View Full Version : For Blood and Honour

Klodin
2011-02-12, 10:23 PM
"Lord Markham, Duke of the Western Lowlands has issued a challenge to any adventurer who thinks themselves worthy. The contest will take place on Emerald Isle and the victorious party shall receive the title and deed to Castle Harmondale, a reputedly scenic fortress in the countryside.

Further Details:
The Contest is a scavenger hunt of sorts.
Applicants must form a party of at least three people.
Lord Markham, Judge Thomas and the residents of Emerald Isle are not responsible for your safety."

Thus told either by flyer or by word of mouth, you disembark upon Emerald Isle harbour and head to tavern to search out other recent arrivals.

Privateer
2011-02-13, 03:11 PM
Stepping off the rickety gangway, Karrak sighed with relief. It's been too long since he had his two feet planted firmly on the ground, like a dwarf should. Normally, he'd avoid travelling by sea, but the prize dangled before him in this case was far too lucrative to ignore. A castle and land?! His very own peasants to boss around? Why, it would be nothing but a dream come true. Power over those lowly folk was one of his passions. The other was fighting. And now the latter could get him the former! The adventurer hadn't seen such a great opportunity since he first left Stone City to do adventuring years ago.

The isle was beautiful, Karrak had to give it that. Though perfectly capable and happy to live underground in the tunnels of Stone City, he also appreciated the natural beauty that could only be found above.

The dwarf quickly found the local tavern, just down the road from the harbor with a big mug of ale on a wooden sign hanging outside it. After all, he was going to need at least two other adventurers in order to qualify for the contest.

"Barman, ale!" he demanded, sitting down and scanning the present crowd.

Klodin
2011-02-13, 04:33 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/169034_497856352483_517632483_6647751_16837_n.jpg

The tavern is a small cozy stone and wood structure, with a hearty fireplace blazing in the corner. Several patrons are seated among the myriad tables, eating, conversing and jesting. There are more than a couple of people with the feel of adventurers to them and the tavern seems to beyond maximum capacity.

At your call, the innkeeper, a balding middle-aged man with an unshaven face, looks up from wiping down his counter, turns around to the casks of beverages stacked on the wall behind his counter and fills a tankard with ale.

He walks over to your table and drops it somewhat carelessly, spilling a few drops of beer.

"That'll be two silver pieces." He looks at you closely. "Guessing you're here for the contest then. Well, see that lady over there?" He gestures towards a brown-haired lady in a tidy looking green dress. "As soon as you have your team assembled, go speak to her."

He then turns to leave, and as he does so, he mutters about overcrowding and room shortages.

UncleWolf
2011-02-13, 11:27 PM
A short red-haired woman overhears the conversation and hops onto the barstool next to the newcomer. "Hi! I'm Eledra! What competition? I'm rather good at those, I hope there's a slot open. Do you think there's a slot open?" She looks at Karrak. "Can I be on your team? I'm Eledra." She says, offering her hand. She's dressed in studded leather armor, and has a belt full of knives with a rapier at her side. She speaks rather quickly, and in a rather high pitch.

Privateer
2011-02-13, 11:57 PM
"Thank ye, barkeep." Karrak breaks one of his only two gold coins to pay for the drink and, having received it, takes a big, slow gulp. But savoring the pleasure was not in the cards for him today, as a red-haired hurricane landed on the stool next to him. She rapid-fired questions faster than the best Nighon warlock could throw firebolts.

"You are telling me you've never heard of Lord Markham's competition?" The stocky dwarf exclaims in surprise, putting down his mug of delicious ale to behold the rare sight of an adventurer clueless to the opportunity.

He looks her up and down, then nods. Something about her just made Karrak take a liking to the girl and she looked like she could handle herself. He nods.

"We can be a team. If you agree to share loot equally and not interfere with my bossing around the peasants once we win. Name's Karrak, by the way," he says, extending a strong dwarf palm. "And this is not merely any contest. The prize..." He chuckles out a deep dwarven laugh, digging through his belongings until he finally fishes out a flier, outlining the contest.

"Let's just say, this Lord Markham fella is off his rocker, and wants to give away a castle and noble titles to the group that wins this contest!"

"Now, I don't know all the details, but it sounds like some sort of a scavenger hunt. Go to dangerous places, fetch some things, bring them back. Be the first 'n ye get that castle. Least that's what the crier told me back on the mainland. I'm sure it's not as simple as it sounds, nothing ever is, but with this," he brandishes his waraxe, "I'll be damned if I don't win that land and title."

senrath
2011-02-14, 12:57 AM
"I don't suppose you still need a third member." A tall, thin, sallow-faced man asked, sidling up to the pair. His clothes were thin and worn looking, and the man looked as though he had fallen upon hard times. Clasping his hands behind his back, he continued. "I was interested in participating in the competition, but every other group I've approached said they had too many people already."

Privateer
2011-02-14, 10:28 PM
Karrak's attention was turned to the new arrival. One more adventurer, he though, excellent. A closer look at the man, however, failed to reveal what he did.

"Aye, mate. Have a seat. Name's Karrak and this here is Eledra. We sure could use a third."

Karrak pulled a stool and offered it to the man.

"So you're an adventurer too, eh? What are ye best at?"

senrath
2011-02-14, 10:43 PM
"I am an arcanist, of sorts. Similar to that of a sorcerer, but much more limited and scope but unlimited in uses." The man said, taking the offered seat. After a moment he started slightly and spoke again. "Oh, silly me, I forgot to tell you my name. I am Taris."

Privateer
2011-02-14, 11:01 PM
The description of this man's talents, reminded Karrak of the tales that trickled in, few and far between about the distant land of Nighon and the evil warlocks that populated it. Perhaps that's what the man was, perhaps it wasn't. Karrak wasn't sure how other people would reacted to a warlock, but he cared not for that. The warlocks' power was undoubted and to have one of them on his team was not a chance he was going to pass by.

"Alrighty then, sorcerer," the dwarf gave Taris a knowing wink. "Glad to have you with us."

"I'm no stranger to spells myself, though I prefer this," he picked up his heavy waraxe. "And this here lass looks like she can handle that pointy stick of hers." He nodded at Eledra and her rapier.

