PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Price of Freedom

Lycan 01
2011-02-17, 07:23 PM
In the shaded lighting and smokey haze of a Corellian bar, a group of prospective spacers have gathered to start a small venture together. From varying corners of the galaxy, ranging from spacehounds to aristocrats, they've somehow joined up together and come into joint possession of a starship. After pooling their credits, they've purchased a Corellian YT-1300 freighter. Used, of course. Its a stock model with the basic features expected of that model starship, albeit a little worse for wear. The ship is currently docked at one of the nearby spaceports, which is located only located several blocks over.

Unfortunately, they were only able to put down slightly more than the required down payment. They're still about 12,000 credits short of fully paying off the ship. But this is Corellia - somebody's always looking to hire a starship and crew. Be it for transport, smuggling, exploring, escaping, or just an excuse to burn credits, there are many reasons for somebody to wish to pay for their services. The problem, however, is finding the right deal.

The group is seated at a small table in one of the back corners of the cantina. Its still the middle of the afternoon, though you couldn't tell from the dim lights and lack of windows. Ergo, the bar is nowhere near full, though it does have a decent amount of patronage right now. The bartender and owner of the establishment is a somewhat obese Quarren, who's casually cleaning glasses behind the bar. A black-furred Wookie is calmly sitting at the bar enjoying his drink, while a green-skinned Rodian sitting a few seats down from him is completely sloshed and liable to fall off of his stool any minute now. A Twi'lek barmaid with blue skin and revealing attire casually makes her rounds, delivering drinks to and ignoring crass remarks from a pair of Zabrak scoundrels. Meanwhile, a cloaked Bothan and a lightly-armored Trandoshan sit at another table near the back of the bar, having a quiet discussion while watching the rest of the bar with disinterest.

Alright, folks, you to use this opportunity to introduce and describe your characters, then do whatever the heck you want. Feel free to talk to NPCs, order food and drink, try to find work, or wait for work to perhaps come find you. Have at it! :smallbiggrin:

PaladinChris
2011-02-17, 08:02 PM
Koskit sits at the booth with the others, he back against the wall. Initially his creamy fur rippled with agitation and nervous, but he has since calmed down. His dark eyes continue to dark around the room, however. He wears a pistol at his hip, apparently with some familiarity. His simple tunic gives no indication to any wealth status.
He orders a round of drinks for the table as the Twi'lek barmaid comes around. Once they arrive, he takes his glass, and raises it in toast.
"Here's to partners, eh?"

russdm
2011-02-17, 08:27 PM
Wash raises his mug of Corellian Ale to Koskit. "I agree with you there partner. We got ourselves a nice ship. We should give it a name, and us some business." Wash drinks down his ale. (For appearence think of Wash from Firefly, as well as looks plus voice; after all, i am basing my character on Wash)

Phobia
2011-02-18, 06:42 PM
Relina Daws

"To the big score." Relina says, raising her drink to toast the others and draining it down. She sighs deeply as she lets the warmth of the brew wash over her, trying to ignore the fact that she spent her very last credit on this. Living Expenses, that darn ship, this.. she hoped she wouldn't be kicked out of her modest apartment. The former Imperial Storm Trooper let her eyes wander the bar slowly, letting her eyes linger on the Twi'lek for longer than she should, before ending up looking back at her drink.

"Maybe we should put up a sign.." She suggested half-heartedly, taking another large gulp. "But that lot over there looks interesting, if dangerous. But aren't those the same thing?" Relina said with a partial smile, gesturing her drink towards the Bothan and his lizard-pal.

Lycan 01
2011-02-18, 08:56 PM
"Here you folks go," the barmaid says as delivers the group their drinks, giving them a much friendlier smile than what she'd given the other obnoxious customers. "Just let me know if you need anything else..." she politely informs them, before her lithe Twi'lek frame slinks away to go check on the other patrons.

The Bothan and Trandoshian appear oblivious to Relina's gesture towards them. Its unlikely they could have heard her, either, considering they're several tables over and there is somewhat loud music playing through unseen speakers for ambient noise. Indeed, the two aliens seem to just be sharing a muted conversation, casting occasional glances at various other patrons.

The Rodian downs another shot, nearly falling off of his seat in the process.

PaladinChris
2011-02-19, 10:14 AM
Kostik take a mighty swig of the ale. Ugh. I still can't believe you humans call this good. But, when in Coruscant.... He finishes his drink in another long drought. Perhaps we should ask our lovely server if she knows of anyone requiring passage or shipments moved. Or perhaps the bartender?

