PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Syndicate - V:tM

Trenchfoot
2011-02-18, 05:10 PM
*~~THE SYNDICATE~~*

[Elysium, The Dive Bar]

The bar, appropriately called The Dive, apparently was once a fisherman's pub decades ago, maybe even dating back to the times when boats were exclusively sail boats. On the front door of the establishment is an engraving of a ship's 'steering wheel', or helm. There is also an old wooden mast-head of a mermaid hung above the door, though someone managed to crawl up there and spray-paint a pair of garish red nipples onto the front of it, defacing it utterly. Wanton vandalism. Tonight, the bar is completely sealed, with clear and present "CLOSED" signs posted. The Kindred of Fourth City have arranged for this place to serve as Elysium, the fourth time for the establishment in its long history.

Low, browned lights illuminate the creaky wooden floors and walls, casting disturbing shadows against the ancient seafaring pictures and various wooden models of ships. The bartender, who of course has vitae available tonight, is a trustworthy ghoul. He is surprisingly fat for a servant of the Kindred wearing a messy wife-beater. It is known that he as two other ghouls that provide security, but they are in the back playing cards.

There are plenty of open spaces and open tables in the Dive bar tonight, and plenty of space to hold the discussion we're about to listen in on...

[Fullerton Shipyard, Fourth City]

Underneath the noise of water lapping up against wooden pillars and the traffic in the distance, there is the sound of metal scraping quietly against metal. In Fullerton Shipyard, a single shipping container seems to have opened itself, allowing something to step out and look at Fourth City for the first time...

Kuma Da
2011-02-18, 07:41 PM
Charles Lace, The Dive Bar

As he walks in the door, he lets his discipline slip. He can't remember how long he's been holding it for. It's like relaxing a muscle after days of clenching; it takes just a trickle of thought to keep it from coming back. To keep him from fading away, into the smells of dust and beer and tired politics.

Be visible, he reminds himself. It's becoming easy to forget that he actually has a physical presence. Blinking rapidly to accustom himself to the change in lighting, he steers towards a quiet corner and stands there awkwardly, arms folded, watching the room.

The crumpled note from Anton that he fished out of the storm drain by Parkway and 3rd had instructed him to be at Elysium tonight, but it hadn't explained anything else.

Arudin
2011-02-19, 12:19 AM
Marcus Waldgrave, The Dive Bar

Having come in just moments ago at the behest of some untraceable call, Marcus orders a small glass of vitae at the bar. He glances about the bar almost lazily, but in reality, he is carefully marking off available exits and cover.

Elysium. He muses to himself. I wonder why we're here. Can't be anything good. He watches as another of the Kindred enters the bar. A Nosferatu, he notices as the illusion is dropped. The other man looks slightly uncomfortable here. Same as him then.

Mulling over his possible actions, Marcus finally decides to take his drink with him. He slowly makes his way over to the other side of the room, looking to introduce himself to a possible colleague or ally.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-19, 12:36 AM
[The Dive Bar]

The bartender doesn't blanch for a second as Charles enters, a testament to the Ghouls' experience. As Marcus comes in behind Charles, he gives a respectful nod to both.

"Evenin sirs." he rumbles pleasantly. "Anythin you want, lemme know, I'll bring it to ye. Name's Frank, if names are to yer likin. All tables're open."

He can see that these two men didn't know each other, so in true diplomatic fashion, he gestures to the bar counter as the best place for them to sit. Strangers or no, the old bartender knew it was good for Kindred to meet each other, even if they came from such separate walks of life as these two.

Harvest
2011-02-19, 01:33 AM
There he was, standing outside his Sire's Villa about 15 minutes outside of Fourth City. He had only been a Kindred for maybe less than a week. During which time, he was taught the basics. Now, he was being pushed out of the nest, so to speak. The last thing he was remembers was a suggestion he was given. "Go and meet some of the Kindred of the city, it will be a good learning opportunity."

He went on to even suggest a place to go. Some place called The Dive, which from the description, is a good name. It was just some old sailors pub in the city's wharf. Deciding that the best place to go, he took out his cell phone and called a cab.

OOC:
This is good, right?

Trenchfoot
2011-02-19, 01:45 AM
[Fourth City Outskirts]

It was chilly out here, but the cab arrives quickly, pulling up beside Christian with the window rolled drown. The driver was an old Italian man, still wearing shades despite the fact that it was pitch black. He turns down a tape of Bach's compositions as he speaks to Christian.

"Hello there, son, this is the cab for you. If you don't have any bags, hop on in."

Yeah you're good to go!

Harvest
2011-02-19, 03:06 AM
Christian hops in the back of the cab. Christian has his Gray-blue surplus pea coat on over his usual attire, as no mortal would be running outside without some sort of warmer clothing. He then leans forward towards the front of the cab and tells the old Italian his destination.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-19, 03:17 AM
[Outside the Dive Bar]

The old Italian makes no attempt to pass the time of the cab ride, allowing it instead to slide past slowly.

Christian finds himself deposited on a silent street after paying the driver. There are a few cars parked along the street, and a large sign is posted on the front door of the Dive. Christian knows that the door will open for him, though he cannot see the camera that was currently focusing on him, watched by Elysium's guards within. All he has to do is enter, and he will be allowed in.

Harvest
2011-02-19, 03:30 AM
There it was, Just like he imagined it, although, he didn't expect the graffiti. Christian moved closer the building. The door looked very worn, and like it could use a new coat of paint, or two. He turned the knob and pushed, entering. He looks around to see who and what was there.

Zerkai
2011-02-19, 04:35 AM
Kakarina Kalua, The Dive Bar

Sitting at a table by herself was a dark skinned woman with long black hair parted to cover the right side of her face. She was wearing a pair of loose jeans with a dark blue button up shirt with the first three buttons undone, and was currently fidgeting with a glass of blood in her hands.

Kakarina was a little nervous, this was the first time she was around so many kindred, and was still adjusting to her new unlife. She would glance at the door whenever someone entered bar, wondering if whoever she was supposed to meet would had shown up.

