PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] I... must... build it...

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-17, 03:02 AM
So I saw this on the 'Picture of Complete Awesome' thread a couple of days ago. And I've already planned a story arc around it.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4047/azeazelbunny.jpg

My word. I love it to bits. The problem, though, is just what to stat it up as.

From where I'm standing, it's pretty obviously a Half-fiend Anthropomorphic Rabbit. That goes a long way towards the fluff of it, but leaves the flesh of the build still up in the air.

edit: I just looked at Savage Species and realized that there isn't an Anthropomorphic Rabbit. Anyone know of a location for it? /edit

What do you all think? I was thinking maybe a gestalt Duskblade/Ur Priest/Something, but I can't quite articulate why at the moment. I'd love to see what y'all can come up with.

p.s. Your input certainly need not fit to these specifications, but for my own purposes the build I end up with needs to be a total freakin' badass. I'll be using him, I think, as a BBEG for a gestalt campaign, so yeah.

Zaq
2011-02-17, 03:04 AM
Looks Hexbladey to me. Probably tweaked to be less sucky, of course.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:06 AM
Rule one: If it's awesome, there's a passable chance it's a wizard.
Rule two: You should specify how powerful you want this to be. Bear in mind that I am directly responsible for some of the most powerful builds around.

I'll build it, if you accept these two rules.

Let's start simple: Open up fiend folio, and flip to the back. You'll note that there are grafts here. We want the fiendish wing grafts. Whether or not we go caster, this will take care of our flight. Better, it gives us a truly excellent fly speed before optimization.

Tvtyrant
2011-02-17, 03:07 AM
I would make an anthropomorphic rabbit, apply the half-fiend template and then go Duskblade. You get lots of killing power as far as straight damage goes and it matches the picture. Alternatively you could make it a minotaur were-dire rabbit to get the look right and then go into Swordsage for weabo fightan magic.

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:07 AM
Clearly a winged anthropomorphic rabbit. With samurai levels. And the fiendish template.

And now for some real suggestions.

Also, yay for Ursula Vernon.

--

At a guess, I'd say Anthropomorphic Rabbit Wu-Jen/Beatstick/AbjurantChampion/Spellsword/Something with that wings graft from Fiend Folio. So long as he can cast Giant Size, you're golden.

Edit: Oh wait, gestalt. Psh. That just got about ten times easier. Wu Jen into caster PrC of choice. Warblade 20 on the other side. Dabble with Factotum if you want to.

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:08 AM
Took me a minute to notice the tiny spear-holding rabbit in its hand, which I assumed was somehow shrunken. Then I realized that the background didn't provide much perspective. So now I'm choosing to interpret it as the spearbunny being a normal-size anthropomorphic rabbit, and the big guy is some sort of massive rabbit god-titan.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:09 AM
Okay. So.... Duskblade as a BBEG in a gestalt campaign is going to last about two immediate actions, unless the gestalt toons are truly gimp.

<Arnold>
Come with me if your want BBEG to live.
</Arnold>

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:12 AM
Personally I would go divine caster rather than arcane (although if you really feel like arcane is more fitting you can always do an Arcane Disciple wizard or something); the skulls have a vaguely holy symbol-ish feel to them, for one thing, plus there's the armor (and yes I'm fully aware that there are plenty of workarounds for armored arcanists, just saying that it's not as common).

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-17, 03:12 AM
Rule one: If it's awesome, there's a passable chance it's a wizard.
Rule two: You should specify how powerful you want this to be. Bear in mind that I am directly responsible for some of the most powerful builds around.

I'll build it, if you accept these two rules.

... I love you?

I'm not looking for a Total Optimization build. Something that presents a very real threat to a relatively high level world? Sure. But not Pun-pun, the Hulking Hurler, what have you. Something that is defeatable, but only if you already know exactly what it's capable of and have planned for a good, long time to do it.

What's most important though, as (almost) always, is that the crunch match the fluff. If you have any ideas, I'd love to see!

edit:
Also, yay for Ursula Vernon.

Amen.