Phobia
2011-02-19, 11:21 PM
Relina Daws

"You just want us to spread that around in Imperial times?" Relina whispered with venom in her voice, "People will sell you for a single credit." She took a moment to herself and leaned back, waving her hand dismissively. "Do what you think we need to do. Stand up on the table and yell it to the whole bar if you have too- I need the cash."

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 01:49 AM
Koskit looks offened. "I wasn't suggesting shouting that we would carry anything, including illegal goods. There are plenty of good citizens who would pay for a ride on a ship by themselves. I was merely wondering if some of the establishment knew of such customer."

Phobia
2011-02-20, 02:02 PM
Relina Daws

"Oh, yeah, of course." Relina said, a little redness creeping up on her. "Because you're such an upstanding citizen." She said under her breath, cracking her knuckles and drumming them on the table. "Not that you'd be opposed to that, right?" Relina asked tentatively, because she sure wasn't opposed to it.

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 03:09 PM
"Well of course I would take just about any kind of work offered. I'm no friend of...certain laws. I know better than to advertise it though." Koskit sighs, hoping that he and his partners can find some form of an agreement

Phobia
2011-02-20, 06:34 PM
Relina Daws

"Yeah, the hardest part of doing jobs isn't doing them, it's getting your foot in the door, ya know?" Relina said, watching the Twi'Lek make her rounds. "I just hope none of these dregs recognize me." She mumbled while taking a drink.

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 06:50 PM
Koskit motions for the Twi'lek. "Excuse me," he says as she gets near. "Would you know of anyone in need of a ship? We've just arrived, and don't have any local contacts yet."

Lycan 01
2011-02-20, 08:32 PM
The barmaid returns to the table, and hears out Koskit's request. She works her jaw thoughtfully for a moment, then shakes her head and says, "Sorry, I don't know anybody off the top of my head. If you'd like, I can ask around and see if anyone might be looking for such services. Is there anything else I can get for you folks in the meantime?"

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 08:56 PM
"That would be fantastic. I'll take another drink." He gets out a few credits. "Keep the change." He winks, his fur ruffling slowly.

Koskit sighs as she walks off. He drains the last of his drink in one large gulp, and settles back in his chair, looking at his partners.

Lycan 01
2011-02-20, 10:17 PM
The Twi'lek smirk playfully at Koskit's generous gift. "Why thank you sir, I'll take care of it right away..." she says in a friendly manner before turning to fetch his drink. As she walks away, its obvious that her hips now have a more deliberate sway, clearly meant to give the Bothan more to look at than usual.

Around that same time, a figure in a grey traveler's cloak enters the bar, and quietly takes a seat at the nearest table.

PaladinChris
2011-02-21, 02:21 PM
Koskit eyes the twi'lek appreciatively, almost not noticing the figure coming into the bar.

Once he does, he quickly studies the man, trying to learn more about him.
Perception:[roll0]

Lycan 01
2011-02-21, 02:41 PM
Koskit's willpower is no match against the distracting might possessed by a pair of swaying Twilek hips. He is unable to draw his attention away from the alien's mesmerizing rear end.

russdm
2011-02-21, 07:31 PM
Wash pays Relina a brief glance. "You worried about some dregs? What about your partners? Look we take what paying jobs we can get. If a little bit of it is under the table, we have plans to get out of trouble. If we are going to be doing business, then we need back-up plans in case stuff goes wrong. May i suggest though that we try to avoid getting involved in anything that might annoy the Empire without making sure to first come up with a way to avoid imperial entanglements? I would rather not get sent to Kessel. Also, we should try to establish a really good reputation; that will bring customers our way." Wash suggests. He glances at the patron who came in, then back to Relina and Kosk, to see what they have to say.

PaladinChris
2011-02-22, 09:03 AM
Koskit is still starring at the twi'lek, a glazed look in his eyes. "Right... paying. Under the table. Trouble. Entaglements. Heh. Right."

Phobia
2011-02-22, 05:16 PM
Relina Daws

"Don't you talk to me like you know me, Wash. I've seen Kessel, and it's worse than you imagine." Relina said, shooting him a glare. She looked over at the mysterious man coming in now and tried to get her own opinion of him.

Perception: [roll0]

russdm
2011-02-22, 07:03 PM
Wash waves his hand in front of Kosk's eyes. "Hello? Look, Relina, I don't know you, you're right. But we're partners now, and partners need to trust each other. Who's the dude that walked in?" Wash asks.

