PDA

View Full Version : New Ironhaven (IC)

PaladinChris
2011-02-18, 02:04 PM
You are standing in an open air marketplace in the Riveredge district of New Ironhaven. Vendors call out their goods, mostly foodstuff, although there are plenty of other stalls with cloth, jewelry, and various other items. People of nearly every race mill about, doing their shopping or simply socializing.
A small trope of bards act out a famous play near the fountain that is the centerpiece to the market. Some officials of the city are attempting to hang banners and pendants around neighboring buildings and light poles. Off to the side, a busy road leads either to the river or out past the half-completed walls.
Above all this hubbub rises the ever present smell of forge fire and soot, rising from the factory upriver.

Please introduce and describe your character. They could be people watching, purchasing items, or just arriving into town via the road.

Kulture
2011-02-18, 03:14 PM
Standing out like a sore thumb among the rest of the crowd is a pink mass of silk topped with a matching mass of hair.
Stock still among the crowd, but with a strange tension to her, as if she were about to burst into violence at any moment.
The girl is of slight build and her posture further aludes to a wealthy upbringing.
Following in her wake is a rather inexperienced and young retainer, little more than a hireling, carrying a few bags of various sweet foods and drinks, including a rather obvious jug of mead.
Despite his somewhat inexperienced demeanor, with barely any baring in the crowd the girl now glides through, he sports an eyepatch unbecoming of his age.

The two now make their way through the crowded street, a worried frown upon his face and a slowly growing smile on hers as the sound of the play and the smell of the baked goods her servant carries strike her senses.
"As fine a day as any.."

Beneath the shade of a parasol, a pair of yellow spirals scan the stalls for any trace of her addiction.
Prose matches the dialogue colour, folks.

King Tius
2011-02-18, 04:21 PM
Across the fountain from the troupe of bards is a curious sight indeed. Using a crate as a stool, a blue-haired gnome stands precariously on one foot, leaning over into the fountain's waters. His crystal blue eyes are incredibly focused on whatever his submerged arm is doing. A large backpack (for a gnome) sits beside the crate glistening in the sun from all the tiny vials affixed to it in neat little straps. With a triumphant "aha!" in a high voice, the gnome hauls his hand out of the water, another vial in his hand. Holding it aloft, he dives his dry hand into a belt pouch before producing a fine powder. As he sprinkles this into his sample, he aligns the glass tube so that he can witness the reaction without blinding himself with the sun. The murky, polluted turns crystal clear in an instant. With another shout of victory the gnome throws his head back and drinks the vial. He stands triumphant for a moment, observing the people around the fountain as if he were three times his height. His revelry is interrupted, however, when he turns and begins to vomit violently next to the fountain.

Norpfang
2011-02-18, 04:54 PM
This was a strange day for Flip. If estimated correctly it was the same day the heroes from history first met. Now to find them she thinks to herself looking around the square she is surprised to see another shortling with blue hair. She almost thinks they are related until she sees he is a gnome. Hmmm this cant be a quincidence i should follow him. If anything he might have something to do with my current situation, regardless of what strange things he is doing to that poor fountain.
Maybe in the mean time I can have some fun. Its the carnival after all and im hear to change history..

Flip ties back her hair and walks over to the group of people watching the bards. trying to look has nonchalant has possible. she cast sleep on 4 of the bards speaking strange words under her breath. With any luck this will cause enough commotion bring them out into the open.

4 bards take DC 15 will saves or fall asleep mid preformance

Kulture
2011-02-18, 05:16 PM
Rosalie felt a distinct dent appear in her appetite as the smell of partially digested food filled the air, casting her gaze toward the fountain with an expression of discontent.
The change of mood in the girl garnered a frightened look from the young retainer, a slight trembling dug into his tired shoulders.

The situation only worsened as suddenly the sound of the play dropped mid-sentence, the actors with it.

A pair of dimly glowing yellow eyes, underlined by a scarf, seemed to dig into the scene like a hook in a fish.

The girl's voice rose into a low, whispering growl beneath the silk wrap as an iron nail crept into the meeting of a scabard and crossguard.

"What in the 9 hells is it now?.."

That familiar tension crept back into the young woman's frame.
Tension and a sort of odd poise.

Rolling perception and spellcraft to figure out why the play stopped.

