PDA

View Full Version : Nerdfighters ITP?

Lioness
2011-02-13, 03:21 AM
I figure, with the massive amount of nerdy people we have here, there have to be some nerdfighters amongst you.

Anyone?

For the Nerdfighters out there...have any of you had a look at Your Pants (http://yourpants.org/forum.php)? It's a bit nuts right now, but I'm hoping it will settle down after a couple of weeks.

DFTBA :smallbiggrin:

Brother Oni
2011-02-13, 03:28 AM
Is it odd that when I saw the title of this thread, Yuichiro Nagashima (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcqr2h_otaku-kickboxer-challenges-k-1-2010_sport) was the first person to pop into my head?

Mina Kobold
2011-02-13, 04:39 AM
What's a Nerdfighter? A type of Starfighter?

Or is it a ninja? I think it's a ninja. Possibly a robot-themed one.

Lioness
2011-02-13, 05:22 AM
A nerdfighter is a person who is proud to be nerdy and intelligent, and who fights to decrease WorldSuck. Nerdfighters are not composed of cells and tissue, but instead made entirely of awesome. Nerdfighters are diverse in their hobbies, which can range from writing Nerdfighter songs to playing D&D. Nerdfighters have also been described as someone who is "Outgoing, intelligent and awesome enough to accept nerd as a compliment". The polar opposite of a Nerdfighter is a Decepticon.

Basically, nerdfighters are people who love being nerds.

ghost_warlock
2011-02-13, 06:01 AM
My being a nerd is incidental. I'm much more enthusiastic about my being a geek.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-13, 06:33 AM

I love being a nerd, a geek, an otaku and any other denominator for loving Anime, Video games, Comicbooks, DnD, WoD, Fantasy Litterature, Classical music, Science fiction litterature, Fantasy movies, Science fiction movies Manga, science and drawing any of the above.

Does that count? :3

Lioness
2011-02-13, 06:35 AM
I love being a nerd, a geek, an otaku and any other denominator for loving Anime, Video games, Comicbooks, DnD, WoD, Fantasy Litterature, Classical music, Science fiction litterature, Fantasy movies, Science fiction movies Manga, science and drawing any of the above.

Does that count? :3

Very much so :smallbiggrin:

nerdfighters.ning.com

Fredaintdead
2011-02-13, 06:38 AM
Don't Forget That Brains Attract. :smallbiggrin:
Hi, I'm Fred, I'm a nerd and I'm damn proud of it.

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-13, 07:30 AM
Darling, Fetch the Battle Axe!

I'm a Nerdfighter who is not really a nerd, mostly because Hank Green is awesome and so are his songs.

Dogmantra
2011-02-13, 12:12 PM
I have been a Nerdfighter for not particularly long. Well okay I've been a Nerdfighter for freaking ages but I've only known it for like a month. :smalltongue:

Prime32
2011-02-13, 12:28 PM
I know a Nerdfighter...

Shades of Gray
2011-02-13, 12:31 PM
Dead Fish, Try Breathing Air.

I'm Shades Of Gray in your pants.

Zaydos
2011-02-13, 12:37 PM
If all it takes to be a nerdfighter is to be proud of being a nerd/geek/otaku/freaky myth and fantasy nut then sure I'm a nerdfighter.

unosarta
2011-02-13, 12:38 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181774_1856953621753_1178223738_32238084_141479_n. jpg
Me and For'Ninniach.

DFTBA.

Prime32
2011-02-13, 12:44 PM
If all it takes to be a nerdfighter is to be proud of being a nerd/geek/otaku/freaky myth and fantasy nut then sure I'm a nerdfighter.It's an organisation. Or club, or something like that.

Shades of Gray
2011-02-13, 12:50 PM
If you want to be a Nerdfigther, you already are one. Nerdfighters, instead of being made of blood, flesh, bone, and other tissues are considered to be made of awesome. We fight for nerds, not against them (as the name would normally suggest.)

unosarta
2011-02-13, 01:02 PM
This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyQi79aYfxU) explains it very well.

grimbold
2011-02-13, 01:14 PM
as the only nerd at my school i am a very proud nerdfighter
also i am the nerd outcast
so as i get outcast more i become a greater nerdfighter
it has a proportionate relationship

Teddy
2011-02-13, 01:24 PM
Am I proud of being a nerd? Hell yes!