Lycan 01
2011-02-22, 07:51 PM
Relina

Relina sees that the traveler is not a "dude" at all. As the stranger takes a seat, she catches a brief glimpse of the face beneath the cloak's hood. Its a young human woman, her face framed by locks of wavy blond hair. The woman quickly adjusts her hood, though, obscuring her face once again before Relina can make out any further details.

The Twi'lek tells the bartender to prepare Koskit another drink. While he does so, she quickly scurries around the bar, quietly speaking to the various patrons, the cloaked stranger included. It seems she's trying to find job opportunities for Koskit and his partners before she returns with his drink.

PaladinChris
2011-02-23, 09:19 AM
Koskit snaps out of it as Wash's hand flips in front of his face. "Eh... Right. Sorry. Got lost in thought there.

Phobia
2011-02-23, 07:16 PM
Relina Daws

Relina watches both the Twi'Lek and the stranger, now that she knows more about the cloaked individual. She continues to study her, but trying to be subtle about it, anticipating going over to speak with her.

Lycan 01
2011-02-23, 08:19 PM
After a few minutes, the Twi'lek returns to the table with Koskit's drink. Setting it down in front of the Bothan, she says, "Here you go, sir." She then adds in a low tone of voice: "I asked around for you, and it seems there is somebody here looking for a ship and crew. The patron in the grey cloak is seeking transit off-world. They'd like me to ask you if they could come speak with you about potential business."

russdm
2011-02-23, 08:45 PM
Wash answered. "Sure, we would love to have a chat." He says.

Lycan 01
2011-02-23, 09:08 PM
"Alright, sir. I'll send them right over," the Twi'lek nods, heading back towards the strangers table. They share a few words, and then the stranger rises from their seat and walks over towards the crew's table.

The stranger in the grey cloak stops when they get to the table, but doesn't take a seat. While the hood is still over most of their face, the lower portion is visible, revealing them to be a human. "I understand you're the crew of a transport vessel?" the ask, their voice further revealing that they are a young female member of the human race, not far beyond 20 years of age. "I would like to purchase transport to the planet Tattooine. What would be the price of passage on your vessel?" Her tone of voice is focus and professional, and she shows no signs of the hesitation or trepidation that might be expected from somebody her age in this situation.

Phobia
2011-02-24, 02:18 PM
Relina Daws

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Relina asked directly. She could tell this woman wanted to get as far from here as possible. The woman leaned up on the table and kept her eye on the stranger. "I just want to know what kind of thing we're getting ourselves into- then we can tell you what's enough."

PaladinChris
2011-02-24, 10:14 PM
As Relina speaks with the woman, Koskit gives a look of thanks to the barmaid, then turns his thoughts back on the task at hand.
"What my partner is saying here is that we can provide transport. However, the fee for transportation is related to the...risk.... we must undertake.

Lycan 01
2011-02-24, 11:19 PM
"My business is my own. But I am willing to pay you 15,000 credits if you'll get me to Tattooine as quickly and as quietly as possible," the young woman calmly states. "5,000 now, and then 10,000 when we get there."

russdm
2011-02-25, 08:47 PM
Wash nods. "That sounds good to me. Do either of you have any concerns?" Wash asks his partners.

Phobia
2011-02-26, 03:48 AM
Relina Daws

"That's a lot of credits for simple transportation." Relina says with obvious suspicion, checking their mysterious stranger out. "But.. screw it, I'm bored and need the cash. I actually do hope you're in some kind of trouble." She jokes, smiling at her. "Tattooine, mm. We'll do it, right guys? I'm Relina. Relina Daws." The former Imperial says concisely, extending her hand to their guest. "And you are?"

PaladinChris
2011-02-27, 05:10 PM
Koskit nods as Relina agrees to the mission. Anything to stay another step away from trouble. Even if it is to that sandy, backwater world.

Lycan 01
2011-02-27, 05:36 PM
"My name is Jasmine," the cloaked woman nods to Relina. "Nice to meet you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just return to my table and let you return to your business. Come and get me when it is time to leave." The mysterious woman then returns back to her table.

Anything else y'all want to do in the cantina? Otherwise, just let me know when you want to head back to your ship.

PaladinChris
2011-02-27, 06:16 PM
Koskit waits for the woman to leave. "Well, it looks like a good start! Now, before we leave, I've got something to do..."

Koskit gets up from the table, and wanders over to the twi'lek. He spends a few moments in conversation with her, and returns to the table.

