PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Underside - The Second!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Darklord Bright
2011-02-19, 11:58 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1193/underside.png

This thread is for all actions and events taking place in Underside, the sprawling network of underground caverns beneath the surface of the Nexus. Underside is a vast, largely unexplored territory of the world, seemingly going on forever in all directions as well as further down into the depths of the world – often lit in a dim glow by the strange plants and fungi which grow in those labyrinthine tunnels. The Underside is often considered a separate world beneath the feet of the Nexus, operating under strange, foreign rules and keeping its business where it belongs.

Main Locations

Undercity
Undercity is constantly expanding out into the tunnels, its hub located at the center of a large, open area in the rock. There, the city’s center is built into a massive stalactite, bridges extending to smaller ones in an expansive, web-like city above, even as buildings gaze up from below. It is lit by glowing blue crystals mined from the rock, used in lieu of lanterns or fire.

This city is ruled not by a single leader, but by a contingent of noble houses, each one involved in feuds and alliances with the others even as new houses spring up periodically throughout the city. The rules in the Undercity are simple – the nobles make the rules (so long as enough of them can agree on anything).

The one golden rule, however, is this: Undercity business is Undercity business - and if you mess with one of them, you mess with all of them. The Nobles may make the rules, but the citizen here are hard. They're a Family with a capital 'F', and nobody messes with family, be they topsider, outsider, noble, or even your own flesh and blood.

This isn't a haven for criminals and slavers, and the residents will let you learn that the hard way. Everyone here earned their keep, and pulls their weight in their own way. These people live in the harsh underground by choice.

They're fighters. They're survivors. And nobody messes with their family.

Good Example (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12225825&postcount=1418)

The Tunnels
There is no one single description for the tunnels. The tunnels are not one location, but are instead a vast network of passageways and openings and nooks and crannies in the rock, some natural, some decidedly not. There are forests of towering, luminescent fungi, forgotten cities, rivers of water and magma, and cultures of all kinds. But the tunnels are not as romantic as they might sound – dark beasts lurk in the depths of the world, and one does not leave the relative safety of the Undercity without protection…

Rules
All forum rules apply, godmodding rules apply.
No destroying the Undercity is probably the biggest thing, and I'd prefer that this not be used as a hideout for topside criminals. In any case, criminals from topside who bring their troubles to the Undercity will likely be dealt with in whatever way the nobles can agree on - and oh…

Welcome to Underside.

Previous threads:
The First (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183459)

Earl of Purple
2011-02-20, 04:51 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

aemi rotates her shoulders, trying to get rid of the feeling "...thank you..."

The feeling persists for unusually long, but is otherwise easily dispelled by activity. "There you go. Now, please follow me." Charynrae will head towards a cocoon stuck straight to the ceiling of the tunnel the cocoons are in. The ceiling of this cocoon has a hole in it, as does the tunnel, and a rope ladder made of more silk descends from it. "This tunnel is private; there's nothing up there that shouldn't be. It leads to both Inside and Riverside; I'll show you the way." Charynrae ignores the ladder, and just floats into the air and up the tunnel.

iElf
2011-02-20, 04:54 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The feeling persists for unusually long, but is otherwise easily dispelled by activity. "There you go. Now, please follow me." Charynrae will head towards a cocoon stuck straight to the ceiling of the tunnel the cocoons are in. The ceiling of this cocoon has a hole in it, as does the tunnel, and a rope ladder made of more silk descends from it. "This tunnel is private; there's nothing up there that shouldn't be. It leads to both Inside and Riverside; I'll show you the way." Charynrae ignores the ladder, and just floats into the air and up the tunnel.
aemi will try climbing up as fast as she can

Earl of Purple
2011-02-20, 05:06 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

It's a long tunnel. Very long. There's the occasional spiderweb, and there's centipedes in the walls, but Charynrae's told them that Aemi's a friend and not to be eaten. At the top is a round room with three doors leading away from it. There's no light, though, so Aemi might not see this. "That door there leads to Inside. Don't take any of the turnings, just walk straight ahead." Charynrae's pointing to one of the doors marked with the word 'Inside' in Abyssal, although the no light in the room makes it hard to see.

iElf
2011-02-20, 05:16 PM
aemi nods, and will keep on walking "thank you!"

Earl of Purple
2011-02-20, 05:52 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The tunnel leads to the basement of the Temple of Dalachrech in the city of Inside. There are no lights on the entire trip, but as it is normal darkness mundane methods of light production or seeing in the dark work as normal. Charynrae returns down the dark tunnel she levitated up, although she can't levitate down so she walks upon one of the walls instead. The door is unlocked from this side, but there's no handle on the other side of the door nor any other way of opening it.

Artemis97
2011-02-20, 06:37 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

A slim figure of a man walks into the city. Her carries himself with grace and nobility, but he was dressed in rags. Grey and dirty scraps, scavenged from a dozen sources. His skin was pale, white like bleached bone. From his back spread a pair of wings, batlike, covered in short black fur. His ears were somewhat batlike as well, pointed, shaped almost like a leaf. Long hair, gone silver, flows down past his shoulders, though he still looked youthful, if very tired. He cranes his neck to take in the expanse of the city, his pink eyes scanning the heights of the buildings and the stalagtites hanging from the cieling.

iElf
2011-02-20, 07:02 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The tunnel leads to the basement of the Temple of Dalachrech in the city of Inside. There are no lights on the entire trip, but as it is normal darkness mundane methods of light production or seeing in the dark work as normal. Charynrae returns down the dark tunnel she levitated up, although she can't levitate down so she walks upon one of the walls instead. The door is unlocked from this side, but there's no handle on the other side of the door nor any other way of opening it.

aemi will enter , and look for a way out of the temple

Mina Kobold
2011-02-21, 02:01 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

Bump-pshhhh-bump

something oddly shaped, a large flat head with a tiny body underneath it, runs toward the ground beneath the temple of the lord of Intervertebrates.

Bump bump -pshhhHHHss- bump

Following it is a horde of luminiscent beetles and what can only be seen as blicd worms the size of small dogs, growing so close taht their luminiscence lights up the nature of the small being.

PhhhiiiiihhsHHss!

At closer inspection it appears to be a kobold, either mechanic or in steam-vented armour, carrying a large board with a manner of engine in one end.

"jip! Jiiiiip!"

Earl of Purple
2011-02-21, 04:51 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Aemi

She'll reach the Inside thread at the end of the tunnel. I'll post shortly.

Temple of Dalachrech- Kobold

There's a long, silk rope-ladder dangling from the ceiling. Due to the silk's nature, it's probably strong enough to hold a power-armoured/mechanical kobold. The ladder leads to a large group of silk cocoons, the smallest of which is big enough to be a shed on the surface. The ground underneath has a painted symbol underneath, the symbol of Dalachrech- a two-tailed scorpion. The horde of blind (?) worms and beetles might also calm down when they are under the Temple. Possibly not enough to stop chasing running prey, though.

Gullara
2011-02-21, 09:12 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

A slim figure of a man walks into the city. Her carries himself with grace and nobility, but he was dressed in rags. Grey and dirty scraps, scavenged from a dozen sources. His skin was pale, white like bleached bone. From his back spread a pair of wings, batlike, covered in short black fur. His ears were somewhat batlike as well, pointed, shaped almost like a leaf. Long hair, gone silver, flows down past his shoulders, though he still looked youthful, if very tired. He cranes his neck to take in the expanse of the city, his pink eyes scanning the heights of the buildings and the stalagtites hanging from the cieling.

He'll come across a diminutive figure leaving the city. He's a gretchen, but the fey might assume he's a goblin. He does look like one except a bit smaller and lankier with a much bigger nose and ears. He's wearing only a pair of brown pants, too big welder's goggles, and a necklace made of at least a mouthful of big, sharp teeth.

When he encounters the pale skinned newcomer he covers the tooth necklace with one hand and asks. "Who're you." He peers upward suspiciously.

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 09:24 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

The man looks down at the curious goblin-like creature and tilts his head. "Who...who am I?" He echoes, his voice distant. It seemed like he hadn't spoken in a long time. He struggles to come up with the answer. It was so difficult to remember. "I am... They called me..." His face falls. "I cannot recall. It has been too long."

Gullara
2011-02-21, 09:35 PM
"Hrm." The gretchin grunts. "Ya kinda look like one of those bats. I'll call ya Batty."

"Name's Grot, Batty." Grot offers Batty a wide, disturbing grin. "So what're ya up to?"

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 09:45 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

The newly named Batty chuckles. "I suppose that will have to do. It is good to meet you, Grot." He bows his head slightly in greeting. "I saw the light from the city. I was curious. This is... astounding." He says, looking back at the 'skyline'.

Gullara
2011-02-21, 09:52 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

Grot looks back into the city. "Yeah, it's alright. Dry cave ta sleep in. Plentya mushrooms ta eat. Not much fer good scrap though." the gretchen points back the way the fey came. "Ya gotta good ta some dump caves fer that."

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 09:59 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"Scrap? What sort of scrap do you look for?" Batty asks.

Gullara
2011-02-21, 10:04 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

Grot grins devilishly. "Metal scrap. As much as I can get. I'm makin a bike."

Closer inspection will reveal an assortment of burn wounds scattered over his body.

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 10:14 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"Ah." That made sense. Metal was valuable, useful, and often hard to come by. Still, Batty frowns in confusion. "What is a bike?"

Gullara
2011-02-21, 10:27 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

Grot scratches his head. "Two wheels, ya sit on it. Makes it so ya can go really fast." He imitates the sound of an engine. "Gunna paint it red. Make it go faster."

That grin gets bigger.

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 11:00 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"Ah... is it like one of those... carts?" Batty speculates. He wasn't even going to question the choice of color. Red was a nice color, anyways.

Gullara
2011-02-21, 11:22 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"Err," Grot scratches his head. "Kinda like that. 'Cept faster, and louder."

"So what're ya up ta in the city? Er are ya up ta anything?"

Artemis97
2011-02-21, 11:46 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"No. I had nothing in particular in mind. Perhaps taking in the sights of the city." Batty looks down at Grot. "I presume you were going to search for scrap metal?"

Gullara
2011-02-21, 11:53 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

"That was the plan." Grot says. And since Grot doesn't know the city well beside the goblin colony and Morty isn't on... "I'll be seein ya then. Come aroun the goblin cave sometime. I'll show ya my bike." He'll give he directions to the goblin colony and head off.

Artemis97
2011-02-22, 12:28 AM
[Undercity - Gates]

"I will be sure to do that. Thank you." Batty bows his head again. "Farewell." He says, before turning to walk deeper into the city.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-22, 04:31 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Kobold

There's a long, silk rope-ladder dangling from the ceiling. Due to the silk's nature, it's probably strong enough to hold a power-armoured/mechanical kobold. The ladder leads to a large group of silk cocoons, the smallest of which is big enough to be a shed on the surface. The ground underneath has a painted symbol underneath, the symbol of Dalachrech- a two-tailed scorpion. The horde of blind (?) worms and beetles might also calm down when they are under the Temple. Possibly not enough to stop chasing running prey, though.