When the Nosferatu showed up the woman's eyes widened in surprise, obviously having never seen a Noseferatu in her short time as a kindred, though her sire did tell her about them. She tried not to stare at him.

Harvest
2011-02-19, 08:41 PM
[The Dive Bar]

After getting a look around, Christian walked to the bar and took a seat on the stole. He made a gesture at the barkeep that looked like tipping a glass. He needed a drink. He than reach into his coat and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. Texas Red's Unfiltered Special. He jerked the pack so a cigarette would pop out of the pack. Placing it between his lips, he pulled up his vintage Zippo. Inhaling, he feels more relaxed.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-20, 12:27 AM
[The Dive Bar]

After greeting the new entries, the bartender nods at Christian's gesture and quickly has a fresh glass of vitae for him on the table. He gestures at the man's cigarettes.

"Those things'll kill ye, pardner."

He then chuckles at his own corny joke, and settles with his back against a wall.

Kuma Da
2011-02-20, 07:56 PM
Charles Lace

He can feel her eyes on him, driving like needles through his skin. Preserving him. Hanging him up for display.

And this here is the rare Nosferatus Americanus, a fine specimen of its kind. Take in its long, grasping fingers. Behold its deformed, animal ears. Watch as it shys away from human company. Truly, what a great and tragic beast it is.

**** that noise.

He unpins himself from the wall and lurches over to the bar, resisting the urge to brush the stares away. Or to fade into anonymity, covering himself in a security blanket of shadow and noise. Charles hauls himself onto a stool and faces down the bartender, gripping the counter in knobbly knuckles. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Frank." He rasps the words out of an atrophied throat. They sound like they're pouring from a cement mixer. "Call me Charlie."

He reaches down to his wallet, a gesture that's still embedded deep in the reptile brain of mortality. It's been years since he needed to pay for a drink. Or to pay with money, at least.

Glancing over at Christan, a few spaces away down the bar, he jerks a crooked thumb towards his glass. "I'll have one of whatever's in that. Can't say I give a **** about 'vintage'. It's all the same bitter tang anyway."

Trenchfoot
2011-02-20, 08:31 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Frank waves away the money, not needing it.

"Naw, no need to pay, Charlie. It's all free from an open stock over on the north side, Elysium storehouse, so to speak."

He deftly slides blood out of a carafe and into a glass, and sets it on the table. It was still pleasantly warm, and had a fantastic aroma.

daelrog
2011-02-21, 12:34 AM

A loud snap echoed through the maze of cargo containers. Then a second, this one followed by a loud thudding noise.

From within a beastly figure stumbled forward. "I'll kill that fookin' woman when I get back." His head was throbbing, and for days he heard an icnreasingly loud ringing in his ears. He had heard many a tale of kindred travelling by cargo container. They were all damnable idiots.

Blood, sex, and a fight. Well, maybe not the sex, but that had always been on his list of things to do, and who was he to argue about his own personal traditions regarding priorities? He sniffed the air. Then he scraped his boots on the dirt. So much for America being special.

He started walking, carrying his duffle bag over his shoulder. The moonlight hit him as he steppe fruther away, revealing a gaint of a man with short, cropped, strawberry blonde hair, and blue eyes that gleamed with predatory intent.

He opened up a cumpled piece of paper form his pocket, torn up and nigh ineligible. "What the hell does this say?" He had no idea where he was supposed to go, or even who to meet.

Whatever. They'd find him.

Kuma Da
2011-02-21, 10:26 AM
Charles Lace, the Dive Bar

Raising the carafe to his lips, he doesn't quite sip at it. Instead he turns the glass from side to side, studying his reflection. There's something caught in one of his teeth. It's probably not noticeable. It's a few spaces back from the big, snaggly fangs, and much less of a curiosity. He decides to ignore it.

"You been with the company long, Frank?"

Trenchfoot
2011-02-21, 06:35 PM

The crumpled piece of paper had an American address for Fourth City. No name, just a street and a number. Presumably, Sean would call a taxi and give the driver the address... Sadly, no one that thought to give Sean a phone number for the cabs, or even a brief map of where he would be dropped off! He was by himself, and he'd have to find a way to that address on his own.

[Dive Bar]

Frank gives an oddly-stretched smile, one that goes clear back to his molars on the right side. It looked like half of a dog's 'smile', when they bare their teeth and gums all the way along their jaw.

"Yeah, been runnin bars 'bout fitty or sitty years now, all East Coast though. Has a boss once that tried to bring me out to Ohio to manage a workshop 'dere, train other ghouls like me, put me in one ah those new 'Club' things. Didn't work out. Was too far west, an the music was garbage. I like the smell ah the ocean. How 'bout you Charlie? I can never tell how long a guy's been playin the game just by lookin attim, y'know. You guys can, usually."

Harvest
2011-02-21, 06:39 PM
Butting in, Christian states "Smells better than Detroit, Frank, that's for sure."

Kuma Da
2011-02-21, 07:57 PM
Charles Lace, dive bar

Charles takes a pull of his vitae, then sets the glass back on the counter in front of him. "Detroit, eh? Can't say I've been out that way lately. Town keeps me busy." The more he talks, the more uncomfortable he realizes he is. "One stiff looks pretty much the same as any other, Frank. It's what they do that shows how old they are."

He angles a thumb towards Kakarina. "That broad there? The one who looks down into her glass every time I turn my head? Fresh as the day's catch. You can tell the old ones by their confidence. Practically smell it coming off of them. Eau du Caine."

This bravado isn't him.

For the time being, though, it'll have to do.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-21, 08:16 PM
[Dive Bar]

Frank, a consummate diplomat as any bartender ever ways, shrugs at the mention of Detroit; he didn't know, or at least didn't care to comment. At Charles' 'outing' of Kakarina though, he displays a crafty smile.

"So in keeping with the fish metaphor Charles, you'd be as fresh as a week-old trout then?"