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Spellcraft
Also attempting to play it casual, stealth roll is in OOC due to no rolls via edit

Exrit
2011-02-18, 06:50 PM
Dondo walks slowly through market place, stopping every few steps to give out a blessing and a copper penny to any beggar who asks. Tilting his hat back to let the full sun of the day grace the soft smile and wrinkles of his face. Stopping by the fountain, sitting down gingerly on the edge of the stone base, using his staff to help him, grumbling under his breath.

"Oh Sarenrae, bless these old bones." Taking a quick drink from his flask and slipping it back inside a pocket on his cloak, emblazoned with the symbol of his goddess. Closing his eyes and humming softly to himself, quite out of tune, with the song the bards of playing.

After a few minutes of enjoying the sun and the music, it stops abruptly. Grunting and pushing down with his staff and standing up. Walking quickly over to the group of fallen bards he kneels down the the closest one, checking his pulse and lifting one eyelid.

Whispering to himself, "Thank the goddess, still alive." Slapping him hard across the face and watching his eyes flick open.

Norpfang
2011-02-18, 07:56 PM
Flip hangs back and watches the reactions of those who go up to the sleepers

Khantin
2011-02-18, 08:34 PM
Althern strolls into the marketplace, there's dust on his boots and a longspear in hand. A large crowd has gathered across from the central fountain. He puts on a scowl and grabs a passerby.

"What is this ruckus?"

But his fierce demeanor scares the poor soul away before he can get a response. Althern lets out an annoyed grunt and pushes his way through the crowd to see what the disturbance is all about.

He is greeted by a familiar sight and a big beastly grin spreads across his face.

"Dondo! Old friend I did not think to see you here" He exclaims as he goes to give the old cleric a bear hug.

Kulture
2011-02-18, 08:37 PM
"Magical sleep...How quaint..."

Rosalie puts on a pair of smoke-lensed glasses as she works her way through the crowd, leaving a bewildered retainer in her wake.

"The short ones. Two blue haired...whatever they may be, in one place without a reason?.."

Dim yellow flares at the corner of Rosalie's glasses.

"We'll soon see if I'm right.."

Detect magic for 3 rounds.
Bardic knowledge for Knowledge: Arcana on any traces or new magical effects
[roll0]
She is also looking for any more suspicious behaviour and I'll roll a pre-emptive for perception and sense motive.
[roll1] Perception
[roll2] sense motive

Bizlowe
2011-02-19, 12:11 AM
Gadrek walks steadily into the marketplace from the half-built walls with sweat beating off of his brow. Dressed in sweat drenched linens and carrying a large pack on his back, he starts to count the people. Frowning he thinks to himself, No wonder these walls are taking so long to build. Everyone that should be working is here. His dark-brown eyes gaze over the various merchant stands and pavillions, looking for a decent ale. Two other dwarfs move past him, each holding a frothy mug with a stout aroma. I'm heading where they came from. He strikes off in their opposite direction and gets to the fountain.

This can't be right. Even the bards are sleeping on the job. He moves toward the bards and starts speaking loudly. "I have been in this town for one day. ONE DAY. And I feel as though everyone stops working for one festival. Hauling scaffolding for 10 hours was bad enough, but performers sleeping during a festival is an outrage!"

He sees a human waking one of them up and decides to help. Gadrek moves to the nearest actor and starts to shake him. "Wake up and get back to work you bum!" Then he sees the half-orc call out to the human. He turns his attention toward the older man and waits for his reaction.

Exrit
2011-02-19, 12:54 AM
Dondo hears his name being called, and before he can actually see who it is, he's swept up in a tight hug. Patting his half-orc friend roughly on the back. It's good too see you too Althern, but I still need to breathe." Getting his feet back on the ground he looks back at the sleeping bards. The one he awoken still shaking the stupor out of his head.

It was then he noticed a gruff looking dwarf shaking one of the other actors. Putting his hand softly on his shoulder and kneeling down. I don't mean to interrupt my stoutly friend, but in the fall they could have done something to their neck or back, shaking them is the exact wrong thing to do. But a quick slap," Accentuating the word with a stiff crack across a different actor's face, "Seems to be the best way to go." Taking a step over and patting the last bard's face to life, he turns around slowly, passing his staff to his left hand and holding out his right to the dwarf. "Dondo Pilgriffon, teacher and priest of Sarenrae, and this is my new-found friend of the Grimshaw clan, Althern.""

Norpfang
2011-02-19, 09:34 AM
Flip walks over to the 3 people who have assembled around the scene she just created. Hi, Hi, uuuwwwwwhhh what happened here. Im Flip at your service She gives a bow at a deep 90 degree angleYou 3 must be part of the heroes that died at, ohhh hehe im shouldnt tell you that. Time streams and worm holes stuff chuckling she gives the Althern a nudge. Well any way Im hear to help. After talking the seemingly hyperactive halfling, stares up with wide eyes.