((Sorry, I missed this!))

The kobold sees the saving rope ladder and in a daring jump manages to grab onto it and climb up to the nearest cocoonbefore the ladder swings back.

"Piii"

It looks around, hoping there are no more giant creatures deciding to hunt it.

((And now I unfortunately have to deadtime... Timing!))

Earl of Purple
2011-02-22, 04:44 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Rope Ladder to Entrance Cocoon

The room inside is rather large, with a guestbook on a nearby table, but that is the only item of furniture in the room. There is lighting, provided by cat-sized red beetles with glowing green spots on their thoraxes; the beetles mainly stick to the walls and ceiling, but there's a few on the floor. They light the room as though each was a candle, but the light is steadier. The guestbook has been made out of wasp-paper, and is bound in leather embossed with two-tailed scorpion symbol. Next to it is a pencil.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-25, 03:15 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

((Ach! I forgot about this, sorry!))

The Kobold looks suspiciously at the glowing beetles but walks through the room and examines the pencil, biting it's end while examinating it.

It moves it's lens-covered eyes to the wasp paper book to examinate it too, lenses of varying design and colouration moving onto or away from it's basic goggles.

At last it writes a series of runes in the book, quite obviously a version of Draconic, and puts the pencil back.

The runes translate roughly to:

Hello, can you speak?

The Kobold will sit down and await something happening while making mends to it's board with various blowtorches and similar equipment from it's fingers or suit.

Earl of Purple
2011-02-25, 05:43 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

((Don't worry about it; I meant to poke you but kept forgetting myself))

The book, perhaps unsurprisingly, does not respond to the runes, although it looks like lots of previous people have written their names and the date inside.

Whilst the kobold works on his board, a drider enters. From the waist up, she's a young, pretty drow woman with long white hair and compound eyes. She's wearing undyed silk robes upon her torso, with the occasional sheet upon the predatory spider body her drow torso is attached to. "Oh, hello and welcome to the Temple of Dalachrech. I am Charynrae Baeld'alachrech, and you are?"

Mina Kobold
2011-02-25, 07:20 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The Kobold looks at the Drider and tilts it's head with a whistle of steam fro the vent on it's side.

"Uih?"

It looks back at the book and studies Charynrae's face before carefully trying to greet her in the Underdark and Merfolk languages, if her world had any language like those then it should sound like those.

The Nexus is odd about languages like that.

Earl of Purple
2011-02-25, 07:28 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Hearing the greeting in Undercommon, Charynrae repeats what she said in that language. Her voice is ever so slightly elvish-sounding, but the accent is drow. Merfolk, however, Charynrae doesn't understand and cannot recognise. There aren't many merfolk underground.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-26, 11:19 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

The Kobold jumps in surprise as Charynrae speaks.

"[You understand the language of the Deep!?]"

It's relief at finding someone it can communicate with is quite obvious, especially since it's mechanical parts and steam vent make up for the Kobold's hidden face.

"[I am Nach'tt Dam't of the Linnorm tribe, or was until recently.]"

The Kobold bows awkwardly after a second of pondering, apparently assuming it to be the correct mannerism.

"[I thank you for allowing me to escape the creatures of the caves in your holy sanctuary]"

Earl of Purple
2011-02-26, 02:44 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Chamber

"[I grew up down here. I know this language better than the common tongue of the surface races, although it isn't my first language. To which creatures of the cave do you refer? There are many hereabouts, some of which are intelligent enough to follow, but most are smart enough not to.]" It's the giant spiders, they really stopped the grimlock raids. Mostly because they ate the grimlocks, apart from the few that escaped.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-26, 05:11 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The Kobolds point at the glowing beetles with a metallic hand.

"[Creatures like those and creatures which had neither eyes nor limbs]"

It's eyes linger at the beetle for a second before returning to Charynrae.

"[I hope I have not done anything wrong, would be horrible first impressions to anger the lord of Invertebrates' subjects and hence seek help from his temple.]"

The Kobold attempts to show honesty but expressing anything but a need to vent some steam is difficult when covered in armour like it is.

Earl of Purple
2011-02-26, 05:17 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[I thought my spiders were keeping their numbers under control. Nevermind, though; the fact they are a threat to travellers shows that they can sustain a larger population of giant spiders than I had believed.]" Charynrae seems to understand about the escaping from invertebrates. Had the escapee been eaten, then the Church would have lost a potential worshipper.

Mina Kobold
2011-02-26, 06:48 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The Kobold sees to think about this statement for a few seconds, likely out of surprise.

"[I see, worship is quite different among ceiling-dwellers. Would you not care for all invertebrates as a follower of Dala'rech?]"

The Kobold inquires curiously, a sea-green lens clicking in place over one of it's eyes.

Earl of Purple
2011-02-27, 04:59 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[Some invertebrates are meant to be prey. Whether they are eaten by larger invertebrates, mammals, reptiles or birds, it does not matter. Whilst Dalachrech does care for all invertebrates equally, His ordinary worshippers tend to prefer not to be eaten by them.]" Question is, what about His priests?

Mina Kobold
2011-03-02, 12:38 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

The Kobold nods a few times.

"[I see, one dies to let the group grow stronger, much similar to the Linnorm of my tribe]"

He doesn't seem to have noticed the lack of mention of Dalachrech's priests, in fact, it seems more concerned that he might have offended one of them.

"[Not that I would compare you to it's priests at all, no no]"

It flails it's metal-lad arms in an attempt to further it's explanation, looking quite silly with several glowing parts of it's armour now turning into blurry lines of light. Or, well, looking like they do.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-02, 04:46 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[That seems to be the basics of it, yes. Don't worry, people compare new situations to what they know; to deny that would make me less than a person. Therefore, I do not take offence at comparisons with things I am unfamiliar with. I do take offence at insulting comparisons with surfacers or animals.]" Charynrae smiles at the mechanikobold's antics, but only a slight lift of the lips to indicate her amusement.

Morty
2011-03-04, 08:35 AM
[East of Underside]

Construction at the site of the future goblin colony has been going on for the last couple of months... tons of building materials were brought, caves were dug, dried and furnished, bridges were built, air vents and chimneys were drilled, foundries were set up and borders marked. People travelling through the tunnels might now run into large signs where "Khrazkaiada Colony" is marked in big, red letters. The neighboring tulles have been widened, supported and made easier to travel through. Rails have been placed in many of them to allow wagons to be pushed through.
The colony is still fairly empty, though. Families still haven't moved in and they won't until everything is safe. For now, the caves are mostly filled with soldiers and technicians. The forges deep within the colony are working around the clock and black, greasy smoke is pumped to the surface.

Mina Kobold
2011-03-05, 04:40 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

The mechanikobold stops flailing and sighs in relief, it was afraid for a moment there.

"That's good... What's a surfacer?"

It looks at the beetles crawling around the surfaces in the room.

"One of those?"

Earl of Purple
2011-03-05, 04:37 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

When the mechanikobold points and asks if the beetle is a surfacer, Charynrae laughs. It's a musical, melodious sound, like water flowing over bells. "[No, that's a male glowbeetle, three months old judging by how bright he is. A surfacer is somebody whose species or race dwells upon the surface of the world, as opposed to these caverns and caves. That beetle is far superior to most surfacers, believe me.]"

Mina Kobold
2011-03-05, 05:29 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

The mechanikobold doesn't look like it understood any of what Charynrae said, but seems glad that it was just a laughing matter.

"[The surface? I believed there to be many surfaces, or do I not understand the Deep well enough?]"

It may dawn on Charynrae that this creature may never have even heard of the world above Underside.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-05, 05:40 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[You have not heard of the surface? Then you must be from a long way down. This place is close to the top, a place with no more ceilings and no higher tunnels. That place is called the 'surface', and I have never visited, but rumour holds that for part of the time, a ball of fire sits where the ceiling should be, and it lights the whole world; surfacers call it 'Day'. The rest of the time, the ball is somewhere else, and the surfacers call that 'Night'. Rumour also holds that sometimes water falls from the sky, rather than flowing from wells or falling through sink holes. As said, though, I've never been up there so I don't know how true it is.]" Charynrae grew up quite deep, where the surface was a children's story, or would have been had it not featured in so much of Drow culture. Nobody was really sure what the surface was like, though, and most didn't entirely believe in it.

Terumitsu
2011-03-09, 01:06 AM
[Somewhere In The Myriad Tunnels]

It was always a sad time when an adventurer died. For every successful hero who slayed a dragon and every heroine who saved a kingdom, there was always the dozens of the fallen faceless who failed in their attempt.

The adventurer known as Ilaris suffered such an end to her career. The elf had been exploring the undersides of the Nexus before happening across a rust monster nest. Normally, this would be no more than an annoyance for a normal adventurer as gear, while expensive, could be replaced. Ilaris, however, was a being made of metal and while it was a magical substance, it was still food to the hungry beasts.

The elf's last moments were filled with shouts of pain and fear as the small horde chewed away her hands and feet, dissolving them into a palatable substance before slurping it up. It was an ignoble way to go, having one's dreams of becoming a great explorer shattered so suddenly. Her mind turned to worry momentarily about her mother and father whom she was leaving behind as well as her friends and co-workers. One heard of 'Many entering but only one leaving' in stories and gossip but it certainly never would happen to you, right? Perhaps the worst thought would be the realization that she would just become another statistic. Just another fool adventurer who didn't have what it took. It was this feeling of faceless unimportance that was even worse than the pain of being devoured alive. But what could she do? There was no help around for what might as well be miles and it wouldn't help to try and plead with the monsters as they were just dumb beasts. A very cynical voice in the back of her mind did mention that she would at least leave behind a nice magical jacket for whomever decided to clean out this section of tunnel. It might make them wonder why it was there for all of two seconds before they shrug it off and just take it as 'standard loot' as they pass by what would amount to a speed bump to them.

Perhaps it was a spot of mercy by some god but the elf thankfully did not live long enough for the rust monsters to start munching on her head, apparently simply de-animating after a significant amount of her body had been eaten. Where the soul of a failed adventurer went was always up for debate by various theologians. Many were of the line of thought that they migrated toward an afterlife that embodied the ideals that they had lived by while others said they would go be with the god they worshipped. Still others, a small but select few, thought that they simply became lost in the void of the planes, being unable to find their final resting place after suffering an unfulfilled death.

The rust monsters didn't care about any of this, however, as they were simply happy that their meal had finally stopped thrashing around.

Recaiden
2011-03-09, 09:01 PM
[Somewhere in the tunnels]

Comes an explorer, currently unarmed and unarmored, carrying a small glowing crystal in one hand. They're beginning to realize how totally alien this place, and to panic just a little; she hasn't been able to see the sky in...how long? Well, if she just looks at the light and the ground, she should be okay. After all, she's here in the NEXUS to explore. What could be more foreign than this, a place bored into the surface of the Below?
A small voice at the back of her mind tells her again that the Groundside is dangerous, that she isn't prepared, but that's swiftly squashed. Can't be any worse than the air, can it? Well, truthfully, yes. At least, having no metal upon her, Alex will avoid the fate of the last adventurer to enter here, so she keeps picking her way along, studying the rough stone walls.