He lets out a hearty chuckle, knowing it was all in jest, and pleased that Charles and Christian seemed to want to bring the other patrons of the bar into a discussion.

Harvest
2011-02-21, 08:30 PM
Christian chuckles at Frank's joke. taking another drag of his cigarette he asks Charles. "So, just out of curiosity, what brings you here?"

Zerkai
2011-02-21, 11:08 PM
[Dive Bar]

Kakarina flinched a little when she was brought up into the discussion. She cleared her throat and glanced at the Nosferatu and the Ghoul bartender.

"Yeah... I'm still pretty new to all of this. My sire told me about Nosferatu, but I haven't seen one before." She admitted, moving a few strands of hair from her face and briefly revealing a eyepatch over the right eye.

"Sorry for staring."

Kuma Da
2011-02-22, 02:08 AM
Charles Lace, dive bar

Charles' wrinkled nose wrinkles still further in the afterwash of Christian's smoke, but he chases the aroma away with another sip of blood. "What brings me anywhere? Business. She's a demanding mistress." He lifts the glass again, swirls its contents, and sets it back down when he notices Kakarina approaching.

"Sorry for staring."

Charles shrugs. "I'm a carnival creature. I'd attract more than that if I went walking around outside without my proper face on." His tone softens as she reveals her eyepatch. "I should'a seen the other guy, huh?"

Zerkai
2011-02-22, 06:55 AM
[Dive Bar]

Kakarina blinked when he made a comment about her eyepatch, reaching up to brush her hair out of the way. The eyepatch had a wide band that covered most of her forehead, and three jagged scars of varying length that go under the patch.

"Happened in my former life. Use to drive an Ambulance, then a QRV, quick-response-vehicle. Because I got tired of getting to the scene too late." She smiled as she spoke, now there was something she could talk about instead of sitting there awkwardly with her drink.

"I also had a habit of being too reckless... in two towns over there was a shootout between rival gangs and the police. I got to the scene and..." She paused, downing her glass of blood.

"...Long story made a little less long, I end up tied up by one of the gang that didn't escape, do be used as a hostage. To show them he was serious..." Kakarina gestured to her eyepatch and the scars

Harvest
2011-02-22, 07:18 AM
Christian chuckles, not at the broad's story, but at the memory it brought to his mind. "That reminds me of the time before my embrace, when I caught a 9mm in my guts." He points to the spot on his abdomen. "Luckily for me, it went clean through. Still hurt like a bitch, though."

daelrog
2011-02-22, 12:22 PM
[Just outside the Fullerton Shipyard]

Sean was still a bit diizzy, his steps made him seem like he was drunk form a distance. He was also cranky, and the crankier he got, the more extroverted he was. He spotted the first American kine, at least what he assumed was an American.

"You there, I need you to read this paper for me, and tell me what it says."

Trenchfoot
2011-02-22, 12:51 PM

The first man Sean stumbled upon was a late-working dock-manager, exhausted from a long day and not surprised in the least by the English-accented man approaching him. He was a brawly fellow, and figured he could handle himself.

"Yeah, good evening to yourself too." the man grumbles, and checks the paper.

"Ah yeah, this the address for the Dive, good bar down on 18th street. It's closed down for the next couple of days though, so you might be better off finding another place." He looks more closely at Sean, guessing his age. "Maybe over by the University. Got some folks your age down there."

He hands the paper back to Sean, saying no more and preparing to continue his walk home.

Kuma Da
2011-02-22, 12:54 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Is he being played? The coincidence here is unsettling.

"Joke was on him, then. He turned you from pretty to striking." Charles laughs raspily. "I used to be in crisis management, myself. If someone made a move like that, I'd say it was the last resort of a cornered animal. He wasn't proving anything to the police. He was just trying to convince himself he still had control." Reaching up, he tugs down on the collar of his shirt, exposing the tip of an extremely jagged V-shaped scar. "Of course, knowing that didn't keep me from getting this."

He studies Kakarina's expression intently. If she'd been briefed on him, there'd be half a second before she decided how to react.

Zerkai
2011-02-22, 04:34 PM
[Dive Bar]

Kakarina took a moment to listen to the others talk about scars and injuries, visibly relaxing. "I should'a seen the other guy, huh?" She mimicked him, lips curled into a small smirk as she saw the scar.

"Well, to tie up the story, I manage to cut my ropes with some glass on the ground while he was distracted by the cops. The police charged in and found me working him over with a metal pipe I found. He lived, but broken arm, ribs, jaw, and he's missing five teeth."

"... And that's how I got my Sire's attention. He was watching the whole thing. Still not sure how to feel about that." she finished up her story, glancing down at her empty glass of vitae with a small frown.

Kuma Da
2011-02-22, 05:02 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

"Not sure how you feel about being embraced, or not sure how you feel about the fact that he was watching?" Charles ears twitch. She couldn't be one of Anton's childer, could she? He sharpens his senses, tasting the air for just the slightest hint of sewer-and-subway cologne. The whole bar explodes into color for a moment, buzzing with scent and flavor and brightness, but she stays dark. If she's wearing a disguise, it's better than he can pierce.

Zerkai
2011-02-23, 10:02 AM
[Dive Bar]

"The fact that he was watching. Though I'm still not too sure how to feel about my unlife. Wasn't much of a change though. Worked the nightshift so I already slept during the day" She pondered, leaning back in her chair.

After a moment of thought Kakarina turned her attention to Frank the bartender, holding up her glass. "Could I get another drink?"

Trenchfoot
2011-02-23, 11:07 AM
[The Dive Bar]

Frank nods and slides another glass across the counter, taking the time to thoroughly clean out a glass that Charles had finished with. There was a powerful steam-cleaning device that had been installed underneath the bar, ensuring that not even the lightest speck of blood remained on the drinking glasses. The whole bar itself would be similarly scrubbed, both to remove any evidence that Elysium was ever held, and to justify to the ignorant Kine the reason for the bar's closing.

