PDA

View Full Version : feat help

DragonsAion
2011-02-18, 05:28 AM
doing a lvl 10 gestalt with hex blade and warlock. i'm going to go with the dark companion ACF. so my question is what feats would mix well and play of the two classes?

ability focus ( hexblade's curse) is a given.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-18, 12:50 PM
Ability focus (eldritch blast) would be just as, if not more, useful than focusing on curse. At higher levels any of the SLA modifying feats become highly playable. Eldritch Glaive should be your bread and butter attack, and follow that up with Power Attack, improved bullrush, and shocktrooper. Adding Eldritch essences will add a nice secondary effect to those few with the wearwithal to withstand you doom charges of pain. If you go this route, will saves are the type you want to force since you will smash the crap out of the good will save type of folks, but the good fort save kinda guys are the mostlikely to survive. Honestly you might be better off with fighter than Hexblade (though Mettle is really nice).

Diarmuid
2011-02-18, 01:21 PM
I'm fairly certain you Bull Rush, or Charge with Eldritch Glaive. Just as a quick nitpick.

Using Eldritch Glaive (a spell like ability) is a standard action (possibly even a full-round), not an "attack action".

Charging is a special full round action, not leaving any room for a standard action.

Bull rush is a standard attack action in and of itself, again not leaving any room for another standard (also can be used as a part of a charge, see earlier comment about charging)

Personally I wouldnt let you PA with EG either, but the wording on PA doesnt specifically mention having to actually have a weapon, just making attack rolls so that may technically work. Dont have Dragon Magic with me to see the exact wording so cant really check validity there.

Darth Stabber
2011-02-18, 01:28 PM
So no warlock Ubercharger? :(