UncleWolf
2011-02-15, 12:10 AM
Elandra frowns at the words "Pointy" and "Stick". "I'll have you know that this rapier has been passed down in my family for generations to only the best of the best of the Lenore Clan." She says smugly. "Not only that, but I'm able to fight off three men by myself." She reaches down and draws a dagger from her belt. "And I am also a rather good shot at throwing daggers, you know?" She gives a nod. "And I don't need any silly magick or heavier armor to get my job done either." :smallyuk:

Even with her look of disgust, and obvious bragging, her quick and witty tone will be hard to get mad at.

Klodin
2011-02-15, 12:17 AM
A scruffy man approaches your table. "Greetings friends. Word of advice, if you're here for the contest, you'd better get a move on. Other teams have already started hunting, and every second counts."

His gaze flickers between the three of you. "And... I am a hunter, a scholar of beasts and wild things. And when you leave the island, regardless of the outcome, please don't hesitate to give me a call should you require my services."

He writes down his room number for you and departs.

Privateer
2011-02-15, 03:07 AM
Karrak grins and puts his palm up peacefully. Elandra was certainly not boring.

"Aye, lass. Ye best not take my words too seriously. Us Stone City folk can be straight-talking and rough around the edges, know? I don't doubt ye skill. I'm sure you'll get your chance to prove it soon enough. This here contest wouldn't be paying a castle if we could just walk in and take these items."

He then turned so as to face both his partners after listening to the mysterious stranger.

"I say the man has a point. The sooner we start, the better our chances. Now that we are three, we can go officially sign up. I think it's right over there."

He headed for the person pointed out by the barkeep earlier, waiting for his new friends to follow.

Klodin
2011-02-15, 10:22 AM
The lady looks up and turns at your approach. "Hello, my name is Margaret and I am one of the docents helping Lord Markham run his contest. Do you require any assisstance?"

Privateer
2011-02-15, 11:57 AM
"Eye," the dwarf replies. "Me and me friends here have come ta win yer contest. I s'pose you will make a note of us an' tell us what we need to do to win?"

Klodin
2011-02-15, 02:36 PM
Margaret pulls out a new form, spends a few minutes filling it out then looks around; spots a messenger wearing Markham's colours and gives swift instructions. Once the messenger departs she turns back towards you.

"Congratulations on entering Lord Markham's contest. Here is a list of what you need to find." She hands you a sheet of parchment. "I will accompany you to ensure you abide by the rules and to act as your guide for the duration of your stay."

"Lord Markham's Emerald Isle Scavenger Hunt

1. A Potion of Cure Light Wounds
2. A Wealthy Hat
3. A Longbow
4. A Seashell
5. An Instrument
6. A Tile from the Temple of the Moon

Rules:
All items must be found on the island.
All items must be reported to Judge Thomas for it to count.
Violence is prohibited towards island residents, contest officials or other contestants."

Privateer
2011-02-16, 12:39 AM
Karrak examined the list, at the same time letting his companions see it.

"Well," the dwarf concluded. "Many of these can probably be found in local shops, so we need to get us some gold. And I suppose if we're lucky we might find a seashell somewhere on the beaches."

He looked at Elandra and Taris.

"What do you think?"

UncleWolf
2011-02-16, 12:43 AM
For once, Elandra is quiet, but she still nods quickly a few times.

senrath
2011-02-16, 12:44 AM
"I think the tile is the only thing that'll really be hard to get." Taris said, looking over the list and doing some mental calculations. "But you're right, we'll need gold. And I'm pretty much broke."

Klodin
2011-02-16, 12:54 AM
Margaret offers a conspiratorial smile. "How about I take you on a tour around town?"

Privateer
2011-02-16, 12:54 AM
"Aye, mate, same with me," Karrak laughed.

"And we can't exactly spend time doing small jobs for change if we want to be the first. But..."

Karrak grinned, as if he had a clever thought.

"That Temple of Moon sounds like a spooky place an' I bet ya nobody on this island set foot there in a while. If we go there and search it, maybe we'll find a few valuables more than just a tile. Rules say no killing locals, but they don't say nothing about looting abandoned evil temples." The dwarf's grin grew bigger.

EDIT:

After hearing their guide jump in, Karrak, nodded. "'Course, we can do that after the tour. Lead the way, Margaret."

Klodin
2011-02-16, 01:12 AM
Margaret stands up and waits for the rest of you to settle your tabs and pick up your belongings before heading for the door.

"I actually don't know where the temple is. There is reputedly a network of caves in the mountain, and historically, a sect of the moon cultists once worshipped within."

As she steps through the doorway, into the sun, she points at the building across from the inn. "That's the local smithy, The Knight's Blade. Tor is the head blacksmith of Emerald Island and the proprietor of the shop. The building next to it is the armory..." She takes you around town, at times introducing you to some of the locals.

You see other new arrivals walking along the docks, no doubt future competition. You also see other groups of would-be adventurers led by other people wearing the same formal style of clothing as Margaret.

She remarks upon the inn, the armorshop, the blacksmith, Lord Markham's summer residence, where he and Judge Thomas are currently residing. She also points out other shops, such as The Blue Bottle and Emerald Enchantments, which stocks goods of a magical nature. There's a gym, a curiosity shop, a medical station, a rather large residential district and several other places of varying intrest.

She also explains a bit of the geography around the town. The town is situated on the south-west portion of the island. To the North-east is a wide lake. At this hour, fishermen can be seen hauling the daily catch. Across the lake is a cliff, where the cavern network is rumored to be located. There are two exits out of town. To the North if a heavily forested marsh. To the East is a Beach that extends around the mountain. At the conclusion of the tour, you are in the town square in front of Lord Markham's Manor.

Privateer
2011-02-16, 01:45 AM
"Thank ye," Karrak nods, having kept quiet and paid attention during their tour.

"Now we know where to start looking for that moon temple. Shall we go there, or do you guys have other ideas?" He checks with his teammates.

senrath
2011-02-16, 01:56 AM
"That sounds like a plan to me." Taris said with a nod. He honestly didn't have any ideas on where to look first, given that he had never been to this island before.

Privateer
2011-02-16, 02:10 AM
"Up into the mointains we go, then," said Karrak cheerfully.

Although visible not far from them, the mountains seemed not easy to get to without knowing the trails. Surely, they could eventually find their way, but it was best to ask the guide first.

"Margaret, can ye show us the way to the mountains. If you know where these caves are, that would be golden!"