PaladinChris
2011-02-19, 10:16 AM
Rosalie's spell of detect magic does not find anything new. The faint aura of the identified Sleep spell still lingers over the fallen actors.

The commotion has drawn the attention of a large crowd. The manager of the bards is staring at the group of people in amazement. No one else has moved forward to help, especially after all the strangers immediately surrounded the group and then proceeded to slap them.

A pair of city guards walks up. The leader, a half elf speaks. "What are you doing to that man?" he questions, indicating Dondo

Bizlowe
2011-02-19, 10:29 AM
Gadrek reaches out and shakes Dondo's hand. "I'm Gadrek Sunderbark. Its a pleasure to meet you. And you Flip. And you as well, Althern." He releases Dondo's hand and checks around to make sure he didn't drop anything while he was kneeling down to shake the bard. After all is accounted for he turns to Flip. "So I've got some advice for you lass. The way you talk, you are living way to fast. Slow down your speak and maybe you can rest assured that you will not die young. Now whats this you were saying about time holes and worm streams?"

At this moment, he sees the pair of guards approach Dondo. Respectfully, the dwarf steps back from Flip, Althern, and Dondo. Oh forges, I may have just shook hands and exchanged courtesies with criminals. I wonder what these constables have to say. Gadrek stands his ground and waits for words to exchange between his new acquaintances and the towns guard.

Exrit
2011-02-19, 05:36 PM
Dondo nods his head slightly to the very excitable and fast talking Flip. "It's good to meet you my young lass, I'm not sure what all this time holes and worm streams are, but as long as it doesn't let you stray too far from the light, I say let the children have their fun."

Brushing off the dirt from his knees, Dondo notices the guard's shadows before he actually sees them. Looking up and arching an eyebrow he takes off his hat and gingerly places it upon Flip's tiny head, watching it slip over her eyes. "If you don't mind, I'd ask you to hold onto that my dear child."

Brushing his hair back with his left hand, and holding his staff with his right hand, he takes a step towards the guards. "My good gentlemen, I think there has been a grave misunderstanding. You see I am a healer of the goddess Sarenrae, may the light always shine on her, and these poor minstrels must have succumbed to the heat of the day, playing and acting as they were. I was merely bringing them back to consciousness, I fear all they need is to take a break, drink some water and sit in the shade for a spell." Coughing softly and taking a quick drink from his flask he brings his attention back to the guards. And the good sir dwarf was only helping in this endeavor, so as you can see all is well and you can go back to your watchings and wardings of the street and common peoples, a job you all do with the greatest of actions."

Diplomacy check if I needed one for the guards [roll0]+7=18
Well I hope they like me, I might be going to jail.

Norpfang
2011-02-19, 06:41 PM
Flip hugs the guard and gives the best puppy eyes she can

Shes aiding the action

PaladinChris
2011-02-19, 06:43 PM
The guard looks down at Flip, and very carefully extracts himself from the hug.

"Very well. Just get a move on. Being strangers in town, this was just something we had to check on."

The two guards walk away.

The bards have started to recover enough to know that their showtime is gone. They stagger off down the street, probably looking for a decent bar.

Norpfang
2011-02-19, 06:55 PM
(giggling in head) they think im a child. I found some of them. but where are the others. I cant let them know where im from. Flip looks at Dondo. What light this one she says pointing at a candle in a window.Dont worry i wont stray from it. Where to now. Ohh and im not a child silly. Flip plays with her new hat.

Kulture
2011-02-19, 07:11 PM
There is a snap of fingers and the light Flip indicated towards is snuffed out.

"It seems that lady luck hasn't favoured you.."

Rosalie makes her presence known, gliding out of the crowd, a large jar of what appear to be bonbons cradled in her left arm and a parasol resting on her shoulder.

"Such fickle times we live in."

The girl standing before you is chalk-pale and you notice her long gloves seem to be at least partially steel.
It is unusual to say the least that someone would use as much pink dye on such an unusual dress half hidden by a dark wool cloak and similiar could be said for her hair, similiarly dyed.
However between the demeanor and her choice of clothing it is difficult to read her intentions.

Easy to read, however, is the finely crafted rapier at her side.

Used the close cantrip to snuff out the candle.