Also, I don't necessarily want to make it Gestalt. It could be cool, certainly, and would open doors to a lot of interesting builds, but if you come up with a non-gestalt (is there a term for that) build that fits, awsome. My opt-fu just isn't enough to come up with enough unadulterated awesome for the pic.

Tvtyrant
2011-02-17, 03:13 AM
Okay. So.... Duskblade as a BBEG in a gestalt campaign is going to last about two immediate actions.

Depends on what the Duskblade is gestalted with and how much higher then the PCs level it is. Have it be a Duskblade/Cleric and then persist buffing spells on itself. If you go with minotaur/wererabbit/fiendish template it starts as large, so it would be huge when fighting the party. Lots O damage and you can grant it some protective spells as well.

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:16 AM
If you go with minotaur/wererabbit/fiendish template it starts as large, so it would be huge when fighting the party.

Assuming the rabbit in its hand is an anthropomorphic rabbit already, it's clearly at least Gargantuan. Needs moar Giant Size.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:16 AM
... I love you?

I'm not looking for a Total Optimization build. Something that presents a very real threat to a relatively high level world? Sure. But not Pun-pun, the Huling Hurler, what have you. Something that is defeatable, but only if you already know exactly what it's capable of and have planned for a good, long time to do it.

What's most important though, as (almost) always, is that the crunch match the fluff. If you have any ideas, I'd love to see!

As said, start with fiendish wing grafts. They're better than the entire half-fiend template, they only cost 10k, and they make you move really fast. Next, we want the trickery domain feat from Complete Champion. This will let us pull many shenanigans. We like Shenanigans. Okay, so we have two defining elements picked out. Let's keep moving.

Armor is a hard one. There's simply not much armor that's remotely passable. I'll set that aside. Sword is much more interesting. There are a couple of really excellent swords lying around, so I'll come back to this after I get my feet settled.

Is the BBEG gestalt? That'll decide pretty much everything.
Edit: Looks like. hold on a bit.

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:24 AM
As said, start with fiendish wing grafts. They're better than the entire half-fiend template, they only cost 10k, and they make you move really fast. Next, we want the trickery domain feat from Complete Champion. This will let us pull many shenanigans. We like Shenanigans. Okay, so we have two defining elements picked out. Let's keep moving.

Armor is a hard one. There's simply not much armor that's remotely passable. I'll set that aside. Sword is much more interesting. There are a couple of really excellent swords lying around, so I'll come back to this after I get my feet settled.

Trickery Devotion is quite awesome for shenanigans, but out of curiosity, is there anything about the flavor of the pic that suggests it to be appropriate? Doesn't really scream "tricksy" to me. To each their own, though.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:27 AM
I just associate devils with trickery, and there's some sort of relationship between the big rabbit and the wee one. So I thought it'd be cool to give the BBEG a similarly depicted route of access to a servitor.

Race-wise, the Hengeyokai from Oriental Adventures are nearly perfect.
Class-wise, it'd be hard to ignore warblade. Getting close. Should have a build in about ten minutes.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-17, 03:27 AM
Assuming the rabbit in its hand is an anthropomorphic rabbit already, it's clearly at least Gargantuan. Needs moar Giant Size.

I read the picture differently, actually, with the character in question being Medium and the rabbit-in-hand being a tiny, re-fluffed familiar sort.

Where is the graft from? BoVD? Would there be a reasonable way to get the horns, too? This being my campaign, I could always just Rule of Cool it, but I have a thing for trying to find perfect synergy between ideas and execution.

As the idea stands, the character will probably be gestalt. The arch will likely revolve around a sort of 'Triforce' type set of objects. This guy? He's getting the Triforce of Power.

Each of the pieces (two? three? seven?) will give the recipient gestalt levels in a particular class and, perhaps, a few other benefits as well. These additional benefits will likely include some sort of companion: the rabbit in this guy's hand, an Eternal Blade's fairy (Hey! Listen!), an Arcane Hierophant's Familiar Companion, etc.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:30 AM
F-Wings are in Fiend Folio, very near or at the back. Under grafts.

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:30 AM
I read the picture differently, actually, with the character in question being Medium and the rabbit-in-hand being a tiny, re-fluffed familiar sort.

