PDA

View Full Version : Asking for ridiculous character ideas

Serke_Turinqui
2011-02-19, 11:21 AM
I've been invited to join a D&D 3.5 game that's starting at level 15 with no class or race restrictions, we'll be fighting quasi-lovecraftian critters so he recommends not using similar creatures, but other than that I have free reign. Now the question is what to do with all the power, I personally want to make a character that's just as abnormal as I can make it. I was going to make a marilith (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Marilith) barbarian but I can't find anywhere that has them as a playable race so I don't know what the level adjustment would be.

So basically what I want from you kind people is the strangest classes and races you can come up with and preferably links or instructions on how you would make them.

Thanks in advance to everybody who even considers this crazy idea.

dsmiles
2011-02-19, 11:23 AM
How ridiculous do you want?

Brendan
2011-02-19, 11:26 AM
Dino-RANGER
I'm using this one in a campaign of my own already. awakened megaraptor/ranger. Very fun.

Frog Dragon
2011-02-19, 11:28 AM
If homebrew is on the table, then have a look at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182724). Tons of monsters made playable, which will help in your quest to make a weird/ridiculous character.

For starters, how about a Kython (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9264340&postcount=217) swordsage? An Imp (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9047328&postcount=1087) bard? The sky's the limit here.

Volthawk
2011-02-19, 11:30 AM
Pile on the aberrant/deformity/etc feats, perhaps?

Gralamin
2011-02-19, 11:31 AM
I'm a fan of the Tentacled Sandwich. Personally I go for a Jam Sandwich, but there is no statistical advantage between type. Maybe you prefer Peanut butter.

Anyway, The basic idea of the build is to use the Sandwich Mind-switch Trick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9867738&postcount=1), then use some combination of spells/powers and retraining to enter the Impure Prince Prestige Class from Magic of Eberron. You then employ LoP Dirty tricks #4 (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19861906/LoPs_Dirty_Tricks_4:_The_Nasty_Gentlemen) to the point you feel comfortable.

Elric VIII
2011-02-19, 11:35 AM
Enjoy. (http://thestormwindfallacy.multiply.com/journal/item/76)

EDIT: Well, of all the things to be ninja'd on...

Serke_Turinqui
2011-02-19, 11:40 AM
Dsmiles: I want them as ridiculous as you can think of, be-tentacled-sky's the limit!

Everybody else: these sound fantastic, I think I might make the DM regret his lack of restrictions:smallbiggrin:

Gralamin: I really like the sandwich idea but maybe with a pie instead...

Eiko
2011-02-19, 11:42 AM
You want the build for a man who rides a wyvern through the skies with his four butlers strapped to the side. He also throws Katana's that magicly reappear in his hands where he passes them to his butlers to resheath that he might draw them again.

Hardcore.

Daftendirekt
2011-02-19, 11:45 AM
Savage Species has quite a few neat templates in it, if you're going for that.

Joshinthemosh
2011-02-19, 11:49 AM
Ogre Mage with the Saint Template. Make everyone hate you.

Greymane
2011-02-19, 11:51 AM
It's Lovecraftian in the sense: Tentacles, but... Mindflayer.

Take levels in Mindflayer Savant. You now steal peoples powers when you eat their brains. Make sure to eat a Warlock (Eldritch Blast is important).

Now, gird yourself in as much blue armor as possible.

Call yourself Mega Man.

dsmiles
2011-02-19, 12:10 PM
Since I just finished watching Dune...How about an Ashworm Dragoon? :smalltongue:

Seriously, though. Beholder Mage, Aboleth Savant, or Illithid Savant are all very solidly Lovecraftian choices. Alternatively, a Wizard can be game-breakingly silly all by him/her-self.

