PDA

View Full Version : Really odd familier choice [Pathfinder]

Thefurmonger
2011-02-16, 09:04 AM
So as some of you know I am currently running a lvl 5 beguiler in an Eberon Pathfinder game.

At 6th I plan to take Mindbender and then beguiler from then on.

The campaign is about 75% RP, an my character is focused in Enchantment.

Currently I have a raven familier named Trevor (Obtain familier at 3rd)

Anyway, at 7th I was planning to pick up Improved familier and nab an Imp.

Imps are great at.. well, everything. especially with my maxed out UMD.

A little background. my character is NE and really tends more to the N then the E. he is a gambler and really just floats from one thing to another, more then anything he likes Wine, women, and the finer things in life.

So I was looking through familier chouces and came across...... This. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/carbuncle)

It had me at the picture.

Now all I can picture is this little lizard sitting on my sholder and each time we pass a fruit stall in Sharn it despretly trying to use Suggestion... "You REALLY want to give the cute little lizard an apple...."

Then when someone gets wise to it I have what looks like a dead lizard sitting on me while he hides under a table. (Also the fact that they get Jump as a spell like is funny as hell.)

So really my question is this. What the hell could this thing actually be GOOD at? anything? just comic releif?

I'm all over RP, but really my raven seems almost better. is there any reason to blow my lvl 7 feat on this cute little guy?