PDA

View Full Version : Can any other game types besides RPG be done in Homebrew?

hamishspence
2011-02-15, 11:24 AM
I wondered, because I thought it might be interesting to try some 40K homebrew- but I don't know if the forum allows it.

There's 40K roleplaying games (Dark Heresy etc) but I was thinking more of the 40K game, Epic, and Battlefleet Gothic.

Innis Cabal
2011-02-15, 11:40 AM
Exalted and homebrew systems are posted there all the time. I'd say yes you can post what ever.

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-15, 11:41 AM
Exalted and homebrew systems are posted there all the time. I'd say yes you can post what ever.

Yes, but they are all RPGs. hamish specifically talks about non-RPG games, such as board games and stuff.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-15, 11:59 AM
My gut instinct says "no," given that the forum is specifically titles Homebrew Design (d20 and RPG), of which 40k is neither. Probably something more suited for Gaming (Other), which is specifically "for the discussion of video games, board games, war games, LARPs, kick-the-can, etc."

Rockphed
2011-02-15, 12:22 PM
I think the biggest problem is one of audience. If you want your creation evaluated by the same people who evaluate RPGs all the time, then the Homebrew forum would be where you want to put it. If you want it examined by people who typically comment on non-RPG games, for instance if you want to popularize a game you have come up with, then the Gaming (other) forum is probably where you want to put it.

That said, I'm not sure whether the mods would approve of your putting it in the Homebrew forum. I'm sure one will be along eventually to answer your question. If you feel that you MUST make your thread NOW, then putting it in gaming(other) and later asking a mod to move it(or, with mod permission, starting a new one there) would probably be the best route.

Roland St. Jude
2011-02-15, 12:37 PM
Sheriff: Put it where you think it belongs and would work best. If it doesn't seem to be working out there, you - or a barrage of others - can let us know and we'll move it.