Klodin
2011-02-16, 09:24 AM
She nods and leads you towards the Eastern exit out of town. You walk along the beach, encircling the right side of the mountain. The first thing you notice about the beach is that there are an awful lot of footsteps. The second thing you notice is the complete lack of shells.

After two hours, the beach ends and the mountainous region begins. She suddenly stops. At the base of the mountain on the side opposite from town were quite a lot of people, standing. There is a patrol of guards on duty, multiple docents, their accompanying parties, several contest officials and several men in workmen clothes. "Excuse me a moment," says Margaret as she sees a contest official waving her over.

mrcarter11
2011-02-16, 01:36 PM
As she walks away, a rather unremarkable man walk up. His hair a short black mess. His eyes, hollow looking. His voice however is quite full, and sharp.
"Well, hello there. I must wonder if perhaps your all in the contest together.. Did you hear about the group with 7 members? They were doing quite the number on this little hunt last I heard.. Perhaps you could use some help as well?"

Privateer
2011-02-16, 08:35 PM
The dwarf was getting more and more gloomy as they trekked through the beaches, getting closer to the mountains. It was obvious that his plan to search the beach for seashells was far from original and, judging by the tracks, quite a few other contestants were ahead of them. Their own team, on the other hand, had yet to check a single item off the list.

"Bloody hell!" he quietly cursed when they had to stop and wait for Margaret to conslult with other officials.

He had to restrain himself and remember the list of rules to remind him that attacking any civilians could get them disqualified, evaporating any chance they had of getting that castle. But this cleric of war was getting testy.

"What?" He was brought out of his building rage by the man that suddenly approached their group. The stranger's argument was compelling; it looked like they could use some help. "Sure, come along if you like. Name's Karrak."

He then followed Margaret to find out what was wrong.

Klodin
2011-02-16, 09:04 PM
You see Margaret in tense conversation with another docent with a solemn look on her face. She turns around at your approach.

"It seems one of the first few parties to enter the caves came up with the brilliant idea to cause a cave-in, blocking the caves to other contestants. However the explosion was a bit larger than they expected; the falling debris killed the burning hands caster and caused at least two parties to be trapped within. We are now working to remove the debris and we should be able to open a path within two days. Until then, this entrance is blocked off. The people trapped inside are probably going to die." She grimaces at the tragedy and looks away.

UncleWolf
2011-02-17, 01:12 AM
Elendra frowns and pulls off her hat in respect. "Poor fools." After a moment of silence she puts the hat back on with a smile. "Anyways, you know what they say, "Fool me once..."" she stops, puzzled. "Oh nevermind. We best get out of here as there may be a chance at finding other items or possibly a different entrance."

Privateer
2011-02-17, 11:46 AM
Karrak curses loudly at the adventurers preceeding them. He brandishes the waraxe and takes out his anger on an innocent tree branch nearby. Finally, the war cleric calms down.

"Alright. Fine. I guess since we wasted two hours coming here, we might as well spend a little more and try to find another cave enetrance. Otherwise, let's go back to town and see if we can find information about unusual, out of the way places around the island, or see if there's any way to make some gold in the next two days... What do you guys think?"

Karrak speaks with Margaret, troubles other officials for directions to hidden places or structures on the island, then spends some time searching for another way into the cave system.

Search check for another way into the caves: [roll0](+2 for dwarf)
Gather information check for remote places: [roll1]

Klodin
2011-02-17, 12:43 PM
There are no other cave entrances that you can see.

Asking around you find out about a shell collector that sells souvenirs on the north-east end of the island. You also learn about an abandoned keep in the marsh.

Margaret could use a drink and supports heading back to town.

senrath
2011-02-17, 12:46 PM
"I vote we head for the abandoned keep. There could be stuff there that we could sell for cash." Taris said, looking around at the others. He didn't want to waste any more time than was necessary, since they were probably behind already.

mrcarter11
2011-02-17, 12:53 PM
"Ah, forgot to say, name's Isten. And ah as for gold, I got about 50 pieces. If that'd help any.. I'm still all for going to the keep though."

Klodin
2011-02-17, 01:02 PM
"Well there's a bridge to the marshlands that way," says Margaret as she points west. "However, I must warn you that there are many dangerous pests in the Marsh. You can also enter the Marsh from the north end of town."

Privateer
2011-02-17, 11:51 PM
"Excellent!" Karrak grinned. "The abandoned keep must have something interesting. I'd hide an item there if'n I was setting up a scavenger hunt."

"As for the marsh critters," he laughed evilly, running a thumb along his waraxe. "Methinks we can handle a few critters!"

"To the marshes!" Karrak proclaims and starts marching towards the bridge.

Klodin
2011-02-18, 02:34 AM
As you approach the bridge, you take note of the very noticeable borderline between the marshlands and the mountains.

Isten hears an ominous buzzing. Elandra hears multiple pitches of buzzing. Tanis hears 4 sources of the buzzing close-by to the West.

Karrak on the other hand... A coastal bird flies by and a glob of what one can only assume is excrement lands on Karrak, and he curses the bird loudly, invoking the names of every god in his pantheon and his resulting turmoiled disarray of incoherent rage against the avian infidel causes him to be oblivious to his suroundings.

Sorry, you rolled a 1 on your listen check

UncleWolf
2011-02-18, 01:11 PM
Elendra, a bit uneasy, draws a dagger. "Does anyone else hear that? I don't think those are good sounds. Do any of you? And I don't mean the dwarf."

senrath
2011-02-18, 03:02 PM
"Sounds like four very large insects, coming from that way." Taris said, turning and pointing to the west, where he had heard the sounds coming from.

Klodin
2011-02-18, 03:43 PM
Four flying insects come into view. Karrak and Isten notices that one of them has a slightly different colouration and anatomy. Roll for initiative.

They are 40 feet away.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

senrath
2011-02-18, 06:36 PM
"Prepare yourselves!"

[roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-02-18, 08:14 PM
"I must ask you all to excuse anything you see."

Initiative
[roll]1d20+2[/roll

Btw, it is much easier to use a group combat fighting system rather then true initiative count, as it slows the game down terribly.

Privateer
2011-02-18, 08:33 PM
"Ohhhh, yes!" Karrak lets out a throaty laugh as he readies his axe.

Initiative: [roll0]

UncleWolf
2011-02-18, 09:09 PM
[roll0]

"Last to get a kill buys the ale!" Elendra shouts as she readies herself.

