PDA

View Full Version : Itova Adventures IC

Woodsman
2011-02-19, 06:34 PM
Prologue

It's a bright and sunny morning in Sedetown! Professor Beech is waiting outside of his Lab for the new Pokemon trainers to arrive. Beech is a man in about his mid-30's, with dirty blonde hair and spectacles. He wears a red T-shirt underneath his standard Professor's labcoat as well as khaki pants. As is usual for him on days like this, he is completely barefoot--natives of Sedetown know the Professor for his distinct lack of shoes.

((All right, I'll wait for the Trainers to post before listing the Pokemon))

Asdfth
2011-02-19, 07:27 PM
Ivan walks into the Sedetown and asks around looking for Professor Beech. Someone told Ivan where Beech's lab is. He walks toward the lab stopping near Professor Beech is at. "Good morning. You must be Professor Beech. My name is Ivan Lusk it is a honor to meet you." He bows in respects towards Professor Beech.

Falgorn
2011-02-19, 07:39 PM
Alain DuConge approachea the laboratory slowly, hands stuffed down the pockets of faded jeans, a bright smile on his face. He loved his little town of Sede, with all it's natural beatuy. He desperately longed for a Pokemon companion; he wanted to start a journey, to save him from the boredom that occurs in any idyllic town.
"Bonjour," he cries out, approaching Professor Beech and Ivan.

VirgoBushin
2011-02-19, 08:28 PM
Penelope Hathaway

The brown-haired heterochromic young teenager woke up bright and earlier... more so than usual for once. She had remembered her father mentioning today she'd finally get to obtain her Pokemon. He'd left weird instructions about how to go about it, though, as he only really said something about meeting a man in a lab coat. Maybe a coworker of his? Knowing he did work with Professors, it only made sense to her.

After finishing putting her long brown hair into a neat braid, she quickly looks to her wardrobe. Not wanting to give away the fact she was supposed to be well-off in wealth, as most were deemed as arrogant and snobby, she slipped into a pair of jeans and a purple tank top.

Her eyes looked up and down herself once... twice ... and almost a third time before she convinced herself she was fine and head to hurry over before she was late. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" She yelled, not even giving a chance for either of them to scold her before either had a chance to do so regarding her outfit. Soon, she found a couple other young people like herself and the man her dad had described... thus she was assuming this was the right person to meet. "Um.... m...morning everyone...." She managed to get out,, though her voice was quiet. Of all the things her mom hadn't taught her, socializing should have been one! Oh the irony!

Tsumeken
2011-02-19, 08:53 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor hurried along as fast as his stocky little legs could take him. Today was the day. He'd finally begin his own Pokemon training.. He removed a handkerchief from his front pocket, wiping the sweat from his brow. It was such a miserably hot day and he probably didn't have to run all the way here. But he was too excited. He couldn't wait to follow in his parent's footsteps. Being great breeders as they were, they'd shown love for Pokemon translates easily into a love of it's own as humans are concerned as well.

He took the time to make sure he didn't look nearly as disheveled as he felt before arriving.. He saw that many people had already gotten there first. Not a big surprise, he never was that fast. Just not nearly as slow as others would think. He waited patiently for the Professor, wiping his brow again and hoping not to bake.

Wargor
2011-02-20, 05:38 AM
Sebastian walks down the street, his steps calm and measured, in no obvious sign of a hurry. He pauses when he reaches the lap, eyeing up the strange barefoot man. Hmm, what an odd man. Smoothing down his suit he carries on walking, ignoring the other children crowded round and stopping in front of the strange Professor. He stands there for a second before, with a sudden start as if just remembering, he holds out his hand.

"Good morning Professor, my name is Sebastian. It is a pleasure to make your acquittance." His voice is a steady and emotionless, as is his face.

GodGoblin
2011-02-20, 06:17 AM
Mort comes staggering out of the lab yawning loudly and scratching his skull, he stands next the professor, looks up at the growing group of children and sighs. "Beech you cant expect me to go with them, kids always try to pull my skull off. Its most annoying" Says the Cubone in a slow monotone voice. "I mean honestly look at that one in the suit, he looks like a puller." He adds trying to glare at Sebastian as he approaches.

Asdfth
2011-02-20, 09:59 AM
As Sebastian approach Ivan turn to the other trainers."Good Morning. I assume you are also going on a journey to day it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Ivan Lusk." Dang these kids are rather young to be going out in this world. He thought to himself. As Mort came up and spoke. Ivan was surprised. A Pokemon that can speak like us. How very strange. Though the Healer did say I will see things that I would never see in the village. He thought to himself. Ivan turned back to the Professor and asked"Sir can you please explain how this Pokemon can speak like us?"

Woodsman
2011-02-20, 11:07 AM
The Professor smiles and shakes Sebastian's hand before glaring at Mort. "Be polite, Mort. You're lucky you get to accompany them. You'll get to see what the Itova region has to offer instead of being stuck here."

He turns to Ivan next. "I'm not entirely sure myself. I've heard of Pokemon being able to learn how to speak like humans, but this one is very young. I don't know how he does it."

((Waiting on Croverus to post. If he hasn't posted 24 hours after the thread's initial posting, we'll move on))

Wargor
2011-02-20, 11:37 AM
The only sign that Sebastian was surprised by the talking Pokemon was a slightly raised eyebrow, before his expression settle into a slight glare. "I assure you I would never lower myself to pull on your skull." His voice carries a hint of annoyance at such a silly remark. He turns back to the Professor, ignoring the annoying little creature. "Sir, I had heard you were giving away Pokemon to new trainers. I believe that is why we are all here. Shall we get the small talk out of the way and get to the choosing?"