My personal choice, however, would be a (insert alliteration joke here) Psurlon Psion (Shaper or Telepath)/Shadow Mind (Mind's Eye Version). If a Telepath, I'd use the Telepathy ACF (also in Mind's Eye), and throw in some levels of Thrallherd. If a Shaper, I might throw in some Ectopic Adept (CPsi) levels.

icantsavemyself
2011-02-19, 01:35 PM
Be an Ettin bard.

randomhero00
2011-02-19, 01:37 PM
Gotta use robots i mean warforge for race. By far the strangest in a fantasy setting. Then get shapeshifting (druid, acl ranger, wiz/sorc spells) and then transform into a metal (or whatever) version. So then it gets really weird. Especially if you can shapeshift into a swarm.

"OMG thousands of mechanical bees!! Runaway!!

Oh, and to make it even odder, I think you can add on hellbred or hellborn or whatever its called to change out racials. Now you're a mechantical shapeshifting hellraiser!

Ridiculous does not equal tentacles. Seems like there's a lot of tentacle fans on here (stop watching those animes. you know who you are)! :D

Saint GoH
2011-02-19, 01:54 PM
I've been invited to join a D&D 3.5 game that's starting at level 15 with no class or race restrictions, we'll be fighting quasi-lovecraftian critters so he recommends not using similar creatures, but other than that I have free reign. Now the question is what to do with all the power, I personally want to make a character that's just as abnormal as I can make it. I was going to make a marilith (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Marilith) barbarian but I can't find anywhere that has them as a playable race so I don't know what the level adjustment would be.

So basically what I want from you kind people is the strangest classes and races you can come up with and preferably links or instructions on how you would make them.

Thanks in advance to everybody who even considers this crazy idea.

As much as I love this, it IS slightly open ended. My first instinct is to ask what type of character do YOU want to play? You mentioned marilith Barbarian (likely grabbing pounce amirite?) but Marilith is a 17 level monster class, which means you won't even get a barbarian level in. Sad day. Might I suggest something perhaps with similar affect, but less ECL?

Dragonblooded Obah-Blessed Half-Minotaur? Basically end up Large size (with all the nifty benefits including increased strength and CON) with I believe up to 4 additional arms, all for half the LA of a marilith. Go barbarian, get some pounce and rage, then go Warblade and go to town on baddies.

Note: Obah-Blessed I am unsure about. I read it somewhere but Im at work right now (i.e. away from books) so I'll have to get back to you. I am almost certain it exists, and if not there is one from Savage Species you can use.

Frozen_Feet
2011-02-19, 02:08 PM
Paladin of Freedom 3 / Sacred Prostitute 5 / Something else to make the build playable. :smallbiggrin:

herrhauptmann
2011-02-19, 02:26 PM
half minotaur barbarian (pouncing) warhulking hurler (SS/CWar). Well for a start.
ALSO, take Stoneblessed (RoS), and bloodstorm blade (ToB). If you find your AC is too low, squeeze in two levels of deepwarden.
Remember to take warhulk for your later levels, it zeroes out your int/wis/cha skills except for intimidate, and some DMs may use that to mean you can't qualify for another PrC that uses a mental skill.

What does this give you?
A nine foot tall dwarf with a gore attack. Who can throw castles at people, castles which return to hand instantly allowing a full attack. And he uses his chest to deflect attacks rather than trying to avoid it like everyone else.

If you need to do lots of power attack, make sure to get a 'skillful' weapon, it grants proficiency and gives you BAB as a cleric with levels equal to your hit die. This becomes more important as you take levels in warhulk, you get strength boosts, but no increase to bab, which really hurts your power attack.

Also buy a belt of wide earth (MiC), which doubles your carrying capacity.

The Glyphstone
2011-02-19, 02:30 PM
Warforged Druid. You're a transformer!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-19, 02:58 PM
If you want both ridiculous and silly-unkillable, make a Fiend of Possession. It's found in the Fiend Folio, you'll need to be an Outsider (Evil) to qualify. Common methods include the +0 LA Aasimar or Tiefling (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) (you can delay taking the level adjustment (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a) indefinitely) with the Ritual of Alignment from Savage Species to gain the evil subtype, which costs only money. I'd take Warlock and/or Psion to qualify for Fiend of Possession, and probably Legacy Champion from Weapons of Legacy afterward to have a significantly higher effective FoP level for its abilities.