Kuma Da
2011-02-23, 03:11 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Charles thinks briefly about ordering another round. After all, a plastic pack emptied into a glass tastes better than straining the stuff through a sweating hobo's neck. Then again, the contents of the first carafe are already lolling languidly in his stomach. Another one would certainly take the edge off, and it's that edge he needs.

You don't meet with your sire feeling like a half-bloated tick.

Charles watches the glass go, and then returns his attention to his drinking companions. "And what have you been doing since then, Ms...?" He coughs politely to cover the pause. It sounds like water wheezing from a rusty faucet.

Zerkai
2011-02-23, 06:51 PM
[The Dive Bar]

"Kalua, Kakarina Kalua, and I haven't been doing much really..." The woman introduced herself proper as she leaned over to take the glass off the counter. She sat up straight in her chair, taking a small sip before she continued.

"I've just been settling in. My Sire suggested I relocate to this city after he taught me the basics about the clans and the unlife."

Harvest
2011-02-23, 07:17 PM
Seeing that he had been cut from the conversation, Christian went back to paying attention to his drink. Hopefully something interesting will happen soon, or Kindred will prove to be just as boring as most kine.

Arudin
2011-02-24, 04:30 AM
Marcus, The Dive Bar

"Trading war stories are we?" Marcus asks wryly while nursing his drink. He takes another sip before turning to face Christian.

"Hmm..." He muses. "Worst that ever happened to me was a knife in the palm. Killed a sweet gig I had going. Was lucky enough to avoid actual gunfire and such the rest of the time though."

Harvest
2011-02-24, 05:02 AM
[The Dive Bar]
"Can't say I've ever been stabbed, not that I'm looking forward to it." He says before he finishes the last of his vitae.

daelrog
2011-02-24, 09:36 AM

Sean felt like saying something to the man walking away. However, the man had acted like a smartass, and Sean had to respect that. Still, he was all alone, and supposed to find some craphole called the Dive? Well, if this was a city, it had taxis. Now all he had to do figure out whether he wanted to find one along the coast, or to go deeper into the city.

Sean pulled a coin out. Heads into the city, tails along the shore. He tossed it up.

Heads is 1, Tails is 2 [roll0]

Trenchfoot
2011-02-24, 12:04 PM
[Fourth City, Near Shipyards]

Luck is on Sean's side tonight, as walking the shoreline would've left him alone for nearly a half-hour without seeing a cab! Within moments of entering the city-proper, a taxi comes within view. Responding to Sean's wave, it pulls right on up to him.

You do have American Dollars, right?

Kuma Da
2011-02-24, 01:19 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Keeping one ear angled towards the conversation happening on his other side, Charles focuses his attention on Kakarina. "Well, Ms. Kalua, if you find you're having any trouble getting adjusted, I'd be happy to show you the city sometime. I've been living here a while, and I've gotten to know parts of the community rather well. It would have to be a discreet tour, of course," he shrugs helplessly, the gesture somehow setting off his lurid, horror-comic face, "but here in Fourth City, some of the subway tunnels are positively scenic. Wonder of the world, I tell you."

daelrog
2011-02-25, 12:22 PM
[Fourth City, Outside the Shipyards]
I gave him one dot in resources, so yeah, let's say he has around fifty dollars in cash, and will receive a small monthly stipened once he finds a gets a permanent residence.

"Take me to the Dive Bar, buddy." He begins to work his way into the taxi, not an easy feet for such a big man.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-25, 12:30 PM
[Outside the Dive Bar]

The driver is an ancient Italian man, voice cracked and husky from decades of smoking. His face mimics his voice, with long lines broken up by crows feet and moles.

"Popular place for being closed this week." the old driver remarks, and says nothing more.

In moments, the taxi drives off after being paid, leaving Sean in front of The Dive bar. There is a broad notice on the door, looking surprisingly like an eviction notice from Sean's home country. Still, it's just a memo of temporary closure. The door does not appear to be locked at the moment...

daelrog
2011-02-25, 12:48 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Sean pays the taxi, no tip. The smart ass comment about how popular the Dive Bar was, was not appreciated. Sean was particular about what he did and did not like, most of the time more about what mood he was in than actually what was said. However, the difference was, was that the man by the shipyard had stood hsi ground, while the cab man was just making a snarky comment for the hell of it.

He walked right into the Dive Bar without any restraint whatsoever. His head still hurt, he was thirsty, and he was supposed to be there.

Zerkai
2011-02-26, 01:14 AM
[The Dive Bar]

"Actually... Charles, right? A tour through the underground sound like a good thing. I'll need to learn the layout of the city quickly." Kakarina considered getting the grand tour sometime as she sipped her drink, remembering the bartender saying the Nosferatu's name earlier. "Don't wanna get trapped somewhere above ground when the sun starts to rise." she added after a moment of though.

She glanced at the other kindred talking about the injuries they've had. "Hm... I Think I'm the only one here to introduce myself proper. How about the rest of you go round the table?"

Harvest
2011-02-26, 09:13 PM
Christian glances back at Miss Kalua. "Christian, my name is Christian." He then takes the final drag from his cigarette, before extinguishing it in an ashtray.

Kuma Da
2011-02-27, 02:09 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Charles snorts surprised approval. Practicality's an endangered beast. "Good for you, Ms. Kalua. I wouldn't recommend sleeping in the tunnels unless you have to, though. Some of the things down there make me look cuddly." He grins, baring teeth, and it's not entirely clear whether he's telling the truth or not. "Much better to invest in real estate, that way you have a couple of places to go to ground if there's an emergency. Which there shouldn't be, really, if the cammys keep doing their jobs."

When Christian introduces himself, Charles acknowledges him with a respectful nod.

daelrog
2011-02-27, 06:21 PM
Sean Ackley, The Dive Bar

Sean saw the fat ghoul bartender. Closed, eh? Right, this was a kindred spot with blood, or this was a shady kine spot that was about to have blood. He could care less who was there as he walked up to the man.

"I'll start with a gallon of your worst stuff that's not filled with crack, or some other funny s***."