Mina Kobold
2011-03-10, 03:42 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

The mechanikobold looks up as the many lenses on it's goggles focus, as if trying to penetrate the silk and stone above them.

"[A place with no ceilings... Where a ball of fire sits instead]"

Even covered in mask and armour the dreamy look is still obvious on Nach'tt's face.

((Sorry sorry sorry! I'm really sorry! Please forgive me for forgetting! >_<))

Earl of Purple
2011-03-10, 03:57 PM
((Don't worry; I've done it before.))

Temple of Dalachrech

"[Hard to believe, isn't it? But I've met people who have been there, and they most certainly aren't cavern-folk like us. They completely lacked the skills to survive down here. Although I probably lack the skills to survive up there.]" Charynrae doesn't seem too bothered by the mechanikobold's actions.

Mina Kobold
2011-03-12, 05:01 AM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

"[It is, I feel there is still much to learn, much to see. That I haven't even grazed the surface]"

The mechanikobold continues looking up for a while until finally looking back down at Charynrae, or less up as the case may be.

"[I thank you for your hospitality, but I believe the creatures below will have gone by now and I cannot wait to continue on and learn more from these higher tunnels and surfaces]"

The mechanikobold gives a short bow before slowly moving toward the entrance to the cocoon.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-12, 02:40 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[If you are sure you don't wish to learn more about Dalachrech, then feel free to leave. I will not stop you, nor will the spiders.]" Speaking of spiders, several are down there now, probably eating the various creatures that chased the kobold when he found the Temple.

Mina Kobold
2011-03-13, 03:32 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"[I do wish to learn more but I burn to learn other things first, perhaps I will pass by again one day when I have seen more.]"

The mechanikobold reply and exit the cocoon with a wave.

"[Till we meet again, Charynrae of Dalachrech]"

It then begins curiously descending towards the spiders, trusting the Drider's word but nervous that the spiders will ignore it.

Nach'tt is pretty sure an armoured Kobold with many mechanisms on it's armour would taste quite foul, though.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-13, 04:37 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Underneath

The spider's won't attack. They're either full, or feeding. One small, male spider is approaching a larger female with a six-foot-long worm; it's a bribe so she won't eat him after (or even during) mating. She doesn't seem very receptive of his gift, but they know two-legs, whether two-leg metal-tails, two-leg no-eyes, half-spiders and other such beings aren't prey unless Charynrae says they are.

Gullara
2011-03-21, 10:26 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Knock knock knock

A certain sharply dressed drow returns and rings the doorbell/knocks. He's holding something behind his back.

I'm not entirely sure what his intentions are coming here, but you can bet it has something to do with Mina.

Oh, and he's missing his glasses for some reason, but that's hardly matters.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-21, 10:59 PM
[House Irumocuri]

There are muffled voices inside, and a little shuffling before the doors open, creaking inwardly as Cyreanne peers around the corner of the frame. Lord Irumocuri, standing between seven and eight feet tall, looms at the other end of the main hall, with Jasper approaching from in front of him.

"Ah, you were the drow from the party we held, are you not?" says Jasper as he approaches, adjusting the tie of his white suit, wearing his usual smarmy smirk.

"What business do you have in the halls of the great Irumocuri Family, if I might ask?"

Cyreanne still watches curiously from behind the open door, hiding herself slightly from view.

Gullara
2011-03-21, 11:09 PM
[House Irumocuri]

A couple things worth noting. While Kirk would still register as a demon, it's not as pronounced anymore. Technically he is a demon now, but it's a subtle thing to notice. Also he smells faintly of rum. Fine dwarvish rum, but rum none the less. Finally his suit looks just a bit out of order. A contrast to his usually impeccable appearance. Oh, and his eyes are a bit bloodshot.

With the formalities out of the way... "I am. Kirk Locke to be precise. I was hoping to be able to see Mina. If it's not too much trouble that is?" There's something forced about Kirk. It's in his tone of voice, his smile, the way he stands.

He's still holding his hand behind his back.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-21, 11:27 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Noticing his odd demeanor, Jasper gets suspicious. His expression does not truly change, it simply hardens.

"What business do you have with my sister, Mr. Locke?" he says, keeping his eyes focussed on the Drow's. Though he keeps up his polite facade, there's an air of tense readiness about him.

Gullara
2011-03-21, 11:36 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Kirk's smile actually falters somewhat. "I simply wanted to meet with her again. I had been meaning to for a while now, but... hadn't been able to until now."

And the hand is still behind his back. What is he hiding anyway. I bet it's a knife, or a gun. I bet as soon as he sees Mina he's going to shoot her. The bastard.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-21, 11:44 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Jasper indicates to Kirk's hidden hand. Who knows what he was hiding back there, indeed! And he was a Drow, they are known to do this sort of thing. One minute everything is peachy, the next you were being dangled upside down by one foot into a den of giant spiders. With a knife in your back, too, if you were lucky.

"Come now, friend. Keeping secrets from the house is poor manners, is it not?"

Gullara
2011-03-21, 11:51 PM
[House Irumocuri]

"Ah, yes it is, I suppose." Kirk looks reluctant, but he does reveal what he's been hiding. Oh the horror. It's... it's...

A bouquet of flowers. Tiger lilies to be precise. They're really quite pretty.

The drow stands there, looking as awkward as a teenage boy asking a girl out for the first time. Or more accurately, a teenage boy confronting said girl's family.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-21, 11:56 PM
[House Irumocuri]

This actually manages to catch Jasper off guard. Even Lord Irumocuri himself seems to be surprised, though he's currently distracted by what is probably some sort of magical item.

"I.. see." Jasper straightens his tie, regaining composure. "Well, I suppose, in light of this new information, I might be able to allow you to see her. Still, this is a surprise."

Most didn't want anything to do with Mina, let alone wanted to give her flowers.

Gullara
2011-03-22, 12:05 AM
[House Irumocuri]

"Tha-" The drow clears his throat. "Thank you. It's appreciated." He seems to compose himself, if only slightly.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 12:16 AM
[House Irumocuri]

Jasper leads him in, indicating to Cyreanne to close the doors behind him. With a thwump, the doors press closed, and Cyreanne scampers away now that she has nowhere to hide behind.

"If you are to see her, I would suggest you clean yourself up a bit." Jasper says, indicating to a bathroom.

"Once you are finished, her room is up the staircase. Third on the left, before you ask."

Gullara
2011-03-22, 12:22 AM
[House Irumocuri]

"Right. Thank you again." Kirk says and heads into the bathroom.

He washes his face, with cold water for good measure. He's still a little hung over. He straightens up his suit and heads upstairs, hoping the smell of soap covers the smell of rum.

At the door the drow pauses. He takes a few deep breathes, holds the flowers ready, and knocks.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 12:34 AM
[House Irumocuri - Mina's Room]

The door opens, and Mina admits him in, not seeming to be surprised that he is here. Her room, he will find, is strange - on one end there is a large gramophone, slowly playing warped music, the disk bent and out of shape. Above, bits of coathangers spin, makeshift chimes dangling from the roof, some carrying odd objects like spoons and forks. Nothing seems orderly in here, but oddly, it all seems to be like that for a reason.

Mina returns to the gramophone.

"I am looking for where the music's soul is hidden. It is very clever." she tilts her head at the machine, "Love can't find the soul... but now her Sanctuary is here to show her the way..."

Gullara
2011-03-22, 12:48 AM

Kirk looks around the room curiously. He's not sure what he expected, but this seems close enough.

"Hello Mina." The drow says as he moves to stand beside her. "I brought flowers." Of course you did. They're right there in your hand.

He sighs. "Can I help you with that?"

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 12:55 AM

Mina tilts her head, looking over her shoulder at him. Her tail swishes curiously, and the blackness behind her eyes still swirls mysteriously, like whirlpools or storm clouds hidden beneath the gold.

She looks down at the flowers in his hand.

"The pride of a cat." she says, "Wealth and pride. Brightness of joy..." she takes the flowers, closing her eyes and twirling slowly, hugging them close.

Gullara
2011-03-22, 01:08 AM

Kirk smiles at her reaction to the flowers. He came here with no idea what he was doing and part of him was sure he'd regret it, but he's feeling a lot better about it now.

"I'm glad you like them."

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 01:17 AM

Mina finishes twirling, falling against Kirk's chest, looking up at him. What she saw when she looked at him was unclear to everyone but her, but it was certain that she didn't see the world like most others did. To her, everything was so strange - everything was its deeper meaning...

"Sanctuary-seeker..." she breathes, "Love's Sanctuary. My sanctuary..." she was pulled close to him, her sad eyes gazing into his.

Gullara
2011-03-22, 01:33 AM

Ah, sanctuary-seeker. Maybe that's why he came. If there is ever a time he needs sanctuary it's now. But there's more to it than that, and he knows it.

Kirk catches Mina as she falls against him, and he wraps his arms around her. He gazes back down into her eyes. "Yeah, we can be each other's sanctuary." That tension he felt when he first came slowly melts away as he stands there with Mina in his arms.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 01:41 AM

"My sanctuary had gone, and took the safety away... but it returned, and now there is a place to hide... like the music's soul!" she seems to find this last 'fact' amusing, grinning strangely.

"Maybe it found sanctuary too."

She closes her eyes, holding herself tight against him. She takes comfort in his warmth, and begins to sway them both slowly from side to side, rocking slowly. Her mind was a muddle of things she didn't understand, whispers telling her truths and lies, and things never looked the way she knew they should - but she couldn't remember why. Things were always so wrong.

Except when she was with him. The voices made way for his, and though she could never see the way he could see, she still felt safe with him nearby. It was like the clouds had faded away to reveal the blue sky - had she ever seen it to make that comparison.

Gullara
2011-03-22, 02:07 AM

"It did. I did." He says softly.

Kirk takes great comfort in this moment, swaying back and forth, holding Mina close. For a while the turmoil in him is calmed. For the first time in a long time he can take comfort in the presence of another. He can't remember the last time he felt emotionally attached to someone. Maybe it was never.

The drow closes his eyes and kisses the top of Mina's head. He lets himself get lost in the slow rhythm of their swaying.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 02:19 AM

Mina smiles, humming a lullaby to herself as they sway. Her tail moves slowly, almost in time with the melody, her ears flattening...

Swaying here, she doesn't care about any of what usually troubles her. She just wants to take comfort in him as he does in her. She opens her eyes, looking up at him.

Then, moving to her tip-toes, she kisses him.

Gullara
2011-03-22, 02:40 AM

When her lips first meet his there is hesitance. A hesitance that Kirk has never felt with a woman. This isn't a kiss for lust or pleasure. It's something profoundly different, something Kirk has never experienced before.