Klodin
2011-02-18, 11:51 PM
Two of the more common dragonflies swoop forward. The first dragonfly drops from the air to Karak's right and strikes with it's sting grazing your skin. The second dragonfly flies straight at you and it's sting grazes your cheek.

Karrak takes 2. Isten and Tanis go next. They have same initiative and modifier, so order doesn't matter

senrath
2011-02-19, 12:27 AM
Moving closer to the enemies that had yet to attack, Taris raised his hand and cried out a single word. Suddenly a swarm of bats sprung up around one of the remaining dragonflies and began to attack.

Moving to get within range. The invocation has a 25' range.

Randomly picking a target:
[roll0] - 1 it's the regular dragonfly, 2 it's the other one

The swarm does [roll1] points of damage.

Klodin
2011-02-19, 01:06 AM
The Dragonfly lashes out at the bats, flailing bindly before it disappears under the mass of ravenous vermin. It's shrieks fade way slowly as ichor and bits of dragonfly fly all over the place.

Elandra's Turn

UncleWolf
2011-02-19, 01:27 AM
Elandra quickly darts out of the group, heading towards the one that hasn't moved yet. She aims for the dragonfly and lets loose with a dagger when she gets 10ft away.

Move Action
Standard Action:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Also, I'm declaring Dodge on it.

Klodin
2011-02-19, 01:31 AM
The knife imbeds itself in the larger dragonfly's abdomen, and it flails for a moment as bright blood spills from the wound. It's still flying though.

UncleWolf
2011-02-19, 01:33 AM
Elandra blinks for a few seconds. "Oh COME ON! That's not fair!" :smallfrown:

(Talking as a Free action. :smalltongue:)

Klodin
2011-02-19, 01:37 AM
That breed of dragonfly has on average 6 health. And you'll be seeing a lot more of them as it seems you guys will pretty much stomp the encounters I originally prepared. They were intended for new players using basic classes. :P

Privateer
2011-02-19, 01:50 AM
The hits he suffered stung badly, as if a miniature dagger ripping his skin and entering flesh, but the dwarven cleric was barely phased by this minor setback.

"Lucky bastards, take that!" He roared, taking a nice, hearty swing at one of the offending dragonflies. "This here axe'll teach ye yer place, you friggen insect!"

atk:[roll0]
dam:[roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-02-19, 03:21 AM
Finally deciding this new group had to see his true nature, Isten allows himself to shift into his other form. Two short dark tentacles burst out of his waist, each tipped in a spike. Four eyes open along his face, one sitting on each check while two open next to each other on his forehead. With his form revealed, he begins his attack on the nearest enemy.

Alright, so first, any enemies, have to make a will save or be shaken.. The DC is 13. And then I'll attack the nearest dragonfly thing.

Tentacle 1: [roll]1d20+2[roll] Damage: [roll0]
Tentacle 2: [roll]1d20+2[roll] Damage: [roll1]

Klodin
2011-02-19, 09:26 AM
Karrak neatly cleaves the Dragonfly into eighths.

As Isten manifests his true form, the dragonflies are startled. Then the nearest dragonfly is ripped apart by tentacles.

The final dragonfly darts back 40 feet and tries to fire a flaming bolt at Elandra. It misses.

Let's confirm your crit for the heck of it. [roll0]

nope, no crit

senrath
2011-02-20, 07:57 PM
Allowing the swarm of bats he had conjured to slip back to wherever they had come from, Taris took a step forwards and raised his hand. A bolt of brilliant energy shot forth, streaking towards the final dragonfly.

Ceasing concentration on the swarm, so it vanishes (the invocation has a duration of Concentration rather than Concentration + 2 rounds). Then moving to within 30' of the dragonfly and firing an Eldritch Blast at it.

[roll0] touch attack.
[roll1] damage

Klodin
2011-02-20, 08:38 PM
It explodes in a shower of fleshy bits.

Margaret stares at Isten dumbfounded.

UncleWolf
2011-02-20, 11:49 PM
Elandra walks over to pick up her dagger from the remains of the dragonfly before turning and scowling at the warlock. "That one was mine!" She says angrily, stomping up to him to poke his chest. "Just because I don't use any fancy magic or because I'm a woman doesn't mean I need any help killing something as pitiful as a firebreathing dragonfly, get it?!?" She nearly shouts. She's obviously had problems with this before.

senrath
2011-02-20, 11:59 PM
Taris weathered Elandra's outburst with a weary expression on his face. When she was finished he spoke, his voice relatively emotionless. He also showed no alarm towards Isten's true form. "I really don't care about what you can do or what your gender is. If there is a threat still left alive and I have the power to correct that problem, I will."

Klodin
2011-02-21, 12:25 AM
At this point, Margaret explodes, pointing a shaky finger at Isten.

"DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT!? WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREATION ARE YOU?"

UncleWolf
2011-02-21, 01:34 AM
Elandra growls for a moment before throwing her hands into the air, truly annoyed at not getting a chance to show off.

Besides, now she had to buy drinks. :smallannoyed:

She points a finger at the Ozodrin. "And you!" she says, walking towards him. "Why didn't you tell us you were a...a... thingamajig?!?" She asks, trying to hide her annoyance about not knowing what he is.

She's probably failing horribly.

mrcarter11
2011-02-21, 02:19 AM
As the fight is over, Isten dismisses his true form..

"I told you, that should excuse anything you see. Each of us has our own types of power. Some use magic, some use might, I happen to use my lineage. I can't help the decisions my ancestors made, but their decisions do lend me power today, should I refuse that power simply because it isn't like what most know. And you are right, I am not human, but that was not my choice, that choice was made by those before me, should I truly be blamed for their decisions?

Klodin
2011-02-21, 11:38 PM
Your Diplomacy [roll0]

Margaret takes a step back, staggers, but manages to stay upright. She takes a minute to compose herself, muttering "I really need that drink."

"I'm not sure if it's in my best interests to let you continue in this contest. Maybe-"

Klodin
2011-02-21, 11:43 PM
I REALLY need to plan ahead better.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

...... I really suck at rolling

Elandra hears a scream nearby. Isten hears the faint sound of buzzing and weapons being drawn in the vicinity of the bridge, which was just out of view.

