PDA

View Full Version : Itunes help needed

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-17, 06:42 PM
Oh how I miss the drag & drop days of my old mp3 player :smallannoyed:

Anyway: I want to delete music off my iphone, and the internet has informed me that to do this I need to tick the "Manually manage music & videos" box on the Itunes front screen.

This is reasonable and easy to do. However when I go to apply this change I get a message telling me it will delete my music library and replace it with my itunes library. Problem is I have no music in there to replace it with because I delete it off my computer once it's on the Iphone.

Am I a complete idiot, or am I going to lose all my music if I ever want to delete a couple of songs?

Thanks in advance,
K-B

Vaynor
2011-02-17, 07:17 PM
You'll need a third-party application to retrieve the songs off of your phone. You're using the phone as the primary storage device, which is not how it's intended to be used. :thog:

Edit: I always use the manually manage option, it may take a bit more work to manage the songs, but it functions exactly as I tell it to.

arguskos
2011-02-17, 07:23 PM
You'll need a third-party application to retrieve the songs off of your phone. You're using the phone as the primary storage device, which is not how it's intended to be used. :thog:

Edit: I always use the manually manage option, it may take a bit more work to manage the songs, but it functions exactly as I tell it to.
That's not what he's asking. He wants to DELETE songs, not retrieve them.

My suggestion: manually back up your entire library. It's not hard. Just find your iTunes Music folder, and copy it. Then, do what it wants and if everything gets deleted, fine, just re-upload it.

Jimorian
2011-02-17, 11:59 PM
That's not what he's asking. He wants to DELETE songs, not retrieve them.

My suggestion: manually back up your entire library. It's not hard. Just find your iTunes Music folder, and copy it. Then, do what it wants and if everything gets deleted, fine, just re-upload it.

Your turn not to read the OP. :smalltongue:

He already deleted all the music off of his computer, so there's no folder to copy to make a backup, it's all on the iPhone. The previous poster's suggestion, therefore, makes the most sense in this situation.

arguskos
2011-02-18, 12:06 AM
Your turn not to read the OP. :smalltongue:

He already deleted all the music off of his computer, so there's no folder to copy to make a backup, it's all on the iPhone. The previous poster's suggestion, therefore, makes the most sense in this situation.
There is that, but what he ACTUALLY WANTS is to, in his own words "Anyway: I want to delete music off my iphone, and the internet has informed me that to do this I need to tick the "Manually manage music & videos" box on the Itunes front screen." :smalltongue:

He doesn't want to recover anything (though my prior post is incorrect, and I apologize, Vaynor), but just wants to delete stuff off the phone. In this case, Vaynor's right, a back-up utility is needed.

Also, K-B, why don't you keep your music on the computer? That... causes issues, like you're seeing here.

Qeekay
2016-08-23, 12:56 AM
When you deleted your itunes backup files by yourself. You will not recover data from itunes. There are also some methods can help recover data from the iphone itself. Just pay some money for getting some apps.