You can possess an empty suit of armor, or a statue, or a puddle of water, or a pile of sand, or a rug, etc. and fight that way while invulnerable to pretty much everything in the game. You can enchant its attacks while you're possessing it, so +X Bane Speed Wounding is probably the best way to go. You can use personal-range buffs on whatever you're possessing, so use Inertial Armor or See the Unseen or whatever else you can do with your initial class levels. Once that object gets destroyed, you'll be ethereal and immune to most effects so just go possess something else.

You could also take Leadership, or Undead Leadership, or Dragon Cohort, etc. and be possessing your cohort the whole time. Build your cohort as a powerful melee combatant, possess him, give him a +4 Profane bonus to all of his stats, give his weapon tons of special properties, he takes his own actions and then you use Eldritch Blast or Walk Unseen or something on the same turn so it looks like he's getting to act twice.

Going on your original idea of a Marilith, that would be far too high an ECL for a level 15 game (16 racial HD, plus whatever level adjustment it would get). I'd go with an Anthromorphic Giant Constrictor from Savage Species as the base creature (humanoid creature with snakelike features, snake tail instead of legs), and add the Arachnid Creature template from Underdark (gains four additional arms, immunity to mind-affecting, and some skill bonuses). That would have 3 racial HD and a +1 LA (arachnid has no listed LA, but this is a cohort anyway). You can say it bought off the level adjustment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm) for both its base race and whatever the template would give anyway. It would be large size, with total ability score adjustments of Str +6, Dex +12, Con -2, Int -4, Wis +4, Cha -4, with +6 natural armor. I would describe it as a great serpent with a chitinous ridge down its back, multiple eyes like a spider's, and six segmented, bug-like limbs ending in powerful three-fingered claws.

If you're level 15, it can be up to level 13, so you have ten class levels to play with if it bought off all the LA. Make it fight like a six-armed Kratos, using six Kusari-Gamas detailed on page 144-145 of the DMG. Its three racial HD get Monstrous Humanoid BAB and Saves (Fighter BAB, Bard saves), and Aberration skill points. Being large size, I'd give it Fighter 6/ War Hulk 4 starting out, and it should work on getting all ten War Hulk levels (Miniatures Handbook). With the 4th level ability from that, every attack he makes can hit three adjacent squares, so his chains can sweep across multiple foes at once. You should definitely give it the Dungeoncrasher alternate class feature from Dungeonscape for Fighter, giving it significant bonus damage when it bull rushes an opponent into a wall or other solid obstacle. With the feat Knock-Back from Races of Stone every attack it makes gets a free Bull Rush attempt to knock the opponent away, thus potentially giving it this extra damage on every attack it makes, so its feats should be as follows: Multiweapon Fighting (flaw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm)), Combat Reflexes (flaw), Power Attack (1), Cleave (3), Improved Bull Rush (F1), Knock-Back (6), EWP: Kusari-Gama (F4), Improved Multiweapon Fighting (9), and Travel Devotion (12). If its Dex is high enough it may as well wear a Monk's Belt instead of using armor, considering it gets a nice Wis bonus as well. All of its weapons should be just +1 so you can add multiple abilities via Fiend of Possession.

You should give all its weapons both Marrowcrushing from BoVD (+3, deals 1 point of Con damage per hit) and Wounding (+2, 1 point Con damage per hit which stacks), along with Speed. It can't Power Attack with light weapons, so it should just focus on hitting as many foes as possible. It can knock everything back to a corner and then keep knocking them into the wall three at a time per hit for some ridiculous enemy-juggling fights from which there's no escape (AoO, knock them right back again).