Karak and Taris are having a very loud and heated conversation about who would win in a fight between two fairly popular characters they've read about and fail to pay attention.

mrcarter11
2011-02-21, 11:59 PM
"I believe we should start heading towards that bridge. I think it may be of benefit to us. And I see no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to continue in this contest, I've done nothing wrong."

Klodin
2011-02-22, 12:16 AM
Margaret opens her mouth to retort then shuts it quickly. "Let's hurry then. It sounds like people are in trouble."

UncleWolf
2011-02-22, 12:50 AM
Elandra draws a dagger. "Come on! Someone's screaming!" She hurries off towards the scream.

Rolling initiative ahead of time to make it faster. If we don't need it, just disregard it.

[roll0]

senrath
2011-02-22, 12:51 AM
"Right." Taris said as he followed after Elandra.

Privateer
2011-02-22, 12:57 AM
As fascinating as the argument was, little could prevent anyone from hearing Elandra's voice. Karrak grinned.

"Another fight, eh? Good."

He picked up his axe and hurried along with others to see what the commotion was about.

Initiative:

[roll0]

Klodin
2011-02-22, 01:33 AM
Coming across the crest, you see the bridge 30 feet ahead. There is a large swarm of dragonflies attacking a group of people, mostly wearing civilian clothing. There are several bodies, some wearing armor that suggests adventurers. There's a docent among them.

A lone warrior is fending them off.

Now that you know what to look for, There's 5 fire dragonflies, 9 dragonflies, and a medium sized dragonfly across the bridge 80 feet away from you, 50 feet away from the bridge. All of you, including Zeofar, go first.

There are 4 civillians with him that are still alive.

UncleWolf
2011-02-22, 02:09 AM
"Take out the fire ones first!" Elandra shouts before closing and throwing her dagger at the nearest fire dragonfly.

Move Action: 25ft
Standard Action(Attack):
To Hit: [roll0]
Declaring Dodge on the same dragonfly

Privateer
2011-02-22, 02:39 AM
Despite this new batch of dragonflies being much larger than before, the thoughts of retreat did not enter the war cleric's mind. Though wounded in the previous battle, he was just getting his appetite for bloodshed teased.

"Ha! We'll crush them!" the dwarf roared and charged forward towards the nearest fire dragonfly.

He swings the heavy axe menacingly.

Charging, so +2 attack:

atk[roll0]
dam[roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-02-22, 08:52 AM
Seeing the new fight and new size of the enemy swarm makes Isten nervous.

Deciding that he should wait before he entered combat, Isten still releases his true form, hoping that he could catch the dragonflies by surprise.

senrath
2011-02-22, 12:14 PM
After doing some quick mental calculations, Taris sighed and stepped forwards. They were too far out of range for his summons to reach them. So he'd just have to blast them instead.

30' move up, using Eldritch Blast on one of the uninjured fire dragonflies.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zeofar
2011-02-22, 02:39 PM
Ruza takes note of the approaching warriors, then snarls as she returns to hacking away at the dragonflies.

Attack Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Klodin
2011-02-22, 02:54 PM
Elandra's dagger glances a fire dragonfly, leaving a laceration. It is hurt.

Karak charges in and catches the fire dragonfly off guard. It gets sliced in half. Hot ichor bursts harmlessly from the smoking corpse.

Taris misses. Ruza swings wildly. Isten unveils his true form.

Will saves
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Klodin
2011-02-22, 03:35 PM
The injured firefly tries to shoot Elandra but misses. The other fireflies fire. A bolt hits Karak, Ruza and Taris.
2 damage each. I actually rolled max damage for all 3 that hit.

The regular flies swarm your party.
Two attack Elandra, she dodges the first one but the second one grazes her on the arm.
Two attack Karak, but one glances off his splint mail and the other bounces off his shield.
One attacks Taris and misses.
Two attack Ruza. First one hits, you dodge the second.
Two dragonflies fly towards Isten. Both manage to stike him with their stings.

The Medium sized Dragonfly buzzes, but otherwise does't move.

Summary:
Elandra: -1 1 firefly, 2 flies
Karak: -2 1 firefly, 2 flies
Taris: -2 1 firefly, 1 fly
Ruza: -3 1 firefly, 2 flies
Isten: -2 2 flies

No fumbles, no crits

UncleWolf
2011-02-22, 04:49 PM
Elandra ignores the scratch on her arm and leaps between the two normal dragonflies, twisting and flipping in midair. There's a hiss of metal as she draws her rapier. She lands in a roll and stabs at the injured firefly as she springs to her feet.

Moving towards injured Firefly and drawing rapier(free action with movement since I have BAB+1)
Tumble Check to pass the two normal flies to avoid AoO(book says DC of 17)[roll0]
If failed, Mobility gives me an AC of 20 against AoO.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

mrcarter11
2011-02-22, 04:55 PM
The dragonflies currently bugging him, Isten decides to attack again. His tentacles sweep towards the pests, hoping to slaughter them both.

Attack 1 [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
If one dies, my second attack will target the other one.

Zeofar
2011-02-22, 06:03 PM
Ruza curses at her misses and the dragonflies' attacks and swings all the more wildly for it.

Full Attack on whatever dragonflies I can reach.
Battleaxe:
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Heavy Pick:
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Privateer
2011-02-22, 10:42 PM
"Aaah, magic, have you, pest?!" The cleric growls.

He takes a step and gives the fire-spewing insect that hurt him a hearty swing with his axe to respond.

Attacking closest firefly.
a[roll0]
d[roll1]

senrath
2011-02-22, 10:47 PM
"Bah, I despise insects. Luckily I have some friends that just love them." Traig said, taking a quick step back and summoning yet another swarm of bats to do his bidding.

5' step back, then Summon Swarm for a Bat Swarm on the nearest dragonfly.

[roll0]

Klodin
2011-02-23, 12:04 AM
Karak cuts into firefly. Istens tentacles manages to strangle another. Swarm of Bats rip a third to bits. Ruza misses. Ellandra tries to around a dragonfly but the dragonfly scored a lucky hit, grazing her neck. She then attacks the same firefly but misses.

Fireflies use a ranged attack, and all adjacent 5ft squares are now occupied by dragonflies so you did have to tumble. However a path exists such that you only needed to tumble around 1 enemy. Rolled max damage though. Take 2.
The fireflies fly back 5 ft. and fire. Karak and Taris are struck by a glancing blow.