Exrit
2011-02-19, 10:01 PM
Winking at the new lady who walks up to the little rag tag group, he also snaps his finger, reigniting the small candle in the window. "Ah yes, but even in the darkest nights and ficklest times, Sarenrae's light will always shine through. Now if you all will excuse me, there appears to be a small man getting rid of his breakfast by that fountain over there."

Picking up his hat from Flip and placing it back on his head, he walks slowly over to Sprig. Kneeling down beside him, avoiding the vomit on the ground, and patting his back softly. "It's okay son, whatever it was is out now. I know there's a lot of cheap food in these stalls here, but you can't always trust some of these merchants, loathed I am to say it myself. Now come on, up you get" Grabbing him under the shoulder and helping him back on his feet. Picking up his backpack and slinging it over one shoulder. "Come along my little bub, I'd like to introduce you to some new friends."

Used Spark to reignite the poor little candle

King Tius
2011-02-19, 10:01 PM
"Lad? I'll bet you a gold I'm older than you!" When the man picks up the pack Sprig gets very, very nervous. "Careful! CAREFUL! We don't want that to explode." The little gnome reaches his hands out, asking for the pack back. "I'll be happy to follow you, but please, please, PLEASE give me back my pack!"

The gnome seems friendly enough, the clearly very concerned about his bomb backpack.

Bizlowe
2011-02-19, 10:19 PM
After seeing the acting troupe leave and the lady in pink approach, Gadrek searches for something to say but never seems to find the words. What an odd get-up., he muses to himself and continues Actually, this has just been an odd day in general I suppose.

Standing around awkwardly, trying to remember what he was doing before he stopped at the fountain, Gadrek sees Dondo return with a gnome. Oh great, here we go.... After watching Dondo and the gnome fidget over the pack for a moment, his stomach makes a deep grumble. He suddenly remembers. Drink.

"I think one of you might be able to help me. Just before I came to this fountain, I was thinking of getting a frothy and stout ale and by the looks of what that gnome left on the ground over there, he could use something to settle his stomach as well. My name is Gadrek Sunderbark and in the name of new friendships, I say we all knock a couple of mugs back...but uh, I don't really know where the best ales are around here..."

I sure hope they are as thirsty as I am.

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 01:27 AM
Flip decides to look around the square for something interesting to happen.

Khantin
2011-02-20, 02:07 AM
At the mention of ale by the stout dwarf, Althern's usual dour demeanor perks up a little.

"Gadrek my newfound friend, you have read my mind. Lets go tip some tankards and honor Cayden Cailean. And I'm sure the gnome could use something to wash his mouth out huh?"

After a moments pause, a concerned expression spread over Althern's face.

"I do not know New Ironhaven, and it appears we have a glut of different races here. Does anyone know of a place where a group like us could have a bit of a good time?"

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 10:38 AM
Uhhw uhhw I bet I can best you in a drinking contest

Kulture
2011-02-20, 02:24 PM
"Would you mind terribly if I accompanied you?"

Her stance shifts, indicating a certain vulnerability to her words.

"Truth be told I know next to nothing about this town, and if anything you all seem like amicable people, I'll happily buy a few rounds."

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 02:35 PM
Yay more friends. This is gonna be fun. Flip grabs Dondos hand and starts skipping towards the nearest pub.

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 02:56 PM
The closest tavern to the market is The Uptight Bastard. It is a small establishment, but the room is cool and friendly. Their are a few locals having drinks, and an overweight woman is cleaning mugs behind the bar. A thin human is arguing with what appears to be a heavily armed dwarf.

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 03:30 PM
Flip sits at a near by table where the argument is taking place, and listens in on it. Perception [roll0]

Bizlowe
2011-02-20, 08:02 PM
Eager to get some drink in his belly, Gadrek enters the tavern and looks to the others with the most remote and almost unnoticable semblance of a grin peeking out from under his dark brown beard and mustache. He turns to the slight woman in pink. "Is there any seat you would prefer to sit at...miss...miss....well, in the midst of all of that fanfare of the fountain, I never caught your name. I'll learn it soon enough I'm sure. He chuckles awkwardly for a moment before continuing. "Anyhow, I prefer seats closer to the bar to make the trip shorter for the server. I see Flip assumes the seat closest to the action. Does anyone else have a preference? Doing his best to show good manners he points at the available tables that would seat the group comfortably.

He then looks to the thin man and armed dwarf arguing. He thinks to himself That thin man will never win an argument with that dwarf. His armament drives his confidence and shields his resolve, but all that comes out is a quick "Hmph."