Woodsman
2011-02-20, 11:41 AM
"Be patient. I still have one more Trainer who needs to be here, so I'm going to wait a bit longer for him," the Professor says to Sebastian. "The Pokemon aren't going anywhere, don't worry."

Falgorn
2011-02-20, 12:49 PM
"A talking cubone? Curious. There have been cases, apparentely, of talking Pokemon. I guess they were true." Alain laughs a bit. "A cubone with a sense of humor. This will be fun." He extends a hand to Mort, a smile on his face. "Salut, I am Alain DuConge. It's always a pleasure to meet a Pokemon." Of course, most Pokemon just sit and say their names over and over again.

GodGoblin
2011-02-20, 03:09 PM
Mort grumbles at Beech's comment before looking at the trainers to be. "Humour? I never say anything funny. Whats the point, you can laugh all your life but you still end up in dead" Mort says looking at his feet completely oblivious to Alain's hand.

Woodsman
2011-02-20, 07:10 PM
Professor Beech looks around, frowning. "Hm. There's supposed to be one more Trainer. I guess he's running a little late. Well, we can't wait for him forever, so we might as well get you your Pokemon."

The Professor turns around and walks into the Lab, leading you inside. Once there, he walks over to a computer and presses several keys. A drawer pops open, revealing numerous Poke Balls.

"These Poke Balls contain Pokemon suited for those just beginning on their journey. Go ahead, pick one you think suits you best.

The list of Pokemon is as follows:
Grass:
Bulbasaur
Chikorita
Treecko
Turtwig
Snivy

Fire:
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Chimchar
Tepig

Water:
Squirtle
Totodile
Mudkip
Piplup
Oshawott

Bug:
Caterpie
Weedle
Wurmple
Sewaddle
Venipede

Electric:
Pichu
Elekid
Mareep
Shinx

Fighting:
Machop
Timburr
Mankey

Flying:
Pidgey
Starly
Pidove

Ghost:
Gastly
Duskull
Drifloon

Ground:
Trapinch
Sandile
Phanpy

Ice:
Swinub
Spheal
Vanillite

Normal:
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Happiny
Lillipup

Poison:
Nidoran (Male/Female)
Oddish
Gulpin

Psychic:
Abra
Ralts
Solosis
Gothita

Rock:
Geodude
Roggenrola
Aron

I tried to pick anywhere from three-five Pokemon that evolved at least twice. I did the best I could.

I also tried to avoid Dark, Steel, and Dragon, as I think they're a bit much for beginning trainers to handle personally. As you can see, at least one of each (Trapinch becomes a Dragon-type) snuck in anyway.

Wargor
2011-02-20, 07:20 PM
Sebastian walks over to the drawer, carefully looking at the creature that each ball contains. He picks up the ball containing the Gastly and closes his eyes, considering it for several seconds. Turning to the Professor, what might be mistaken for a smile flashes across his face for a second. "I believe I shall choose this one Professor."

Asdfth
2011-02-20, 07:43 PM
Ivan put his hands on each of the remaining pokeballs one by one until he reached the one that contain Turtwig. As he placed his hand of the Turtwig's Pokeball Ivan's eye flashed a green color for a moment. "Ah I see it seems that we are destined to be." Ivan takes the Pokeball that contains Turtwig."Thank you Professor I believe this is the start of a great friendship.

VirgoBushin
2011-02-20, 07:52 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope covered her mouth in shock. Oh wow.... so many... Still, she was very content. She had waited for this day and now it had arrived. She looked carefully amongst all the Pokeballs. After careful contemplation, she nodded and gently picked up the Pokeball with the Igglybuff inside. "I think I'll go with this one." She said, unable to help but keep smiling as she looked down at her newly acquired Pokemon ball.

Tsumeken
2011-02-20, 08:00 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor looks over all the Pokemon. He then sees one he's never touched before. Perhaps it would be a good subject for his breeding experiments. He grabs the ball containing the Snivy. "Thank you very much, Professor Beech." With that, he released the Snivy, bending down towards it. "Hey there little .... guy?"

(Do we pick gender, nature, etc. or do you do that? Just making sure)

Woodsman
2011-02-20, 08:06 PM
(Yes, you pick nature/gender/ability (if applicable). I forgot to mention that)

Falgorn
2011-02-20, 08:17 PM
Alain looks over the selection carefully, looking for something he could connect with. Fire was spectacular, but not his type. Eventually, he finds Starly's Pokeball.
"Aha, little one. I can tell that you and I shall have quite the bonding experience." He picks up the ball and tosses it up, catching it with his other hand. "Some day, you might be able to carry me." His persistent grows, happy that this marks his beginnings as a trainer.

((Couldn't find a way to incorporate it IC, so it's going to be a female, rash Pokemon. With Keen Eye, but that's automatic.))

Woodsman
2011-02-20, 08:35 PM
The Professor smiles as you choose your Pokemon. He obviously remembers the time he did this fondly.

He presses several more keys and a smaller drawer pops out, containing six Pokedexes. "These Pokedexes have everything you'll need besides information on Pokemon. They serve as a trainer ID, phone, map, and PC system. Be extremely careful not to lose it, as I'll have trouble getting a replace sent to you.