Trenchfoot
2011-02-27, 06:45 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Despite decades of doing just this (at least once a year or so), Frank can't help but be a little shocked. He gives a shout to his guards in the back, and one returns with a washed out milk-jug. Frank grunts as he kneels down, filling the jug from the reserves, and brings it back up.

"Ere you are, whole jug, one gallon give or take a couple drops."

He grins, planning on marking a spot on his calendar for the first time he had ever served Vitae in a milk jug!

Kuma Da
2011-02-27, 07:01 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Charles swivels in his chair and raises an ironic eyebrow at Sean. "Long day, huh?"

daelrog
2011-03-01, 10:18 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Sean stared at Charles as he chugged down the milk jug, leaving only a bit of red on the bottom, and the sides.

"Something like that." He looked around the Dive Bar. He snorted at it. "Thought America was supposed to be fancy or somethin'. Hell, could've found a dozen places this good back home." He pulled a stool over and made himself welcome where the other kindred were sitting.

"So, how's a handsome bloke like me get a five star hotel room, and more herd than an army of Sabbat would know what to do with?"

Arudin
2011-03-02, 01:10 AM
"Don't think anyone would ever want to," Marcus replies to Christian with a wry grin.

After his companion introduces himself, Marcus gives a terse nod and says, "The name's Marcus. As for your question," giving a vague wave towards the newcomer, "Same as any other place really." His grin shifts, becoming more feral. "Cold hard cash and connections. And this is as good a place as any for acquiring the two in this city."

Zerkai
2011-03-02, 08:29 AM
[Kakarina Kalua, The Dive Bar]

Kakarina smiled, eyes turning to each kindred as they introduced themselves in turn, however briefly. She seemed more relaxed now that she wasn't sitting quietly by herself in a bar full of vampires, which still put her a little on edge even though she was kindred herself.

She nodded her head to Charles, considering his advice on having multiple places to go and making a mental note to look into it later.

Upon seeing the new arrival at the bar, she just watched curiously as he downed a gallon of blood. Kakarina didn't know much about making it big in the afterlife, so she decided to keep out of the conversation for now.

Kuma Da
2011-03-02, 10:00 AM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

When Sean describes America as 'fancy', Charles has to keep down a guttural chuckle. "Welcome to Fourth City, shining jewel of the states, where the streets are paved with kine and the sabbat say 'pretty please' before they raid. Take in the glitz and glamor, as far as the eye can see," he sweeps an arm out, indicating the inhabitants of the dingy bar. There's still a faint beer-smell, lukewarm and cheap, clinging to the place. "Really, it looks better on television."

Charles allows himself to grin again. He'd forgotten that there was something satisfying in talking face-to-face. And, of course, there were business opportunities as well.

daelrog
2011-03-05, 01:59 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Sean looked about, as if looking for something, though what it was, even he did not know. "Sounds all good to me, but say, no one here's been asking for me, have they? My old hag of a sire wanted me here, and I'm not keen on waiting." For emphasis he cracked the knuckles of his right hand suimply by wiggling his fingers back.

Trenchfoot
2011-03-06, 02:01 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Two more individuals enter the bar. The first is recognized by Charles as his Sire, Anton, a Nosferatu of some fame among his peers. At the moment, he is wearing the Mask of his old mortal appearance; that of an old, white-haired man wearing a dark suit. His short-cropped beard is shaved to a point, accentuating the age-lines on his face. Next to him is a young Ventrue who some may recognize as a low-ranking member of the Prince's attache. He appears to have been 'assigned' by Anton, and unlike many Ventrue, he doesn't seem to have an issue working with some as well-respected as Charles' Sire.

Anton nods briefly to Charles before looking around the room, scanning each individual in turn. He knew that Charles and Sean would be present, but the presence of Christian, Marcus and Kakarina did not seem to be in his initial plans. His eyes rest on Sean for a bit longer than the others, but there is no outward betrayal of surprise or fear. The Ventrue, though, seems a little taken aback by the big monster.

"Good evening everyone." Anton says. Charles knew that he could speak without a trace of his Russian accent, but preferred to allow it to slip in among strangers. He claimed it had an 'effect'. "I am Anton Dratshev, of the Camarilla. This is my assistant, Edgar Smith. If I am not unduly interrupting, I'd like to have your attention."

The bar was relatively small, so it would be rather difficult to not give him any attention. Anton approaches the table Charles was sitting at and deposits himself carefully in a seat. Edgar follows, a small set of folders appearing from nowhere and into his hands.

"I had planned on giving a small assignment to my Childe, Charles, tonight..." he explains slowly. "And introducing you to the City in the process Sean, but perhaps there is an opportunity for others to be a part of it. The Prince..." he begins, looking up to Edgar meaningfully. "Has been encountering trouble with some recent city legislation, and several problems have arisen from his diverted attention. Myself and Edgar were given the task of seeing the lesser problems dealt with. If... it is not too presumptuous of me, perhaps you fine Kindred will consider assisting me?"

He looks respectfully to Kakarina, Marcus and Christian in particular. He had no official authority over them, and doesn't want to appear dominating, no matter how powerful he was. At his gesture, Edgar deposits the folders on the table. Each are a set of files, detailing a series of 'tasks' in an orderly, mission-style fashion.

"Marcus, your Sire in particular may be pleased with you accepting some of these tasks but... You know him better than I."

The first folder appears to have been the one Charles and Sean would've been sent on. Apparently, the Tremere have been interested in the Malkavians; specifically their use of Dementation on groups. Though the mission folder doesn't state any particular Malkavian to look out for, the Tremere are very interested in gaining knowledge on this topic, even from those outside their clan. Anton can be asked for more details on this mission, and Marcus can contact his Sire for suggestions about how to go about it.

The second folder reveals that a Toreador childe of a well-known Camarilla member has been throwing his weight around in a bar. He's been pushing Kine and Kindred alike, boasting about what he can do and in general embarassing his own Sire. The folder remarks that the Sire himself could discipline the childe, but he would rather see the brash youngster be put in his place by another Kindred. There is one location where he is known to spend his time with a few other Kindred hangers-on, talking loudly and drawing attention to himself. The mission requests that he be "put in his place, without any Final Death involved.