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 08:15 PM
What do I hear them say with my 20

Kulture
2011-02-20, 08:28 PM
"Please excuse my poor manners.."

The girl collapses her parasol and removes her smoked glasses, large yellow iris glowing steadily.

"My name is Rosalie, Rosalie Morganthe."

Rosalie extends a hand in greeting to Gadrek, and indeed to the group at large.

PaladinChris
2011-02-20, 08:54 PM
Norpfang

The thin man is speaking urgently. "...heard a noise. I know I did. It sounded like someone digging under the floor, and then something...harsh, dark was said. I shouted, trying to figure out who it was, but no one answered. You've got to believe me!."
The dwarf continues to ignore the man, drinking from his tankard. "They pay me to protect their shipments and stop thieves. I don't go to their warehouses and kill rats."
The man looks put back, but continues. "It wasn't a rat! I know what I heard.... I know what I heard..."

Norpfang
2011-02-20, 09:08 PM
Flip nods towards her new friends and walks towards the arguing people. Excuse me sir but I couldn't help over hearing you had a rat problem. You see my friends and I are specialists at this sort of thing. Wed like to take a look If you and your friend don't mind. She says looking up at them trying to keep has official a face on has she could.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Bizlowe
2011-02-20, 09:39 PM
"It is my pleasure to meet you Rosalie Morganthe."

Gadrek takes up the lady's hand and bows his head respectfully before guiding her to a table near the bar. After holding on to her hand for a while he realizes he probably should have let go of it by now, and awkwardly releases his grasp. "I was thinking we could start at this table and if anyone wants to move then we can work it out as the matter arises. I'll place an order of drinks from the barmaiden. Does anyone not want ale?"He starts in the direction of the bar still facing his new companions.

King Tius
2011-02-20, 09:59 PM
"Ale sounds good to me!" The little gnome is careful to put his pack down next to his chair and to give it a wide birth from the other chairs.

PaladinChris
2011-02-21, 09:11 AM
The barmaid takes Gadrek's order and serves a round of frothy ale to you all.

Norpfang
The dwarf looks insulted. "Were you evesdropping? Little scamp. I don't get paid to deal with this!" He tosses down a coin on the table, and storms out of the tavern.

The man looks down at you. "Well... you see.... It wasn't rats. I am the manager at a warehouse here in town. I heard noises under the floor, like someone digging, and then someone talking. It wasn't a language I recognized. I think it's bandits, or worse!" The man is clearly flustered.

Norpfang
2011-02-21, 09:15 AM
This sounds like its going to be fun. Well check it out for you Flip beckons for the rest of her party to come over.

Khantin
2011-02-21, 03:09 PM
Althern is halfway through his second mug when he notices Flip gesturing towards the group in a somewhat futile effort to get their attention and draw them over to the thin human.
"I believe the little one, Flip, has made a new friend and wishes us to meet him."
Althern quickly pours the rest of his drink between his tusk like canine teeth and discretely belches. He stands up and then fishes around in his money pouch for a few coppers, dropping them on the table. He grabs the old priest, Dondo, by the arm and hauls him to his feet as well.
"Up you get, if there's no rest for the wicked there will be none for us either"
Althern walks over to the halfling and the thin man; when he arrives he crosses his arms and puts on an expression that says what is it?

Norpfang
2011-02-21, 03:27 PM
I think we just found our selves a job. Sir can you take us to the scene. Ohh yeah any other details you have for us like what time of day. this occures

PaladinChris
2011-02-22, 08:36 AM
The man looks at your companions who are still in the process of finishing their drinks.

"Well... I suppose I can...if you want..."

Norpfang
2011-02-22, 08:45 AM
You only have to take us to the entrance sir well take it from there

Bizlowe
2011-02-22, 09:04 AM
Gadrek sets his empty mug down on the table and follows Althern over to Flip and the thin man. Two ales down already...I need to remember not to contest with that half-orc, at least in matters of ale. As he reaches this part of the tavern, he turns to Flip and says, "So Flip, Althern said you have been motioning for us to join you, I presume you have made yet another friend?"

Gadrek turns around and signals four fingers to the barmaiden and calls out, "Four more mugs, if you will please madame." He turns back around eyeing over the thin man for a moment before introducing himself. "Gadrek Sunderbark, sir. We have just arrived for a couple drinks and would be honored if you joined our table. We can talk about this town and friendship, or maybe I can teach you how to properly argue with a dwarf," he says with a slight wink toward the thin man and a slap on his back.

