PDA

View Full Version : A quick question on the three post rule

Cealocanth
2011-02-17, 11:07 PM
Where does it apply. I know it applies to SMBG, but does it also apply to Structured Games and FFRP, as they are subforums of SMBG?

Eldrys
2011-02-18, 12:00 AM
To my knowledge, it only applies in the SMBG forum specifically. Everywhere else, it's just no posting twice in a row.

Zeb The Troll
2011-02-18, 01:39 AM
The "Three Post Rule" is a relic of the past. It is still considered a courtesy in the SMBG forum but it is not a rule, as such, and is not being enforced. That being said, it never applied to FFRP or Structured Games.

Zar Peter
2011-02-18, 01:40 AM
Only in SMBG. It doesn't apply to the structured games since there you have to discuss things (like lynching Werewolves) or narrators have to post twice or triple in a row to update the thread so that player notice. Three post rule would only be annoying there.

But for games like "Kiss or Kill", "Who's next?" or even "Line by line limmerick" it's just perfect.

Edit:

The "Three Post Rule" is a relic of the past. It is still considered a courtesy in the SMBG forum but it is not a rule, as such, and is not being enforced. That being said, it never applied to FFRP or Structured Games.

Why didn't anyone tell me??? :smalltongue:

smellie_hippie
2011-02-18, 08:19 AM
Edit:

Why didn't anyone tell me??? :smalltongue:

Because they would have had to post twice in a row. :smallamused:

It was the "bump" game in SMBG that originated the suggestion, wasn't it?

Haruki-kun
2011-02-18, 09:54 AM
Dunno, but the stickied thread with the rule in it's been gone for a while.

I still follow it, though. Hard to get used to not having it anymore. :smalltongue:

Archonic Energy
2011-02-18, 10:04 AM
It was the "bump" game in SMBG that originated the suggestion, wasn't it?

without the 3 post rule you can stab yourself in the stabbity death thread.
or guess that you will be the next to post in the next to post game...

this is madness!

Zeb The Troll
2011-02-18, 10:12 AM
without the 3 post rule you can stab yourself in the stabbity death thread.
or guess that you will be the next to post in the next to post game...

this is madness!No, because their is still a rule against double posting. And as I said, the Three Post Rule is still a courtesy that players should endeavor to maintain. It's just not going to be enforced by the moderator staff.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-18, 11:34 AM
No, because their is still a rule against double posting. And as I said, the Three Post Rule is still a courtesy that players should endeavor to maintain. It's just not going to be enforced by the moderator staff.

ahhhhhh. :smallredface:

though stabbing yourself on the stabbity death thread sounds kinda fun... :smallamused:

Renegade Paladin
2011-02-18, 07:08 PM
What is this three post rule of which you speak?

Kobold-Bard
2011-02-18, 07:31 PM
What is this three post rule of which you speak?

SMBG is sometimes so much fun it makes people want to reply very often in a short space of time. However this is deemed bad manners, and as such one is expected to wait for three others to post before they do so again, so that everyone may enjoy the game equally.

Rawhide
2011-02-18, 07:52 PM

It should be noted that this relaxation on enforcement is effectively on an extended trial. What we don't want to see is every second post in a thread being by the same person.

Zar Peter
2011-02-19, 09:22 AM
So it's ipso facto a non-rule that should be enforced and explained by the older player to the newbies because if they don't follow the non-rule it will become a rule that will be enforced by the mods.

I can live with that, most of the time it was the same when the rule where still written down, only then the explanation was easier because you just had to link to the rule.

smellie_hippie
2011-02-19, 09:30 AM
It sounds like a guideline that is encouraged, and will remain so until it is ignored on a frequent basis... at which point it may evolve into a rule that will be followed or enforced.

I love this place. When things just make sense, I can relax and do wonderful things like lurk the SMBG forums in order to stab a particular individual... :smallamused:

*stabs Archie just for fun*

Viera Champion
2011-02-21, 07:50 PM
I always thought that you should never break the three post rule because there isn't any reason too. The only exceptions, of course, are those instances where you DO need to. Like if you're running a heal/hurt.

Archonic Energy
2011-02-23, 06:59 AM
Like if you're running a heal/hurt.

or. "it's Funny" :smallbiggrin:

ImSAMazing
2015-11-30, 05:47 AM
What is the three post rule?

Rawhide
2015-11-30, 08:33 AM
What is the three post rule?

Less important than the three post rule, which you can see from the second post of this thread that it no longer exists, is the thread necromancy rule. Thread necromancy is bringing a post back from "the dead", and any thread that has not been posted to in 45 days is declared dead. This thread hasn't been posted to in 1,741 days, almost 5 years. The three post rule hasn't existed for at least 5 years.