PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Quicken Supernatural Ability

Thurbane
2011-02-17, 09:31 PM
I asked this in the Q&A thread, but there was no response.

Is there an equivalent of the Quicken Spell Like Ability feat for Supernatural abilities? Either as a feat or any other ability.

I know that gaining an extra standard action (Belt of Battle etc.) would be functionally equivalent, but I’m looking for other options.

Cheers - T

sonofzeal
2011-02-17, 11:16 PM
Your wish is my demand! (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Quicken_Spell-like_Ability)

Thurbane
2011-02-17, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, that feat only works for (Sp)ell-like Abilities. I'm looking for a way to quicken (Su)pernatural abilities.

sonofzeal
2011-02-17, 11:34 PM
Ah sorry, misread.

There's Quicken Utterance, Mystery, Psi-Like, Power, Turning, and a couple other more obscure ones. But (Su) is not covered afaik.

Amnestic
2011-02-17, 11:37 PM
To my knowledge there aren't any exact Quicken Supernatural Ability feats - there might be some more specific ones like Quicken Breath Weapon. Might be something for you depending on what supernatural ability you want to quicken exactly.

Thurbane
2011-02-18, 12:42 AM
Hmm, OK - it was primarily for a Binder to quicken his vestige powers.

Looks like my best bet is either to get an extra standard action, or to homebrew a Quicken Supernatural Ability feat...

Alleran
2011-02-18, 06:06 AM
To my knowledge there aren't any exact Quicken Supernatural Ability feats - there might be some more specific ones like Quicken Breath Weapon. Might be something for you depending on what supernatural ability you want to quicken exactly.
If there is a Quicken Supernatural Ability feat, I'd want it for a Dweomerkeeper. Quickened supernatural spells? Delicious.

Yuki Akuma
2011-02-18, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't homebrew a Quicken Supernatural Ability feat.

I'd make a 'Quicken Vestige' feat, that lets you quicken the supernatural abilities of vestiges.

A blanket "Quicken Supernatural Ability" feat would open up doors for all sorts of critters to break their abilities.

Thurbane
2011-02-18, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't homebrew a Quicken Supernatural Ability feat.

I'd make a 'Quicken Vestige' feat, that lets you quicken the supernatural abilities of vestiges.

A blanket "Quicken Supernatural Ability" feat would open up doors for all sorts of critters to break their abilities.
Hmm, maybe. I thought it would be inline with the other feats in ToM: Empower Supernatural Ability, Enlarge Supernatural Ability, Extend Supernatural Ability & Widen Supernatural Ability.

They are all usable 1/day.

sonofzeal
2011-02-18, 08:30 AM
ToM included "Quicken" feats for its other two systems. That's a significant RAI argument why "Quicken Vestige Power" shouldn't exist.

Cog
2011-02-18, 10:06 AM
ToM included "Quicken" feats for its other two systems. That's a significant RAI argument why "Quicken Vestige Power" shouldn't exist.
Another vote for this.

If you were to do it anyway, though, it should have a fairly high cost. Just at a thought, without looking at what this would actually give you access to, putting it in the Favored Vestige line and having to pair the Quicken Vestige Ability feat with a particular vestige, for example.