PDA

View Full Version : Far Realm

Dross
2011-02-16, 11:36 AM
Anybody know of any good game material concerning the Far Realm? I am interested in making a character (3.5e) who has far realm roots and/or aspirations. I sort of want to bring a Lovecraft feel to the character. Any prcs do this? I know of the alienist, and the fluff is certainly on par for what I am looking for, but the execution is pretty poor. Also, I was hoping for a psionic version.

Yora
2011-02-16, 11:38 AM
There is one issue of Dragon that has quite a lot material on the Far Realm. I think it was one of the later ones, probaly in the #340s to #350s.
I think you can get most issues as pdfs at paizo for $5.

Volthawk
2011-02-16, 11:39 AM
If you're homebrew-friendly, Realms of Chaos made a load of Far Realms stuff here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103) (further down are rules for actually exploring the Far Realms and some of the natives)

Darth Stabber
2011-02-16, 11:52 AM
Retooling Wizard PRCs for psion isn't hard, I recommend just replacing caster lvl advancement with manifester level advancement. And coming up with something fun to do with the psicrystal.

Dross
2011-02-16, 11:53 AM
There is one issue of Dragon that has quite a lot material on the Far Realm. I think it was one of the later ones, probaly in the #340s to #350s.
I think you can get most issues as pdfs at paizo for $5.

That sounds promising.....Any chance anyone knows which issue? I went through the descriptions of all the issues from 340 on, and couldn't find it.

Nevermind....found it. Issue 330. Looks promising indeed!

NichG
2011-02-16, 01:38 PM
There's a post entitled Xenotheurgy on the homebrew forum that has a lot of awesome stuff for the Far Realms.

Dross
2011-02-16, 01:53 PM
There's a post entitled Xenotheurgy on the homebrew forum that has a lot of awesome stuff for the Far Realms.

There's some serious heavy lifting going on in that thread :)