The dragonflies attack the nearest targets. One grazes Elandra. The rest miss. One of the dragonflies near Ruza strains itself while striking leaving it open to attack.

Zeofar gets an attack of oppurtunity against the dragonfly at +2 to hit, denied it's dex bonus. It's probably dead. Only 1 attack. Elandra takes an additional 1, Taris and Karak take 1.
Elandra takes 3 total this round.

The Medium sized dragonfly continues buzzing.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180460_10150090658687484_517632483_6716416_769895_ n.jpg

UncleWolf
2011-02-23, 12:21 AM
Elandra winces as she's scartched again and follows the nearest dragonfly, slashing at it. "You'll pay for that you little gnat!"

Declaring Dodge on the firefly still
Attack: [roll0]

senrath
2011-02-23, 12:27 AM
"These things are getting annoying." Taris said, letting one swarm fade from existence just as he summoned another.

Cease concentration on the swarm, then summon one on the nearest Firefly which I think is at P15.

[roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-02-23, 12:54 AM
Seeing one drop, and the other continue to live, angers Isten. He swings his tentacles at it hoping to send it to an early death.

Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3]

Privateer
2011-02-23, 11:33 AM
"Will ye die already?!" The frustrated dwarf groans, stepping forward to follow the firefly and slashing at it again.

The little beasts were beginning to wear him out. None did much damage, but they had numbers and Karrak's many wounds were starting to get to him.

a[roll0]
d[roll1]

Zeofar
2011-02-23, 01:22 PM
Ruza lashes out at the dragonfly that left itself undefended and renews her so far ineffective assault on the others.

AoO:
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Full Attack:
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Klodin
2011-02-23, 02:15 PM
The bats rip the new target a new one. Ruza slices the strained fly to pieces. Karak finally dispenses justice on the firefly that's been troubling him so. Isten and Ruza flail wildly, Elandra misses.

The dragonflies counterattack. Ruza and Elandra are scretched by minor stings.

1 damage each

The medium dragonfly shrills loudly. The remaining dragonflies fly in that direction.

Everyone except Taris gets an attack of oppurtunity.

mrcarter11
2011-02-23, 02:19 PM
With the chance for another attack being presented, Isten decides to act upon it. Lashing out again, hoping the spikes skewer the bugs

AoO Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Do I get an attack with my other tentacle since they count as natural weapons?
If so here, [roll2] Damage [roll3]
If not discount this attack

UncleWolf
2011-02-23, 06:45 PM
Elandra growls and strikes at one of the two dragonflies near her as they flee, frustrated that she hasn't been able to put one down yet.

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]

Privateer
2011-02-23, 10:23 PM
"Where ye'think yer going?" The dwarf grinned widely, savouring their victory. The enemy was routing and he had a clear shot at the fly's back. It wasn't getting away if that waraxe connected.

a[roll0]
d[roll1]

Zeofar
2011-02-23, 10:36 PM
Ruza hacks at the second dragonfly that made the mistake of leaving itself unguarded near her.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Klodin
2011-02-24, 10:56 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184807_10150091600147484_517632483_6724558_1720587 _n.jpg

Dragonflies fly towards the west.

Your turns. Are you going to pursue or let them leave?

Privateer
2011-02-24, 08:51 PM
They were running! The dwarf laughed and advanced at the fly that was still close to him. Reaching over the bridge railing, he tried to reach the giant insect with his axe.

After dealing with that fly, Karrak considered staying behind for a bit for his allies to catch up. He was wounded, and much as he liked, charging alone into the still sizeable crowd of monsters was not on the agenda.

Going to 5-ft step to K13 and engage that last dragonfly, but not advancing any further for now.

attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

UncleWolf
2011-02-25, 09:27 AM
Elandra looks around for her knife for a moment, before remembering that the firefly had taken off with it. "Hey! They stole one of my knives!" She takes a few steps after the flies before stopping when her wounds hurt. She pauses and considers the facts. Like that if she tried to get after the dragonfly, she might be swarmed. The one may scratch her pretty face! :smalleek:

With a humph, she turns her back towards them and stalks over to the rest of the group. "Bah! Let them have it! I can always find replacements." She says before checking the corpses for things they no longer need. You know, like gold, daggers, other stuff. And even checking the armor.

Klodin
2011-02-25, 01:08 PM
Margaret takes a moment to compose herself then, offering a quick sign for the dead, she goes and talks to the civillians you rescued.

Privateer
2011-02-25, 11:56 PM
"Well, then, me friends," Karrak walked back to the rest of their group as the dragonflies were apparently no longer an issue. The dwarf was bleeding a bit from some of his many wounds, and surveyed his comrades' conditions.

"I'm a bit beat up," he said. "How's everyone else fairing?"

"Don't know if we should press on or take a rest now. I sure could use some healing, but we don't want anyone else getting to that abandoned keep before us."

senrath
2011-02-26, 12:32 AM
"I vote we take a rest." Taris said as he dismissed his cloud of bats. Brushing himself off he grimaced at what he saw. "I don't know how much more blood I can lose today without collapsing."

Klodin
2011-02-26, 01:05 AM
In a weak voice, Margaret says, "We have rooms reserved for all contestants in town. And I'm supposed to send a report every night. I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone else finding the keep. It's deep into dragonfly territory."

Privateer
2011-02-26, 12:06 PM
"Alrighty, mate," the dwarf said in agreement. "Rest sounds good to me."

He then approached the group of civilians on whose behalf they intervened in the fight.

"Is everyone alright here?"

Klodin
2011-02-26, 01:02 PM
"But first," Margaret continued, "I think these people would like to speak with you."

Zeofar
2011-02-27, 01:54 AM
As the dragonflies disengage, Ruza takes a few steps forward and retrieves out a javelin, ready to throw it. She freezes for a few moments, sneering at the escaping insects, then stows the weapon again. "Too damned late" she mutters, still staring at the receding threat. After a few moments, she begins going about the dragonflies she managed to fell, severing their stingers from what's left of their bodies.

Klodin
2011-02-27, 11:10 AM
"Thank you for your timely rescue, milords." From the civillians you learn of their doomed adventuring party. You also learn of other parties who went into the marsh but weren't heard from for some time.

Finally, three of the civillians offer you their services.

Details in OOC thread, these hirelings will not be heard from again.