The third folder is about the disappearance of young women in a southern district. The news media suspects a serial killer, but the Camarilla know better. They suspect that a lone Sabbat Kindred has been sneaking about, kidnapping women to be a part of his captive herd. The disappearances have been localized in one area, but the police don't have enough evidence to track the killer down specifically. The file recommends using 'bait'.

One particular Kindred is considering ghouling a promising young Senator. The Senator is holding a debate on sending relief funds to a distant, poor country that has experienced a natural disaster. The Kindred is requesting others to attend the debate and test the Senator's philosophy. The debate is broadcast on the news, and as the Kindred has already appeared several times to the Senator, he doesn't want to push it by appearing too much. Show up at the debate and enage the Senator on his beleifs.

Finally, a young Gangrel female has taken up Stripping at a seedy joint. Many members of the Camarilla fear she may be risking the Masquerade, and whisper that her leonine eyes may give her away to kine. The folder requests that someone go to the strip club and determine if the Masquerade is threatened by her appearance. Whether it is a threat or not, the folder requests that she be convinced to stop her dances.

Kuma Da
2011-03-06, 05:07 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

You can see Charles straighten as his sire walks into the room. His ears flick twice, involuntarily, and his attention refocuses on the other nossie.

While Anton talks, he listens respectfully, folding his distended fingers on the tabletop in front of him. Charles does look briefly shocked when his sire decides to invite his drinking buddies to involve themselves in the prince's business, but it's certainly one way of getting things done.

Harvest
2011-03-06, 07:23 PM
"The Murder, and the Toreardor Interest me." Christian says

"My investigation skill will be quite useful for the murder, and what can I say, the idea taking a boot to a smug Toreador sounds entertaining."

Trenchfoot
2011-03-06, 07:25 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Anton puts on an encouraging smile as Christian takes interest in the tasks. He notes Charles surprise though, and taps his index finger on the table twice. Between the Sire and his Childe, that was a signal that Anton would speak with Charles at a later time, likely to explain his presence at the bar tonight.

Edgar remains silent, currently taking notes on which person would go on which mission. It seemed that the Prince would be made aware of which Kindred helped out. Anton says nothing as well, not wanting to interrupt the bar's patrons as they looked over the files.

Kuma Da
2011-03-06, 08:08 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Charles nods, almost imperceptibly. "I'll admit, the first job has me fascinated..."

Zerkai
2011-03-06, 10:49 PM

Kakarina looked through the folders, eye narrowing as she read from several of the folders.

"Hm... I'll have a talk with the young Gangrel, see if I can get her to stop. But after that, I can help with case of young women missing. I could probably be the bait" She volunteered herself.

Arudin
2011-03-06, 11:10 PM

Marcus skims the files carefully, deciding which seem most interesting slowly. Wouldn't want to commit on something he couldn't follow through on after all.

Having made his decision, he nods respectfully at the elder. "Thank you for the opportunity. The fourth file intrigues me the most, with the last mission coming in a close second."

Kuma Da
2011-03-07, 09:20 AM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

"When you decide to go after the killer, Ms. Kalua, please let me know. I have some experience with hostage negotiations."

And I don't make the same mistakes twice.

daelrog
2011-03-07, 12:18 PM
[Sean Ackley, the Dive Bar]

"Eh? You thinking you be the the best one to go into a strip club, lass?" Sean raised a questioning brow at Kakarina. He looked to the elder kindred and shrugged his shoulders. "Tell me what you need most, and Sean delivers. That's the way I worked back home, and I don't see any reason to change it."

Zerkai
2011-03-08, 12:50 AM
[Kakarina Kalura, The Dive Bar]

"I'll speak to the girl at the strip club. Hopefully I'll convince her to stop and I can help with the kidnappings. I can make for a pretty convincing human if I'm going to be bait." She picked up the fifth mission folder, reading it more thoroughly to find the address of the place.

Kuma Da
2011-03-08, 01:21 AM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

Returning his attention to Anton, Charles realizes uncomfortably that there's something about the patch-wearing kindred that he likes. Maybe it's her forthrightness, or the fact that she's one of the few people he's had an actual conversation with in the last few weeks. He hadn't intended to just volunteer to help her, not until all of a sudden it was happening.

There's no harm done, of course. A little bit of courtesy is a great way to cultivate a contact, and any Sabbat presence in the city should be dealt with sooner rather than later.

Still...

"I'll be happy to look into this Malkavian/Tremere problem for the prince, but I'll need more information on the particular kindred involved. I'd also like to know what the Prince wants done with whatever I turn up. Am I working for the Tremere on behalf of the prince, or reporting back on their activities?"

Trenchfoot
2011-03-08, 10:09 PM
[The Dive Bar]

"Fantastic. It is up to you all, of course, how and by whom these are handled. I am simply presenting problems, with a few guidelines to the solution, nothing more. I'd recommend that, perhaps you tackle one at a time? Kindred are dangerous on their own, but in a group, they are as powerful as entire countries, if metaphors are your thing."

He looks to Kakarina and Marcus first. "Perhaps you would go to the club to talk to her together? We do not know her Sire; the Prince allowed her into the City months ago, and she has always been respectful of our rules and our society. I believe it would be preferred that it be handled diplmatically... Though some muscle may be needed?" he looks meaningfully to Sean, fully appreciating the Englishman's raw size.

In answer to Charles' question, he rolls his shoulders experimentally. Clearly, there were things he could not say. "The Tremere are offering no authority on behalf of their Clan. They have done much by asking the question; saying that they want to know reveals that they have a reason to want to know. Any information you receive can be sent to me, and you will receive due credit when I send it to the... appropriate people. Like old times, Charles."

Finally, he gives Christian a nod of approval, having taken interest in the rowdy Toreador, and in the serial killer. He was also pleased with Kakarina volunteering to be 'bait'.