"Now, from here, you have three choices as to where to go. You can travel North to Whiteacre Town, where Wilbur has his Normal-type Gym. East will take you to Silversky City, with Orville and his Flying-type Gym. Finally, South will take you to Irondale City, where Meredith leads Itova's Fighting-type Gym

I leave it to you as to where you want to go. If you want to split up, that's no problem. I may make separate threads, but we'll see

Tsumeken
2011-02-20, 09:30 PM
Alistor Humer

The Snivey looks up at Alistor as he questions t and gives him a humph and the cold shoulder, "Ohhhh, little girl... I'm sorry about that but, you are the first of your kind I've ever seen. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He hoped she had forgiven him for his earlier blunder as she turned back with more a smirk then a smile on her face. "Snivy." He hesitated a second before understanding at least he hoped. "Oh yes, my names Alistor, I'm a breeder in training. And I think I'll call you.... Evergreen. How does that name sound." Maybe it was due to the sound of the name as it was a elegant name indeed that caused the quick nod from the Pokemon, either way though she seemed to like it.

Alistor left his arm outstretched allowing Ever to climb up it and sit/stand upon his shoulders. "I think we'll head for Whiteacre first, Flying and Fighting seem to be a bit of a strech especially for Ever's new found state."

Asdfth
2011-02-20, 09:47 PM
"Turtwig come on out." Ivan releases Turtwig from his Pokeball."Hello my friend it is a pleasure to meet you...Akupara. Yes a strong name for a strong Pokemon." Ivan then takes a Pokedex from Professor Beech. He examines it."What a strange device." He then points it at Alistor's Snivy. Ivan also overheard Alistor's comment about going to Whiteacre. "Ah fate has united us I am also going to Whiteacre. Shall we go together?"

VirgoBushin
2011-02-20, 10:05 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope turned upon hearing two of the other trainers heading towards Whiteacre Town. "Um.... so will I. I need to first test out how on par my Pokemon is against the same types before trying different ones. At least... I think it'd be a good idea. So... if you two don't mind me joining that is. Oh.... sorry I almost forgot my manners. I'm Penelope Hathaway." She bowed her head to each boy, a nervous but at least genuine smile on her face.

Asdfth
2011-02-20, 10:30 PM
"Sure I don't mind. As I said earlier I am Ivan Lusk it is a pleasure to meet you, Penelope." Ivan then points the Pokedex at Akupara and scans him and Alistor's Snivy.

Tsumeken
2011-02-20, 11:12 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor suppose it would not be so bad to have traveling companions. "Sounds like a plan do you think so Ever?" The Snivey seems indifferent about having company as she remains on her perch. Alistor could already tell she would be a handful.

VirgoBushin
2011-02-21, 12:50 AM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope bowed her head slightly to Ivan, Alistor, Akupara, and even Evergreen.."Nice to meet you all. Well... um.... should we walk and talk then?" As she began to walk, her mind frantically raced on subjects to talk about. A sudden light bulb only she could see appear over her did showed up and she nodded before speaking again, "So what got you two into Pokemon anyways?"

Asdfth
2011-02-21, 01:13 AM
"How do I explain this?" Ivan pauses for a moment to explain his story."Well since as long as my family history goes my family and I have powers that help us become one with Pokemon. This trait has been within our generation so long we are raised to embraced these powers. So I guess I really got into Pokemon by the age of 6 where my training began. This help me form bonds with Pokemon. Until when I reach 18 thats when its custom for my kids in family part from home and go on to masters these powers. Well I hope that answered question. Though what got you intrested in Pokemon?"

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 04:45 AM
Mort wanders in after the kids and sits next to the proffessor while watching the selection proccess "Dont worry about scanning me. Whats the point, as Cubones go im hardly a good example. I dont even have a bone, im a joke." He whimpers and grabs hold of Beech's legs and begins weeping into it."I dont want to go to Whitea- Wait a minute" Suddenly Mort stops crying and stands up "You kids will be travelling all around the place right? You planning on stopping at Silversky? The flying place, yeah I have a score to settle with those bird types."

Wargor
2011-02-21, 08:28 AM
Gabriel releases his new companion from it's spherical cage. taking it in for the first time. He clears his throat, looking serious. "I am Sebastian. I am your new owner, and together we shall do great things. I name you Geist, a suitable name for one who will grow to terrorise our enemies!" A vicious smile crosses his features, which Geist matches as he is returned to his Poke ball. Sebastian follows after the others, as a Normal type gym sounded like the perfect way of testing his new ghostly friend.

Falgorn
2011-02-21, 08:38 AM
Alain stays silent as the others speak, simply following them, staring at his Pokeball. He lets his little starly out of it's cage, and allows it to perch on his shoulder. "For now, you can stay Starly, my dove." Alain listens to the conversation at hand; he decides to join into it.
"Well, I got into Pokemon for the sheer wonder. Whether it's fighting Gym Leaders, winning Contests, or even going against the Elite Four, Pokemon always prove magnificient and loyal."

Wargor
2011-02-21, 08:56 AM
Taking out the Pokedex he took as he left the lap, Sebastian makes sure to scan each of the others Pokemon, so to have their capabilities of record. You never know when you might need to know something's weakness...He listens to the others talking, and decides to speak up."I wanted to travel and learn, and the only safe way of doing that if to have a Pokemon."

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 09:14 AM
"So were sticking together then? I suppose thats a good thing." Mort says still running of the high of eventually meeting a Farfetch'd and getting himself a trophy leek. He looks over to Sebastian Hmm I dont think he ever smiles.. Actually I like this kids style.