In both my family and my current school, nerdiness is actually the norm, so there isn't much WorldSuck to battle in my life, but I'll keep my head high no matter what challenges will be put in front of me, because I'm a nerd, and therefore, those challenges are all beneath me. :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2011-02-13, 01:30 PM
If I have to fight world suck then I'm not sure if I am one... my friends are all nerds/geeks and my primary social outlet is a board game club. I love being a geek/nerd and never stop being one... but I don't interact much with suck.

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-02-13, 01:39 PM
Good, now that we've drawn them into the open...

*throws net*

The power of their infinerdism will energize the world for years to come!

Infinerdism, getting them out of the basement and into the power grid since 1977
http://artisword.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/the-matrix.gif

Raistlin1040
2011-02-13, 07:20 PM
Nerdfighters!

I really do need to take a picture of my Giant Squid of Anger tshirt at some point. And thank you for the Your Pants link, I tried to register the day it opened but registration had already closed. I am now in Your Pants.

DFTBA.

unosarta
2011-02-13, 07:26 PM
I wonder if Infinerdism Corp. is hiring.

If I have to fight world suck then I'm not sure if I am one... my friends are all nerds/geeks and my primary social outlet is a board game club. I love being a geek/nerd and never stop being one... but I don't interact much with suck.

By being awesome, and awesome with other people, and putting that awesome up on the internet, you are fighting world suck.

Drynwyn
2011-02-13, 07:32 PM
I'm a nerd, I started a school D&D club, and tried to recruit everyone in the school to it, and k sound my weekends memorizing obscure rule minutaie.
And I'm proud of it.

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-13, 10:01 PM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/ProfessorFrink1.gif

I take the word "nerd" to mean Not Even Remotely Dorky, so thank you for the compliment.

Pretty much this, for me.

Zaydos
2011-02-13, 10:04 PM
-snip-

That made me lol, thanks.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-02-13, 11:51 PM
You better believe I bought the Chewie/Solo 2012 shirt.
And also half of John Green's books.
And also Hank Green's cover of Tom Milsom's Can't.

Haven't watched the vlogs as obsessively as I once did, but, ah...
DFTBA.

Shades of Gray
2011-02-14, 09:52 AM
I want the pizza shirt.

I've bought all of John Green's books, and am currently reading Zombicorns.

Coidzor
2011-02-14, 10:35 AM
Who decided on the name anyway? How could they forget how weak Fighters (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm) are? :smallconfused:

Nameless Ghost
2011-02-14, 10:54 AM
Who decided on the name anyway? How could they forget how weak Fighters (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm) are? :smallconfused:
Nerdwarblade doesn't really have the same ring to it.:smalltongue:

Z3ro
2011-02-14, 11:51 AM
I clicked this thread hoping it was about nerds who like fighting. :smallfrown:

Mina Kobold
2011-02-14, 01:53 PM

Apparently they got it from an arcade game by the same name which made them come up with the idea in the first place.

I think I just added another qualification for becoming a nerdfigher by knowing that. :smalltongue:

Fredaintdead
2011-02-14, 01:55 PM

Fighters are what now Coidzor? Hmmmm?
*brandishes axe*
:smallbiggrin:

unosarta
2011-02-14, 04:53 PM
I want the pizza shirt.

I've bought all of John Green's books, and am currently reading Zombicorns.

I just finished Looking For Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines, but my local supplier (I.E. my friend) doesn't have any others. :smallfrown:

For'Ninniach
2011-02-14, 05:47 PM

Nerdfighters, are, instead of being made of regular human things, like, bones, and muscle, and water, n'stuff, are made of awesome.

If you want to be a Nerdfigther, you already are one. Nerdfighters, instead of being made of blood, flesh, bone, and other tissues are considered to be made of awesome. We fight for nerds, not against them (as the name would normally suggest.)
This.

I just finished Looking For Alaska, and An Abundance of Katherines, but my local supplier (I.E. my friend) doesn't have any others. :smallfrown:

I DO, TOO.
they're in Ely.
And I'll get them by Tuesday next week. Cause I'm going to Ely.

Andraste
2011-02-14, 07:09 PM
I'm not, but I know that my cousin who's sometimes on GitP is, so I have some exposure to them.