"I have no doubt that you are both suited to those particular tasks, though in any situation, a Kindred alone is vulnerable. Perhaps more than one of you can take those?"

daelrog
2011-03-09, 11:07 AM
[The Dive Bar]

Sean grunted. He grabbd the first folder and started reading it again. "I'm always up to talk to a Malkavian, hilarious bastards as they are." He looked up at the elders. "Say, since you two war veterans know who I am and all, don't suppose you know a place I can stay tonight?"

Outwardly he was annoyed at having to pick from one of any number of tasks. Hell, if he was their pawn may as well not pretend otherwise by given him a choice of what he'd do first. Then again, it was a little better than back in Ireland where he was expected to jump at a moment's notice.

Trenchfoot
2011-03-09, 12:35 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Anton looks up to Edgar, who answers for him.

"We would be happy to provide lodging for you. Your Sire has provided for the means well in advance of your arrival. Simply state your preferences."

Sean recalls his Sire's warnings about Camarilla tactics. The illusion of choice was often just as effective on Kindred as it was on the Camarilla... and the Camarilla didn't even use the Media to present that illusion!

daelrog
2011-03-09, 03:08 PM
[The Dive Bar]

Sean shrugged his shoulders. "If I have the choice, I'll take a haven that'll make your Prince's seem like a pile of crap, rent-free of course. If not, something convenient, without any peepholes for the Nossies'll be fine." He looked to the others. "Now then, we gonna start the good work tonight, or are we all going to get wasted and wait 'til tomorrow?"

Kuma Da
2011-03-09, 04:09 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

"The night's still young. It'd be a shame to waste it." He laughs raspily as distant memories of bars and bathrooms and crowded taxis brush against his mind like moth-wings on a bulb. "I have a few things to look into," he glances at Anton, "but I'm ready to go."

Zerkai
2011-03-09, 05:12 PM

"I'll head to the strip club tonight. Intentional or not, if she's risking the Masquerade, it's not something we can wait on. I'll be back here if I manage to settle the matter quickly, in case anyone wants to help with the Sabbat Kidnapper." Kakarina told them when she knew the address to the place, getting from her seat and downing her glass of vitae and picking up her bag.

"Though if anyone wants to come along with me, they're welcome to. My car is the blue Ford Maverick across the street." She tells the group as she walks towards the door.

Harvest
2011-03-09, 05:28 PM
Christian pushes himself away from the bar. "Mind if I catch a ride... I've got a Toreador to hurt." He asks.

Trenchfoot
2011-03-10, 09:16 PM
[The Dive Bar]

"Edgar, I think, can also provide a vehicle to anyone who needs it."

Edgar looks... less than happy about this, but he nods anyway. Whatever he drove, it was likely to be wonderfully luxurious, as well as very powerful. In the midst of a sigh, he hands a blank white card with a black stripe across the back to Sean. Anton explains.

"Once we have a place for you, Sean, that card will be given the security code to enter the door."

Anton provides the street address for the Strip Club, and for the Porlevon Lounge, where the Toreador was known to make trouble. He will also provide an address for any other locations if a third group wanted to split.

If you guys are ready to go somewhere, give me a post in OOC saying Where you want to go (Strip Club, Lounge, or even the First mission if you wanted to split up). I'll move your characters there immediately.

Arudin
2011-03-10, 11:40 PM

"Hmm..." Marcus notes as he looks at the address. "That's not too bad. I can take public transportation to get there. It'll be nice to remove a possible threat to my peace and quiet in that part of town anyway."

Zerkai
2011-03-10, 11:47 PM

"Sure, I can drop you off at the bar, come on." Kakarina asked, looking back at Cristian and gesturing for him to follow her out the door.

Kuma Da
2011-03-11, 09:33 AM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

As the group leaves, Charles turns towards his sire and lowers his voice. "I'm guessing you have a few ideas about where I should start looking? I'm sure my own people might be able to provide me with some leads, too, but if this is important to the prince, timing may be critical."

Harvest
2011-03-11, 12:40 PM
He obeys Miss Kalua's command, and follows her out the door to her car.

Zerkai
2011-03-13, 03:36 AM
[Kakarina Kalua, Outside Dive Bar]

"So, how long have you been... well, how you are?" Kakarina asked, glancing back at Christian again as she walked down the street a little ways before crossing. She couldn't exactly say 'kindred' or 'vampire' now that they were no longer in the bar. Across the street was her car, a blue 1974 Ford Maverick.

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/photos/88000/88328.1974.Ford.Maverick.2-Door.Sedan.jpg

Harvest
2011-03-13, 10:43 AM
"Not that long, actually. I'm practically a baby getting slapped out onto the streets." He says as he follows her

Zerkai
2011-03-13, 12:22 PM
[Kakarina Kalua, in transit]

"Same here." Kakarina pulled out her key, unlocking the car doors and opening hers. Putting her bag inbetween the seats, she got in and closed her car door, putting on her seatbelt.

Once Cristian was in and his door was closed, she'd start up the car and pull out of ehr parking space, driving towards the address of the strip club. Behind the seats of the car were a few first aid kits, and a shoebox.

daelrog
2011-03-14, 08:09 PM
[Sean Ackley, the Dive Bar]

"Aye, works for me elder." He stood up, the floor shaking slightly under the redistributed weight. "Now then, we ready to shake up some crazies?"

Trenchfoot
2011-03-27, 06:30 PM
[Pure Platinum Gentleman's Club]

The Kindred have no trouble entering the club. Ten dollars from each at the door earned them entry; apparently it wasn't the most exquisite of locations. Within, there are a number of booths, each cleverly designed to guide the eye of the customer toward the central dance stage. Purple and green are the color themes; the stage lights, the colors of the place-mats, even many of the drinks and colored in one of those two shades. Various serving girls, scantily clad as one might expect, move from table to table, encouraging the primarily male occupants to buy more drinks and request particular dancers.

I think it's safe to assume that anyone who needs to use Obfuscate to fit in will do so before entering.