I recall seeing a detail shot of that picture once (on Ursula's dA page, probably) and that's definitely a rabbit holding a spear. Either that's a really tiny spear, or a really big BBEG.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:31 AM
I recall seeing a detail shot of that picture once (on Ursula's dA page, probably) and that's definitely a rabbit holding a spear. Either that's a really tiny spear, or a really big BBEG.

Fortunately, with casting, the sky is the limit in both directions. :)

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:32 AM

Also, the cage at his side is another oddity that suggests great size to me. Either he's enormous, or those are really tiny skulls. Although I suppose he might have been pulling a Zelda and keeping pixies in there for an emergency snack or something...

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:34 AM
Also, the cage at his side is another oddity that suggests great size to me. Either he's enormous, or those are really tiny skulls. Although I suppose he might have been pulling a Zelda and keeping pixies in there for an emergency snack or something...

Those poor fairies... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZun0SI1wxU) (Language, violence.)

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:39 AM
Hum, okay:
We can only PrC on one side at a time, so any PrC we take has to be of kingly might. Which pretty much narrows it down to just a couple of possibilities, from where I'm sitting. Ur-Priest is basically an auto-in, and we'd like factotum and warblade. It's pretty easy from here, we're obviously going to want some DMM-Persist, and a ton of font-of-inspirations, at least four.

That'll cover our casties, our action economy, our resilience, and our beats.

Hengeyokai (Hare)
Trait: Aggressive
Flaw: Vulnerable
Flaw: Inattentive
Feat: Spell Focus (Evil)
Feat: Font of Inspiration
Purchased: Iron will, Otyugh Hole

Warblade 7/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Ordained Champion 5/Warblade 1
&&
Factotum 5/Ur Priest 2/Factotum 13?
Ordained champion and RKV do conflict. You're the GM, you decide if you're okay with that. Depressingly, it is technically legal for a Ur-Priest to worship a diety, so we're okay there.

Feats you'll want:
Trickery Domain
Divine Metamagic
Persistent Spell and all pre-requisites
MOAR Fontz

Templates that might be useful:
Vecna-Blooded

You may need to move the levels around a little. In fact, I'd be stunned if you don't.

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:44 AM
Hum, okay:
We can only PrC on one side at a time, so any PrC we take has to be of kingly might. Which pretty much narrows it down to just a couple of possibilities, from where I'm sitting. Ur-Priest is basically an auto-in, and we'd like factotum and warblade. It's pretty easy from here, we're obviously going to want some DMM-Persist, and a ton of font-of-inspirations, at least four.

That'll cover our casties, our action economy, our resilience, and our beats.

Hengeyokai (Hare)
Trait: Aggressive
Flaw: Vulnerable
Flaw: Inattentive
Feat: Spell Focus (Evil)
Purchased: Iron will

I seem to remember that iron will is one of the feats that can be effectively bought from a magical location... Anyone remember the page number for that sucker?

Otyugh Hole from Complete Scoundrel, don't recall the exact page. Google says 151.

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:44 AM
Complete Scoundrel, 151.

Edit: That's not fair! I actually looked it up. In the actual book! Using Google is cheating! :smallfrown:

Eurus
2011-02-17, 03:46 AM
Complete Scoundrel, 151.

Edit: That's not fair! I actually looked it up. In the actual book! Using Google is cheating! :smallfrown:

I prefer to think of it as practicality. :smalltongue:

HunterOfJello
2011-02-17, 03:48 AM
I would use the Anthropomorphic Weasel stats and make it a Antro Rabbit. Then pick out a class that uses Wisdom and can dump Strength and Charisma.

I imagine there are also plenty of homebrew half-rabbit half-human creatures out there. I just found the "Rabbit-Man (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Rabbit-Man_%283.5e_Race%29)" on google after 3 seconds.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 03:55 AM
Think my build is basically done, can someone check legality?

Looks like we can't quite get base will of +3 that early. Anyone got a hack for that? This is almost all from memory, and I can't remember if Crusader gets will as a strong save.

