. This is [Insert Company Name], how may I help you?"
Optimism sighs,
Just keep it simple Steve.

Zombiesomg
2011-02-28, 08:59 PM
Mistrust
Mistrust goes off on a tangent, "You should tell her the entire theory that i have about how the phone is really just a device used in order to home in on our brain waves. And then using that, they use those radio wave thingies in order to influence our thoughts into compliance with the goverment and our minds into a docile state towards anything they don't want us to see......" After a long nonsensical rant about how the goverment, the corporations, the markets, your neighbour, and your hypothetical pet cat were all out to get you, Mistrust finally calms down, "Or you could just you know, just ask her what she wants and get it over with while revealing as little about yourself or your thoughts. Cause i bet if you tell her shes just a secret agent disguising his voice as a little old lady.... And if you say anything some guys will burst through the door and shoot you." Mistrust pauses, probably as no one is listening, before starting again, "You know, like the Matrix. We should rewatch that."

Mordae
2011-02-28, 09:06 PM
Angst

"Skip to the good part. Tell her about your fantasy about the hot chick in black leather. I'm sure grandma can give you some good advice on how to interact with the female sex."

canjowolf
2011-02-28, 09:50 PM
Reason

The voice of Reason is silent on this matter.

Lizard Lord
2011-03-01, 08:48 AM
Sloth sighs. "Just hang up Steve, you don't need to deal with this."