[The Dive Bar]

"The Malkavians of this city are not very open with their particular hangouts. The Tremere have made no official inquiry, and prefer that the nature of this research be kept hidden from the sons and daughters of Malkav. In other words..." He rolls his shoulders. "Find out about their ability without letting on you want to know."

The Ventrue nods, but again, does not speak.

"I won't say it will be easy. The Malkavians are well-known for having sight beyond sight; senses of the past, present and future that continue to baffle Kindred to this day. If there is anything you need, I will do my best to supply it."

daelrog
2011-03-29, 07:29 PM
[The Dive Bar]

"Aye, I need a tin hat to protect me from the satellites and a tele I can sit in front of and rot my brain on for a couple days. Y'know, get to know the target and all." Sean chuckled at his own joke, a laugh that held the slightest bit of seriousness to it.

Kuma Da
2011-03-31, 01:14 PM
Charles Lace, Dive Bar

"Just because a Malk can see the future doesn't mean they can change it. I'll have the prince's information for you." Charles' ears flick. "All I need is a ride to the Oldman Theatre."

Turning to Sean, he grins like a gargoyle. "Fancy taking in a show?"

daelrog
2011-03-31, 01:32 PM
Sean Ackley, the Dive Bar

"Of course. I am after all a patron of the arts."

Trenchfoot
2011-04-03, 07:39 PM
[The Dive Bar]

The old Nosferatu chuckles, sliding a set of keys across the table.

"These are the keys to a very old Ford Bronco. '75, I think, and I haven't used it since '79. There'll be a pistol in the glove compartment, and a shotgun in the back. Maybe some rope too, can't remember if I ever took it out. Will be some music cd's in there too, please don't destroy them. I might want to listen to them again someday."

The vehicle is parked out in the parking lot nearby, ready to roll.

Kuma Da
2011-04-04, 09:45 AM
Charles Lace, The Back Lot

Was it because of the Escalade? It must have been. Anton almost certainly had nicer cars, and this was the prince's business. The only reason to saddle his childe with a total junker like this was--

metal sheering, sparks flying as the luxury vehicle vaults the guardrail sideways, tumbling down the grassy incline towards the woods. Sirens blaze, their sound almost spectral, filtered through a cocktail of terror and adrenaline. In the back, the package jounces recklessly while its escort clings to his seat, the piercings on his face straining with centrifugal force--

Never, ever trust a Brujah.

Charles shakes himself, slipping out of the grasp of the memory. It's been a while since then, but Anton isn't above the occasional reminder to keep him sharp. On task. Focused.

Right.

Charles crosses over to the relic, squeaks the driver side door open, and clambers in. The seat feels worn and uneven, with springs practically poking through the foam. It's going to be a long drive.

"Coming?"

daelrog
2011-04-05, 06:44 PM
[Sean Ackley, Back Lot]

"Let's get to it then, though I think we're better off just going to the local nutter house." He shrugged at his own comment, and would go along to this theatre.

Kuma Da
2011-04-06, 07:32 PM
Charles Lace, Junker in the back lot

Charles twists the keys in the engine, and listens to it judder to life. "If there's one thing I've learned about the sons of Malkav--and you can have this one gratis--it's that when you find them in an asylum, they're never the patients." Gently he eases the antique parking brake into its cradle, double-checks to make sure his obfuscation is up, and rolls slowly out of the lot, heading for the Oldman theatre.

Trenchfoot
2011-04-06, 09:44 PM
[The Oldman Theatre]

Named for actor Gary Oldman, the theatre was relatively unassuming. The entry-way had several well-designed posters for local acts and plays; some recent, some timeless. The double-doors are locked, but the locks appear to be simple. There is a back door and a wide sliding door on the rear of the building to permit actors and large equipment and set pieces. Both of these ought to be easy to open as well. There is a car parked in the rear, a cheap dodge stratus from the late 90's. The streets are empty, and though the streetlights illuminate everything quite well, there are no apartment buildings to be seen, and thus no people to see anything out of the ordinary.

daelrog
2011-04-06, 10:08 PM
[Sean Ackley, The Old Man Theatre]

Sean steps out of the car. He never liked cars because there were so few he fit comfortably in. "So, Charles, was it? We going to bust in there like champs or play it nice and cool?"

Kuma Da
2011-04-06, 10:44 PM
Charles Lace, Outside the Oldman

"Alright. Here's how we're gonna do this." Charles keeps his voice low. The car has subsided to lifelessness in the lot, but it doesn't pay to take any chances. "If there's a son or daughter here, we're on their turf. We're not here to make threats. We want them for a job. A toreador client wants to put on a play without props, without actors, without anything. We heard they might be able to do that. That's what we're selling."

He hesitates. "If things go wrong, it's your call. Mostly, I just run, but if we could bag them...well, there's plenty of ways I could think of to get someone to mass-dement."

"You ready?"

Zerkai
2011-04-07, 06:23 AM

"Well... this wasn't how I expected to spend my evening." Kakarina had payed the charge to get in and was now taking a look around the club as she stood next to an empty booth. She eventually took a seat, her eye scanning over the scantily clad girls as she tried to find the Gangrel the folder talked about.

Trenchfoot
2011-04-12, 06:58 PM

Whoever she may be, the Gangrel was doing a fine job of concealing her nature! None of the dancers had any unusual tufts of hair or particularly long fangs, until...

"Welcome one and all to Pure Platinum! We've got a special show for you tonight, because it's a full moon! You regulars know what that means..."

A song comes on that one might recognize as 'Werewolves of London', a little strange for a strip club, until She comes out. Dressed in not much at all, she's got sharp teeth, wolf-like eyes, and a definite bit of hair on her ears. She begins dancing to the song, then, and there's no doubt that that's her!

Zerkai
2011-04-14, 02:53 PM

Kakarina raised an eyebrow as the strange music started playing, but she got it when she saw the girl.

"Ugh... that's not good. Not good at all." She brought a hand to her face, looking down at her table as she sighed. This was going to be a problem, but she'd have to wait untill she show was over to try and speak with the girl privately.