PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Fighter/Divine help

Arillius
2011-02-16, 06:43 PM
The playground has helped me with previous characters in this game so I'm looking to you guys again. I am currently playing a lvl3 character. 1 lvl barbarian/2 lvl fighter (Two Handed Template from APG). Race is Mongral folk (Altered version not much there), stats are
Str 17
Dex 14
Con 17
Int 10
Cha 8 (Actually 9 but crit deck against wood golem I fought broke my nose and gave me cha damage)
Wis 13

Feats are Endurance, Die Hard, Power Attack, and Furious Focus.I'll be taking 1 more level of fighter at 4 for the overhanded chop, double strength damage on standard attacks. Next level I'll also add +1 to my Str. So I'll be able to hit at +9, masterwork weapon, with a +14 damage, or rageing at +11 with +18 damage. With that said and done I'll be the hardest hitting guy on our team, and I don't even need full attacks to do it.

So if he survives that long I want to start taking class levels for RP reasons, but I don't want them to way my guy down. He's a very devote follower of a god in the game. So I thought cleric levels. Evil god but Neutral character so anti paladin won't do. Inquisitor just doesn't fit the character. So cleric. The DM let me take 1 domain from the gods list and one domain of my choice as long as it wasn't something the god wouldn't approve of. I'm thinking Darkness and Plant (Growth Subdomain). God is god of death so Plant fits because they die to, and growth fits because in people it means aging. Mechanically it means enlarging as a swift action 4 times a day as per spell. Combine that with Shield of faith spells to keep from losing to much AC and its a pretty cool thing. Theirs a subdomain that lets me go invisible in shadows for a short amount of time, could get me surprise rounds.

Another level of cleric will probably follow, or fighter for the feat depending on what you guys think, then I go into the Holy vindicator prestige class to get my BAB back on track and still keep spells. Also at this point I will be able to go sword and board with channeling into shield + tower shield + shield of devotion, so I'm not just a one trick pony.

So lot of description, but using only pathfinder stuff, and no vital attack (DM doesn't use it on his NPC's either) is there any way to improve this build. Hes willing to listen to anything made by Paizo, but nothing but core and some of APG is pre approved.

Edit: Side note, we are not expected to go above lvl 15. I believe in the last campaign someone actually finished at level 12.

Mojo_Rat
2011-02-16, 07:00 PM
you could look at oracle then rage prophet but you. would need a second level of barbarian for moment of clarity. regardless even with no PFC intent 2 levels of battle oracle would probably be good

Arillius
2011-02-16, 07:04 PM
The issues are the 8 charisma with that. Low magic campaign means its unlikely I'll be getting anything that will get it into the positive, nonetheless high enough for any kind of casting, and the raging aspect is downplayed. Its there, but mostly for emergencies. My character's god isn't exactly an angry being. More the cold indifference of death.

Thanks though.