Azuyomi244
2011-02-14, 08:42 PM
I'm not, but I know that my cousin who's sometimes on GitP is, so I have some exposure to them.

Hehe thats me lol :smallbiggrin:

Anyway yeah
Nerdfighters!!

Necro_EX
2011-02-15, 05:13 AM
Sounds like some sort of marketing ploy, to me.
Hmmm...GitP's lack of a skeptical emoticon distresses me to no end. :/

Regardless, I am quite proud of my personal levels of nerdiness.

absolmorph
2011-02-15, 07:04 AM
Ah, yes. I just got in Your Pants and have begun posting.
I forgot to register before, when it wasn't 4 AM.
Well, I got it done. Now that I've completed by task, I shall retire to my recuperacoon 'til the morn.

Necro_EX
2011-02-15, 08:05 AM
Ah, yes. I just got in Your Pants and have begun posting.

You know, taken out of context...

That's dirty. :D

Lioness
2011-02-15, 08:22 AM

That's the point :P

I'm glad that Your Pants have settled down a bit now...not so many people in there at once. It's easier to keep up with things.

MartytheBioGuy
2011-02-15, 04:17 PM
Hoo-hah! Nerdfighters! |V|n (>.<) n|V|

absolmorph
2011-02-15, 05:59 PM

Oh, no, I've been caught :smallamused:

Raistlin1040
2011-02-15, 06:34 PM
Sounds like some sort of marketing ploy, to me.
Hmmm...GitP's lack of a skeptical emoticon distresses me to no end. :/

Regardless, I am quite proud of my personal levels of nerdiness.I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you are, and to everyone in this thread who doesn't really know what a Nerdfighter is...
These guys are John and Hank. They make videos. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyQi79aYfxU)
If this is a marketing ploy, it's been going on for four years.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-15, 06:40 PM
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you are, and to everyone in this thread who doesn't really know what a Nerdfighter is...
These guys are John and Hank. They make videos. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyQi79aYfxU)
If this is a marketing ploy, it's been going on for four years.

Also, Youtube videos don't cost money to watch.

Not a very good ploy when you could earn more money by looking for pennies on the street. :smalltongue:

Necro_EX
2011-02-16, 03:53 AM
Well, I had seen talk of shirts or books or such earlier in the thread, which is largely where that stance came from.

Now, after watching that video...
It seems like a word constructed to create a sense of solidarity, but that just seems superfluous to me, as I'm fine with being called a nerd and don't need to tack onto it for that to be meaningful, but hey more power to ya if you're into that, I guess.

Idunno, just a little...odd to me.

Dogmantra
2011-02-16, 11:17 AM
Well, I had seen talk of shirts or books or such earlier in the thread, which is largely where that stance came from.

Those are just things made by nerdfighters. I get where the confusion came from, but you don't need to buy any of John Green's books or Hank Green's music to be a nerdfighter. Lots do, but that's because they're good books and good music which they were introduced to by other nerdfighters. There's a correlation, definitely.

Necro_EX
2011-02-16, 03:25 PM
Alright, well at least I'm not confused so much about the whole deal, anymore. :D

Recaiden
2011-02-17, 10:18 AM
I know of them, but I don't think I am. I don't want to be a nerd; it just happened. I'm definitely not proud of it, I'm just not going to change that for anyone.

grimbold
2011-02-17, 11:30 AM
I clicked this thread hoping it was about nerds who like fighting. :smallfrown:

awww
its going to be okay

Moff Chumley
2011-02-17, 09:46 PM
I'm the wrong sort of nerd, I'm afraid. :smallfrown:

Also, those guys. I remember those guys. Haven't seen that stuff in a while, man...

absolmorph
2011-02-17, 10:35 PM
I'm the wrong sort of nerd, I'm afraid. :smallfrown:

Also, those guys. I remember those guys. Haven't seen that stuff in a while, man...

There is no "wrong kind of nerd".

One Tin Soldier
2011-02-17, 11:01 PM
DFTBA!

So last semester one of John Green's videos was used in my Econ class. It was awesome.

Raistlin1040
2011-02-17, 11:11 PM
I convinced my statistics teacher to let us watch Hank's Probability 101 video.