PDA

View Full Version : Quiver full of?

BIGMamaSloth
2011-02-15, 02:29 PM
I'm building an Ranger archer right now and I was wondering what kind of arrows I should have. I know archers have a huge problem with DR so I thought i would just carry a big bag of every kind of arrow so I could easily pass DR.

I'm just wondering what materials or weapon enchantments to get put on my arrows.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for bow enchantments that would be nice.

we are starting at 8th level so whatever standard wbl is would be my budget.

Keld Denar
2011-02-15, 02:39 PM
At 8th level, magic isn't a huge option. I'd get yourself a +1 Bow and leave it at that for a bit. Serpent Tongue arrows do piercing and slashing, so thats a good base. A handful of adamantine, cold iron, and silver help too.

That together should cover nearly every DR type up to about CR10-12. Eventually, it might be worthwhile to pick up a Force bow (MIC, +2 equiv) to ignore DR completely, as you'll save money in the long run vs things like Holy or Axiomatic.

Drothmal
2011-02-15, 03:34 PM
Can't you buy one of those nice 2d6 force bows with your starting cash?

NichG
2011-02-15, 04:18 PM
Buying individual heavily enchanted arrows is cheap, and can be a useful schtick. If you can afford it, get a single greater slaying arrow for various types of creatures.

Delwugor
2011-02-15, 04:27 PM
I'd go with a quiver full of Francisca. :smallbiggrin:
http://www.jelldragon.com/images/specials/francisca.jpg

Re'ozul
2011-02-15, 07:34 PM
Can't you buy one of those nice 2d6 force bows with your starting cash?

I second that (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a).

It would eat up most of your starting cash, but its basically the best bow i know. Now ask wether you can get a ring of continuous gravity bow (a Pathfinder (Sorc/Wiz 1) spell that increases arrow damage one step, so you would do 3d6 with a medium bow) and damage is not really a problem

BIGMamaSloth
2011-02-15, 09:45 PM
Thank you for the help! :smallwink: