PDA

View Full Version : Does rage work with Martial manuevers?

Aemoh87
2011-02-13, 07:44 PM
Just wondering if it does.

tyckspoon
2011-02-13, 07:48 PM
Yes. The only maneuvers that are incompatible with Rage are those that rely on forbidden skills, primarily Diamond Mind with its heavy use of Concentration.

Aemoh87
2011-02-13, 07:51 PM
Thank you!

I just acquired a Gutworm and I wanna make sure I can use it :)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-13, 07:52 PM
Save for the Concentration using maneuvers form Diamond Mind, I don't think it would be a problem, and the tiger claw maneuvers even mesh fluff-wise... actually the special feat (Tiger Blooded IIRC) has rage or shifting as a pre-requisite.

Edit: :shakes fist angrily at tyckspoon: Damn cacti swordsages!!:smalltongue:

Jopustopin
2011-02-13, 07:55 PM
I don't know if it helps but we house rule that a barbarian cannot use any maneuver (or stance) from a discipline that has, as it's key skill, a skill that a barbarian cannot use while raging.

The above rule is flexible in that, if you can make an argument for a certain maneuver (such as Battle Leader's Charge) the DM will usually allow it. But you couldn't make the same argument for the maneuver (Order Forged from Chaos). In fact many of white raven's maneuvers are allowed in our game. But you know this is a house rule so whatever works at your gaming table.

AslanCross
2011-02-14, 07:56 AM
I don't know if it helps but we house rule that a barbarian cannot use any maneuver (or stance) from a discipline that has, as it's key skill, a skill that a barbarian cannot use while raging.

The above rule is flexible in that, if you can make an argument for a certain maneuver (such as Battle Leader's Charge) the DM will usually allow it. But you couldn't make the same argument for the maneuver (Order Forged from Chaos). In fact many of white raven's maneuvers are allowed in our game. But you know this is a house rule so whatever works at your gaming table.

This is a sensible house rule. I like how it allows the Key Skills to come into play more. They practically don't mean anything outside of Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw. (And to a lesser extent, Desert Wind)