Jair Barik
2011-02-19, 03:07 PM
Half Golem, half vampire Thri-Keen Ninja Dread Priate Paladin with a dinosaur as your special mount.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-02-19, 03:18 PM
Awakened horse paladin with human as special mount.

Awakened half-nymph Owlbear.

Or there's always human fighter 5: theoretically by being really normal in a bizarre campaign you would end up being the weird one.

veven
2011-02-19, 03:40 PM
I can't remember where i first heard this idea but it's in a similar vein is the post above.

Awakened St. Bernard Paladin of Freedom with the Charging Smite ACF and a halfling outrider cohort.

Saint GoH
2011-02-19, 04:28 PM
Or there's always human fighter 5: theoretically by being really normal in a bizarre campaign you would end up being the weird one.

Somehow, this strikes me as pretty amazing. Then again we don't want the OP to feel useless (which, given we are talking about fighter here, she would).

Another idea I had was Beholder Mage/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge for double 9's and a wicked cool body. Not cheesy enough to get a book pitched at you but still significantly powerful.

Warlawk
2011-02-19, 04:34 PM
Be an Ettin bard.

And you could sing a duet with yourself, bonus!

Warforged Druid. You're a transformer!

I was going to suggest warforged warlock, Ironman!

Seriously though... just look at any of the optimization threads, they're chock full of completely ridiculous combinations of Half Minotaur, Half Golem, Half Demon, Half Celestial, Hellbred, Celestial, mineral warrior Water[race] suggestions. Honestly, it makes me wonder how many of these people just own the books and have never actually sat down at the table to play with a real group, cause 90% of this garbage would just be laughed out of the session.

/rant off

If you do want to get really silly, the above tentacle sandwich is good for a laugh, while the beholder mage is good for making your DM cry.

Frog Dragon
2011-02-19, 04:36 PM
Not cheesy enough to get a book pitched at you but still significantly powerful.
I dispute that.

Necro_EX
2011-02-19, 04:37 PM
15 levels, eh? I think that's just enough to make a half-dragon spell-touched minotaur with one class level. Barbarian seems fitting.

Saint GoH
2011-02-19, 04:42 PM
I dispute that.

In comparison to casting 9th level spells by ECL 6, leaving room for plenty of other shenanigans to reach triple 9's by 20th?

I think not good sir.

Seriously though... just look at any of the optimization threads, they're chock full of completely ridiculous combinations of Half Minotaur, Half Golem, Half Demon, Half Celestial, Hellbred, Celestial, mineral warrior Water[race] suggestions. Honestly, it makes me wonder how many of these people just own the books and have never actually sat down at the table to play with a real group, cause 90% of this garbage would just be laughed out of the session.

I'm not sure what kind of gaming group you are in, but its not that uncommon to see such builds at the table I'm at. It's gotten difficult to DM because we can no longer open the MM and say "this one", we have to handcraft each encounter. Its basically rocket tag by level 11. Which, granted, is quickly losing its merits.

Show
2011-02-19, 05:15 PM
If you don't mind completely outclassing the rest of the party, you could play a build I made for fun quite some time ago...
It's built around basketweaving! That is the core of its power. However, it still gets some spellcasting and stuff, so it is mostly okay.

At level 15: Psion 5/Thrallherd 4/Exemplar 5/Thrallherd 1(5)
Any race.
Feats needed: Skill focus: Basketweaving, Inquisitor
Skills needed: Craft: Basketweaving, Diplomacy 6 ranks

At level 15, by my calculations, you could easily have craft: basketweaving score of
18 ranks
+2 artisan's tools (50 GP, I think)
+4 exemplar
+10 taking 10(exemplar)
+7 intelligence
+1 illiterate trait, buy back with 2 skill points
I'm sure there are still a few bonuses which could also be applied, but I'm not willing to do the research. This causes a problem, as there is still +8 worth of modifiers needed to get to DC 50.
Fourtunately, in the DMG it gives the rules for creating items which give skill bonuses. The formula is, if I remember correctly (bonus squared)*1000. This puts the price of a +8 at only 64,000 GP. What a bargain! I recommend some fancy gloves.

