PDA

View Full Version : Night Angel Series d20 Project

Imbasel
2011-02-15, 10:48 PM
So I'm sure a few of you on these forums have read the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I love the author and wanted to do a variant of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 for people to play in. The biggest difference would be in the way magic worked obviously, but first I wanted to see if anybody would be interested in helping.

Temotei
2011-02-16, 12:07 AM
I'm willing to help if I find the time.

ErrantX
2011-02-16, 01:49 AM
I've been working on making a class for the Talented, as a sort of replacement for the current magic-wielding classes for a very heavily homebrewed game. When I finish it, I will post it and link you to it. I love Night Angel, I really need to get me a copy of his new one (Black Prism) but mostly I want more Night Angel :smallbiggrin:

-X

Castiel
2011-02-16, 07:59 AM
As a quick suggestion as a starting place, Wetboys could pretty easily be represented by a modified Ninja (the Pathfinder version). Its still in playtest, but when I saw I immediately thought of Wetboys. Lacks a little bit of the combat ability but I think everything else is spot on.

Heres a link (its a free download):
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8igw&source=search

Also the Samurai would represent the sa'ceurai (not sure how to spell it) pretty well.

I'd be willing to help out as much as possible, however I think Pathfinder would be a better base, because all of the characters in the story were pretty powerful and Pathfinder might better represent that.

DualShadow
2011-02-16, 01:08 PM
I am willing to help, so why not start with writing some facts about the Talent in order to better craft rules about how it work.

Imbasel
2011-02-16, 09:52 PM
ErrantX I would really appreciate if you did that and in my opinion Black Prism is better then Night Angel. My question is should the talent be a feat and they gain a set amount per level and certain classes give more spell points then others?

DualShadow
2011-02-16, 11:10 PM
My question is should the talent be a feat and they gain a set amount per level and certain classes give more spell points then others?

I'm gonna add the template option into the lot.