Tsumeken
2011-02-21, 11:40 AM
Alistor Humer

Alistor felt strange traveling in this huge pack kinda made him feel like they were in some sort of street gang or something. The one boys attitude did not help to alleviate that image. Ever didn't seem to mind, in her mind none of these others were doing this of their own wll anyway. They had merely been.... so stunned by her beauty that they could not help themselves but to follow. Ah such is the way of the beautiful.

Alistor spoke next. "I got into Pokemon from my parents, they are both accomplished Breeders and I hope to follow in their footsteps." He then looked around the area for a bit. "I think before we get ot the cit I'm going to stop off and train Ever up a bit... if we all show up at the same time for a gym battle it would be a bit overwhelming to the leader I think." He also was okay in small groups this large one he thought might prove to be a bit.... to strange and wild Pokemon may shy away from their "Pack"

Woodsman
2011-02-21, 02:15 PM
"Oh, before I forget, you need your other Poke Balls," the Professor says, handing you each five other Poke Balls.

Wargor
2011-02-21, 02:32 PM
Sebastian takes the Poke balls and pockets them, nodding his thanks. He turns his Pokedex on the depressing Cubone and scans it, more knowledge added to his growing collection. "Well, are we to travel as a group then? Safety in numbers afterall." Yes, safety for me with these meat shields he thinks, carefully keeping his face blank. He also releases Geist again, scans him, then returns him to his ball.

Tsumeken
2011-02-21, 02:59 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor didn't know what it was but he didn't feel good about Sebastian. It was most likely in the way he presented himself and held himself so aloof from the others. Alistor fell back to the back of the group as he looked for maybe a chance to ditch the group. Or in the less sense Sebastian.

Asdfth
2011-02-21, 03:29 PM
"Ah thank you Professor. Ivan takes the Pokeballs from the Professor."Okay I think it settled lets go to Whiteacre. Ivan turns arounds and looks at the Cubone."Of course we shall go to Silversky. Do you wish to go with us? Ivan then leaves going to Whiteacre.

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 04:46 PM
"Hmm" Mort thinks for a moment. "Yes I think its probably best, Ill just die if I go on my own and now travelling with a group of children, I feel safer already" He grumbles with a hint of sarcasm.

Mort then makes his way to Sebastian and tugs upon his trouser leg. "Ive never been scanned before, no one has bothered. What does it say?"

Wargor
2011-02-21, 04:57 PM
Sebastian glances down at the depressing creature, his expression distasteful. "It said that Cubone's are heartbroken creatures that wear the skull of their dead mother and cry for them. Pretty sad little thing aren't you?" His voice carries no inflection so as not to give away his true feelings on the matter.

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 05:39 PM
Mort stares blankly at Sebastian as his eyes begin to well with tears before he slumps to the floor and begins weeping. The tears streaming down the skull following the grooves left by a life of constant sadness.

Wargor
2011-02-21, 05:55 PM
Sebastian suddenly feels a pang of guilt and awkwardly pats the Cubone on it's skull. "No no, stop that, er, Mort. No need to cry." He looks round at the others, feeling lost at what to do, he'd never dealt with an over emotional Pokemon before afterall. Or any Pokemon really, apart from his fathers attack Houndooms. But he supposed he had to start manipu- dealing with them sometime. "Stop crying, there's a good Mort."

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 06:04 PM
Morts head snaps up to look Sebastian in the face, his eyes dry up and he gets to his feet. "You are comforting me? No one has ever comforted me before... Do you know what this means?" Morts runs and leaps at Sebastian "You are the best friend Ive ever had!" He again starts to cry.

Wargor
2011-02-21, 06:16 PM
Sebastian's eye's widen in shock as he is hit by the low flying missile that is Mort. He staggers backwards, arms wind-milling to regain his balance, but he fails and falls to the ground, hitting his head hard. His wide eyes suddenly begin to glow purple, and a corona of the same colour appears around Mort, lifting him off Sebastian and into the air. Sebastian stares, mouth agape, before he starts laughing. "I did it! I knew it! You wonderful depressing little thing! My powers are real!" He jumps to his feet and, concentrating, brings Mort back to the ground, before composing his face back into a semblance of seriousness, coughing in a slightly embarrassed way at his outburst.

Using this as the explanation of how my powers manifest, so it's not just completely random.

Woodsman
2011-02-21, 06:20 PM
The Professor nods as if he's not surprised by Sebastian's manifestation. "Excellent. I thought there was something about you. It's not a bad idea for you to visit Jack up at Greypoint City after traveling to Whiteacre. He might have some hints for you on how to use your powers."

Wargor
2011-02-21, 06:23 PM
Sebastian nods, his face serious. If it will help me improve my powers then I will sir. Thank you Professor. Sebastian tries to project the sentence into the Professor mind, concentrating hard.

Bold will now be me using Telepathy, if it can be used this way of course.

Woodsman
2011-02-21, 06:28 PM
The Professor nods in return. Just be careful. Many people are uncomfortable around Psychics, as they don't want their privacy breached. Some can feel you enter their mind and will clamp down on yours, effectively rendering you useless. Be warned.

Wargor
2011-02-21, 06:30 PM
I understand, thank you for the warning. Sebastian gives the Professor a small, honest smile and shakes his hand once more, before turning away to the others. "I'm ready to go when you are."