Following that moment of tension and hesitance, Kirk melts into Mina's arms. He pours everything into that kiss. His heart throbs faster and faster, and he wishes the moment would never end.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-22, 07:11 PM

Her kiss is passionate, her mind clear, and her eyes are alight with a fire. The woman has never felt like this before - the feelings run deeper than she can comprehend as they embrace. Her emotions flaring, she pulls away for a breath, eyes wide with realization as she gazes into his.

She finally understands! She tries to explain - tries to help him understand as she does. Why she's like this - she knows! He has helped her remember, but it's fading fast!

"Kirk... I - "

There is a knock at the door. Mina's head whips around with surprise.

"Mina." comes Alaine's voice from outside, "Checking on you." the door begins to creak slowly open...

Gullara
2011-03-22, 08:04 PM

"Mina?" Kirk is shocked to hear her say his name. He knows instantly that something has changed, and the look in her eyes alerts him that there isn't much time.

And then the knock at the door.

The drow lets go of Mina and darts toward the door. He needs to buy them just one moment. He slams his foot into the base of the door, likely snapping it shut. With his foot jammed against the door he says frantically. "Mina, what is it?"

Worst timing for an interruption ever. This could go reasonably well, or incredibly badly.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-23, 09:34 PM

Mina's eyes look downwards, darting frantically around as if trying to find her thoughts - trying to catch them before they flitted away out of her mind. The fog is returning, her thinking muddling...

She clutches her head, closing her eyes. No, they were getting away! Slipping away from her!

"I... the words, they're not there! I need to get them back - they won't come back!" she looks terrified, looking back up at the Drow as her sister hammers on the door from outside. She feels like she's drowning... falling back into that dark sea of confusion. Even as she stares at him, she finds herself unable to remember. It is as if the gap between them is widening.

"I don't remember anything." she says at last.

Gullara
2011-03-23, 09:42 PM

The drow slumps, visibly disheartened, and steps away from the door toward Mina. He completely disregards Alaine, who probably bursts in right behind him, and says, "We'll figure it out, Mina." He tries to take her hands in his.

He's going to have to have a talk with Mina's parents.

ApeofLight
2011-03-23, 10:25 PM
[Undercity-Streets]

In the streets a new discovery has been made! Some strange metal creature. It seems to have fallen down some kind of fissure or hole and has ended up here. Hmm... Wonder if anyone will try to stake claim to it.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 07:19 AM
A small collective of NPC citizens have gathered near the metal creature by the time Corvus arrives on the scene. He's currently headed homewards, but he's in no hurry. He pauses before moving over to the group, his rich red robes unfurling behind him, majestically.

"Move aside, move aside," he asks, in a calm voice, "I wish to inspect this."

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 08:57 AM
[Undercity-Streets]

Corvus finds something that looks kind of like this (http://cas.illinoisstate.edu/casnews/Portals/2/nao-robot-francais-apercu.png) but the trimming is green and the robot appears more humanoid. The NPC's part away as the feyborn makes his way towards the robot.

It doesn't seem to be broken but it doesn't seem to be working either. Corvus will probably be able to tell that it's a construct of metal but it doesn't seem to be magically powered.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 12:27 PM
[Undercity - Streets]

Well, that's unfortunate. Corvus's bare brow furrows as he examines the construct. No magic here. The only thing he gets out of his investigation is that the thing is very much inactive.

However, knowing Corvus, he'll have some associate or other that will be able to fathom how it works and, more to the point, what exactly it is. Whether it's worth anything.

"Would somebody assist me in moving this to my house? The streets are no place for it."

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 12:41 PM
[Undercity Streets]

Most of the crowd seems to have dispursed seeing as one of the nobles have stacked a claim on whatever this thing is. A few remain though and step forward, "Move it for a few coins, yeah?" one of the lingering people asks.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 08:02 PM
[Undercity - Streets]

"Of course." He had plenty of money to spare, and didn't mind letting a tiny portion of it go. The rewards could be far greater. "One more assistant?" he adds, glancing between the remaining people.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 08:12 PM
[Undecity Streets]

Another man steps forward. " Yea, me an' him will 'elp ya. " The one man nods to the other and they both go to either side of the robot. " Just say when. "

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 08:24 PM
[Undercity - Streets]

"Thank you, sirs." He nods politely, albeit coldly, before looking up and down the street. "Could anyone tell me where this construct came from, perchance?"

From his tone, there's the possibility of more coin for someone.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 08:58 PM
[Undercity Streets]

A boy from those few remaining standing around raises his hand. " I saw it fall down with a recent collapse sir. "

The two men get ready to lift the thing up and carry it.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 09:10 PM
Corvus turns his eyes upwards. So, it came from up there, did it? He frowns slightly, then looks to the boy.

He's just a kid. No money for him.

"All right. Come on and follow me," he tells his two helpers.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 09:21 PM
[Undercity Streets]

The men grunt as they lift it up and the boy looks disappointed as he gets no coins.

The men follow as quickly as they can carrying the heavy robot.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 09:32 PM
The feyborn takes a leisurely pace, so there should be little struggle to keep up. In addition, his home is only a couple of streets away - a richly-housed close that curves round the outer edge of the great stalactite that the Undercity clings to.

His abode is a fine place, four stories with an elegant red front door and smooth stone steps. The door opens in response to his stepping up, key unneeded.

"I have a study on the basement floor. Just place it there whilst I fetch you two your coin." He nods to some stairs to their right, as they enter. "And be sure not to touch anything. I will know."

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 09:46 PM
The men nod both of them red in the face. Seems the thing is pretty heavy. So to relieve their burden they quickly go to put the robot in the basement.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 09:57 PM
The basement is relatively bare, but far from plain. It's well-cared for and practical, with a variety of benches and a good few bookcases. The hallway had plenty of books too. One imagines this man likes reading.

Corvus quickly joins them in the basement, a small purse in hand, and offers the both of them a few gold pieces for their trouble.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 10:00 PM
The men quickly take the gold and hurry out. Better leave before he changes his mind and turn them into slaves or something.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 10:09 PM
Ah, well there's no need to worry there. Despite his exploitations, Corvus is a man of his word. He sees them to the door and watches them hustle away, pleased with proceedings.

"I shall have to ask after someone about this," he murmurs, to himself.

Though perhaps he had a book on the subject. He library was rather extensive, after all. He'd have a look see sometime this evening. There was no real hurry. Still, he should like to keep the construct under surveillance, should it awaken. A binding ward about where it's lying should suffice, he thinks.

He returns to the basement, and begins tracing a few bright runes about the floor, whilst looking closer at any more that can be told about the robot from the outside.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 10:17 PM
As Corvus walks about drawing and preparing to get a binding circle in place he might notice something.

What would that something be?

It looks like a button on the back of it's neck part right below one of the armor plating pieces.

<.<

>.>

Toooouch it....

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 10:21 PM
He has sharp eyes, that Corvus. He does indeed notice the button, but his impulse is not to press it. He's not so curious as that.

"Hmm."

It's his decision to finish the binding spell before pressing this mystery switch. After the marked area flares bright and then fades, he presses a tentative finger into the gap and presses the button.

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 10:40 PM
After pressing the button the robot starts to gently hum to life. Lights start to blink, gears start to whirl, and cogs start to move while speakers start to crackle.

The robots eyes light up with green light and the speaker that is used to synthesize it's voice. " Rebooting... Rebooting... Analyzing situation... " It tries to stand up and start looking around.

Baeleck
2011-03-24, 10:44 PM
Standing up may be something of a problem, given the ward. It's seemingly impossible to move, unless the robot has some way of bypassing magical effects.

With a small smile, Corvus leans over into the construct's line of sight. Maybe he wouldn't need any assistance after all. He narrows his eyes, thoughtful.

"Identify yourself."

ApeofLight
2011-03-24, 11:20 PM
" Mobility is restricted. Analyzing... Unit seems to be restricted by magical means. Analyzing... This unit seems to be captured by some unknown person. This unit is a Rato Robot Model five five six two. Designation known as Zeta Omicron Epsilon. What is the designation of this unit's captor? " The robot asks trying to move in any way shape or form.

Baeleck
2011-03-25, 06:18 AM
"My name is Corvus, and I assure you I mean you no harm. But I'm going to have to restrain you for a while longer, while I ask you a few questions."

The ward allows very slight movement - enough for the construct's joints to rattle, but there'll most likely be no getting up until Corvus dispels it.

"They tell me you fell down from the surface," he continues. "Tell me, Zeta Omicron Epsilon, whereabouts have you ventured from?"

ApeofLight
2011-03-25, 11:08 AM
Zeta Omicron Epsilon's eyes blink turning on and off quickly. " This unit needs to perform a full diagnostic of it's systems. This unit will answer Corvus' questions so that it may be able to perform full diagnostic. " It seems that the robot has decided to go along for now.

" Accessing memory... This unit was trying to understand the atheistic pleasure in the forests of Outside. This unit detected tectonic instability followed by tremors in the ground. This unit then [Information Missing] and woke up here. " The talk in brackets has a completely different voice then what else Zeta says. The robots eyes blink on and off again. " Odd. This units memory core seems to have been damaged. "

Darklord Bright
2011-03-25, 08:11 PM

The drow slumps, visibly disheartened, and steps away from the door toward Mina. He completely disregards Alaine, who probably bursts in right behind him, and says, "We'll figure it out, Mina." He tries to take her hands in his.

He's going to have to have a talk with Mina's parents.

Alaine finally busts into the room, absolutely livid. She's not sure what's going on, but even disregarding the fact that Mina seems to be in good shape, absolutely anything could have been going on just now, and Kirk was being the epitome of suspicious.

And so, Kirk gets a nice good punch swung at his face, if only for scaring the bejeezers out of her.

Gullara
2011-03-25, 08:20 PM

Oh right, she's that sister. >.>

Kirk starts to react, but too slow. He goes down hard, felled by the no doubt strong blow.

He props himself up on one elbow and feels his teeth with his tongue. Couple lose ones. "That wasn't necessary."

Darklord Bright
2011-03-25, 08:26 PM

Alaine frowns down at him, cracking her knuckles. Punching people in the face hurts your hand too, people!

"Mina is my sister. Ever pull anything like that again, and I will show you unnecessary force." oh dear, she's not happy, "Explain yourself."

Meanwhile, Mina is still reeling a little from the confusion of the past several minutes, looking confused and worried.

Gullara
2011-03-25, 08:34 PM

"I have absolutely no intention of ever hurting your sister, you have to believe me." Kirk says. Perhaps the most honest statement he's ever made in his life.

"I'd prefer to discuss this with your parents as well." The drow picks himself off the ground. He gives Mina a weak smile before returning his attention to Alaine.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-25, 09:19 PM

Alaine stares angrily at him for a few moments, then turns. He seems sincere enough, damn him. Alaine is a little complicated.

"Better be important." she says, leading them out of the room. She keeps an eye on Kirk almost perpetually, however, with her over-the-shoulder glances.

Mina clings to Kirk's arm as they walk, looking around sadly.

Gullara
2011-03-25, 09:33 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Kirk follows in silence. He's trying to figure out what exactly he's going to say to Mina's parents. Safe to say he's drawing a blank. He's still having trouble figuring out what exactly is going on, unsurprisingly.

