PDA

View Full Version : Avarage AC/Skills/etc.

PetterTomBos
2011-02-14, 04:53 PM
Okay, Is there a table indicating how hard to hit an AC something is? Or how good a skillmodifier x assumes you are? Or any other variable like attack bonus etc.? (I do know the generic class-member tables of the DMG, but I look for something smaller, more dumbed down, less PCish)

Halae
2011-02-14, 04:59 PM
in general, if you want to be on the frontlines, a good rule of thumb is to have AC equal to your level +13, as that will make you reasonably hard to hit. of course, AC gets harder to support as you go, so generally you start getting easier to hit later on but have more health to make up for it. If your not on the frontlines, you probably shouldn't have to worry about it, but should fork over at least a little cash to make a token effort not to get an arrow through the teeth

Far as it goes though? There's no table. You have to judge for yourself

Siosilvar
2011-02-14, 05:18 PM
in general, if you want to be on the frontlines, a good rule of thumb is to have AC equal to your level +13, as that will make you reasonably hard to hit. of course, AC gets harder to support as you go, so generally you start getting easier to hit later on but have more health to make up for it. If your not on the frontlines, you probably shouldn't have to worry about it, but should fork over at least a little cash to make a token effort not to get an arrow through the teeth

Far as it goes though? There's no table. You have to judge for yourself

Level +23, you mean. Level +13 will get you hit very often. Attack bonus is around level +4-8.

Skill checks are about twice your level, maximum. This is spending about 1/4 of your wealth on a +X competence bonus.

Halae
2011-02-14, 05:21 PM
Level +23, you mean. Level +13 will get you hit very often. Attack bonus is around level +4-8.

Skill checks are about twice your level, maximum. This is spending about 1/4 of your wealth on a +X competence bonus.

:smallsigh:

what I meant was besides your normal +10 bonus

RndmNumGen
2011-02-14, 05:36 PM

How do you get 24 AC at level 1? I mean, I suppose if you pulled some shenanigans with Mage Armor and Shield, invested in a high DEX and maybe got Shield of Faith thrown on for good measure... but that's not really front-line melee then, is it?