View Full Version : Paul (the movie)

littlebottom
2011-02-18, 07:22 PM
if there is already a thread about this, im sorry, but i couldnt see one.

today i went and saw Paul. it is one of the best films ive seen in ages (in my opinion of course) including avatar which is overrated, (its not bad, and its certainly shiney, but not that great overall) either way, ive no idea on the state of this film in america, whether its out yet or not, but if it is and you havnt seen it, i think it will apeal primarily to the geek auidience, although others will enjoy it too.

if you dont know about it, its basically about 2 geeks from England who went to comic con in america and then take a road trip across america who happen across Paul, an alien who has just escaped from area 51, and is trying to (dur) get home.

i went with my cousin who is not all that geeky, and he still enjoyed it. but i myself enjoyed it much more, there were so many references, so many little things that made it much more enjoyable. there are so many references to anything and everything that includes alien races, from alien to star wars to star trek to many more. the film itself was well written and it was kept simple. i liked the fact it was kept simple, my cousin moaned that they didnt give much reason for it all or explained about the alien's race some more, but i felt he was missing the point. its a sci-fi alien adventure spoof in and of itself while feeling like a film of its own right.

anyway, i want to know what you think of it if youve seen it. and if its actually out in america.

BiblioRook
2011-02-19, 06:46 AM
I'm amazed that you neglect to mention the fact that it was written by (and starring) Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

But yes, just saw it today, very enjoyable (not sure just what else I could say)

I remember hearing about it last summer at Comic-Con and how they actually filmed those parts during the actual event and have been looking forward to seeing it ever since.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-02-19, 09:00 AM
So is this film in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz? I'm thinking about seeing it myself.

Jahkaivah
2011-02-19, 11:16 AM
So is this film in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz? I'm thinking about seeing it myself.

Not sure how similar it is, but it is not the third part of the Cornetto trilogy, mainly due to the lack of Edgar Wright.