Jarian
2011-02-17, 03:58 AM
Aside from the noted conflict, I don't see anything obviously wrong. I will ask what spell your Ur-Cheater is using to get to Gargantuan+ (unless you're just staying normal rabbit-mode, but eh.), unless the Factotum part is regularly UMDing it.

Also, despite being cool, the picture doesn't say anything about Trickery to me. Death Devotion would be much more appropriate, given the skulls, and as the DM, you can give your BBEG whatever stats he needs to make it useful.

Edit: Savage Bard?

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-17, 03:59 AM
Wow, everybody (and especially Doc Roc), thanks so much for the input!

Unfortunately I've got work early tomorrow but I'll check up on the legality of the good Dr's build when I get the chance. I'd still love to see anything else the playground can come up with!

Until then, night everyone!

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 04:24 AM
Crusader 8/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Ordained Champion 4/Warblade 1
&&
Factotum 6/Ur Priest 2/Factotum 12?

OR

Crusader 8/Ordained Champion 4/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Crusader 1
&&

If saves stack from gestalting, this makes it work. If not, I'll think of something. A savage bard dip works, but puts us at an XP penalty.

Crusader has some odd advantages for us. I was hoping that I could just pull up T_G's old analysis on the subject, but it's gone. We're going to be pretty feat-starved.

Ossian
2011-02-17, 04:40 AM
Such noble intentions! I like what Roc Roc says (as usual).

If I were in a hurry, I would simply take a succubus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm#succubus) (I don't mean LITERALLY, you pervs) and call it an anthropomorphic bunny.

Then advance it to 12HD. Then stack on top of that 8 levels of Duskblade. Then give the Succubus' powers equally to sword and armour

Damage reduction 10/cold iron or good (armour), darkvision 60 ft. (katana), immunity to electricity and poison (armour), resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 18 (armour), telepathy 100 ft. (katana), tongues (katana)

Alternatively you can go for a Lycantrope (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm) (scroll to the bottom of the page, and do a were-rabbit!).

Class levels at leisure, or as Roc Roc says. Duskblade or Hexblade + 1 ToB class and you are good to go :)

Tytalus
2011-02-17, 06:01 AM
Crusader 8/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Ordained Champion 4/Warblade 1
&&

OR

Crusader 8/Ordained Champion 4/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Crusader 1
&&

No offense, but aside from the optimization factor I see no indication of Trickery Devotion or Factotum in the pic. Also, I'd avoid throwing together things that aren't compatible at all (Ur-Priest, OC) - even if that's only fluff-wise, and I'd hesitate to clear RKV for gestalt, since it is, more or less, a dual progression class (initiator, caster). YMMV.

Good call on the fiendish graft and the hengeyokai, though.

If saves stack from gestalting, this makes it work.

Huh? No, you simply take the better progression. Neither of the builds qualify for Ur-Priest in time.

---

Depending on whether you think the creature is, in fact, gargantuan or collossal, you might want it to be able to cast Giant Size (OA), ideally with a way to persist it. Shaman [OA], Wu Jen [CArc] and potentially Archivists [HoH] can do that. Of course, if you allow the Hero domain [OA] to be available to non-shamans, there are other options as well.

For the martial side, the picture seems to fit warblade or swordsage, perhaps even crusader.

---

For something completely different: perhaps the little bunny is the actual BBEG, and the big thing merely its cohort (optional fluff: lover). The bunny could be a simple Wu Jen / Spellguard of Silverymoon / X // Whatever. With SGoS 4's Spellguard feature, he could easily Giant Size his cohort (as apparently shown in the pic). The other side of the gestalt can be pretty much anything. Helpful are class levels that improve spellcasting, add more spells, or provide means to persist them. Only a few levels of Incantatrix (on either side) can do that, for example. As for race, it can be a Hengeyokai again, or an awakened bunny or somesuch.

The big guy seems to be primarily a fighter (not the class; see above), perhaps (better!) with some casting of his own.

Of course, their tactic would be that the little guy would buff his cohort (and himself, where applicable) to high heaven pre-battle.