I've never tried it, but the build seems to me to be actually playable since you still get 10 levels of psion casting and a thrall of 13th level. Probably even more so if you can get some people to watch you weave for 2 minutes... instant fanatical followers(you can even convince kings, gods, and perhaps even a batman wizard. GASP)
Actually, now that I think about it, seeing as it is a psion, after getting into epic levels a bit, you could end up with your mind control pie/sandwhich thingy.

The only problem with the build is that the basketweaving does suffer from not having any commoner levels in the build. If you really, really want to break this character, you could replace the psion and thrallherd levels with ones from expert, commoner, and human paragon...

Serke_Turinqui
2011-02-19, 05:56 PM
Wow, these are all great.

As to game breaking, I'm expecting the game to implode anyway because it's being run by a guy that (as far as I know) has never run a game before and is most likely going to have a party where at least 50% of the people have never played before. So really feel no remorse about giving me ideas that will break the game/make the DM cry.

Nerocite
2011-02-19, 06:40 PM
Commoner 1

The Infested with Chickens feat gives you unlimited chickens. Go crazy.

Warlawk
2011-02-19, 07:05 PM

As to game breaking, I'm expecting the game to implode anyway because it's being run by a guy that (as far as I know) has never run a game before and is most likely going to have a party where at least 50% of the people have never played before. So really feel no remorse about giving me ideas that will break the game/make the DM cry.

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like a good way to make a potential DM not ever want to do it again and to make a bunch of first time players think the system is garbage. We'll just chalk it up to a difference of opinion but that sounds to me like a good opportunity to get a new DM comfortable in the seat and to get a number of new players introduced to the fun that is instead being used as an excuse to break the system and give several first time players a horrible impression.

herrhauptmann
2011-02-19, 08:06 PM

Maybe you should make 2 characters.
First will be the obscene combination of races and classes we've got here. Halfway through the first session with half hte party dead or angry and the DM in tears over his dead campaign, you laugh, pull out the second character sheet and say "This is my real character. Lets play something easy until everyone gets used to the game," and go with a horizon tripper in that game.
Seriously, why do you want to make the DM cry? Because he was foolish enough to allow T.O. builds in a newbie game? Because you want to prove you know more than he does about D&D?

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like a good way to make a potential DM not ever want to do it again and to make a bunch of first time players think the system is garbage. We'll just chalk it up to a difference of opinion but that sounds to me like a good opportunity to get a new DM comfortable in the seat and to get a number of new players introduced to the fun that is instead being used as an excuse to break the system and give several first time players a horrible impression.

Yes, truth. We want more players, not more people to think we're antisocial misfits. Ruining the game for a bunch of newbies and enjoying it creates the latter effect.

dsmiles
2011-02-19, 08:23 PM
Yes, truth. We want more players, not more people to think we're antisocial misfits. Ruining the game for a bunch of newbies and enjoying it creates the latter effect.Unfortunately, it seems like the gaming community is attracting more and more of these antisocial misfits these days. I feel like the gaming community has started the downhill slide on the same slippery slope it suffered from in the '80s.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-19, 09:28 PM
I'll have to agree that ruining this game should be the furthest from your goals. My advice would be to make a Batman Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104002), someone who makes opponents less effective while making teammates more effective. You won't be killing anything yourself so they can feel like they're the ones winning the fights, and the newer players' characters won't be getting their faces quite as smashed because they don't know what they're doing.