Artemis97
2011-03-25, 10:02 PM
[Undercity - Streets]

A man wanders the streets of the city. He'd been dubbed 'batty' for the pair of wings that sprouted from his back. His clothes were made up of rags, salvaged from a dozen places, patched with scraps of what looked to be leather or hide.

Baeleck
2011-03-25, 10:22 PM
Zeta Omicron Epsilon's eyes blink turning on and off quickly. " This unit needs to perform a full diagnostic of it's systems. This unit will answer Corvus' questions so that it may be able to perform full diagnostic. " It seems that the robot has decided to go along for now.

" Accessing memory... This unit was trying to understand the atheistic pleasure in the forests of Outside. This unit detected tectonic instability followed by tremors in the ground. This unit then [Information Missing] and woke up here. " The talk in brackets has a completely different voice then what else Zeta says. The robots eyes blink on and off again. " Odd. This units memory core seems to have been damaged. "

[Basement]

"I believe the fall de-activated you. I'm not surprised, either... it's a fair way down from the surface to here."

The man continues to ponder. Zeta seems harmless enough. But still, a few more questions.

"I expect there might be someone looking for you back on the surface?"

ApeofLight
2011-03-25, 10:33 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

Zeta makes a small shake of his head, as much as is allowed by the binding spell. " Unlikely. This unit is free to move and go as it pleases. Dr.Rato might be wondering where this unit is but he can just locate this unit through a tracking device installed in this unit. " The robot tries to look around. " This unit is made to endure falls and battles. This unit's activation switch should not have been hit as it fell. "

Baeleck
2011-03-25, 10:42 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

Curious. Corvus begins pacing around the other side of Zeta, extending a hand and easing the strength from the warding spell. The construct will be able to look around properly now, as well as move into a more comfortable sitting position. That is, if comfort is of any merit to Zeta, which is unlikely.

"Are you suggesting you may have been sabotaged?" Corvus asks. He hopes this is the case, and that the chip has been removed. There would likely be a reward for Zeta's return, if that were the case. Which brings him onto another question: "Who is this... Dr. Rato, if I might ask?"

ApeofLight
2011-03-25, 10:48 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

" Sabotage is possible though unlikely. A more likely scenario is when falling this unit's armor plating caught on a rock moving it out of place and then the button being pressed as this unit continued to fall. " Zeta moves and stands up once the spell has been eased. It then tries to move through it's full range of motion if allowed by the spell now.

Zeta then turns to look at Corvus. " It is this unit's creator. Was that not obvious? "

Baeleck
2011-03-25, 10:53 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

The ward wears off in its entirety, and Zeta is free to move all about the room. Corvus makes sure to watch him closely, though.

"I would have assumed that to be the case... but I don't like to assume." The feyborn is very good at making sure he has his facts straight. It's helpful to know for certain as much as possible. "What is this Dr. Rato like?"

ApeofLight
2011-03-25, 11:05 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

Zeta goes through a full range of motion for all of it's limbs. " Dr.Rato is a old man. Smart and kind and is a human as well. He is a scientist who has great aptitude for mechanics and virtual intelligence. Is there anything else you wish to know about Dr.Rato? " The robot asks.

Darklord Bright
2011-03-26, 06:26 PM
[House Irumocuri]

Aliane leads them to the main room again, moving past a quizzical Jasper, and through a pair of double doors. The hall they walk down is grand, a red carpet with golden trim leading them down an almost needlessly decorated hallway To another large door, though this one is a large metal and just as ornate as everything else.

There are murmured voices behind the door - one soft giggle - before Alaine knocks on the door and there is some hasty shuffling. After waiting a moment, Lord Irumocuri opens the door enough so that only he is visible, blocking the interior from view as he holds it open.

"What have we said about this, Alaine?" he asks in an exasperated tone, as frantic shuffling can be heard inside.

"Important." Alaine replies, indicating to Kirk and Mina with an over-the-shoulder gesture.

The Lord follows her gesture, looking at the drow, and then looks back to Alaine, his expression a slight bit more understanding. He sighs.

"Well, give us a moment." The door shuts, and another moment later, it opens fully, and the Lord Irumocuri admits the drow inside, bidding the sisters to wait on the other side of the door.

[House Irumocuri - Lord and Lady's Quarters]

Inside, the drow will find that the room is the lavish sort of room that most average people might only believe existed in dreams. Paintings, unnecessary silk curtains, furniture rimmed with gold...

The Lord Irumocuri returns to a seat next to a black-haired human woman who, though young and lively looking, seems to have dressed herself rather hastily. The Lord Irumocuri turns his head to her, wrapping an arm around her rather gently for a demon almost two feet taller than she.

"Honey, this is our houseguest." he says to her, with the definite tone of someone who is explaining an unforeseen interruption while outwardly pretending nothing has been interrupted.

"Um. Hello!" the woman says awkwardly, waving slightly at Kirk, "I am Lady Irumocuri, how may we be of assistance?" she asks sweetly. Wait a second, what? :smalltongue:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/572/lordandlady.png

Gullara
2011-03-26, 06:45 PM

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. I'm sorry to disturb you." Kirk begins. "I had meant to speak with you at a more convenient time, but circumstances changed."

He pauses a moment to collect his thoughts. "I want to talk to you about Mina and her... condition I suppose is the best word."

Earl of Purple
2011-03-26, 06:59 PM
Undercity- Streets

On the western edge of the city, Batty may encounter an odd structure. It is made of multiple silk cocoons, all of them anchored to the ceiling of the tunnel. The largest cocoon has a silk rope ladder descending from it, and beneath the structure is a large two-tailed scorpion mosaic made of small black marble chips glued into place with caveslug glue.

Artemis97
2011-03-26, 07:31 PM
[Undercity - Streets]

Well, that was certainly curious, or so Batty thinks. What could the mosaic symbolize? As such, he decides to investigate. Rather than use the ladder, the bat-winged elf unfurls his leather wings and stretches them out. He flaps them, and after a small false start, lifts off the ground. It wasn't often he had the opportunity to use his wings underground, and so relished the chance. It felt good to fly. He makes his way up to where the ladder leads and knocks, if there's a door.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-26, 07:47 PM
Streets, Underside- Temple of Dalachrech

There's no door, just an open hatch. Incidently, the building's lighting is provided by two-foot-long beetles with glowing spots on their back; that's both inside and outside.

Should the winged elf choose to enter the Temple, the first room is rather sparse; there's more two-tailed scorpion symbols, but these are dyed onto the walls, and also a table containing a guest book. The last person to write in it wrote in the language of dragons.

((Deadtime, sorry))

Artemis97
2011-03-26, 08:06 PM
[Undercity - Temple of Dalachrech]

Batty hesitates a moment before entering. It would be rude to enter without an invitation. However, there was no door. Surely they didn't mean to keep people out? The guestbook confirmed for him that this was not a private place. He could be here, if he wished. The elf thought to sign the book, but sighed, realizing he still could not remember his own name. 'Batty' was only a nickname. Something to call him by because he had nothing else.

((It's fine. I'm just glad to get him moving again. Thanks.))

Darklord Bright
2011-03-27, 02:36 AM

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. I'm sorry to disturb you." Kirk begins. "I had meant to speak with you at a more convenient time, but circumstances changed."

He pauses a moment to collect his thoughts. "I want to talk to you about Mina and her... condition I suppose is the best word."

They straighten up a bit at the mention, then glance worriedly to each other.

"It is complicated. Suffice it to say, were I able, I would solve it myself." the Lord says in response, "But I lack the power to affect this matter. Her mind and soul, you might have surmised, are in a certain... condition. Were I to get involved, I doubt it would matter."

He sighs.

"Let me explain. It was some time ago now, but Mina was once one of the brightest minds I've ever seen. Against my wishes, she sought to understand things far beyond the comprehension of the average being - dark things that one is not meant to understand. The tomes said 'What I saw, you could never comprehend", and she asked "Why not?". She sought after the dark things - eldritch and terrible, thinking that unlike the others, she would be able to understand them. It seemed silly to her, I suspect - the mere idea of something being incomprehensible..."

He stands, pacing over to a dresser to place his hands upon it, staring into a mirror while the Lady watches in worry. Though he has been stern, his voice carries underlying emotion, and he takes a deep breath.

"I don't know what she found, but one night she returned, and she was... broken. At times she has had moments of clarity, but they quickly pass. There are innumerable cosmic horrors at work in the fabric of the world - I doubt even she could tell me which one she had found, as strongly as I doubt that finding it would do anything but drive us both to insanity."

He looks at the drow, his expression hardening.

"And now you understand."

Gullara
2011-03-27, 02:53 AM

"There has to be something we can do. I have to be able to help her." Kirk says firmly. There's emotion behind his words, and a powerful conviction.

"This is a world of limitless potential. There has to be something, someone here that can help her."

Earl of Purple
2011-03-27, 06:00 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Some of the walls are rounded, being the edge of the cocoon. Other walls have layer upon layer of large spider webs as building material. Occasionally a random piece of debris is pushed into the walls. There's three 'exits', or at least rips through the walls which one is supposed to use to enter neighbouring rooms. Entering one of these is a drider. She has a sleek orb weaver spider's body, with an attractive drow torso mounted where the spider's face should be. Her face is really pretty, made slightly creepy/exotic by the compound eyes glittering in her eyesockets. She has long white hair, which has been braided multiple times using spider-silk thread. She is also wearing voluminous robes upon her drow torso, ones attached to several bags on her arachnid abdomen. The robes and bags are also made of spider silk, and the bags look to be filled with various things, including rope, an ornate rapier, a giant spider egg, the body of a small cave-cricket (although it's still cat-sized), a quiver of hand-crossbow bolts and other things. Around the drider's neck is a silver amulet repeating the two-tailed scorpion symbol represented in the mosaic below, silk drapes on the walls and also dyed onto the otherwise raw silk robes.

Artemis97
2011-03-27, 06:39 PM
[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty is a bit surprised by her. For a long moment he simply stares, his pink-colored eyes wide in shock. Was she another Fey? Down here, deep beneath the earth? He hadn't thought it was possible. Even if she appeared to be one of the Fey-bound, it was a promising sign. It meant there were other, greater Fey here. But would they be allies, or enemies?

Slowly, the elf remembers himself and finally finds his voice. "Forgive me if I am... intruding." He says slowly. "I was simply... curious about this place."

Earl of Purple
2011-03-27, 06:47 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Don't worry, you aren't intruding. Welcome to the Underside Temple of Dalachrech, the Lord of Invertebrates. Would you like a tour, or would you prefer to ask questions?" Charynrae sounds very helpful, and she is smiling. It enhances the attractiveness of her face, although her eyes make it exceedingly difficult to judge whether the smile is a false smile or not.

Artemis97
2011-03-27, 07:14 PM
[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty frowns. A temple? What sort of Fey would build himself a temple? Then again, this was a different place. Things may be different here. "I am not... familiar with your Lord Dalechrech. Could you tell me a bit about him?"