Koskit was getting her name and number, for future reference. And seeing how busy she was before they left planet. :smallwink:

Phobia
2011-02-28, 01:24 AM
Relina Daws

"Jasmine." Relina says to herself, letting her mouth taste the flavor of that name. She rolls her eyes at Koskit's antics before standing up. "I'll join you." She offers to Jasmine, taking her drink and following the girl back to her table.

"My crew isn't much use." The former-Imperial jokes, gesturing over at Koskit. "But they'll do the trick I suppose. Anything else you'd like to share with the class before we found ourselves stuffed up the wrong end of a Sarlaac?"

Lycan 01
2011-02-28, 02:38 PM
Koskit

Koskit's smooth talking earns him some good results. The Twi'lek gives you her name - Sarrilla - and her contact information, and she says that she's due for a short break soon. With a sly smirk, she whispers that if his friends don't need him to get the ship ready, there's nothing wrong with him spending a bit of extra time in the cantina after they leave.

Relina

Jasmine doesn't protest Relina joining her at the table. She idly watches Koskit smooth-talk the Twi'lek, then smirks at Relina's sarlaac joke. "I can assure you, I have not angered any crime lords. I simply need to find somebody. But, it would be better if I got there in a discrete manner..." she says, her smirk fading. She looks a bit uncomfortable, in fact, as though she is trying to decide whether or not she should say something...

Wash

You're alone at your table now. Everyone has forsaken you. Perhaps they don't love you. Oh well, at least you can enjoy your drink in peace...

russdm
2011-02-28, 09:08 PM
Wash quickly finishes his drink and heads to the ship to get it started up. He will walk at a leisurely pace, but will try to get there before his partners, so he can have the ship ready to take off, thus saving time.

Before Wash leaves the Cantina, he will pay for his drink if he has not already done so.

Lycan 01
2011-02-28, 09:17 PM
Wash

You go to pay the bartender. He's fixing the Wookie a drink at the moment, so he'll get to you in a moment.

Relina

Jasmine points at the bar, where Wash is trying to pay his tab. "It seems your crewman is preparing to leave. Shall we accompany him?"

Phobia
2011-03-01, 01:03 PM
Relina Daws

The young woman smiles at Jasmine and takes a sip of whats left of her drink. "You can understand my skepticism, people don't generally go to Tattooine for noble reasons, but we can certainly help you, and will to our.. fullest extent." Relina says, studying the other woman's face. She's about to pry further when Wash begins to leave, causing Relina to shrug daintily at Jasmine's suggestion.

"You're the boss." She offers with a smirk, before getting up to join Wash.

PaladinChris
2011-03-01, 06:00 PM
Koskit watches as Wash approach the bar. He walks over to them, giving Sarrilla a smile, and uplifting of the forefinger (the intergalactic sign for just a moment).

He walks up to Wash at the bar. "So, what's the plan? Are we leaving tonight, or tomorrow? Do you need me for preparations?"

Lycan 01
2011-03-02, 03:40 PM
Jasmine follows Relina to the bar, where Wash has just finished paying for his drinks. "I'd say the sooner we leave, the better," Jasmine observes, in response to Koskit's questions. "But I think we can handle warming up the ship without you, if you have more urgent business to attend to..." she informs him. Even with her cloak's hood up, its visible that she's arching an eyebrow in the direction of the scantily clad Twi'lek.

russdm
2011-03-02, 06:09 PM
Wash shrugs. "I was hoping to check out the ship and make sure to start warming up the ship. I don't know if you have anything you need to do, but I figured that we were planning on leaving soon, perhaps later today or early tommorrow. Gotta make sure we have fuel and such." Wash says.

PaladinChris
2011-03-02, 09:27 PM
With a slight sigh, Koskit nods. "I know my duty. I'm on the job. Give me a moment..."
Koskit walks back to Sarrilla, and holds a quiet conversation.

Koskit apologizes for having to leave, and suggests that perhaps next time he is on planet, they can get dinner.

He walks back to the group. Looking at Jasmine, he says "Ms. Jasmine, your protection is my first priority. At your leisure, we can leave." He nods at his partners, assuring them of his focus.

Phobia
2011-03-05, 01:06 PM
Relina Daws

"Well, let's not dawdle." She suggested, hurrying everyone gathered to the ship.

Lycan 01
2011-03-05, 03:10 PM
Koskit:
The Twi'lek is disappointed, but looks forward to your return.

Everyone:

"The sooner we leave, the better..." the woman shrugs to Wash. At Koskit and Relina's suggestions, she nods and begins to head for the door.

