PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Animals in Rifts

Beelzebub1111
2011-02-13, 05:06 PM
I recently got my hands on a complete set of the TMNT tabletop RPG by Palladium, and since I can't convince any of my friends to play that, would it be possible to use the rules of character creation in those books to create a Mutant Animal to play as in RIFTS? Basically, how much conversion would need to be done to...say...Make Miyamoto Usagi into a Headhunter.

LibraryOgre
2011-02-14, 04:57 PM
Generally, you're looking at a very easy port... Palladium has many flaws, but difficult ports are not one of them.

I would probably give Full Hands, Full Biped and Partial Speech as "freebies"... anything else must be bought with BIO-E, either from dropping size levels or the beginning pool. It's more in line with Rifts. If you can find Rifts: Lone Star, then you'll probably want to use the mutants out of that, and After the Bomb (the newer version, with the elephant body-slamming the robot while a lion fights the guy in armor) is generally even better than TMNT&OS.

Have fun!

mabriss lethe
2011-02-14, 06:31 PM
Rifts has a lot of mutant animals anyway, Play a hunter cat, have everyone hate you forever. (rifts south america)

The Tygre
2011-02-14, 06:34 PM
There's actually a RIFTS conversion book for specifically this reason. You're looking for Volume 1; Volume 2 is a deities and demigods kind of deal.