PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Quick character build suggestions

Dust
2011-02-19, 04:08 PM
I need a character with INT as a dump stat (-2 or worse), 18-20 WIS or CHA (to maximize my will save), and optimized for level one in a very deadly Ravenloft campaign. I'd also like it to have reasonable defenses or the ability to stay away from combat, and be able to function without magic items. Short of bard, I'm struggling to find something that fits this criteria, oddly enough. Given this criteria, do any suggestions jump to mind? What would you play?

WinWin
2011-02-19, 04:21 PM
Longtooth Shifter Ardent Paladin. I guess any other str/wis racial combo would work.

Fairly easy to have Str/Wis 18 at level 1, plus AC will be fairly high due to Plate. More of a striker than an off-leader. Take all of the high [W] powers and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, Elf Ranger. Archers try to stay of of melee combat, plus a high wisdom means high Perception.

Sorcerer could work well here. Targeting NADs makes may of your powers fairly accurate.

Amnestic
2011-02-19, 04:21 PM
Fey Pact Hexblade perhaps? They max Cha primarily, Dex secondary and can safely dump Int. Not sure about coping without magic items though.

Dust
2011-02-19, 04:32 PM
I hadn't even considered Ardent. That's perfect for what I'm looking for - thanks, folks. No further purpose for this thread, since I'm already building my character now.