As a BBEG, this duo is better than going with the big bunny alone, action economy alone gives it better odds vs. a party of PCs.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 11:46 AM
Factotum makes iaijatsu work. See that katana?

Let me fix my builds, should take four minutes or so.
I also left out weapon focus, because I always forget that req.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-17, 11:58 AM
A savage bard dip works, but puts us at an XP penalty.

How would that be a bad thing? :smallconfused:
This isn't a character who is building up their power and thus realistically suffers from the XP lost but a pre-built build with a given ECL. Unless I'm mistaken, multiclass penalties generally weaken characters rather than evening them out, the precise reason so many DMs ignore them.

A Barbarian 1/Crusader 10 isn't an ECL 12 encounter (even according to theoretical core rules)... is it?

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 12:00 PM
How would that be a bad thing? :smallconfused:
This isn't a character who is building up their power and thus realistically suffers from the XP lost but a pre-built build with a given ECL. Unless I'm mistaken, multiclass penalties generally weaken characters rather than evening them out, the precise reason so many DMs ignore them.

A Bard 1/Crusader 10 isn't an ECL 12 encounter... is it?

It would be bad thing because Tytalus would yell at me for it.

Simplified:
Crusader 11/Ruby Knight Vindicator 9
&&
Factotum 9/Ur Priest 2/Factotum 9

CL 18, Arcane SL 7
CL 18, Divine SL 9
IL 20, ML 9
BAB 20
18 Insp

Flaws:
Vulnerable
Inattentive
Feats
F:Font
F:Font
1:Spell Focus(Evil)
Bought: Iron Will
3: Extend
6: Persist
9: DMM Persist
12: Font
15: Font
18: Trickery Domain Feat

Very Simple Alternative:
Warblade 9/Iaijatsu Master 10/Warblade 1
&&
Factotum 8/Rogue 1/Factotum 11
Trait:
Aggressive
Flaws:
Vulnerable
Inattentive
Feats:
F: Font
F: Quick Draw
1: Exotic Weapon Prof: Katana
3: Weapon Focus: Katana
6: Improved Initiative
9: Craven
12: Font.
15: Font.
18: Font

Critical Items for either build:
Belt of Battle
Ring of Theurgy (Giant Form, Giant Form, Giant Form!)

true_shinken
2011-02-17, 12:45 PM
Okay. So.... Duskblade as a BBEG in a gestalt campaign is going to last about two immediate actions, unless the gestalt toons are truly gimp.

I am disappoint.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 12:47 PM
I am disappoint.

Sorry, I've been hacking away at cartoon shaders recently. Did you know that tangent space can be hard to think in?

Rendering either build more intricate is pretty trivial, and they're really both more interesting than optimal. Neither involves Incantatrix, after all. I could do you up a war-weaver one, if BBEG has minions.... For old time's sake.

9mm
2011-02-17, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I've been hacking away at cartoon shaders recently. Did you know that tangent space can be hard to think in?

Rendering either build more intricate is pretty trivial, and they're really both more interesting than optimal. Neither involves Incantatrix, after all. I could do you up a war-weaver one, if BBEG has minions.... For old time's sake.

Oh god.

Come children, it is time for the world to end.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 04:25 PM
Oh god.

Come children, it is time for the world to end.

Remember when I said I was out of the game?

Yeah. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/8/)

9mm
2011-02-17, 04:46 PM
Remember when I said I was out of the game?

Yeah. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/8/)

I weep for the unprepared.

Doc Roc
2011-02-17, 06:37 PM

Cry not for the dead.

The Cat Goddess
2011-02-17, 07:11 PM
Took me a minute to notice the tiny spear-holding rabbit in its hand, which I assumed was somehow shrunken. Then I realized that the background didn't provide much perspective. So now I'm choosing to interpret it as the spearbunny being a normal-size anthropomorphic rabbit, and the big guy is some sort of massive rabbit god-titan.

If you go to the artist's page (http://www.redwombatstudio.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=195), you'll find that it's not a spear in the rabbit's hand, but (likely) a magic staff.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-18, 02:58 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, its really appreciated. Sorry I couldn't get back to the thread earlier. It's been a hell of a day.