Baeleck
2011-03-28, 05:54 PM
[Corvus' Basement]

Zeta goes through a full range of motion for all of it's limbs. " Dr.Rato is a old man. Smart and kind and is a human as well. He is a scientist who has great aptitude for mechanics and virtual intelligence. Is there anything else you wish to know about Dr.Rato? " The robot asks.

Corvus breathes out thinly through his nose. Whilst he had gone to some effort to take this robot from the streets, there didn't seem much of a way to merit any profit of his own out of the situation. As Zeta had told him, it was free to do as it pleased, and whilst not being the most pleasant of people, Corvus wasn't about to abduct the construct.

"No. I think I should probably let you go on your way, now you're back on your feet. I see no point in keeping you here."

Earl of Purple
2011-03-28, 06:15 PM
((Sorry! I forgot about Batty's visit to the Temple of Dalachrech down here!))

Temple of Dalachrech

"Dalachrech, the Lord of Invertebrates, maintains that without Him, life would be impossible as our crops would not be fertilised, our waste would not be broken down, phytoplankton would overrun the oceans and nutrients will not be returned from the soil. This will eventually lead to the death of all creatures on the surface and, shortly after, us down here. More immediately, however, Dalachrech stops the spread of blood-bourne disease by controlling the numbers of mosquitoes in any given area and ensures good harvest by leading locust swarms away from arable farmland. He is also responsible for the destruction of wooden buildings and structures, as He could inflict termites, deathwatch beetles and furniture beetles to eat the wood and use it to either make their home or feed their young." I don't really have much on Dalachrechian theology, to be honest.

Artemis97
2011-03-28, 07:21 PM
((It's fine, Earl. Don't worry about it))

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty nods. That all made sense. "Would it be possible for me to recieve an audience with Lord Dalechrech?" The winged elf asks politely, operating under the assumption that Lord Dalechrech was another Fey.

ApeofLight
2011-03-29, 11:57 AM
Corvus breathes out thinly through his nose. Whilst he had gone to some effort to take this robot from the streets, there didn't seem much of a way to merit any profit of his own out of the situation. As Zeta had told him, it was free to do as it pleased, and whilst not being the most pleasant of people, Corvus wasn't about to abduct the construct.

"No. I think I should probably let you go on your way, now you're back on your feet. I see no point in keeping you here."

Zeta nods. " Thank you sir, I will make sure to store this event in my memory core for future reference. " Wait... did the robot just say he owed him one in robot speak?

Earl of Purple
2011-03-29, 04:47 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Not with His physical body, no. I am, however, about to lead a prayer session to Dalachrech; if you join us in that, He might commune with you and answer your questions." That might make Batty realise that Dalachrech is not a Fey; I don't know, as I am unaware of how Fey in Batty's world act and there's many different ways they act in fantasy, folklore and story those sources are effectively useless, or nearly so. Take hobgoblins, for example.

Artemis97
2011-03-29, 06:28 PM
[Temple of Dalechrech]

Now Batty was confused. Fey didn't commune with people. While, perhaps not beyond their abilities, it simply wasn't necessary. Strangely, in his worlds, gods didn't commune with people either. At least, not to his knowledge.

Still, the winged elf was curious. "If you do not mind my observing, I would be glad to attend. Thank you."

Earl of Purple
2011-03-29, 06:45 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Of course you may. Please, follow me." Charynrae will walk off, through the rip in the web-wall. On the other side is another section of the cocoon with one sloping wall and three straight ones formed from layered spider webs. The room has two rows of pews, some adapted for humanoid use, others for those with tails or wings or of completely non-humanoid anatomy. The ones for humanoids have the least people in, and Batty may recognise that the worshippers down here seem to be mostly ettercaps, drider, rogue drow and chuul (I don't know how they got up the rope ladder either), but there's some svirfneblin, goblins, duergar, grimlocks and other troglodytic species as well. The walls are decorated with more depictions of the two-tailed scorpion symbol and images of invertebrates, plus the large glowing beetles and spiders. At the end of the aisle is an altar made of stone draped with more silk (it's ridiculously easy to get here; Charynrae breeds giant spiders). Resting on the altar is a solid gold idol depicting a centipede-like creature with three scorpion tails, praying mantis claws, a stag beetle's head and four pairs of beetle elytrum. Charynrae will, when she is standing behind the altar, begin chanting in Abyssal, followed by the worshippers adding their voices to the chant.

(What power level using Neon's method is Batty, approximately?)

Artemis97
2011-03-29, 07:23 PM
((If I had to put a level on it... B or A, he's a fairly powerful magical creature. That said, he's rather lost, and doesn't quite remember who or what he is. Brain's a bit addled. I tend to scale my characters to the situation, anyways.))

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty follows Charynrae into the next room and takes a place in the back of the room where he can watch and stay out of the way. The statue, while strange and fantastical, did not strike the elf as particularly sinister. Insects, whatever their forms, played an important role in any ecosystem. However, when she began the chant, a shiver went up his spine. He couldn't understand the language, but he knew something about it was terribly wrong. Some primal fear told him to flee, but propriety deemed he should stay. Conflicted, the fey remained in his seat.

Baeleck
2011-03-29, 07:25 PM
Zeta nods. " Thank you sir, I will make sure to store this event in my memory core for future reference. " Wait... did the robot just say he owed him one in robot speak?
[Corvus' Basement]

It's a little hard to tell, Corvus thinks. But he likes to think so. He gives a small nod and leads Zeta up from the basement to the front door.

ApeofLight
2011-03-30, 08:49 AM
[Coruvus' House]

Once at the door Zeta turns again to Coruvus and gives a small bow, more of a nod of the head but still. " Thank you again sir, farewell. " The robot says before stepping out and onto the streets.

Earl of Purple
2011-03-30, 05:34 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

When the chant has been completed, Charynrae starts to speak in Undercommon, the underground version of the language spoken on the surface. She is calling on the masses to spread the word of Dalachrech, try not to kill any invertebrate unnecessarily and also asking them to give money to the poor, refrain from overindulgence in any thing and also to respect those older than themselves. After that there's another prayer in Abyssal and a silk basket is handed around into which money is put. The money will later be given to the poor, as will the basket. If the Temple needs money, they sell spider-silk rope or clothing. That's pretty much the entirety of the service.

((Thank you; I have had issues with high-powered characters getting the standard vision so now I ask))

Darklord Bright
2011-03-31, 07:42 PM

"There has to be something we can do. I have to be able to help her." Kirk says firmly. There's emotion behind his words, and a powerful conviction.

"This is a world of limitless potential. There has to be something, someone here that can help her."

"If there is anything, I have not found it. Admittedly, it has not been my primary concern over the House itself, and the many things I have been required to be part of on more planes than one - and there are other family troubles as well as this. I have done what I could do to understand what had happened to her in the first place, and even that took much time."

He sits back down with his wife, who puts a comforting arm around him.

"If you believe you are able to do something, I cannot stop you - but I apologize that I am not confident in your success in this when I myself was unable to discover anything beyond the nature of what had happened."

Recaiden
2011-03-31, 07:57 PM
[Undercity - Gates]

To the city, in one of its further tunnels, comes walking a topsider, creeping carefully along, more worried by this apparent order and structure where once there had been only tunnel.
Her clothes, what can be seen, feature a great deal of feathers, and a pair of goggles are perched on her forehead - they do nothing, after all.

Gullara
2011-03-31, 08:09 PM

Kirk takes off his hat and runs his hand through his hair. "Right. Well, I have to help her. And I will, despite your misgivings." The drow frowns deeply, no that he knows how to help her.

ApeofLight
2011-03-31, 08:29 PM
[Undercity-Streets]

Zeta Omicron Epsilon starts to wander the streets, observing and watching. He takes in what everyone is doing and internalizes it and tries to comprehend and understand as he wanders down one path after another.

TechnoScrabble
2011-04-04, 04:37 PM
Tunnels

A trio of gene shaper giant scorpions pop out of a newly dug hole to the surface and into one of the tunnels leading to Underside. Leading them is a consumer with an acid-borer. They look about,t hen make their way towards the city.

Undercity-Alley
Davitte waits for Shy'anni and the thugs to react.

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 05:35 PM
[Undercity Streets]

Tebtranlyn the drow assassin makes his way here. He slips into one of the alleys that the buildings provide and takes out the compact communicator that he has. " Sornnolu. " The assassin says conjuring a mental image of his cousin in his mind to contact him.

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 05:38 PM
[Undercity Streets]

The drow mage's face appears on the communicator's screen. "Tebtranlyn. Have you found the information I asked you to?"

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 05:45 PM
[Undercity Streets]

The assassin nods to Sornnolu. " Yes, and I am here in the Undercity as you asked. "

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 05:57 PM
[Undercity Streets]

"Good. Stand still a moment." Sornnolu orders before the communicator goes blank. A moment later, a wide shimmering doorway opens along one wall of the alley. From the portal a narrow, scaley snout emerges, soon followed by the rest of a giant riding lizard in full House Xar'Cha rainment. Sornnolu sits atop it, dressed in rich robes of blue and gold silk, overlayed by the thin black cloth of a fine piwafwi cloak. Gloved hands tug on the reins, bringing the beast to a stop. "Well met, cousin."

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 06:08 PM
[Undercity Streets]

If Teb is surprised he doesn't show it. He simply puts the communicator away and gives a slight bow of the head to his elder cousin. " Well met, Sornnolu. Do you wish for me to tell you now who is still running Inside? " The assassin questions from his lower position. Why didn't Teb get a cool lizard?

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 06:13 PM
[Undercity Streets]

"That is what I asked you to do." Sonnolu replies, frowning a bit. "What have you learned?" He asks, turning his mount to leave the alley.

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 06:28 PM
[Undercity Streets]

Teb nods and follows the lizard riding drow out of the alley." It seems the police and military force of the Empire are in control. They are led by the Mortal Coil which is a special task force of sorts. Oddly enough they are calling themselves Remnant and I suspect Remnant will keep control of the city of Inside under the leadership of a woman named Vasquez. " The assassin says making sure to keep stride with his cousin. Why was the elder drow riding that thing anyways? Was Sonnolu's feet not good enough for him? Whatever it is it does not make Teb happy.

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 06:37 PM
[Underside Streets]

"And I presume you know where to find her?" The mage says next. "Climb up." Sornnolu tells him, once they were out on the broader street.

ApeofLight
2011-04-12, 06:43 PM
[Undercity]

The drow nods and hops aboard. " Yes, though it might be best to wait a while longer. Word is they are busy with... other invaders. " Teb says trying to settle into the saddle.