Privateer
2011-02-27, 12:58 PM
After hearing out the civilians, Karrak politely took his leave. The peaceful workers sort of bored him. There was one in their party that was a true warrior, though, and Karrak approached that barbarian with much interest.

He chatted up the warrior about fighting styles, this and that. Then tried to find out what there was to know about dragonflies. Their strength, weekneses, how their bodies and parts could be used, and such.

UncleWolf
2011-02-28, 01:57 PM
Elana doesn't really seem interested in the civilians at first and takes out her looted potion, pondering if she should drink it. With a sigh, she puts it into her belt to save it for later. Sure, she hurt at the moment, but it would undoubtedly get worse later on.

She listens to what the help offers and thinks for a moment before turning to the others in the group. "Well? Think we should take any of them up on the offer? If we run into another group like that, we may need all the help we can get." She says, possibly admitting that maybe she's not as tough as she acts. "Of course, I'd easily be able to take care of it, but this way would be quicker." Nope, so much for admitting that.

Zeofar
2011-03-01, 11:27 PM
Ruza stares at the group of adventurers, looking a bit perturbed, as they go about chatting and looting corpses before finally speaking up. "There's a bounty on the dragonflies. You might want to collect it," she mutters gruffly.

Privateer
2011-03-02, 12:46 AM
"A bounty?" Karrak grins. "There's the solution to our money problems! Come on, everyone, let's take these and go get our gold!"

The cleric then proceeds to go around the battlefield and cuts off heads and stingers from dead dragonflies.

Klodin
2011-03-04, 02:22 AM
Margaret turns to Karak. "Are any of these people joining your party? Should I prepare additional rooms?"

Privateer
2011-03-04, 10:35 PM
Karrak looks at his mates for support about the hirelings decision.

"Nay," he finally offered his opinion. "I donnae think we're rich enough to afford to share our gold."

senrath
2011-03-04, 10:37 PM
"I agree. While they would be helpful, we don't really have the money to spare." Taris said, nodding.

Zeofar
2011-03-05, 12:21 AM
"You," Ruza says while casually pointing her axe toward the pathfinder.
"You're a hunter? You got something for hunting these?", raising up the recently severed stingers as she speaks.

Klodin
2011-03-05, 12:52 AM
The man sizes you up. "I carry lures. Want some?"

Zeofar
2011-03-05, 10:07 PM
"I'll take what you have. The big one made a noise, and the others followed. Got anything that can do the same?"

Klodin
2011-03-06, 02:23 AM
He hands you a pungent smelling jar.

"Well goodday, milords."

You spend two hours to travel back to town.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Margaret shows you to your rooms, gives Karak the key then leaves for the night.

Privateer
2011-03-06, 02:09 PM
"Well, alright everyone, let's get some good rest and heal up. Tomorrow we can claim the bounty for these flies and see if we can reach the swamp heartland after all."

Karrak wished his new friends good night and retired to bed.

Klodin
2011-03-09, 12:01 AM
Sun falls, Moon rises. Moon falls, Sun rises. Morning of the next day.

Privateer
2011-03-09, 12:17 AM
Refreshed and healed, the cleric awakened early. He put on his gear and went about the inn to round up the team.

"Ar, come on fellars! We've got us a contest to win!"

Klodin
2011-03-09, 10:32 AM
You meet Margaret in the common room already in business regalia. She looks concerned.

senrath
2011-03-09, 11:00 AM
"What seems to be the trouble?" Taris asked as he entered the room.

Klodin
2011-03-09, 07:33 PM
"Multiple contestant parties failed to report in last night. But only two parties were trapped in the caves. There's strange rumours going around. There's a general warning that parties should stay in town for the day while we await any word from them."

Everyone who isn't Zeofar gets 416 exp, Zeofar gets 310 exp.

Privateer
2011-03-09, 09:37 PM
Karrak looked at Taris and others after Margaret finished explaining the warning.

"Sit here an' wait for others to steal our castle?! No ma'am! We've seen what kind of monsters are out there 'n we beat them handily. If some weakling parties got smacked around by flies and drowned in the swamps, that's none of our concern! And definitely no good reason for us to get behind on the hunt."

The war dwarf catches a breath, angered at the possibility of spending a day idle.

"I'm going to hunt me some dragonflies. Who's with me?"

Zeofar
2011-03-10, 11:24 PM
Ruza enters the inn from the outside just as Karrak utters the last of his speech. "I'll use you," she says simply to the Dwarf. These bunch were better than the dead fools she was with before they had come along, even if they stank like the city.

senrath
2011-03-10, 11:40 PM
"It is only a suggestion to stay in town, correct? Then I shall join you." Taris said, nodding at the dwarf.

Privateer
2011-03-11, 02:19 AM
"...use you."

The heavily armored dwarf turned to face the voice. He idly bounced his heavy waraxe against the palm of his shield hand. His voice was even and polite, but the squint in his eyes was anything but.

"Did ye misspeak there, lass? How's it exactly ye plannin' ta use me?"

UncleWolf
2011-03-11, 11:23 AM
Elandra nods at the others. "Aye." She says in her best dwarfish. (:smalltongue:). "I'll be going with ye to skewer some bugs and mebbee git me knife back." She says, looking much better than the night before.

Zeofar
2011-03-11, 01:02 PM
"In the hunt, Dwarf. I'll take the lot of you."

This one was about as smart as Ulgock. At least it'd make him easier to influence. And to kill, if needed.

Privateer
2011-03-11, 10:28 PM
Karrak shook his head. Much as he liked fighting, the priority was different now, and he made himself keep his eyes on the prize.

"I got no time for yer arrogance," he stated simply, and walked past the barbarian, brushing her with his shoulder.

Klodin
2011-03-12, 02:42 PM
Outside of the inn, you see a lot of people walking about. More so in town than yesterday.

mrcarter11
2011-03-13, 02:54 AM
As the group of you see Isten walk towards you all, he seems quite tired as if he hardly slept at all.

"Well hello compatriots, how are we all doing this fine day?"

Privateer
2011-03-13, 03:58 PM
Karrak's eyes met Isten as they exited the inn.

"Ye look like crap," the dwarf noted cheerfully. "Tough night, eh? Need a heal?"

mrcarter11
2011-03-13, 10:29 PM
"It was quite restless, and those are the worse kind of nights as far I know." As for the heal, I should be okay. Thank you though.

