PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] How would you go about...

Orrest
2011-02-17, 03:32 PM
..creating a character based on John Constantine? A PC, more precisely, of seventh/eighth level. I'm no powergamer, I tend to build my characters with roleplay in mind but, I have no idea how to flesh this one out.

Try and keep to the basic core books - completes included. Thanks. :smallwink:

Hyfigh
2011-02-17, 04:23 PM
According to most descriptions he's a pretty powerful magic-user that chooses not to depend on it. I'd say a wizard or sorcerer with some fiendish-flavor thrown in through PrC's, etc. Just have him avoid being over dependant on the magic and you're done.

Typewriter
2011-02-17, 04:26 PM
Warlock comes to mind, with a lot of UMD, if you want to say his power is a bit darker/arcane.

Divine Champion would also be a decent representation if you want to play him as a warrior of god/divine.

Most fitting would probably be Factotum. Little to do a little of everything, not tied to any one thing. There's a part in the movie (you talking move or comics?) where he is going through all his different holy symbols. That right there reminds me directly of Factotum.

Zuljita
2011-02-17, 04:31 PM
Most fitting would probably be Factotum. Little to do a little of everything, not tied to any one thing. There's a part in the movie (you talking move or comics?) where he is going through all his different holy symbols. That right there reminds me directly of Factotum.

This. The fluff descriptions for factotum encourage using it for Indiana Jones type characters. IMO constantine's skills are Indiana Jones's but with a slightly different focus.

mabriss lethe
2011-02-17, 04:40 PM
seconding, thirding, etc. Definitely a Factotum. What makes Constantine a scary git isn't the power he can sling around. He's not D&D style "Full-caster powerful" What *does* make him a scary git is that he's sneaky, ruthless, and will seduce and or betray anyone or anything to further his goals.

Orrest
2011-02-17, 04:59 PM
Yes, perfect. Thanks a lot. :smallsmile:

Comet
2011-02-17, 05:34 PM
Factotum is the way to go, yeah. Boost your charisma, particularly, since Constantine was always a talker more than a caster.

And don't forget to sacrifice your friends to save the world every time you can, preferably in horribly violent or depressing ways :smalltongue:

TheDarkDM
2011-02-17, 05:37 PM
Not really familiar with the universe, but would Malconvoker work?