For reasons of out of combat utility, versatility, and to guarantee Trapfinding in the party, I'd highly recommend an Illumian (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20041203a&page=2) (RoD, Krau/anything) Beguiler (PH2) 1/ Wizard (Conjurer) 4/ Master Specialist (CM) 10 starting out, and after that take one Mindbender (CA) level and then four levels of either Divine Oracle (CD) or Incantatrix (PGtF) if the game goes that far. Pick Enchantment and Evocation as prohibited schools, and get the Abrupt Jaunt ACF in PH2 for Wizard.

Say you visited the Otyugh Hole and the Frog God's Fane detailed in Complete Scoundrel to get Iron Will and Skill Focus: Kn: Religion for a few thousand gold instead of spending feats on them, you'll need one or the other to qualify for those future prestige classes. Take two flaws, preferably Noncombatant and Weak-Willed, and get the following feats: Able Learner (RoD) (flaw), Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler (CA,CD) (flaw), Versatile Spellcaster (RotD) (1), Quicken Spell (3), Obtain Familiar (CA) (6), Improved Familiar (DMG) (9), Sculpt Spell (CA) (UM 5), Darkstalker (LoM) (12), Extend Spell (UM 9), Improved Toughness (CW) (15), and at 18th take Mindsight (LoM p126). If you get Incantatrix you should ban Necromancy, and pick Persistent Spell and maybe Invisible Spell for its bonus feats. With Able Learner you should have some amazing skills, I'd make two lists of skill point allocation, one with trapmonkey skills and one without and pick depending on whether someone else in the party can fill that role. Skill Tricks in Complete Scoundrel can also be pretty amazing.

With Versatile Spellcaster you'll be able to spend two Beguiler spell slots of the same level to cast any Wizard spell you know of one level higher, thus giving you access to every 5th level and lower Wizard spell in your book regardless of whether or not you've prepared it. You can also use Beguiler spell slots to add metamagic to your Wizard spells, which will pretty much just be Quicken and Sculpt Spell but applying them without the level increase is definitely worth it. You can add your own bonuses and penalties in the most beneficial order, so your caster level would be 18th for Beguiler and 19th for Wizard applying Arcane Spell Power after Practiced Spellcaster and Krau. Get an Orange Prism Ioun Stone to have a caster level one point higher.

Focus on spells that make opponents less effective (Web, Glitterdust, Stinking Cloud, Black Tentacles, Freezing Fog, etc.) and make your allies more effective (Haste, Greater Magic Weapon +5!!, Polymorph, etc.), your goal is to keep the opponents from doing anything productive in combat and to make your allies buff enough to make quick work of them. Get some lesser and standard metamagic rods of extend for short duration buffs, maybe a rod of chain spell (CA) for single-target buffs/debuffs, and definitely pick up a Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC) with an enhancement bonus to Int added on (MIC). You should also get a Ring of Freedom of Movement and a +1 Reflecting Mithral Buckler. Again your goal should be to make the newer players feel like their characters are effective, and above all for everyone to have fun.

Lord Raziere
2011-02-19, 09:44 PM
Weirdness does not come from pure physical traits alone.

one can be a mere human warrior and act weird as he possibly can, and therefore be weirder than all others, for while they look weird they are not being weird. there is a difference. a well-played human loon can out-weird any over-designed hybrid conglomerate of mechanical templates, if they don't act equally weird.

look past the mere templates and concepts, use the backstory to make one weird, so that they grow into a weird character. Think about what kind of background they would have to have to achieve weirdness, not all these feats and spells and other mechanics. their weirdness is limited.

the weirdness of your imagination and therefore your roleplaying however, is unlimited.

