PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Has anyone stated up Eldrazi?

Pika...
2011-02-14, 04:29 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LoklNj_45xM/S9KHbEgClKI/AAAAAAAAAtE/dPRLj6hXPwc/s1600/Time+of+Heroes.jpg

Hi,

The after next climax of my campaign setting features a Rise of the Eldrazi themed "Awakening of the Primordial Ones" theme.

For this I need stats for various Eldrazi, especial the around medium-sized ones, and perhaps the bigger ones (or at least two of them) as "end bosses".

The above image basically inspired my whole campaign.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-14, 04:41 PM
-First off, the legendary Eldrazi should be deities (only directly confrontable by high epics)
-Look for any cthulu related homebrews, and anything aberation related (Lords of Madness should be quite helpful)

peacenlove
2011-02-14, 06:46 PM
Check for homebrew from The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf. For a time they were producing a lot of it. Although flashy, they have surprisingly balanced homebrew, especially the first one.

Also Elder Evils does a good job presenting those outsiders as viable campaign themes rather than "rocks tentacles fall, you die"

Pika...
2011-02-21, 07:59 PM
Check for homebrew from The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf. For a time they were producing a lot of it. Although flashy, they have surprisingly balanced homebrew, especially the first one.

Also Elder Evils does a good job presenting those outsiders as viable campaign themes rather than "rocks tentacles fall, you die"

Linkies please?

Hawk7915
2011-02-21, 08:17 PM
Not a homebrew, but I always thought that Pseudonatural (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm)Titans (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/titan.htm) (for Kozilek, Ulamog, and Emrakul), Giants, or Ogres (for the "Smaller" ones) would be fitting for most Eldrazi. Of course that pushes their individual CR to 25 minimum so you'd probably need some homebrew for Drones or if you were looking to have them fight an Eldrazi pre-epic. I'd also homebrew the SLA of the "Titans" to give each a unique flavor.

PAZelos
2011-02-21, 08:24 PM
Well, they are supposed to be incredibly powerful beings from what i know but you dont necessarily have to limit an encounter with one of them to high epic characters. Although to be honest, the lowest one i would create for an encounter would be a CR 20 creature - pretty much something like Kyuss from the final chapter of the age of worms campaign setting of dungeon's if you're familiar with it :smalltongue:

I suppose you can pretty much do whatever you want when creating one, since the only common ability they had in magic was the "annihilator" ...I'd translate that as an instant-kill effect for whoever gets too close. The pcs would probably need to find an artifact or something that would protect them from that to even hope to get close to the creature and attack it ( **eeeviiil DM**):smallamused:

firemagehao
2011-02-21, 08:52 PM
The pcs would probably need to find an artifact or something that would protect them from that

Kind of like the effect of Tajuru Preserver.:smallbiggrin:

As for stats for Emrakul... Find stats for a jellyfish. Make it Colossal++. Make it effectively a Lich without a phylactery. Give it SR infinity. Whenever it attacks everything within 30' of it is destroyed.

Zerous
2011-02-22, 12:25 AM
While I haven't made the Eldrazi themselves, I have made a special ruling for them. Instead of things like Sp, Su or Ex, they have Nu. Null. They're alien to the fabric of the multiverse, after all, so their abilities reflect that by being nigh-impossible to stop, resist or copy.

Like, for example,

Disaster Radius (Nu): Eldrazi have an aura around them called a Disaster Radius, in which their null energy seeps out into the world, wearing away at everything until there's nothing left. The Disaster Radius is *insert distance here; legendaries should have ludicrous range* feet in diameter. Anything in it takes 1 null damage each round, which *increases by X as the closer they are to the Eldrazi*. Null damage cannot be reduced, resisted or repaired until the Disaster Radius is exited.

...Only, you know, worded better. Null-energy attacks all have that in common, in that they're irresistible until one exits the Radius.