Zeofar
2011-03-14, 12:30 AM
Ruza follows after Karrak as he exits. "Funny, Dwarf," she manages through an amused snort tinged with anger, "But if you're leaving, I'll take the bounty for the dragonflies you poached offa me."

Privateer
2011-03-14, 02:05 AM
"How'yer gonna do that without their bits ta prove them dead?" Karrak grins back, though not maliciously, displaying the heads and stingers he had cut off the dragonflies.

"Bounty can wait, though. The important thing now is to get to the few rare items before other teams can an' deny them. An' I sense there must be something in that old keep, if we can only fight our way 'n there."

Karrak's past anger has by now evaporated and he offered Ruza a warm, friendly smile and a hand.

"We sure can use yer help fight'n in that swamp. Will ye come with us? An' the bounty we can claim later and divide equally. No hard feelings, lass?"

Zeofar
2011-03-15, 06:59 PM
"Fine." Ruza says with forced civility. She has a tense look, but is apparently willing to move on in favor of further dispute.

"Enough talking. Let's go."

Privateer
2011-03-15, 09:26 PM
"Aye," Karrak nods peacefully.

"Margaret! Come on, we're heading back to those swamps."

Klodin
2011-03-15, 09:46 PM
Your commotion attracts attention from the crowd but you push your way through. As you approach the northern exit of the city, you see a patrol of guards stationed along the path.

senrath
2011-03-15, 10:48 PM
"Seems like they're taking the missing contestants rather seriously." Taris remarked as they got closer to the guards.

Klodin
2011-03-16, 10:11 AM
You see another group approach the guards. The group has a docent with them, and what appears to be the group leader approaches the guard and shows him something. Then the group passes the city boundaries into the marsh.

Privateer
2011-03-18, 11:30 PM
With all the tact and diplomacy of a charging rhino, Karrak attempted to walk out of the village right past the guards. The plan was to make it to the heart of the swamp today after all, and he wasn't about to stop and find out what the commotion was about.

Klodin
2011-03-18, 11:37 PM
The guards decided not to get in Karak's way, and let him make his way into the swamp.

Zeofar
2011-03-20, 06:54 PM
Ruza rushes along after Karrak, spitting at the feet of the guards as she passes.

senrath
2011-03-20, 06:57 PM
Taris follows quietly at a short distance.

Klodin
2011-03-20, 11:09 PM
One of the guards coughs softly and mutters, "There's a warning for you to stay in town, but you guys look like you can take care of yourselves."

Klodin
2011-03-22, 06:34 PM
You arrive at the swamp. Roll for spot.

senrath
2011-03-22, 07:10 PM
[roll0]

10chars

Zeofar
2011-03-22, 08:04 PM
[roll0] Let's see what happens

Privateer
2011-03-22, 08:56 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-03-22, 10:38 PM
Spot: [roll0]

Klodin
2011-03-22, 11:11 PM
You see the dragonfly queen ahead. As you approach. Isten notices a shadowy form slithering in the trees and the bog.

Privateer
2011-03-23, 12:15 AM
Karrak kept low, moving cautiously after seeing the dragonfly.

"Wha' da ya think it is?" He asked his companions quietly. "It's definitely bigger than the ones we fought before."

Klodin
2011-03-24, 09:02 AM
"That's the Queen," Margaret responds in a shaky but intrigued voice. "If we can get rid of it, the dragonfly infestations plaguing Emerald Island should cease. There's a 3000 gold reward offered for it's death."

mrcarter11
2011-03-24, 09:37 AM
"Not to alarm anyone, but I think it should be brought to attention that there are other creatures here.

Klodin
2011-03-24, 11:03 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189138_10150112507857484_517632483_6905216_701807_ n.jpg

Roll initiative. Difficult terrain, half-movement speed. You know there's something there. You don't know where exactly. The queen's scales are colourful and she's buzzing loudly so you know where she is.

T are trees. You can bypass them, but you have trouble seeing clearly through them.

Privateer
2011-03-24, 08:03 PM
What does M stand for?

Intiative: [roll0]

senrath
2011-03-24, 09:06 PM

Zeofar
2011-03-24, 10:25 PM

M is probably for Margaret, our docent.

Klodin
2011-03-25, 01:34 AM
Taris goes first.

mrcarter11
2011-03-25, 09:11 AM
If anyone can access my sheet, I can't seem to.. Myth Weavers is telling me no..

Klodin
2011-03-25, 09:22 AM
I can. [roll0]

Taris goes first.

senrath
2011-03-27, 09:59 PM
Nodding, Taris slowly began to move forwards.

Taking a Total Defense action and moving 3 squares left and 2 squares up.

AC: 20 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-footed)
HP: 5/7

Klodin
2011-03-28, 11:30 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196889_10150115771532484_517632483_6933247_4193463 _n.jpg

Two small snakes lunge out from the marsh. You manage to fend them off. You hear additional movement. The queen buzzes loudly.

You guys can go as an entire group now.

Privateer
2011-03-29, 12:28 AM
"Agrrr! Why must thar be snakes?" the dwarf growls in discontent and moves forward, through the trees in front of him, chasing one of the slithering reptiles Taris drove off.

Once in range, he swings his axe for reach, trying to decapitate the snake while staying within the protection of the trees.

Move left two and up one into the tree square diagonal from the top snake.

atk: [roll0]
crit confirm: [roll1]
dam: [roll2]

Klodin
2011-04-02, 12:49 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/200573_10150142690302484_517632483_6962717_7969101 _n.jpg

Karak swings wildly, completely missing the serpent.

We're still doing group initiative, the other three of you have to go

mrcarter11
2011-04-03, 03:36 AM
Isten changes over into his other form, eyes and tentacles spawning seeming at random across his body.

Just provoking a will save and ending my turn

Zeofar
2011-04-06, 09:06 AM
Ruza rushes towards the nearest snake while drawing her weapons, then brings the axe down on her target.

Two squares West, attacking the snake with my Battleaxe.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Klodin
2011-04-06, 05:08 PM
Ruza overextends on her swing and pulls her muscles. Her axe falls vertically forward and the handle of the axe jarrs upwards into her critical region. She is in staggering pain.

That's a 1 isn't it?
[roll0]

Half movement speed, and -4 to to all actions for 8 rounds

Waiting on Senrath/Taris to go again