Anyways, as to the builds. There's no denying that Factotum levels (and a hefty feat investment) would really make this guy kick butt. I've got to agree, though, that nothing about the character screams out 'Factotum'.

The more I think about it, the more and more I'm liking Tytalus's idea of making the little rabbit a more prominent part of the build. What if we forgot about Gestalt, and had the big rabbit be a Crusader x/Ur Priest 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 and the little rabbit be a Wu Jen 5/Incantatrix 3/Spellguard of Silverymoon 4/ Something 8?

I really don't like the Crusader levels on the big guy, though... Unfortunately, unless we wanna blow two feats to pick up the requisite maneuver and stance, we're kinda stuck. Additionally, we need an extra bit of Will saves to get Ur Priest entry in time. Maybe Duskblade 1/Crusader 1/Warblade 3/etc.?

I could do you up a war-weaver one, if BBEG has minions.... For old time's sake.

Haha, have you cheesed out the War Weaver before, Doctor? Anyone care to provide a link?

Doc Roc
2011-02-18, 03:00 AM
Let's just say I wrote the book. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5881.0)
As said, factotum gets you Iaijatsu and access to the action-economy to use it, which is basically the only way to make a katana incredibly scary.

I wasn't thinking about this earlier, but binder\anima mage could get you most of the visuals, actually. Also, I can whip up a psionic version, maybe. Some interesting meat there.

Black-Eyes, The Dominator
Psion 5/Thrallherd 10/Body Leech 5//Warblade 20
OR
Attarn, The Betrayer
Psion 5/Body Leech 5/Psion 10//Warblade 10/Iaijatsu Master 10

Tagline: You will serve.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-18, 03:16 AM
Damn, Doc, you're awful good at this.

I've bookmarked the handbook, gonna give it a more thorough read through later on. On Iaijutsu Focus... It's a great skill, sure, but how are we getting the opponent consistently flatfooted? We're at least medium sized (if not much, much larger) so we can't use Underfoot Combat, and without both Quickrazors and Iaijutsu Master 5, it loses a lot of its potency.

I'm gonna give Anima Mage a quick looksie, don't quite recall. It's the double progression Binder/Arcane, no?

edit: Also, you edit your posts like nobody's freakin' business. I've got to read them 3-4 times just to make sure you're done!

Doc Roc
2011-02-18, 03:18 AM
Damn, Doc, you're awful good at this.

I've bookmarked the handbook, gonna give it a more thorough read through later on. On Iaijutsu Focus... It's a great skill, sure, but how are we getting the opponent consistently flatfooted? We're at least medium sized (if not much, much larger) so we can't use Underfoot Combat, and without both Quickrazors and Iaijutsu Master 5, it loses a lot of its potency.

I'm gonna give Anima Mage a quick looksie, don't quite recall. It's the double progression Binder/Arcane, no?

I'm decent. A shadow of grandeur in an empty city.
Well, part of the trick is that we're going to abuse surprise rounds, we'll almost always win init, and we can really batter the ever-living hell out of the action economy. The real problem is that anything that comes out of this is either going to wipe the party or die instantly. Gestalt makes rocket tag incredibly bad.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-18, 03:24 AM
I'm decent. A shadow of grandeur in an empty city.
Well, part of the trick is that we're going to abuse surprise rounds, we'll almost always win init, and we can really batter the ever-living hell out of the action economy.

Fair point. We'd need to ensure that we ALWAYS get a surprise round, though. And for some reason I was under the impression that Factotums could only get one additional standard round through Cunning Surge. Is this not the case? Hold up...

Okay, re-read the ability, and I could see an interpretation going either way. Anyone know if there was ever an official (or even just a CustServ) ruling on this?

Jarian
2011-02-18, 06:10 AM
Okay, re-read the ability, and I could see an interpretation going either way. Anyone know if there was ever an official (or even just a CustServ) ruling on this?

As far as I know, no. Something worth considering though: reading the Factotum's abilities like that means he can only ever gain 1d6 sneak attack damage.

Take it for what it's worth.