Serke_Turinqui
2011-02-20, 09:46 AM
For clarification, I'm not trying to break the game, but it's going to happen anyway with new people and no limits. I played before in a game with mostly new people, 10th level, and no restrictions; Somebody almost died because they tried to force their way through the gates of the first town (who could possibly be more powerful than they were), eventually the party split up into two groups that were trying to kill each other, and the world was bathed in undead. These types of games always leave a bad impression on new people because of the sheer amount of stuff they need to deal with to create and play a high level character, and if they succeed then if they have to play lower level games they will feel weak and cheated. Characters level up not just for the character's benefit for the player's, so that the player can progressively get used to a character's abilities rather than have them all piled on at once. Doing otherwise with people that have no idea what's going on is a recipe for disaster. As for the DM, if he's never run a game before he will have a hard time controlling/dealing with all the crazy things that a party at high level can do, in this respect both old and new players are dangerous (old players can find loop holes in the system and new ones can try things no experienced one would). So in general starting off at high level is a bad idea.

Skaven
2011-02-20, 10:02 AM
In a lovecraftian campaign I think making a warforged tank in heavy armor, with a cannon arm, make it a warlock who fires the eldritch blast from the cannon arm.

And yell loudly that you are purging the heathen scum in the name of the emperor.

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 10:56 AM
In a lovecraftian campaign I think making a warforged tank in heavy armor, with a cannon arm, make it a warlock who fires the eldritch blast from the cannon arm.

And yell loudly that you are purging the heathen scum in the name of the emperor.

FOR THE EMPRAH!

mabriss lethe
2011-02-20, 11:10 AM
Elan Psion: You're an immortal king that once fought the gods and was imprisoned on this world when you lost...or at least you think you are. Make up alternate mythologies and run with them. I recommend being obsessed with the color yellow (http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=19359). I recommend Thrallherd as a possible PrC.

Pretend that God A and B were once your mortal followers. God A betrayed you for a taste of divinity and later God B ascended to Godhood to hunt down A on equal terms. (You hate A with a passion, but you sympathize with God B.)

Claim that you're the reason that Elves stopped sleeping and why every other sentient race has nightmares.

The best part, consult with your DM first. Let him know all the wackiness that your character will spout. Then let him decide how much of it is true and how much of it is your character's insanity. walk into the session neither knowing nor caring how much of your character's backstory is true.

WinWin
2011-02-20, 11:14 AM
Fighting Lovecraftian Horrors? Want Ridiculous?

Wizard/Dread Witch/Nightmare Spinner

You lose 2 CL by taking those PrCs, but if your DM is inexperienced it will not matter. Your character will become immune to fear and be able to terrify tentacled monsters from the Far Realm without trying.

I would suggest Focussed Specialist Illusionist. Gnome. Mix in some shadowcraft mage. Use illusions to deflate any building suspense and finish foes off with a killing joke. Now that I think of it, Shadowcraft Mage can do all the above without losing CL to other Prestige Classes...

Triskavanski
2011-02-20, 11:28 AM
Here is my Idea..

Battle sorc - take only spells that have a swift or immediate action casting time, Or are otherwise luck based. (Talk to the DM on this, the idea is that you never really appear to cast spells.) taking domain casting at level 5 is also a good idea.

Take luck feats up the wazoo, and go into lucks friend PRC from complete scoundrel.

Take feats like Luck of Heroes and the like if your DM will allow it. Skill focus: Cooking is another good one.

For you weapon.. you have this

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vLhJsfQSOxQ/SejzTLyAJII/AAAAAAAAEhk/SmadsdsR1Cs/spatula.jpg

Play the character as a first level commoner who has watched waaay too many action scrolls (action movies) who gets lucky as hell all the time. The thing you are actually really really good at is working the grill at your local burger joint and somehow ended up in this group of adventures due to a blunder.

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 11:29 AM
Here is my Idea..

Battle sorc - take only spells that have a swift or immediate action casting time, Or are otherwise luck based. (Talk to the DM on this, the idea is that you never really appear to cast spells.) taking domain casting at level 5 is also a good idea.

Take luck feats up the wazoo, and go into lucks friend PRC from complete scoundrel.

Take feats like Luck of Heroes and the like if your DM will allow it. Skill focus: Cooking is another good one.

