PDA

View Full Version : Totemist//Barbarian build?

Darth Stabber
2011-02-15, 11:33 AM
Rules
3.5, no setting specific books, no dragon magazine, no pazuzu.
32 point buy.
Only 1 prc at a time, 2 max.
Only 1 additional base class.
1 Flaw Max.
Must spend atleast first lvl as Totemist//Barbarian.
Totem Rager cannot be run opposite of Totemist nor Barbarian (hence the allowance of additional base class, since it is a Theurge-ish class)
Not evil at any point.

Go!

Fouredged Sword
2011-02-15, 12:27 PM
Take druid as the side class. Druid never hurt any build. Sneak in enough levels for wild shape and totemist and rageing take a whole new power level.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-15, 01:08 PM
That might be better than the Bear Warrior that I was thinking might end up in the build. Introduces a little more MADdness into the build (wis), but certainly has more variety than only turning into a bear. My personal first draft was Totemist4/TotemRager10/Bear Warrior6//Barbarian4/fighter10/barbarian6. But with Druid Totemist3/totemRager10/Warshaper7//Barbarian3/Druid17 it could be a nasty combo. Spellcasting always seems to come up in these.

As much as I love Bear Warrior, there are always seems to be better choices:smallfrown:

Master_Rahl22
2011-02-15, 01:09 PM
Ooo, you could take Swordsage on the other side of Totem Rager. Lots of Boosts and Stances for adding damage to all of your 8+ natural attacks, and Counters for nifty utility as well. Just imagine using one of the Desert Wind x Blade boosts that adds fire damage to all of your attacks, say 2d6, and then you make 8 attacks, so you just spent a swift action and a maneuver for 16d6 extra damage.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-15, 01:13 PM
Never mind druid. Swordsage smells like victory. But with the dual+ natural weapons, a closer to literal tiger claw master sounds like an utter terror.

flabort
2011-02-15, 02:35 PM
no setting specific books, no dragon magazine, no pazuzu.

Homebrew allowed then :smalltongue:? use forum search to find Project Mutator 2.0, the thread containing the Evolutionist by Draken.

I push for people to use that class at every opportunity, and sounds like a nasty addition along side totemrager. probably the only class that's MAD and SAD at once, depending on your options. It's the most variable. Class. ever.

But, homebrew is probably still banned, regardless of whether mentioned or not.