Falgorn
2011-02-21, 06:36 PM
Alain blinks, watching the Cubone cry, rejoice, then cry again. "Odd little thing, isn't it...Dessalines?
No, too predictable." he says, looking at his Starly. "I'll name you sometime. Maybe some great event will inspire me."
Alain turns to Sebastian, smiling. "You're not the happiest, are you?"

Asdfth
2011-02-21, 06:39 PM
Ivan saw Sebastian eye glow and the use of his powers. He then goes closer to Sebastian."Ah your glew for a moment. Does that mean you have the abilty to become one with Pokemon?"

GodGoblin
2011-02-21, 06:39 PM
Mort barely manages to keep his balance partially due a rough landing and the rest due to dizziness. "Whoa." He says as he stumbles around the room for a few steps. After gaining a steady footing and shaking his head he straitens up. "Yeah im ready to go too, Professor do you have that bag prepared for my journey?"

Woodsman
2011-02-21, 06:42 PM
The Professor smiles and produces a small bag (from where exactly is unknown), handing it to Mort. "You've got a few berries in there, just in case. Remember, since you're technically my Pokemon, you don't have to worry about being captured."

The bag contains 2 Oran Berries and a Pecha Berry. Prof. Beech caught you, but only so no one else can. It's more of a safety measure than a "he owns you."

Tsumeken
2011-02-21, 07:08 PM
Alistor walks off from the rest of the group, he feels uncomforatble around some of them

(regarding to my previous above post)

Wargor
2011-02-22, 03:58 AM
Sebastian blinks at Alain, as if surprised by the question. "I am perfectly content. Why would you think otherwise?" He states in his emotionless drawl. Ivan's question provokes more of an interested response, as he smirks slightly. "No, I do not believe that to be my power. My power is of the mind, to manipulate the energies of the world. Much like a Pokemon would I have to admit." He eyes Alistor in an amused way as he is given the cold shoulder by the stocky trainer. "That's quite rude you know, a little politeness goes a long way."

VirgoBushin
2011-02-22, 04:35 AM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope nodded, noticing Sebastian's ... abilities. The fact they existed made her wonder considering people similar to witches and wizards weren't supposed to exist according to her parents. More importantly, and the main thing that was bothering her, was fear of him desiring to use them upon any of them. It was, as far as she could see, why Alistor had separated himself.... and to extents, she couldn't blame him. She wouldn't want someone messing with her mind.

As she walked over, however, she looked more as if merely going over only to speak with him... though that wasn't an entire lie either. "So your parents inspired you too? So did mine... though in a different way. Not necessarily with breeding mind you....." She began gently leading him away, ensuring the two were out of earshot before whispering,, "Made you uneasy as well I'm guessing? Um.... I hope you don't mind me accompanying you... sorry if I sorta dragged you away...."

Wargor
2011-02-22, 04:51 AM
Sebastian snorts as the two slip away, his expression a sharp sneer. "People always fear those that are different. How weak of heart." He turns to the group still around. "Shall we be off?"

Asdfth
2011-02-22, 07:09 AM
"Yes I do believe we wasted to much time here."

GodGoblin
2011-02-22, 07:13 AM
Mort takes the bag from the professor and thanks him with a hug before slipping it on over his skull. He turns to the group noticing that two of them have separated "Well with purple eyes, green eyes, me and Alain's accent im not surprised they left. Som people just cant handle those who are different I suppose... Anyway im ready when you boys are."

Tsumeken
2011-02-22, 11:24 AM
Alstor nods, "Not at all, and thank you. That man seems off somehow, he gives off a bad vibe and I for one have always trusted my gut." He begins looking around for wild pokemon, he had nothing against the Phychics in general but Sebastian also seemed like a haughty type and he couldn't stand those types of people.

Falgorn
2011-02-22, 03:39 PM
"If anything, Sebastian, I'm kind of jealous. The ability to learn what people really think of you; it sounds cool.
So, gentlemen, we should be off then. Anyone want to say anything about themselves?" Alain asks, trying to make conversation. Might as well enjoy the company you're going to be with.

Asdfth
2011-02-22, 05:07 PM
Ivan heads off from Professor Beech's lab towards Whiteacre Akupara is walking with Ivan. Ivan is also looking for Pokemon to battle and capture or to train Akupara.

Wargor
2011-02-22, 07:03 PM
Sebastian replies to Alain, a hint of pride in his voice. "It is quite a special ability, and one I hope to truly master in time. I'm sure it will prove to be invaluable. What about you, any particular skills?"

Falgorn
2011-02-22, 07:49 PM
"Ehh, nothing major. Just that I'm a talker. I'm also pretty good with instruments, too. Like guitar, piano, bongos.
But it's nothing really cool, like telepathy." Alain takes a hand and pets his Starly, the bird Pokemon chirping its name in response.

Croverus
2011-02-22, 10:09 PM
Gregory

Gregory runs into Sedetown, panting. He pauses to catch his breath and goes to Professor Beech's lab. He knocks on the door. "Professor Beech? I'm sorry I'm late, I was training this morning and must have fallen asleep after it. I came as fast as I could. My dad would make me do a thousand megaton hill-lifts if I had missed the chance to get my first pokemon. I'm not too late am I?"

Woodsman
2011-02-22, 10:15 PM
The Professor smiles and tells Gregory, "Of course not. There are plenty of Pokemon left to choose from. Pick one you think suits you. Professor Beech points to the drawer of Pokemon, with five empty spaces.