Artemis97
2011-04-12, 10:45 PM
[Undercity]

"And that is precisely why we need to reach out to them now." Sornnolu cracks the reins, sending the lizard into a gallop and into the tunnels that lead out of the city and to the surface.

iElf
2011-04-21, 02:32 PM
Tunnels under inside---> undercity

Din waits on her new partner, waiting for her to follow her down from the sewers

Beans
2011-04-21, 02:37 PM
[Undercity]
Thruaill follows, her darkvision aiding her.

iElf
2011-04-21, 02:43 PM
tunnels to undercity
Din begins walking towards the underground metropolis "...ok...we need to get our roles straight...you're my mistress, and I'm your slave you want to sell to some cultists , because you heard the price was good"

Beans
2011-04-21, 02:57 PM
[Undercity]
Thruaill nods.
Alright... got some cuffs, collar, something like that?

iElf
2011-04-21, 03:03 PM
Din conjures a collar , a leash , and some arm shackles "...here. take these "

Beans
2011-04-21, 03:04 PM
[Underside]
She'll put them on Din, trying to make them tight enough but not uncomfortably so.

iElf
2011-04-21, 03:06 PM
Din nods "tear up my clothes a little too...these look far to good for a slave" she puts some dirt onto her clothes too

Beans
2011-04-21, 03:08 PM
[Undercity]
She gets out a pocketknife and messes up Din's clothes a bit, especially fraying the edges.

She messes her hair up as well, getting dirt in that too.
Anything else?

iElf
2011-04-21, 03:15 PM
[Undercity]
She gets out a pocketknife and messes up Din's clothes a bit, especially fraying the edges.

She messes her hair up as well, getting dirt in that too.
Anything else?

Din nods "just try to be as uncaring about me as possible. hit me if I lag behind, that kind of stuff..."

Beans
2011-04-21, 03:19 PM
[Undercity]
She nods.
Alrighty then. She grins.

iElf
2011-04-21, 03:23 PM
Din nods, and they slowly reach the gates of undercity. Din walks a few steps behind Thuaill "look around for a guard...or someone that can show us around"

Beans
2011-04-21, 05:52 PM
Thruaill does indeed look for a guardy.

iElf
2011-04-21, 06:11 PM
Din quickly casts a spell to disguise her appearance...she pretty much looks like summer now "someone could recognise me...I think we're close

Beans
2011-04-21, 06:13 PM
[Undercity]
Thruaill lightly thwaps the back of her head.
Shut up.
She gives her a quick grin. Acting! :3

iElf
2011-04-21, 06:17 PM
Din looks down "...sorry mistress...." they probably will be approaching the temple by now

Beans
2011-04-21, 06:22 PM
[Undercity > Temple]
She keeps walking toward the temple, grumbling under her breath about meh mumble grumble stupid slaves they're stupid and annoying and stupid.

iElf
2011-04-21, 06:32 PM
Din looks at the ground, swishing her new tail to each side now as they arrive at the temple !

Earl of Purple
2011-04-21, 06:44 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Outside

The Temple can be difficult to locate. It consists of a large group of silk cocoons suspended from the ceiling of a large tunnel; the one way up is a silk rope ladder leading to the largest cocoon, and dangling over a large two-tailed scorpion shaped mosaic on the tunnel floor. The structure and general area is lit quite well by beetles with two glowing spots on their thorax.

Beans
2011-04-21, 06:52 PM
[Temple - Outside]
The undead psion goads her captive on toward the cocoon cluster.

iElf
2011-04-21, 06:53 PM
Din groans "...do you have to sell me mistress?"

Earl of Purple
2011-04-21, 07:00 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Beneath

The cocoons look to make a sizeable structure. The smallest is the size of a decent-sized one car garage, the largest possibly a small two-storey house (ground floor and one other, due to confusing terminology across the globe). But to get there, a long silk rope ladder must be climbed. In fact, the sheer amount of silk either suggests a rich person, or somebody with easy access to silk; possibly even both, given the potential value of silk clothing, rope and other silken products.

Beans
2011-04-21, 07:02 PM
[Temple - Outside]
Thruaill sighs.
Get your ass up that rope. I'm selling you and that's final.

iElf
2011-04-21, 07:03 PM
Din grumbles, and will start climbing a rope ladder is she can find one

Earl of Purple
2011-04-21, 07:11 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Up The Ladder

The ladder does not attempt to hide by any means, merely dangling where it can be seen clearly by one trying to find it. Unless they have difficulties with the admittedly poor lighting. It is a very long rope, and will take a while to climb.

Beans
2011-04-21, 07:17 PM
[Temple - Ladder]
Thruaill starts up after her; her darkvision helps her see.

iElf
2011-04-21, 07:18 PM
Din will do her best to climb up to the top without falling off

Earl of Purple
2011-04-21, 07:26 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Up the Rope Ladder

Climbing it should be possible; at least, the ladder itself does nothing to make climbing it excessively difficult.

At the top, there is a large, spacious chamber with soft, silky walls, floor and ceiling. The only furnishings are a bronze two-tailed scorpion two feet long sewn into the wall and a small table with a large book and a pen resting on it. Three small rips in the silk walls mark ways in and out.

Beans
2011-04-21, 07:29 PM
[Temple - Up The Ladder]
Thruaill tries to shove Din up the ladder and come up herself.

iElf
2011-04-22, 10:55 AM
[Temple - Up The Ladder]
Thruaill tries to shove Din up the ladder and come up herself.

Din eeps "I can climb myself mistress!" she will reach the top, and wait for Thruaill"

Beans
2011-04-22, 10:57 AM
[Temple - Ladder]
Thruaill follows her.

((Though until Earl comes back on there's little to do...))

Morty
2011-04-22, 02:49 PM
[Elevator]

Reelshka and Brinika will lead the little girl entourage to a large stone construction with a wooden door. Next to it stand two adult goblins. One of them is a lanky, tired-looking male goblin and the other is a small, portly woman. Brinika squeals happily and runs to hug her parents.

The Bushranger
2011-04-22, 03:00 PM
Elevator

Jamie smiles at Brinika's parents, leading the rest of the LGS behind her.

Morty
2011-04-22, 03:03 PM
[Elevator]

Reelshka waves everyone goodbye and leaves hurriedly.
Brinika's mother smiles at the girls... all of whom are at least as tall as she is. You must be the girls from the campsite, she says in an accented Convenient Common. Brinika told us a lot about you.

The Bushranger
2011-04-22, 03:07 PM
Elevator

Jamie smiles at Brinika's mother, and curtseys formally.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I'm Jamie - Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid."
Straightening up, she motions to her companions, one by one.
"Holly, Abigail, Natalie, Sarah, Saera."

Morty
2011-04-22, 03:12 PM
[Elevator]

It's great to meet you. This time, Brinika's dad speaks up. Now come with us. There's an elvator here that'll take us down to the colony.

The Bushranger
2011-04-22, 03:48 PM
Elevator

Jamie nods, smiling, and leads the way into the elevator.

Hyozo
2011-04-22, 07:49 PM
[elevator]

Holly follows Jamie into the elevator, looking excited at seeing the goblins' home.

horngeek
2011-04-22, 08:20 PM
Abigail follows!

...how big are the tunnels, anyway?

The Bushranger
2011-04-22, 09:45 PM
Elevator

Well, right now they're in the elevator on the way to the tunnels. :smalltongue:

"They seem like nice people," she says quietly to her friends.

Murkus
2011-04-23, 12:40 AM
Elevator

"Yeah." Sarah looks mirthful. And quite excited to be here. "It's too bad Brinika doesn't get to see them much."

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 12:43 AM
Elevator

Jamie nods.
"I can't wait to see what the place looks like!" she declares. Trying to remember what Kevin taught her about rocks.

Murkus
2011-04-23, 01:42 AM
Elevator

"Oughta be pretty cool." Sarah says. Of course, she wouldn't know anyway.

In other news, I forgot to subscribe to this thread. >.<

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 01:52 AM
Elevator

I set my settings to subscribe to whatever I post in, maybe that would help?

Jamie, meanwhile, simply nods in agreement!

Morty
2011-04-23, 08:18 AM
[Elevator]

As the LGS steps into the elevator, they'll find out it's fairly big, enough to accomodate for a group larger than theirs and tall enough for even adult humans. It's not particularily well-lit, however, since goblins don't need much light. As soon as everyone is inside, Brinika's father nods to one of the two goblins standing quietly in the corners and they each pull a large lever that's next to them. Turning of wheels and gears can be heard as well as a distant sound of splashing of large amounts of water. With a creak, the elevator begins to descend, slowly.

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 05:01 PM
Elevator

"This is pretty nifty," Jamie observes, regarding the elevator apparatus.

Rae Artemi
2011-04-23, 08:41 PM
[Elevator]

In the dim light, it's probably noticeable now that Seara glows, just a little bit. It's an angel thing. She, meanwhile, is sticking close to Jamie and looking around at everything curiously.

Murkus
2011-04-23, 08:41 PM
[Elevator]

Sarah jumps a little as the elevator creaks, looking yet more enthusiastic as it begins to descend. This whole affair, the really short people, living underground... it's all very fascinating to her.

She leans towards Jamie and Saera, saying quietly, "D'you think they have worms as pets or something?"

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 09:08 PM
"Dunno. Maybe you should ask them?" Jamie whispers back.

Murkus
2011-04-23, 09:10 PM
Sarah decides to speak up, saying to the goblins, "Hey, what sorta pets do you guys keep? Do you have bugs and moles n' stuff?"

Though I don't know if I'll be undeadtimed when Morty is tomorrow, unfortunately. >.<

Rae Artemi
2011-04-23, 09:26 PM
[Elevator]

"Moles would make good pets, but why would you think they'd have tiny little worms and bugs?" Saera asks Sarah, quiet enough that the goblins shouldn't be able to hear.

Murkus
2011-04-23, 09:45 PM
[Elevator]

"Who said anything about tiny? Could be really big worms, down here."

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 09:47 PM
Jamie...

...looks a bit disconcerted by that.

"Well...maybe."

Rae Artemi
2011-04-23, 09:47 PM
[Outside]

"Now that's just silly," says Saera, the girl who has never met a mundane animal...

Murkus
2011-04-23, 09:55 PM
[Elevator]

"You never know. Could be all sorts of huge bugs down here." Sarah grins, imagining the possibilities. Of course, she'd probably get a bit grossed out too, if she were to actually see such things .

Rae Artemi
2011-04-23, 10:15 PM
[Elevator]

While Saera, also thinking about it, sticks out her tongue because of ickiness. "That would be weeeeiiiird!" She says.

horngeek
2011-04-23, 10:17 PM
"What, you really want to get close to a giant bug?"

The Bushranger
2011-04-23, 10:17 PM
Elevator

Especially if they had to learn how to eat fried worms!

"I'm more interested in the minerals and rocks," Jamie declares.

Morty
2011-04-24, 09:37 AM
[Elevator]

We don't have worms as pets, Brinika explains. We have molerats and rats and wolves and spiders!

The Bushranger
2011-04-24, 02:19 PM
Rats and spiders don't seem to fill Jamie with excitement.
Wolves, though...they're just big foxes, right? :smalltongue:
"That sounds cool!"

Morty
2011-04-24, 02:29 PM
[Elevator]

I know! Brinika beams. At the same time, the elevator stops and the door opens. It leads to a wide tunnel leading into a much more well-lit cave, it seems.

