Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Trip
Special Qualities Low-light vision, scent
Saves Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +2
Abilities Str 15, Dex 20, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills Balance +6, Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats Alertness, Improved TripB, Lightning Reflexes, MobilityB
Environment Temperate forests
Organization Solitary, pair, or pack (3-10)
Challenge Rating 3
Treasure None
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement 5-6 HD (Small); 7-12 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment —

The dreaded bunnywolf is exactly what its name suggests--a bunny and a wolf in one creature. Its head matches that of a white bunny, while its body is that of a grey wolf's.

A bunnywolf is typically 2 feet long, 2 feet tall, and weighs about 20 pounds.

Combat

The creature's eyes are, upon first encountering danger, pitiful and innocent. When a creature comes within its movement range, however, it leaps for a quick bite with anger and vigor, all hints of innocence lost.

Trip (Ex)
A bunnywolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+2 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the bunnywolf.

Adventure Hooks

A local villager raves about a monster impossible to conceive, terrible in its simultaneous cuteness and viciousness.

A child has gone missing. She was last seen exploring the nearby forest, where it is said dreadful creatures lurk.

A pair of bunnywolves have reportedly stolen a wolf pup and a bunny kit from local townsmen. The people want their pets back without hurting the bunnywolves, but they are extremely territorial.

Penguinlion
Medium Magical Beast
Hit Dice 7d10+35 (73 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple +7/+13
Attack Claw +13 melee (1d4+6)
Full-Attack 2 claws +13 melee (1d4+6) and slam +13 melee (1d6+3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Sliding pounce
Saves Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities Str 23, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills Listen +6, Spot +6, Swim +17
Feats Alertness, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Swim)
Environment Cold plains
Organization Solitary, pair, or waddle-pride (3-7)
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure None
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement 8-10 HD (Medium); 11-18 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment —

The ferocious penguinlion has a penguin head, torso, and wings with lion legs and tail.

A penguinlion is usually about 5 feet tall, weighing approximately 160 pounds.

Combat

The penguinlion waddles about dangerously on its hind lion legs with its wings up in the air as if to embrace approaching creatures. However, once its prey is close, it will leap into the air and land so as to slide into its target claws-first.

Sliding Pounce (Ex)
If a penguinlion charges a foe, it can make a full attack. In addition, it does not take the normal -2 penalty to AC on a charge. Instead, it gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC until the beginning of its next turn.

Skills
Penguinlions have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, and Swim checks.

Adventure Hooks

A penguinlion is enjoying the lake outside of town and the villagers are unhappy. They want to go skating, too, but the penguinlion has a reputation for aggression.

A wealthy noble's mansion is to be constructed on an open plain. However, a waddle-pride of penguinlions lives in that location. The noble is unwilling to compromise, but workers fear attacks.

A mysterious injured creature has waddled into town. It collapses in front of you. A doctor wants to take in the unique thing for experimentation and study, while a child expresses his desire to help it and release it into the wild again.

Ducksnake
Medium Magical Beast
Hit Dice 2d10+6 (17 hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Initiative: +3
Armor Class 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple +2/+2
Attack Slap +5 melee (1d4)
Full-Attack Slap +5 melee (1d4)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Quack
Saves Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities Str 10, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills Listen +5, Spot +4
Feats Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
Environment Temperate plains
Organization Solitary, pair, or flock-nest (3-9)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure None
Alignment Always neutral
Advancement 3-6 HD (Medium); 7-12 HD (Large); 13-21 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment —

The terrible ducksnake is a snake with a duck head.

A ducksnake is typically 4 feet long and weighs 5 pounds.

Combat

The ducksnake slithers awfully through the grass around ponds and lakes, quacking as a warning at passersby until one steps too close. It then lunges, turning around and slapping the enemy with its body.

Quack (Ex)
The terrible ducksnake has been known to release a sound akin to the crying of a thousand dying ducks in times of great peril, causing enemies to reconsider their offense. As a standard action, the ducksnake can quack, causing enemies that hear it within 30 feet to take a -2 penalty on all attacks and damage against the ducksnake until they are at least 60 feet away.

Adventure Hooks

Merchants complain of incredibly odd creatures attacking their caravans, quacking horribly and slapping traders to death.

A flock-nest of ducksnakes lurks just outside of a major city entrance. Local leaders have put out a bounty on the ducksnakes, requiring their removal, one way or another.

A ducksnake has been harassing older women. They seem sated when food is tossed onto the ground, but the stalking has become a regular occurrence and families fear for these women's lives (though they don't seem bothered).

Land Outcast
2011-02-14, 09:18 PM
Damn! I thought I had it... probably botched the roll, could have sworn the Ducksnake had a mean nibble attack, not slap attack :(

Temotei
2011-02-14, 09:53 PM
Damn! I thought I had it... probably botched the roll, could have sworn the Ducksnake had a mean nibble attack, not slap attack :(

You got that quack down smack, right Mac? :smallcool:

LOTRfan
2011-02-14, 09:56 PM
Om my god... they're beautiful! :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2011-02-14, 10:05 PM
You know if the party in one of my RL campaigns do what I hope they'll do (but really, really doubt they will as it would be almost certain suicide) then I might actually use these creatures.

Welknair
2011-02-14, 11:08 PM
My team's Druid wanted to have a beefy creature like the Owlbear to Wild Shape into, but wanted to be able to fly as well. So he homebrewed the BumbleBear. Claw attacks and a stinger. And somehow it still has a flyspeed, albeit at 15ft/round.

Silverscale
2011-02-15, 12:54 PM
My team's Druid wanted to have a beefy creature like the Owlbear to Wild Shape into, but wanted to be able to fly as well. So he homebrewed the BumbleBear. Claw attacks and a stinger. And somehow it still has a flyspeed, albeit at 15ft/round.

Why not a BumbleLion? it worked on that 80's TV show I can't remember the name of.

edit: just looked it up. Here's the Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wuzzles) for The Wuzzles With such characters as the afor mentioned Bumblelion, Butterbear, Eleroo, Moosel, Hoppoptamus, Rhinokey, and more. It's a veritable gold mine for crossbreed ideas.