Croverus
2011-02-23, 03:23 AM
Sorting through the group, Gregory soon reduces the number to five pokemon; Chimchar, Torchic, Machop, Timburr, and Tepig. He knew enough about the three fire pokemon that their evolved forms were fightign types, having seen them being trained by his father and his father's pupils. But Machop and Timburr were pure fighting type, so they were more likely to handle his intense training methods. After finally weighing the two options he picks the Machop.

"I think I'll go with this Machop. I could certianly use a good partner to train with and I think afterI've had more experiance I'll be ready to try and find the other types in the wild."

He smiles, calling out the Machop. He examines its musculature carefully, nodding approvingly. "I'll have to think of what to cal you, especially cause we're gonna be training together. We'll become the strongest around!" He grins, posing rather randomly and hoping the Machop udnerstood it should pose as wel.

Woodsman
2011-02-23, 08:27 PM
The Professor hands Gregory and his Pokedex, explaining the options for were to travel and how everyone chose to travel to Whiteacre.

((Wild Pokemon will appear Friday, as I'm too busy for combat today and tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow night.))

Croverus
2011-02-23, 08:32 PM
"I see... Well me and Erick better hurry then and catch up. Can't wait to get started! Come on Erick!" With that he thanked the Professor after recieving the pokedex and anything else and ran off in the direction he thought the others were going, his new Machop, Erick, moving with him. He didn't like the idea of letting his pokemon laze about inside a pokemon on their first adventure into the wilds together.

Woodsman
2011-02-23, 08:36 PM
The Professor chuckled. "Children these days, always in a hurry."

A Typhlosion in the corner growled something, to which the Professor laughed. "True. I was very excited for our journey."

He looked in the direction they'd traveled. "I hope they have the best of luck."

End Prologue

Chapter 1: The Journey Begins!

VirgoBushin
2011-02-23, 08:57 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope nodded again, "I wouldn't care so much save he seems a bit too eager to use hs powers and that's what's getting to me more than anything.. Anyways..... um....." After a couple more seconds, she nodded before giving Alistor and Evergreen a smile, her eyes mainly on Evergreen as she spoke again, "What made you choose Evergreen out of all the other possibilities anyways?"

Wargor
2011-02-24, 04:08 AM
Sebastian stops walking, and raises his hand to his chin, rubbing it slowly. "You know, why should we follow them when they obviously don't appreciate our company? I say we head to Irondale, that way we'll be as far away from that arrogant pair as possible. What do you say?"

GodGoblin
2011-02-24, 04:34 AM
"Yeah I suppose it cant be any worse than Whiteacre, But it probably still will." Mort drones in agreement with Sebastian "You guys think that late comer will want to come with us? He looks like a fighter type but what do I know, he could be into rocks for all I care" He adds while sitting on the floor and leaning his head against the leg of the nearest trainer.

Tsumeken
2011-02-24, 03:53 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor thought about it for a moment, Well.... I guess when I looked at her nothing else seemed to fit, Ever just kinda stood out. What about you, how did you come by your name?"

Falgorn
2011-02-24, 04:03 PM
"If he wants to go with us, he can; the more, the merrier. But, honestly, I don't care where we go. As long as I can train my Starly on the way.
Also, Mort, what do you plan on doing? Fighting against Gym Leaders?"

GodGoblin
2011-02-24, 04:23 PM
"I hadnt thought about it, I wouldnt be able to challenge them by myself but maybe I could pretend to be one of your pokemon? If you would even want me that is" He says as he continues to lean against the trainers leg

Croverus
2011-02-25, 12:25 AM
Gregory hurries to catch up with the others, running into Sebastian and Mort first. He pauses to catch his breathe before talking, his Machop, whom he named Erick on the way, beside him. Gregory gives Sebastian a wave. "Hey. Glad I caught up to somebody. I'm Gregory, the late guy, heh. Cool Cubone. One of my dad's friends trained a pair of them and their evolved form, forget the name of it though. He'd spar with them, usually using a wooden sword. This is Erick. Say hey Erick."

Erick gives a short wave and a quick, "Chop," as if you say "hey".

VirgoBushin
2011-02-25, 12:59 AM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope looked up a bit, thinking before nodding.. "Instincts kinda like you. But also, like the old saying goes.... looks can be deceiving.. Just because a Pokemon doesn't look tough doesn't mean it can't be. It merely takes time and effort on behalf of the trainer... and I intend to prove even with beauty and cuteness, Pokemon can still be tough all the same. I'm focusing a bit more on medals than badges though but I wouldn't mind trying both. Oh... I'm not rambling am I?" She asked, looking down in slight embarrassment as she chuckled softly.

Wargor
2011-02-25, 04:45 AM
"Nice to meet you Gregory, I am Sebastian." He bows his head slightly in greeting, his face blank. "Oh, Mort here? He isn't mine. We are heading to Irondale, to the Fighting gym. By your choice of companion it seems you may with to join us."

GodGoblin
2011-02-25, 06:45 AM
"Nah im not his, I just sort of tag along" Mort says in the direction of Gregory's feet before turning to Erick "Bone Cubone, bone."*

*Hey hows it going?

Woodsman
2011-02-27, 11:46 AM
((All right, I'm back.))

Gregory/Sebastian/Mort/Alain/Ivan
As you walk along, suddenly a group of Patrat and Sentret appear, apparently to defend their home.