The group steps outside, and finds the street mostly deserted. There are a few streets between them and the city's spaceport, so it shouldn't be too far of a walk. However, there is one thing obstructing their path.

An Imperial Officer, flanked by a pair of Stormtroopers.

"Hold it right there!" he barks. He then says with a sneer: "That woman you're with is a wanted fugitive. You're all under arrest for questioning, though if you hand her over now peacefully, you'll likely be spared any charges. Serious ones, at least..."

The Officer has his blaster drawn, while the Stormtroopers have their weapons lowered and at relative ease.

PaladinChris
2011-03-06, 06:24 PM
Koskit looks at the others, wishing he had brought his carbine along. This could get messy. Speaking at Jasmine, he say "Is this true?" While doing so, he slowly lowers his hand closer to his pistol, holstered at his hip.

Phobia
2011-03-08, 02:43 AM
Relina Daws

Relina gives Jasmine an accusing look and mouths I knew it at her, shaking her head before looking at the Stormtroopers. "Charges, for what, sir? I can assure you we partook in no illegal activity whatsoever." She continues, stepping towards them and a little in front of Koskit in an half-effort to conceal him. "I'm sure if we all just calm down and you explain the situation rationally any trouble can be avoided. How do you even know this is who you're looking for?"

russdm
2011-03-08, 04:52 PM
Wash will step in front of Jasmine, glaring at the officer. "From what I remember of Imperial Law, you have to inform us of what you are charging us for. If not, you are then arresting us illegally and could get in trouble. Of course, The Emperor frowns on his laws being abused. I would like to know why exactly you are arresting us." Wash will say.

He will whisper to Relina, "I was afraid this would happen, so thats why I planned on leaving early just in case." He whispers.

Lycan 01
2011-03-08, 06:09 PM
"It was never my intention to draw you into this, and for that I apologize..." Jasmine mutters to the group.

The Imperial officer answers Relina and Wash's questions together, his eyes narrowing at their reticence to come along quietly. "You are being taken into custody under suspicion of aiding a wanted criminal and an enemy of the Empire. If we are mistaken, you will be free to go."

However, Wash's whispered words to Relina do not avoid his attention. "You were afraid you'd get caught, eh?" he growls, his gaze hardening. "Why would you have something to hide if you're innocent, as you claim?"

As if negotiations were not failing enough, the Imperial Officer then notices Koskit's hand moving towards his hip. "Bothan! Hands up!" he barks, making a movement to raise his own pistol. The Stormtroopers on either side of him also move to raise their rifles into an aiming position.

If you intend to try and fight, roll Initiative. Otherwise, hands up... :smalleek:

Imperial Officer Initiative: [roll0]
Stormtrooper Initiatives: [roll1]

PaladinChris
2011-03-08, 06:26 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Unwilling to get captured and possibly turned back into the authorities, Koskit's hand leaps for his pistol, counting on his trained reflexes to be just quicker than the troopers.

russdm
2011-03-08, 06:29 PM
(Initiative)[roll0]

Wash, though hesitent to attack the imperials, will back up his friend and will try to draw his blaster pistol so he can use it in this fight.

Phobia
2011-03-09, 02:13 AM
Relina Daws

Great.

The woman bites her lip and pulls her standard issue Stormtrooper Class Rifle from her back as quickly as possible, training its sights on the Captain.

"Stand down, soldier! No one wants to go to prison or be gunned down today!" She barks, drawing on the voice she used on new recruits in the squad. "So, let's just calm down and take a breather before anything rash happens."

Let's try some Persuasion before anybody gets murdered.. XD

Persuasion: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

PaladinChris
2011-03-10, 06:08 PM
Koskit reacts just slightly slower than Relina, grabbing his pistol from the holster in a fluid action. He trains the sights on the captain as well, and lets Relina's words do the talking.

Lycan 01
2011-03-11, 12:39 PM
Its a tense moment as everyone draws their weapons. The Officer and his two Troopers raise their weapons, but hold their fire, clearly surprised by the speed at which the spacers pulled their guns. If they could draw their weapons that fast, it was doubtful the Imperials could shoot before them...

The Officer scowls, but his expression betrays surprise when Relina starts barking at him and he sees her Stormtrooper-issue weapon. He listens to what she has to say, his scowl slowly softening as he contemplates the situation. "You've got a point..." he growls, his aim not faltering. "If we start shooting now, everyone will wind up dead. What would you suggest then, trooper?" he smirks.