Norpfang
2011-02-22, 03:09 PM
He says he heard something in his werehouse

PaladinChris
2011-02-23, 09:22 AM
The man sigh for a moment, slumping. Then, he straightens up and looks at you. "Yes. My name is Tilder. I'm a manager at one of O&S's warehouses. I was working late last night, finishing up paperwork and taking inventory when I heard what sounded like a digging noise coming from the floor followed by...er.... speech of some kind. I've been trying to get help ever since, but no one believes me!"

He looks down at his feet for a moment, shuffling them. Then, after a moment, he timidly looks up at the party. "Do... you?"

Kulture
2011-02-23, 01:33 PM
"That depends."

A tankard of small ale, near glowing with magical residue, was gripped in her hands as she approached Tilder.

"What do you expect us to do?"

Khantin
2011-02-23, 05:08 PM
The ale was beginning to affect Althern, the big half orc's face was getting a little flush.

"haha maybe some little miners lost their way!"

PaladinChris
2011-02-23, 07:18 PM
The man is fidgeting even more now.
"Eh... Um.... Well, I want someone to come and take a look at it with me. I'm afraid it's thieves! They weren't dwarves or humans.... or at least, they weren't speaking common or dwarvish."

Norpfang
2011-02-23, 07:26 PM
Dont worry sir well check it out Flip pats him on the back in a friendly gesture

Khantin
2011-02-23, 07:30 PM
Althern's once jovial mood is quicky replaced by a more concerned serious demeanor.
"That is odd. I haven't seen very many races in New Ironhaven besides humans and dwarves...Still, have you gone to the watch with your concerns yet?

PaladinChris
2011-02-24, 09:33 AM
The thin man shakes his head. "No, not yet. The dwarf I was just speaking to is one of the fighters on retainer for O&S. I thought I ought to go to him first. I suppose I could go to the watch, but...."

The barmaid begins to laugh at this point, a deep, grunting laugh. "Heh. You'd be a fool to continue listening to him. No one believes old Tilder. Last year, he said there was a dragon making a nest in his warehouse. And then, last winter, there was a cabal of vampires in his office. What a fool."

King Tius
2011-02-24, 01:56 PM
Sprig, apparently taking the barmaid for her word, shakes his head in disbelief. "I can't imagine the vampires and dragon got along very well..."

Bizlowe
2011-02-24, 02:22 PM
Gadrek chuckles at Sprig's remark, pondering the words of Tilder, his companions, and the barmaid as downs his third ale. Staring into the bottom of the mug, his thoughts air pity and empathy. Poor lad. Noone believes him. Heh, I don't believe him but still...what if? I'm sure my uncle would have checked it out just to ease the soul of another. He always said no pay is better than the gratitude of another. True, but monetary pay never hurts either.

He looks up at Tilder and the others, "You see Tilder, I do think you have something going on that is worth looking into. However, we are all busy people." He looks at his companions momentarily. "I guess what I am getting at is, beside your thanks, would there be any other sort of compensation for our time and efforts?" Gadrek sets down his empty mug and takes the large pack off of his back, setting it down with the sound of shifting metal at his feet.

Khantin
2011-02-24, 02:25 PM
"Yea its not a job unless you get paid."

Norpfang
2011-02-24, 03:07 PM
Dont worry Mister I beileve you. I think this is what Ive been looking for. Eather way itll be fun.

Kulture
2011-02-24, 08:20 PM
"Let's say we follow you to check on a warehouse in the middle of nowhere in which you are the only other person and by what we've heard it is far enough out of the way that the goings on you've mentioned, or indeed any that you haven't, have not been heard by anyone else..."

With a small flex of her now pented fingers Rosalie cracks the joints in her gauntleted hands.

"Sounds like a fine way for a watchman with a waning wage to suppliment his spending money by robbing people."

Rolling sense motive to see if he's concealing anything.
[roll0]

PaladinChris
2011-02-24, 10:11 PM
Rosalie
You feel that he is telling the truth.

Tilder nods. "Very well. I'm sure O&S will compensate you for your trouble. I believe 100 gp per person is the standard fee. I promise, this is not like the other times!" he says with a dirty look at the barmaid.

Norpfang
2011-02-24, 10:18 PM
Flip sticks her tounge out at the barmaid at jumps up What are we waiting for.

PaladinChris
2011-02-27, 05:13 PM
Tilder looks at the group who has assembled. "Very well, if you are all ready to go, let us leave!"

OOC
Sorry for not posting yesterday as well crew. I am currently fighting off the flu as well.

Just for my sake, I want everyone to post here, agreeing to go. I think we've lost some people. It's the nature of PbP, but I would like to see who is all still around.

And yes, we are getting to action =D

Bizlowe
2011-02-27, 07:20 PM
Gadrek unties a knot in his cloak that is currently covering around his pack, and starts pulling armor. The delapidated yet still-functional scale mail has definately seen better days, but it shows signs of regular cleaning and mainenance despite its obvious age. So this is the excitement old Olin was always feeling. Thank you for your armament, uncle.

Gadrek spends several moments putting the armor on. Grunting with satisfaction after testing his range of arm motion, he grabs three throwing axes and guides them into leather loops along his waist. He pulls a heavy wooden shield out from under the cloak and straps it across his back. Finally he grabs a fine waraxe and kisses it before hanging it at his side. Looking up at the others, he orders one last ale. "After this drink, I'll be ready to go."

Norpfang
2011-02-27, 07:26 PM
Yay lets do this. Its going to be so exciting Flip Jumps up and down.

Khantin
2011-02-28, 03:44 PM
A distant look washes over Althern's face, as of recalling a troubling memory. He blinks after a moment and his state of mind is clearly refocused on the present.

"Yes, I suppose I will help in this. It is odd but... I have a strange feeling, perhaps it is destiny.. Or perhaps I've drunk too much ale, but either way, I cannot ignore this feeling."

Althern puts down his half finished ale and stands up to stretch out his frame. As he extends to his full height, arms overhead, there are district popping noses as his joints settle. Then he carelessly slings his bag over his shoulder and double checks to make sure his clans greataxe is properly attached to his belt. Sure that he is properly attired he grabs his long spear and leans on it like a cane.

"I am ready." the big halforc declares with a sense of finality.

Kulture
2011-02-28, 07:43 PM
"The wheel of fate is turning.."

Rosalie's tone is raspy, subdued and almost ancient sounding, a slight air of defeat in her words.

"let's not follow the others that fell into its gears, milled down to dust."

She adjusts the sash that holds the rapier to her side and retrieves a strange small shield from her bag.
The Shield almost resembles a modified breastplate, covered by a padded canvas cover, itself printed with the Morganthe family coat of arms: A tear drop at the centre of an Ourobouros, itself framed in large, white, feathered wings.

"In other words, let's be quick about it, the idea's already beginning to bore me."

PaladinChris
2011-03-02, 09:35 PM
Tilder nods, and leads you all out of the tavern. You walk for about half an hour, leaving Riveredge and heading into Smithtown. You wander between dilapidated buildings, houses thrown together by urgent workers. Finally, you approach a small district of warehouses. Tilder leads you to the one furthest in the back, a small, dark building.

He lets you in his office through a small door in the side of the building. Papers are stacked around the room, seemingly random, yet in neat piles. A small cluttered desk sits against one wall with an oil lamp next to it. A door on the other end of the room leads out to what could only be the warehouse proper.

Tilder shuts the door behind you, and locks it. "Well... I heard the noise out in the other room. Go ahead and have a look," he says timidly.

Bizlowe
2011-03-03, 08:30 AM
Hearing the door close and latch behind him, Gadrek frowns momentarily and retrieves his shield from his back. I see. So either Tilder doesn't want us to leave or he doesn't want whatever he thinks is down there to walk out the front door. Gadrek heads toward the doorway to the other room of the warehouse but stops right before it, looking inside. He then calls over his shoulder. "Tilder, might I ask what you keep in this warehouse? It might help us figure out whats going on."

Perception check at the door; Darkvision 60 ft. if applicable. [roll0]

King Tius
2011-03-03, 08:35 AM
Sprig pulls a small clay pot off a bandoleer. With an awkward swinging of his hips, the powder horn hanging around his neck swings up and he deftly catches and uncorks it. Keeping the cork between his teeth, he shouts out. "Ready!" though to you it sounds more like "re-yee." He keeps to the back of the group.

Norpfang
2011-03-03, 08:41 AM
Flip goes over to the direction the noises came from and listens for any noises
let me see if I can here these noises.
[roll0]

Khantin
2011-03-03, 01:55 PM
Althern wanders around, meekly observing his surroundings, as well as trying to hear the noise.

Perception: 1d20+5
For some reason my perception roll is not working. I tried to edit to fix it and it's just more broken.

Kulture
2011-03-03, 02:13 PM
Rosalie unsheathes her sabre.

"Light as a feather....Always is when they take all the mercy out of it."

She moves silently into the murk of the room, only her yellow eyes visible beneath the heavy grey cloak before even they fade into the dark.

Readying weapons, oil flask in shield hand (cloth in neck as molotov, unlit), second in marching order, stealthing it up.
[roll0]

PaladinChris
2011-03-03, 08:21 PM
Gadrek: The door is wooden, and locked. There is a small window in the top portion allowing for a look past the dirty glass into the dimly lit warehouse. It appears that it is mostly filled with wooden crates, placed in a grid pattern.

Flip leans an ear against the locked door leading out to the storage area of the warehouse. She hears nothing.

Tilder replies to Gadrek's question. "Umm I keep iron bars mostly. It's been processed up at the forges. They keep it here until they are ready to ship out a large quantity. However, I also have some unprocessed ore and coal. They are all stored in those crates out there."

Norpfang
2011-03-05, 10:45 AM
Well I dont here anything yet I say we check it out

Bizlowe
2011-03-05, 01:12 PM
"Sounds good to me, Flip." Gadrek unlatches and pushes the door in front of him open and steps into the warehouse proper. He grabs his waraxe and scans the area. Turning around, he addresses Tilder again, When we all get in here, go ahead and shut the door again. But be ready to open it if we signal. He turns back toward the dim warehouse. Why am I getting such a bad feeling about this?

Yet another Perception check; Darkvision 60 ft. [roll0]

Kulture
2011-03-05, 03:01 PM
Rosalie places a strange carnival mask over her face.
The colour of bone, the forehead and about the eyes a deep blood red with guilded patterns highlighting its brow.

She sheds the heavy grey cloak she wore earlier, a deep, red silk hooded cloak remains, likely for padding of the previous.

"Clear a path."

Her voice is deeper and almost booming, She briefly glances over to Tilder.

"Run and I will find you. Betray us and I will find your loved ones."

She adjusts her mask a final time, a dark iron gauntlet revealed underneath the suddenly fraying material of her gloves.

Then she enters the warehouse proper as if nothing had happened.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/014/3/f/Jack_Of_Blades_by_cheeseboy18193.jpg

Rolling perception with darkvision 60' as I enter the room.

Intimidate to get my point across
[roll]1d20+9

PaladinChris
2011-03-06, 06:32 PM
The warehouse is about 200 feet long and 50 feet wide. Crates are stacked into piles, along a gridlike pattern. The floor is swept relatively clean, and the dim lighting from the lamps on the way offer enough light to see by, even for those without darkvision.

Gadrek
While you don't see anything unusual, ahead and to the left you hear some muffled noises.

Bizlowe
2011-03-06, 10:29 PM
Gadrek tenses up for a moment and tilts his head to the side, listening briefly before raising his axe-hand and pointing ahead and to the left. I guess Tilder might really be on to something here. Its just so hard to make that out. What is that?

Still pointing, he turns to the others and softly says, "I hear something up that way. Everyone be on guard. Lets take a closer look." The dwarf starts to set off toward his suspicious quarry.

Norpfang
2011-03-07, 08:22 AM
Flip follows 30ft behind

Khantin
2011-03-07, 01:53 PM
Althern grunts in agreement, spear held ready in both hands now. His usually tacit and brusque demeanor replaced by a darker silence and deeper intensity.

PaladinChris
2011-03-07, 08:29 PM
I will need perception rolls from everyone as you get closer to the sound.

Bizlowe
2011-03-07, 09:57 PM
Gadrek warily approaches the area of the sound, trying to stay alert and watch the others.Perception: [roll0]

Norpfang
2011-03-07, 11:37 PM
[roll0] Perception Flip continues walking at a safe distance

King Tius
2011-03-08, 08:38 AM
Sprig keeps his bomb ready.

Perception: [roll0]

Khantin
2011-03-08, 12:34 PM
Althern nerviously adjusts his grip on his spear as he moves forward, eyes and ears alert to pick up the slightest of signs.

perception
[roll0]

ooc:
does this look like a number to you guys? it just looks like roll0 to me.

King Tius
2011-03-08, 01:04 PM
OOC: If you "Preview" a post with a roll in it the boards mess it up. Generally, you should just post them and go back to edit them, rather than previewing.

Khantin
2011-03-08, 01:22 PM
[roll0]
Ooc: oh wow thanks tius