(3 Patrat
5 Sentret)

Penelope/Alistor
A flock of of Pidgey suddenly flies out of the tall grass, flapping around your heads before landing in front of you

(4 Pidgey)

VirgoBushin
2011-02-27, 12:48 PM
Penelope Hathaway

As Penelope scanned her Pokemon then the Pidgey all in front of them, she felt her heart sink upon noticing something.. Her Igglybuff had no offensive moves. Oh no! How am I supposed to do this?! For a bit, she kept staring down at her Pokedex before she nodded and her hand went to her side where her Pokeball was. "I don't know about you but I'm gonna see about trying to get one. Also, after this, would Evergreen mind if I scanned her?"

She took a deep breath before tightening her grip around Fae's Pokeball and deploying her. "Go for it, Fae!"

Welcome back and her speed is ... 3. Pretty sure they go first before... well before me at least. Tsume/Evergreen might be faster but... we'll see.

Tsumeken
2011-02-27, 01:10 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor looked at the Pidgeys. He was trying to avoid flying Pokemon at the beginning and now found himself against them. And four of them for that matter. He didn't know if attacking one would cause all four to gang up or if they would slowly wait their turns. He looked over to Evergreen as he pulled a bit on the collar of his shirt, hinting her to hide for a second. He slowly moved forward towards the Pidgey. If need be, he would help out but he didn't want to make a target for them. He reached down, picking up a small rock and trying to skip it to scare at least one or two of the Pidgeys away.

Asdfth
2011-02-27, 03:59 PM
OOC
Well lets just assume I am with them before we split up.

Ivan pulls out his Pokedex and scans both Patrat and Sentret. Seeing how they act he decided combat can be avoided. Ivan then kneels down to Akupara."Akupara these Pokemon think we are here as a threat. Can you please go and explain that we mean no harm. Akupara then slowly approaches the wild Pokemon explaining we don't want any trouble.

Falgorn
2011-02-27, 04:09 PM
Alain grinned. "Finally, a battle!" His Starly chirped with excitement, hopping off of his shoulder and flapping her arms wildly.
"Wait, you want to negotiate with them? Come on, let's just fight them, and catch them!" Alain pulls out his Pokedex, scanning the Sentrets and the Patrats. "We're outnumbered here, but that just means more fun for us!"

Asdfth
2011-02-27, 04:17 PM
"Yes they are just defending their home. If they were attacking us then yes we should fight but that is not the point in this scenario. Though if they want to fight then I suppose we have give them a fight"

GodGoblin
2011-02-27, 04:27 PM
"Let me see how they feel about it..." Mort says stepping ahead of the group to be withing earshot of the wild Pokemon.

"Bone Bone Cubone-Bone?" He asks the group as a whole.

*"So are you going to let us past or do we have to fight you?"

Wargor
2011-02-27, 04:37 PM
Sebastian takes Geist's poke ball in one hand and his Pokedex in the other, using it to scan a Sentret and a Patrat. "Hurry Mort, I'm losing my patience."

VirgoBushin
2011-02-27, 08:35 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope noted out of the corner of her eyes that Alistor was trying to take the "protective approach" as it were... and she couldn't overly blame him. She took a deep breath before nodding then looking down to her Igglybuff, "Fae! Sing!" She mentally crossed her fingers, hoping this would work.

Sing
Accuracy Check (11+): [roll0]

Woodsman
2011-02-28, 03:16 PM
Alistor/Persephone
A couple of the Pidgey flap away due to Alistor's stone, while the other two remain, apparently entranced by Fae's song. They don't fall asleep, however.

The others
One of the Sentret steps forward. "Sentret sen sen sentret tret."*

*By entering our territory, you have challenged us.

GodGoblin
2011-02-28, 03:47 PM
"Uh yeah.. We have to fight them. Let get on with it then" Mort tightens the buckle on his bag before setting off at a charge towards the leader Sentret shouting the word "TACKLE!"

Mort uses Tackle.

Tackle:
Accuracy- [roll0] Edit- vs 3
Damage-[roll1]

Wargor
2011-02-28, 04:05 PM
"Very well then. Geist! Sow terror in their ranks!" Sebastian releases Geist from his ball with a predatory smile. "Target that Patrat and use Hypnosis!"

Hypnosis on one of the Patrats:
[roll0] vs 6

Asdfth
2011-02-28, 04:11 PM
"Oh well at least I tried. Akupara tackle the leader as well."

[roll0] vs 3
[roll1]
OOC
1st attack Critical hit Booyah.

VirgoBushin
2011-02-28, 10:32 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Thankfully, Penelope had thought about a back-up plan in case this had failed. Another good thing was seeing Alastor succeed in decreasing the number of Pidgey and seeing them all just.... gawk at Fae rather than attack her. She took a deep breath, nodding before speaking again, "Fae! Charm!" As she issued her command, she pointed at the specific one she wanted Fae to target as it would be the one she intended to try to catch.

Charm
Accuracy Check (2+): [roll0]
Lowers Attack 2 Combat Stages

Tsumeken
2011-02-28, 10:44 PM
Alistor Humer

Alistor looks on as the two Pidgeys fly off, glad to have reduced their numbers. "Evergreen! Tackle the other Pidgey Fae isn't going after!"

Tackle
Accuracy Check (2+): [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Croverus
2011-03-01, 05:25 PM
Gregory

Gregory slams his hands together and grins, charging the closest Sentret And attacking it with his bare hands while he shouts to Erick. "Erick, Low kick the nearest opponent!"