For you weapon.. you have this

Play the character as a first level commoner who has watched waaay too many action scrolls (action movies) who gets lucky as hell all the time. The thing you are actually really really good at is working the grill at your local burger joint and somehow ended up in this group of adventures due to a blunder.
Some levels of Fatespinner might not be inappropriate here, either.

Triskavanski
2011-02-20, 02:01 PM
what is fatespinner from?

Eventually I want to make this character myself because I have the worst luck in game, and so playing a "commoner" who just gets lucky should spin things around instead of playing an adventure who gets unlucky and looks like he is a commoner.

Oh and with him though, I did find it best to pick a common name, like Joe or John. Even Tim..

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 02:03 PM
what is fatespinner from?

Eventually I want to make this character myself because I have the worst luck in game, and so playing a "commoner" who just gets lucky should spin things around instead of playing an adventure who gets unlucky and looks like he is a commoner.Tome and Blood, but it was updated in CArc or CMag (I can't remember which one, though).

Triskavanski
2011-02-20, 02:07 PM
CArc, found it.

Its petty good and within the theme too. Just need to cut out the fluff of understanding fate, and replace it with "I got lucky"

The hardest part is justifying the "10 ranks in knowledge: arcana" for a very lucky commoner, other than just never use it.. Or pretend his knowledge came from watching a DnD version of Harry Potter on the crystal screen.

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 02:10 PM
"I got lucky"
The mechanics of it work well with that concept.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-02-20, 02:11 PM
Large awakened Dire sloth. I think it ends up with 9 hit dice at minimum.

PetterTomBos
2011-02-20, 02:13 PM
Half dragon, spellwarped Wyrmlain! :D

Be a bard. Get leadership. Have loads of dragonic wyrmlains around you at all times, refer to them as "my children" :D

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 02:13 PM
Large awakened Dire sloth. I think it ends up with 9 hit dice at minimum.Ba-by Ruth? :smallwink:

Daftendirekt
2011-02-20, 06:12 PM

Graft a human face onto his metal body, and voila:

http://www.wuhawkproductions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/300px-MegamanMMB.jpg

dsmiles
2011-02-20, 06:21 PM
Graft a human face onto his metal body, and voila:

http://www.wuhawkproductions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/300px-MegamanMMB.jpgPfffff...silly Megaman, Trix are for:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/20/e8a26e59-9e19-49a9-9961-6a1ee69e2dfd.jpg

Hecore
2011-02-20, 06:22 PM
Not super overpowered or anything, but I really like the idea of a tiny race + major titan bloodline. Being able to wield a gargantuan two-handed warhammer as a pixie just sounds funny as heck.

Tankadin
2011-02-20, 06:43 PM
How about Old Lob (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8441606&postcount=106)?

Old Lob was immune to Mind-Affecting spells and abilities--that might be useful.

Plus, you might be able to scare the Lovecraftian monsters. That's always a plus.

stabbitty death
2011-02-20, 11:01 PM
human Ranger/unarmed swordsage with belt of battle and custom item Skin of the dino. Go on guess what this is supposed to be:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:.

herrhauptmann
2011-02-21, 12:31 AM
Depends, does he wear a helmet that covers his entire face,
Does he wear one of the following colors: Red, Blue, Black, Green, Pink, Yellow, White?
Does he have several color coordinated friends, and when they desire they can match their weapons together to create an uber energy weapon?

Ganurath
2011-02-21, 01:39 AM
Rogue or Swashbuckler 3 / Half-Elf Paragon 1 / Human Paragon 3 / Half-Elf Paragon 2 / Duelist 10 / Whateves 1

Spring Attack, Improved Feint, Deadly Defense, and EWP (Beer Bottles.) This guy opens the fight by guzzling a Mage Armor potion out of a beer bottle before breaking it over an enemy's head, using feints and jabs to kill enemies with junk and quips about their mum.