PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest group you played with?

Akisa
2011-02-14, 05:36 AM
I was wondering what was the weirdest group you have played with (preferably face to face)?

So I'm TDY (Temporary Duty over Yonder) for a few months and I had a relative who also played D&D. So I asked if I can join his group. Their group's personality was very similar to that of Another Gaming group comic, there Nazi Jill (Yes she was old, doesn't allow pizza in her house, everyone gives her the title Nazi), Joe Chaos (Who seemed to memorize every book ), Nuclear Dan (who's older brother is not allow to play with them), Dang (who's parents also named him after a scifi character) and Steele. Aside for their names not matching and the fact they live in the states not Canada and not looking the part they were basically mirror image of a web comic that I read oO.

Eurus
2011-02-14, 05:45 AM
Every group I've played with has been reasonably weird. Or, well, not very weird at all from a relative perspective given that gamers tend to have a higher baseline weirdness level anyway, but still kind of objectively weird. First one was a group of aging stoners who'd been playing since AD&D, who were decent enough guys. Also liked to play the TSR Marvel Super Heroes system, using entirely random chargen rules (fun times, as long as you're not expecting a coherent plot). Then there was the ex-military guys with a thing for really obscure systems (also pretty cool)... then the emo teens (why does it have to be so darn hard to find a decent WoD group?)

Combat Reflexes
2011-02-14, 06:01 AM
The weirdest group I played with was when I introduced some people in my street to D&D 3.5. They were more or less the definition of Chaos, they were ALL playing either a barbarian or a rogue, they wouldn't recognize a plot line even with Inter City railroading, and constanty stabbed each other in the back.

The gods of plot and coherence were crying in the corner, but I had a great time when I wasn't DMing. :smallbiggrin:

bokodasu
2011-02-14, 07:03 AM
My husband thought it was weird when I mentioned that everyone in my Monday night group is married, except one guy with a long-term girlfriend. Go team Normals!

(Depending on how you look at it, it was weirder when I played with the Marine, Navy Dave, Crazy Dave, the hippie twins, and the palm-reader, but that seems about par for the course for D&D groups.)

starwoof
2011-02-14, 07:11 AM
I don't really think anyone I've played with has been especially weird, but what do I know, I wear a black hood when I DM.

true_shinken
2011-02-14, 07:23 AM
I don't really think anyone I've played with has been especially weird, but what do I know, I wear a black hood when I DM.

Wait, what?

hewhosaysfish
2011-02-14, 07:37 AM
I wear a black hood when I DM.

All the time or just when your pronouncing a death sentence? :smallbiggrin:

dsmiles
2011-02-14, 07:42 AM
I tend to shy away from the weird ones. (Which is why I'll never, ever recruit from a gaming store again. It's too much of a mixed bag, you never know whether you'll get a weirdo or not. :smalleek:) Most of my friends are military, so I try to recruit them. They're mostly normal, casual gamers.

starwoof
2011-02-14, 07:45 AM
Wait, what?
I found a hood I used for a halloween costume a few years ago and now I wear it when I DM. Combined with the DM screen it makes me feel really awesome in an incredibly nerdy way.:smalltongue:

All the time or just when your pronouncing a death sentence? :smallbiggrin:

Aaaaaall the tiiiiime!

dsmiles
2011-02-14, 08:09 AM
I found a hood I used for a halloween costume a few years ago and now I wear it when I DM. Combined with the DM screen it makes me feel really awesome in an incredibly nerdy way.:smalltongue:

Aaaaaall the tiiiiime!Have you ever seen the movie Monkeybone? Death's "Deceased" stamp? Yeah, I got one. That's about as weird as it gets for me.

starwoof
2011-02-14, 08:27 AM
I have never seen that movie but if you stamp a character's sheet as 'deceased' like I think you do, that is pretty awesome right there.

Sipex
2011-02-14, 10:22 AM
Stamping a character sheet is much better than burning it. Then your players get to keep it :p

My group is kind of weird, following makeup:

- Wizard who is going for his PhD in social science. Constantly gets made fun of but enjoys it :smallconfused:
Also missing a testicle due to cancer, likes to tell stories about it. Also knows a lot of random facts. Also a /b/ tard.

- Rogue who rarely speaks except when joking around. Can't smell and is partially bald (at 24, poor guy). Makes up for it by growing an epic beard.
Likes to play music from his MP3 player to suit the current mood in the game. Also performs some weird stuff in game.

- Warlock who's incredibly flirty. Likes to wear low cut shirts to tease the Wizard (who hasn't been with someone for 3+ years now). Also frequently goes on strike and won't speak for sessions if pissed off.

- Fighter who flirts with the Warlock and is obsessed with making characters. She has so many characters she makes for the fun of it. Also a very passionate roleplayer.

Reynard
2011-02-14, 01:05 PM
mispost. :smallredface:

I'll add something in a bit.

PaladinChris
2011-02-14, 04:47 PM
I played with my ex-girlfriend 5 days after we broke up. That was Weird. She was playing a rogue, and I was terrified she was actually going to sneak attack me. Weirder part was the the DM was also an ex of hers.

The other player was a VoP Monk. The jerk...