PDA

View Full Version : Artifact row (3.5)

Yeturs
2011-02-19, 07:46 PM
So. I'm building a dungeon for my party. This is meant as the end of the story. So it's an epic ending of sorts. It's basically going to be a long hallway with doors on either side. Inside all of these doors is an artifact.

Depending on the artifact, it can be removed. Like, lesser artifact weapons and stuff.

Anyway, they are level eight. Anyone know of any artifact I could put in a room?

Ideas for two are the deck of many things (only allowing one set of draws per player, dunno if that's official or not, but that's what Im doing.) and the demon graft machine from (I think) book of vile darkness.

So yeah. I'm looking for cool artifact quality stuffs. Homebrew is fine, as are just rough ideas I can stat out. Thanks playground.

gallagher
2011-02-19, 08:24 PM
So. I'm building a dungeon for my party. This is meant as the end of the story. So it's an epic ending of sorts. It's basically going to be a long hallway with doors on either side. Inside all of these doors is an artifact.

Depending on the artifact, it can be removed. Like, lesser artifact weapons and stuff.

Anyway, they are level eight. Anyone know of any artifact I could put in a room?

Ideas for two are the deck of many things (only allowing one set of draws per player, dunno if that's official or not, but that's what Im doing.) and the demon graft machine from (I think) book of vile darkness.

So yeah. I'm looking for cool artifact quality stuffs. Homebrew is fine, as are just rough ideas I can stat out. Thanks playground.

i have an artifact that i homebrewed called the broken watch. twice a day, you ask it a question and it gives a knowledge check beating DC 30, so you effectively know everything about something.

useful in small doses

HunterOfJello
2011-02-19, 08:31 PM
Deck of Transformations (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/deck-of-transformations)

Amnestic
2011-02-19, 08:34 PM
Anyway, they are level eight.

Just to be clear, is this the end of the campaign with these characters, or just this story, with the characters continuing on.?

If the former; I'd say the Deck of Many Things with as many draws as they want, in a Round Robin setup. If the latter, don't give them the deck. Waaaaay too much potential to wreck any sort of party or campaign balance you have.

Yeturs
2011-02-21, 08:23 PM
It's the end of the story arc. So a few years will pass in game before the next adventure.

Yeah. I like the ideas so far, keep them coming please :D