The Bushranger
2011-04-24, 02:55 PM
Elevator

Jamie smiles, and allows Brinika and her family to lead the way! Before assuming her lead of the remainder of the LGS.

iElf
2011-04-24, 04:55 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Din in her neko disguise will help Thruaill up into the web when she reaches the top

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 05:00 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Hall

A spider scuttles off through a rip in one of the walls. It's quite small for a giant spider; it might be slightly larger than a domestic cat, but only slightly. There's another rip like the one the spider darted through in another of the walls, and it is dark through both rips.

Beans
2011-04-24, 05:05 PM
[Temple - Entrance Hall]
Thruaill pulls neko-Din through the rip, or at least tries to.

iElf
2011-04-24, 05:07 PM
[Temple - Entrance Hall]
Thruaill pulls neko-Din through the rip, or at least tries to.

Din will be pulled easily "mistress, are you sure you're going the right way?"

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 05:09 PM
((Are they following the spider, or going through the other rip/door?))

Entrance Area

The rip is rather large, and the silk lining it is especially stretchy to deal with beings of greater bulk than one catgirl and a walking corpse. It's also rather soft; surprisingly so, for what is surely a doorway.

Beans
2011-04-24, 05:13 PM
[Temple - Entrance]
She follows the spidey, ignoring Din's protests.

iElf
2011-04-24, 05:14 PM
Din sighs, and follows, trying not to fall behind and be dragged by the leash

Murkus
2011-04-24, 05:23 PM
Elevator

Sarah nods in agreement and starts out of the elevator.

((It should be noted: as my deadtime schedule is poorly compatible some of the time, you guys can feel free to just drag Sarah along whenever.))

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 05:28 PM
Hermitage of Dalachrech- Charynrae's Breeding Pens

The spider runs up to an attractive female drider. She looks quite young, with white hair cascading down her back and black drow-skin running seamlessly into a wolf spider's body and clad in raw silk robes adapted for her semi-arachnid frame. When the spider reaches her, it climbs her legs onto her abdomen, and the drider turns around to look at it. Din or Thruaill might notice that, unusually, this drider has compound eyes. They don't really detract from her appearance, however. "Oh, guests. You are the two my darling Lolth's Loss mentioned, aren't you? Yes, you match the description. Might I enquire as to what you are here for?"

Incidently, the room might be somewhat threatening. There are several cocoons on the floor, and more suspended from the ceiling. Not all of them are cocooned corpses, though the feet sticking out of one nearby suggest that some are. Others are crawling in tiny spiderlings, maybe half the size of the spider they followed here, and some are filled with spider eggs the size of footballs/soccerballs. Standing on some of the egg-filled cocoons are spiders, generally pony-sized or larger, all female judging by the size. Din might realise the spiders are extremely similar to those kept in some temples to Lolth.

Beans
2011-04-24, 05:37 PM
[Temple/Hermitage - Breeding Pens]
I'm here to sell this little dearie.

iElf
2011-04-24, 05:40 PM
Din eeps, looking nervously at the cocoons in the room...

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 05:48 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Charynrae's Breeding Pens

"I only accept the most aesthetically pleasing. Allow me to have a closer look." Charynrae stalks closer, the young spider riding on her abdomen. "Does the name Din mean anything to you? What about HALO?" Charynrae runs her eyes over Din's form. None of the cocoons seem to move, at least, not the ones that definately aren't a mass of baby spiders. Which is probably good; it means the spiders don't get live food. Or maybe the live food is paralysed...

Is the disguise of the same person Charynrae briefly owned?

Beans
2011-04-24, 05:51 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
Din? I don't remember hearing that name... as for HALO, I know they're a bunch of do-gooders that sit around in an underwater base and do basically nothing, right? The undead psion shrugs.

iElf
2011-04-24, 05:53 PM
Din shakes her head "no ma'am..."

the disguise is summer, a catgirl who lives at HALO most of the time, but is not a member. she has never been in underside before. the girl who was here before was aemi

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 06:07 PM

"Will you accept three hundred and fifty feet of silk rope for her?" Charynrae's willing to barter slightly, and it's quite obvious by her tone that a bit more could easily be spared should Thruaill wish to make a better offer.

Beans
2011-04-24, 06:18 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
I'd think a neko as cute as this could at least equal three sixty-five feet. She shrugs.

iElf
2011-04-24, 06:25 PM
Din looks terrified and cute, as per plan

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 06:27 PM

"I think you might be right. Noamuth, fetch me silk rope." One of the larger spiders chitters and elegantly scuttles off. When it returns, it is carefully carrying some silk rope in its mandibles. Charynrae, the drider, takes this and measures out three hundred and sixty five feet before taking a dagger out of her robes somewhere and cutting it, albeit with difficulty. Charynrae then holds out both of her hands, one with the rope in and the other for Din's lead.

Beans
2011-04-24, 06:29 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
Thruaill nods, giving neko-Din a peck on the forehead and handing her lead to the drider as she reaches for the rope.

iElf
2011-04-24, 06:37 PM
Din quickly wispers to Thruaill ".please...don't leave the area"she then goes to stand by her new mistress

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 06:41 PM

"Excellent doing business with you. If ever you come across another of these, please think of me. Actually, I don't suppose you could tell me what she is could you?" Charynrae is mainly ignoring Din, although the spider on her abdomen is looking at her curiously.

Beans
2011-04-24, 06:45 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
She's a neko, also known as a catperson. The undead psion smiles with bleached, seldom-used teeth.

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 06:58 PM

"Neck-Koe. Thank you; I have never visited the surface, and most of the odd races dwell up there. Would you be interested in learning more about Dalachrech, the Lord of Invertebrates?" Charynrae reaches out to stroke one of Din's ears.

iElf
2011-04-24, 06:59 PM
Din will purr a little, maybe out of reflex

Beans
2011-04-24, 07:01 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
Mmm... well, I am a bit interested. Especially in your... spidery nature, that's very intriguing.

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 07:10 PM

"Well, there's a surmon starting soon, should you wish to observe it. As for my nature, I am a drider; a drow who failed one of Lolth's tests. This form is intended to be punishment, but Dalachrech taught me that this form is superior to my old one." Charynrae, detecting the purring and assuming it's a sign of pleasure, continues.

Beans
2011-04-24, 07:18 PM
[Temple - Breeding Pens]
Oh, I'd love to hear it...

And as for your form, I'd have to agree---it is superior.

iElf
2011-04-24, 07:38 PM
Din is silent, wandering what will happen to her

Earl of Purple
2011-04-24, 07:52 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- To the Altar Room

Charynrae will leave through the rip in the wall, motioning for Thruaill to follow. Din gets pulled by the lead. Charynrae will walk to the other rip in the Entrance Hall and go through that, again motioning for Thruaill to follow and pulling Din. On the other side is a large chamber with wooden pews elaborately carved with insectile shapes; the pews are shaped unusually, though from the few here already the congregation tend towards the non-humanoid. Sitting near the back are three umber hulks, and nine ettercaps can be seen elsewhere. Four drider are also present, and two drow. A grimlock sits on its own on an end, the closest being an umber hulk. Two dwarves stare hostilely, but not aggressively, at three duergar, and four svirfneblin sit right at the front. Entering last, from an elevator nearby, is a lobsterlike chuul.

Beans
2011-04-24, 07:59 PM
[Temple - Altar Room]
The undead psion follows, looking at all the varied congregants.

Morty
2011-04-25, 05:54 AM
[Elevator ==> Visitor's Square]

Brinika happily takes the lead with her family. Once the LGS reaches the end of the tunnel, they'll find themselves looking at a huge, dome-shaped cave the walls of which are riddled with similar tunnels. In the middle of a cave there's an enormous stalagmite supporting an intricate network of bridges, catwalks, ropes and chains stretching over the cave. There are several buildings, either made of wood and metal or cut out from the rock, there as well and an enormous number of huts, market stalls and tables.
In between all this there's a throng of people. Mostly goblins, but also other races - humans, elves, halflings, orcs... even some dwarves, who stick to themselves and move quickly followed by withering glares by the resident goblins. Here and there the LGS will spot tall, wiry creatures with skin the color of obsidian and glowing, red eyes. Finally, a good amount of rats, moles, molerats and big beetles is crawling around on leashes, in cages or freely.
The cave is actually fairly well-lit by curious lamps scattered around, no doubt for the benefit of the surface races visiting. The lamps themselves appear like bowls or bottles in which some sticky substance is burning. The somewhat strangely-looking smoke rises sharply upwards, escaping through the vents the ceiling seems to be riddled with.
Right in front of the entrance, there is a sign saying in Goblin and Convenient Common:
Underisde Colony, Visitor's Square

horngeek
2011-04-25, 06:21 AM
Abigail looks around cautiously.

It's not that she doesn't trust the goblins, it's just that... she's getting a feeling a deja vu.

Not in a good way. What makes it worse is she doesn't know why.

The Bushranger
2011-04-25, 02:54 PM
[Visitor's Square]

Jamie looks around in wonderment at the scene!
"Wow. This is...this is really, really cool!" she declares with a broad grin on her face. "This is where you live? This is amazing!"

Rae Artemi
2011-04-25, 02:58 PM
[Visitor's square]

"It's so... different. From home, or even GLoG. Which I guess is home, now." Saera says, looking around too, obviously impressed, her wings flapping a little bit from excitement. New places are fun!

Morty
2011-04-25, 03:06 PM
[Visitors' Square]

Brinika nods happily. Yeah! Our cave is behind a tunnel at the far end. She points to one of the hole-riddled walls of the dome. Come with us! She motions the LGS to follow her and her parents down to the square.

The Bushranger
2011-04-25, 03:11 PM
Visitor's Square

"Visiting different places is good. It keeps you from getting complacent, or prideful, and helps you learn new things," Jamie says to Saera, as she leads the way following Brinika and her parents! Her head on a swivel, taking everything in.

Rae Artemi
2011-04-25, 03:54 PM
[Visitor's square]

Saera follows too, though she isn't just turning her head, she's turning her whole body to try to see everything! Being small is hard sometimes! Granted she's probably still bigger than Brinika, but she's small for a human, and even for a five year old.

Earl of Purple
2011-04-25, 04:49 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Altar Room

Charynrae will pull a thread of silk from the spinneretts on the end of her abdomen and tie Din's lead to it and attach it to the wall. When that is complete, and the chuul has taken position in the pews, Charynrae walks to the altar, a crude stone table with a purple-dyed silk cloth lying over it and a gold idol depicting a scorpion-like creature with three scorpion tails, a stag beetle's head and a pair of praying mantis claws. Gazing out at the crowd, when she is convinced that nobody is moving, Charynrae starts to chant in Abyssal; it's about the superiority of invertebrates and how without them life would be impossible, both down here and on the surface. More attention is paid to the caverns as many of the congregation are originally from too deep to visit the surface regularly.

Beans
2011-04-25, 05:32 PM
[Temple]
Thruaill listens intently, or seems to.