PDA

View Full Version : Wall-Mart: For Your Everyday Wall Needs

Rasman
2011-02-16, 08:33 PM
so, I'm working on a Sorcerer and a thought occurred to me...Walls can be HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things if used properly, so to fit a theme, I thought I'd make a Wall Sorcerer. Prismatic Wall is pretty much a given at 8th level, Wall of Stone is staple, but...I want something a bit...unique...

So far, the only Walls I've found of note are Wall of Ooze and Wall of Eyes from BOVD, are there any other Nasty nasty Wall spells that I should look at?

Urpriest
2011-02-16, 08:35 PM
Spell Compendium has a lot of fun ones. Spiritwall, Wall of Smoke, and Wall of Sand spring to mind as well-regarded. And of course Wall of Iron/Salt both are good moneymakers if you're that-way inclined.

slaydemons
2011-02-16, 08:46 PM
I remember hearing about a wall of flesh from another person might be in the book of horrid latin (libris mortis) don't have the book next to me but yeah will that work?

vikingofdoom
2011-02-16, 08:50 PM
Also up there: Wall of: Gloom, Bones (both from CArc), Force (PHB), and Gears (Planar Handbook).

Edit: Wall of Flesh isn't in Horrid Latin, try HoH maybe?

slaydemons
2011-02-16, 08:57 PM

huh one would think so since it is like the entire book of undead things and wall of flesh seems like that kind of alley

Holocron Coder
2011-02-16, 09:00 PM
Isn't there like.. the staple Wall of Fire? Thorns, Force, Stone, Iron, Ectoplasm, Ice, Energy, Prismatic, Wind, Illusory...

That's what the SRD gives me :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2011-02-16, 09:01 PM
Wall of Magma from sandstorm.

Enix18
2011-02-16, 09:06 PM
Also up there: Wall of: Gloom, Bones (both from CArc), Force (PHB), and Gears (Planar Handbook).

I'm pretty sure the Wall of Flesh is in the Spell Compendium; when I first got the book, one of my wizard players was very excited that he could finally summon a grotesque wall resplendent with animated limbs to grab people nearby.

Claudius Maximus
2011-02-16, 09:47 PM
Wall of Scales from RotD.
Wall of (Greater) Dispel Magic from Underdark.
Wind Wall.

HunterOfJello
2011-02-16, 10:06 PM
Isn't there a spell that summons a 5ftx5ftx5ft block of stone? I remember reading it a while ago, but haven't been able to find it since.

Coidzor
2011-02-16, 10:15 PM
Isn't there a spell that summons a 5ftx5ftx5ft block of stone? I remember reading it a while ago, but haven't been able to find it since.

I believe so, a step up from a similar spell that creates a cube of wood or sommat to block a square for a turn or two as a first level spell.

...can't remember a name offhand though.

Eurus
2011-02-16, 10:21 PM
I believe so, a step up from a similar spell that creates a cube of wood or sommat to block a square for a turn or two as a first level spell.

...can't remember a name offhand though.

The 1st-level version is Blockade from the Complete Scoundrel, IIRC. Fun spell.

Shalist
2011-02-17, 12:02 AM
Wall of dispel (lesser, greater, lvl 5 / 8 ) (spc pg 234)
Earthlock (permanently turns a tunnel into a mouth that opens/closes on your command)

Somewhat related:

-For more fun, bring your walls with you (or make just about anything into one) using 'shrink item,' and/or 'animate object.' (shout out the command word as you run past it, hear the satisfying *thuds* from the other side, command it to shrink, snag it, and be on your way...)

-Walls of metal (inert or not) + ironguard => fun. +1 if the wall has an illusion (or painting) of a door on it. (Meep meep!)

-'Hardening' of course, to make your walls tougher than adamantine.
-Greater sign of sealing' gives them 10 more hardness, along with 5hp/CL.

edit:

An x/day 'make whole' (lvl 2, cleric), or mending, could be nifty. Perhaps an x-ray ring, if you're

Endarire
2011-02-17, 01:34 AM
Sculpt Spell (Complete Arcane 83) lets you change a spell's area to a 120' line. Hello, wall of tentacles!