PDA

View Full Version : 2E "Epic Rules".

Dante & Vergil
2011-02-18, 06:23 AM
I've heard there was a book(s) in 2nd Edition of D&D, but I can't remember what it's/they're called. Does anybody here know?

Yora
2011-02-18, 06:26 AM
Google and Wikipedia: They do help a lot.

In 1996, TSR released DM Option: High-Level Campaigns, which covered characters in any high-level game and included rules for characters of levels 21-30.

Dante & Vergil
2011-02-18, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the info! I think there may have been one more but I'm not sure. It might be because I'm also looking for books in 2nd edition that had 10th level spells. From my search, books that have that are DM Option: High Level Campaigns, Forgotten Realms' Netheril, and Dark Sun's Dragon Kings, and "Secrets of the Magister". Are there any others?

The Big Dice
2011-02-18, 09:08 AM
That's kind of amusing. BECMI / Rules Compendium had a progression all the way to 36h level, with characters becoming rulers of growing domains at 9th. And the I stands for Immortal. You could literally play your character from farmboy to deity. And then do it all again with the same character, to have your humble PC Ascend and become one of the Old Ones.

Which does kind of knock any subsequent concepts of epic play for six. And make it possible to literally win the game.

Dante & Vergil
2011-02-18, 07:37 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the info Yora and The Big Dice!!:smallcool: