Average Height: 3' 8"- 4'
Average Weight: 60-80 lb.

Ability scores: +2 DEX, +2 CHA
Size: Small
Speed: 7 Squares
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, choice of one other.
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Acrobatics
Beast Origin: You are considered a Beast for the purpose of determining creature origin.
Prehensile Tail: You may pick up an object adjacent to you that weighs no more than ten pounds as a minor action.
Beast Communication: You may communicate with monsters with the Beast origin.This does not affect the creature's intelligence.
Human Relative: You may take any feat with the Human prerequisite, as long as you meet all other prerequisites.

Work in progress! Comments appreciated!

Mando Knight
2011-02-18, 05:03 PM
Prehensile Tail: You may wield an off-hand weapon in your tail, and once per round, as a minor action, you may make an attack with that weapon at a -2 penalty to hit.

No. A prehensile tail might be good, but it's not bonus-attack-nearly-every-round good. A Rogue or Shock Trooper Fighter would relish the chance to have even more attacks with off-hand weapons.

Also, a prehensile tail generally isn't that prehensile. It's still a slender, rope-like limb that has to coil around an object in order to use it... bad for using weapons, and especially bad for using weapons when you're otherwise occupied by attacking with your hands.

The only other player race that has access to a prehensile tail is the Tiefling, which can only move around 1 lb of stuff per turn and can't attack with the thing. And that requires a feat. Granted, they get some other pretty nifty features, but still.

Lemonus
2011-02-18, 05:06 PM
No. A prehensile tail might be good, but it's not bonus-attack-nearly-every-round good. A Rogue or Shock Trooper Fighter would relish the chance to have even more attacks with off-hand weapons.

Also, a prehensile tail generally isn't that prehensile. It's still a slender, rope-like limb that has to coil around an object in order to use it... bad for using weapons, and especially bad for using weapons when you're otherwise occupied by attacking with your hands.

The only other player race that has access to a prehensile tail is the Tiefling, which can only move around 1 lb of stuff per turn and can't attack with the thing. And that requires a feat. Granted, they get some other pretty nifty features, but still.

So should I get rid of it or apply even more penalties?

@\/ o.k.

Mando Knight
2011-02-18, 05:17 PM
Get rid of it. No one has at-will minor-action attacks all day... why should a monkey-man with his tail wrapped around a dagger be able to competently attack more frequently than someone with knives in both hands?

Instead, let the tail act similarly to Mage Hand, but without the ranged capability: let it pick up a relatively light object and move it around, even if both hands are occupied with other things.

Fortuna
2011-02-19, 05:43 PM
So, let's see. It's an interesting idea, and nothing leaps out at me as stupid beyond belief. The speed is nice, but unless my memory fails me doesn't synergise particularly well with the attributes. It's missing its racial encounter power, so it's incomplete, but for now it looks cool.

Lemonus
2011-02-19, 05:51 PM
It's missing its racial encounter power, so it's incomplete, but for now it looks cool.

Do you have any ideas for the racial encounter power? I can't think of anything.

Temassasin
2011-03-26, 07:52 AM
Maybe one that allows you to throw poo range 10 1d6 damage and target is weakened minor action to ready (poop) and a standard to throw

Lemonus
2011-03-26, 08:59 AM
No, I don't think so. :annoyed:

I have an idea for it, but I don't when I'll get around to posting it.

Shyftir
2011-03-26, 02:00 PM
Don't call them "Monkeys." Call them "Hanumen" basically make a race of people as weaker versions of the Monkey-King.

Or look at Oriental Adventures and get inspiration from the Vanara.

You could also call them Bander-Log after Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book monkeys.

gullven
2011-07-05, 10:15 AM
Ideas for Racial powers

Monkey See Monkey Do.

Daily- immediate interrupt Reaction - You can copy the last melee attack that targeted you and use it on the target

Monkey Rampage.

Encounter - you shift your speed and can make one basic attack at any time during the shift