Erick uses Low kick
ACC: [roll0] vs 2
Dmg: [roll1] +12 from ATT stat

Gregory makes an unarmed attack
(I don't know how I'd roll this. But I'm gonna guess)

Attack roll: [roll2] vs ?
Dmg: [roll3] +2 from Str Mod

Woodsman
2011-03-01, 05:47 PM
Alistor/Persephone
The Pidgey Evergreen tackles is knocked out, while the other seems to be curious as to what Fae is doing.

Mort and Co.
Three of the Sentret are knocked out straightaway, while one of the Patrat falls asleep. The rest flee, but you have enough time to throw a Poke ball if you wish.

Wargor
2011-03-01, 07:21 PM
Sebastian pulls a spare poke ball from his pocket, launching it toward the sleeping Patrat.

[roll0]

Falgorn
2011-03-01, 07:48 PM
Alain blinks, seeing the fight as over before it began. "Ah, I should've joined in on that.
Too late, though. I hope I can catch a Sentret from this, though..." Alain grabs a Pokeball and tosses it, crossing his fingers after it is tossed.

[roll0]

Croverus
2011-03-01, 08:25 PM
Gregory

Gregory grins, turning to Erick highfiving. "Awesome job there. Can't wait for the next match. Hopefully we can training later."

Asdfth
2011-03-01, 10:34 PM
"Good job Akupara. That was a great show of your power." Ivan pets Akupara and then they going to Whiteacre training and looking for wild Pokemon on the way.

VirgoBushin
2011-03-01, 10:47 PM
Penelope Hathaway

Penelope let out a sigh of relief as she saw it down to the Pidgey she was trying to obtain and her Fae. "Try Sing again!" Even if it didn't work, she'd try to catch it. Just hopefully it would work so this could be more easily caught.

@Woodsman: I'm not sure if you've noticed or not... but the Igglybuff doesn't have an actual attacking move yet. It won't get anything until level 9 if I recall correctly... so if I seem weird in my tactics, this is why.

Sing
Accuracy Check (11+): [roll0]
*Groan* This may be a while -.-

GodGoblin
2011-03-02, 06:17 AM
Mort gets up from the tackle and unconscious Sentret to look over at Sebastian throwing the pokeball. He watches expectantly

Tsumeken
2011-03-02, 06:04 PM
Alistor watched as the igglybuff fought with the pidgey. Igglybuff would have a hard fought battle since it's abilities were limited to non-damaging attacks. He threw a pokeball towards the already defeated Pidgey.

Woodsman
2011-03-03, 01:37 PM
The Poke Balls wiggle three times before distinctively clicking, signifying the captures have been successful.

The Pidgey Persephone is battling seems genuinely confused as to what's going on now.

Wargor
2011-03-04, 08:07 AM
Exerting the power of his mind, Sebastian picks the Poke ball up and returns it to his hand, a small smile on his face. He turns to his victorious Pokemon, a look of pride in his eye. "Well done Geist, you did brilliantly. Return now and rest."

He calls Geist back into his ball and then lets out the Patrat, looking it over critically. "Hmm, I shall name you Leercat. May your eyes stay ever vigilant as they watch for our enemies." He recalls Leercat, and returns their Poke balls to his pocket.

Falgorn
2011-03-04, 09:37 PM
Alain smiles, and takes his Pokeball. "Hmm, scout Pokemon, Sentret?
You're going to be the Force-A-Nature. And us three, me, you, and Starly, will make it to the top!" Alain smiles cheerily, and tucks the Pokeball away, ready to journey again.

Woodsman
2011-03-07, 03:37 PM
((Feel free to roleplay amongst yourselves, guys.

30 XP for everyone))

Wargor
2011-03-07, 05:05 PM
Wait, for us? or for our mons?

Woodsman
2011-03-07, 05:11 PM
Wait, for us? or for our mons?

Your mons. You basically level up when I say you can. :smalltongue:

Croverus
2011-03-07, 08:39 PM
Remembering almost as if it had just occured to him, Gregory takes out his pokedex and scans Erick. "Hey Mort, do you mind if I scan you with this? I just remembered the professor mentioning I should scan as many pokemon as I can. Sebastien, if I could scan your mons too that'd be really helpful."

Wargor
2011-03-08, 03:59 AM
"Hmm, that would be acceptable as long as I get to record yours too." Sebastian releases Geist and Leercat, before taking out his Pokedex and scanning Erik.

GodGoblin
2011-03-08, 04:51 AM
"Fine scan me, at the end of the day im just another number to you people" The excitment of battle had obviously worn off as Mort was abck to his usual self.

He looks up from the floor to give a nod to Leercat "Hey.."

Asdfth
2011-03-08, 06:55 AM
Ivan was walking towards Whiteacre and then he stops and turns to Akupara. "Hey Akupara do you think those two other kids are at Whiteacre yet?" Ivan kneels down to Akupara looking for confirmation but he only gives you Ivan a strange look. "Yeah I think they are already in Whiteacre, but hey who care you truly understand nature when you are by yourself and a new great friend. Ivan then puts his ear to the ground trying to pick up sound. Then he looks around to the nearest tree and decides to put Akupara on his head before deciding to scale the tree.

Falgorn
2011-03-08, 03:56 PM
"Hmm, I just realized that I haven't scanned a single Pokemon. Would any of you mind if I scanned yours?" He scans the Pokemon of Sebastian and Gregory, also scanning Mort. "Oh, and nice to meet you all. I have a good feeling about this trip."