PDA

View Full Version : Monk's Belt

Cisturn
2011-02-17, 08:43 PM
Can someone explain to me how a Monk's Belt works in 3.5. I'm playing a Cleric and would love to add my wisdom modifier to my ac, but would it mean that I couldn't wear other armor?

Also I'm rolling up a ninth level cleric. Does anyone have any other suggestions about what kind of equipment I should purchase?

Thurbane
2011-02-17, 08:46 PM
The Monk's Belt grants an armor bonus to AC, so it would not stack with actual armor - the higher number would apply.

chaos_redefined
2011-02-17, 08:46 PM
Correct. You would get wisdom+1 to AC, but it wouldn't work if you were wearing armor. Better on a druid or a cloistered cleric.

Edit: Correction to the person above me. It doesn't count as an armor bonus. If you get bracers of armor or someone casts armor on you, that would stack.

Eldariel
2011-02-17, 08:47 PM
Can someone explain to me how a Monk's Belt works in 3.5. I'm playing a Cleric and would love to add my wisdom modifier to my ac, but would it mean that I couldn't wear other armor?

Yes, though you can use Bracers of Armor or spells such as Greater Luminous Armor [Book of Exalted Deeds] that provide you with a magical "armor".

Also I'm rolling up a ninth level cleric. Does anyone have any other suggestions about what kind of equipment I should purchase?

Depends on your sources; some useful Metamagic Rods, Strand of Prayer Beads, Ankh of Ascension [MiC], Circlet of Rapid Casting [MiC], etc. are all good. Generally, stuff that improves your magic one way or another tends to be the way to go; metamagic, caster level, etc.